Game Advice?

Not really a new player but not sure where this fits! Sorry if it is out of place here and if it is please let me know where I should post, I'm new to the forum.

Played this game for a little while, got to level 47 or so and then got bored of the waiting as I didn't want to buy RNG content or crystals so I ended up uninstalling for maybe 6 months or something I'm not sure. I just jumped back in recently and I'm at level 49 but I never looked up anything about the game so I'm realizing now I maybe messed up my teams lol. I didn't focus on anything in particular just geared and leveled up characters as I got them and got their shards. My main team is all over the place I just focused on whatever I had to work with. My characters certainly do not seem to stack up with similarly leveled players in the arena haha. (I'm level 49 now)
I guess my question is, should I restart somehow and if so how would that be done?
Or is there a way to salvage what I've got if I focus on farming the right characters from here on?

Thank you in advance for your time and any advice you might have. Again I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place. Even though I've been on the game for a while I think I probably still count as being a newbie since I just treated it like any other mobile game and killed time with it not really learning how to play. The tutorials I've looked at recently all talk about starting the right way from the begining and not so much how to get on track later in the game if you didn't but I can't find anything in the game to restart. So even if you could link to some content about getting on the right track later on in levels that'd be awesome and much appreciated!

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Restart. If you're serious about the game you will get back to level 49 in no time and be in way better shape.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Sounds like a good case for re-starting. As CCyrilS said it wont take you long to get back to that point and if you do some research up front you will be in much better shape.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Yeah, restart. Having quit for a while and come back, I can tell you for sure that the gap is REALLY hard to close.

Go the Phoenix --> EP/Thrawn --> CLS ---> JKR route from scratch, and you'll have a much easier time than trying to salvage a scattered roster that's been idle for 6 months.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I would concur with what the others have said, restart. In addition, search swgoh warrior pillars 2019, this will give you good ideas on the teams you want to focus on. Good luck!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Restart for sure. You'll get the right foot planted in and won't have to worry about starting the arena races a mile behind
  • It doesn't really matter, you're at level 45 and will save yourself some time by sticking with your original account. Check your top10 in your arena shard, get swgoh.gg going and start tracking your progress.

If you focus on malak, focus on the meta, you will be at a huge advantage compared to anyone who isn't as focused. I had a recent guildmate who joined, had 1.5 million GP and pretty much had malak done. They are ready for him. Its definitely impressive to see and they are doing well in raids, TW, TB, etc. without having the GP that most of our members do. Once you are in a guild that is good, you can get g12s so much easier. Grind the right characters, everything else will fall into place. Doesn't matter about much else.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter, you're at level 45 and will save yourself some time by sticking with your original account. Check your top10 in your arena shard, get swgoh.gg going and start tracking your progress.

If you focus on malak, focus on the meta, you will be at a huge advantage compared to anyone who isn't as focused. I had a recent guildmate who joined, had 1.5 million GP and pretty much had malak done. They are ready for him. Its definitely impressive to see and they are doing well in raids, TW, TB, etc. without having the GP that most of our members do. Once you are in a guild that is good, you can get g12s so much easier. Grind the right characters, everything else will fall into place. Doesn't matter about much else.

No. It matters a LOT. His shard is so far ahead of him, he will never catch up. Even if he spent money, it would be foolish since the roi would be so much higher by restarting.

Bad advice.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter, you're at level 45 and will save yourself some time by sticking with your original account. Check your top10 in your arena shard, get swgoh.gg going and start tracking your progress.

No. It matters a LOT. His shard is so far ahead of him, he will never catch up. Even if he spent money, it would be foolish since the roi would be so much higher by restarting.

Bad advice.

It doesn't matter what shard you're in. If you're F2P, grind the meta. You won't be able to get anywhere in the top 100 until then. How long is malak going to take starting from 0 vs 45? Do the math.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Bad advice.

It doesn't matter what shard you're in. If you're F2P, grind the meta. You won't be able to get anywhere in the top 100 until then. How long is malak going to take starting from 0 vs 45? Do the math.

When you're at the bottom of your shard and getting no crystals in the meantime? Quite a bit longer if he stays.

However, this was posted a week ago and he probably already started over and is lvl 45 again, in a way better position.