If Grand Arena matchmaking works, how come I've never won a match?

I have yet to win a match. My GP is based on all of my characters, of which I have unlocked and increased most. Meanwhile, you're pitting me against whales who have spent a fortune building 8 gear 12/13 teams, thus increasing their GP to match mine. The only matches I've won were when the other player hasn't attacked and my GP was higher. This is nothing more than a money making ploy that I intend to just ignore until it's designed to be fair for all.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    How come? Your opponents either had stronger rosters, better strategy or better execution of their strategy. If you want to win those are the things to work on.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    bsn1e6bnbnn4.png

Bonus points: Including literally no relevant data, nor roster, nor the tactics you've been using, and contradicting the title in the body of the OP.

Edit: Oh, also bonus points for declaring everyone who has more than you or has things you don't is a whale. That's great, too.
    Still not a he.
  • carecom wrote: »
    I have yet to win a match. ... The only matches I've won

:D
  • Thank you all for your constructive, albeit completely useless, input.
  • Basing matchmaking on GP doesn't work geniuses. If I build up 25 toons evenly and someone else builds 10 toons to max levels, the GP is close but the match will not be. I don't need to list strategies and competition to know what I see with my own eyes.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    How come? Your opponents either had stronger rosters, better strategy or better execution of their strategy. If you want to win those are the things to work on.

ORRRR...they had the same GP as me but yet had massive upgrades on a select group of toons while I have more toons at 7 * giving me a similar GP.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    bsn1e6bnbnn4.png

Bonus points: Including literally no relevant data, nor roster, nor the tactics you've been using, and contradicting the title in the body of the OP.

Edit: Oh, also bonus points for declaring everyone who has more than you or has things you don't is a whale. That's great, too.

Spoken like a whale.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    carecom wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you know what I meant dippy. Or maybe not if you spend your spare time responding to posts like you're a child, which you probably are.
  • carecom wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you know what I meant dippy. Or maybe not if you spend your spare time responding to posts like you're a child, which you probably are.

Actually, I don't. Have you won a match or haven't you? I have a 50/50 chance of being wrong if I try to guess what you mean. I'd rather not guess at blatant contradictions.

Also:
    Basing matchmaking on GP doesn't work geniuses. If I build up 25 toons evenly and someone else builds 10 toons to max levels, the GP is close but the match will not be. I don't need to list strategies and competition to know what I see with my own eyes.

I don't think matchmaking works the way you think it works.

You'll either be matched on your top 10 (in which case you actually won't be matched because your top 10 GP will be far less than the other guys) or your top 25. If it's the top 25 you could have an advantage if the other guy had 15 level 1 characters.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Thank you all for your constructive, albeit completely useless, input.
    You have given us no material with which to provide constructive criticism. Only material for mockery. That information I pointed out you didn't offer? With that, we might actually be able to help you. But no. You'd rather complain.
    Spoken like a whale.
    I'm F2P, bub.

But I love how that term has warped and mutated from someone who has spent inordinate amounts of money to dominate the game into anyone who's ever spent a dime, or has something you don't, or has been playing longer, or knows more about the game than you, or just who you don't like.

I ain't a whale. But I know a lot about this game. A lot of us on the forums do.

You could take advantage of that and learn to play better, or you can complain about the natural results of clearly being bad at this game.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Seems like matchmaking is working perfectly in this thread at least
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Seems like matchmaking is working perfectly in this thread at least

The responses in this thread line up perfectly with the game results, that's for sure.