Geo TB - phase 4 difficulty

Interested to see what the forum’s opinions are of the difficulty level of phase 4 combat / specials in Geo TB.

I, and many others I communicate with, think they are massively overtuned, and that the devs will need to dial back the difficulty knob.

A 5 man team with minimum gear level 12+3, all zetas / omegas activated and almost all 6 dot mods is getting totally wiped in wave 1 of a mission.

I simply do not believe that taking those guys to g13 will suddenly make them 4/4 capable.

If someone can prove me wrong, please do.

Also - I’m NOT complaining about phases 1-3. They are tough, yes, but I’ve seen plenty guild mates knocking off 4/4 in those missions. Don’t think I’ve even seen a 3/4 on phase 4 yet.

Replies

• Wxrlock
    55 posts Member
    I agree. The last phase is so hard. Even G13 toons can't go more than one wave. Especially the Dooku lead CM, he never even gets a turn.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Can a developer post a video of them clearing it 4/4 in testing?

I don't see this possible even with gear 13 or a level cap increase

Some things to point out:

Shaak Ti on basic did 70k+ damage on my toon on wave 3/4, and then she did her call all allies special which wiped out my other remaining toon where all assisting toons were doing 100k+ damage on g12+ toons

There is a clone trooper that taunts and gains retribution and recovers 20k protection on every counter. He also takes 4k damage on a critical hit

In fact everyone is taking 6k damage from my highest attackers on a critical hit at best case scenario

The stats on these enemy units needs to be scale down by a few factors

RE: They will release new toons to make it easier

We have 4 combat missions that none of the current toons can compete (except for Sith Empire, I haven't tried that team because platoons). Assuming Sith Empire can do 4/4

That would require at the minimum 15 new dark side toons with powercreep kits to stand a chance

Phases 1 to 3 is well balanced and doesn't need a change
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYVBy5oViY&feature=youtu.be

Can a developer please explain what he did wrong here?
  • Ultra wrote: »

They can’t because they don’t even test their own games. They tune based off our feedback. No chance a dev actually played phase 4.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Interested to see what the forum’s opinions are of the difficulty level of phase 4 combat / specials in Geo TB.

I, and many others I communicate with, think they are massively overtuned, and that the devs will need to dial back the difficulty knob.

A 5 man team with minimum gear level 12+3, all zetas / omegas activated and almost all 6 dot mods is getting totally wiped in wave 1 of a mission.

I simply do not believe that taking those guys to g13 will suddenly make them 4/4 capable.

Also - I’m NOT complaining about phases 1-3. They are tough, yes, but I’ve seen plenty guild mates knocking off 4/4 in those missions. Don’t think I’ve even seen a 3/4 on phase 4 yet.

The teams you use don't matter if you don't shut down the enemy perks by filling all of the platoons. All of the bonuses given to them are really powerful and you definitely need to fill all 18 if you want to have a chance of doing well.

What was the platoons status for your guild when you attacked?
  • Ultra wrote: »

Ultra wrote: »

Looks like he did everything correctly, by waiting. And the opponent AI is working as intended, by wiping his team out.

• nabokovfan wrote: »

The teams you use don't matter if you don't shut down the enemy perks by filling all of the platoons. All of the bonuses given to them are really powerful and you definitely need to fill all 18 if you want to have a chance of doing well.

2/6 top, 4/6 middle and 4/6 bottom.

I'm afraid I don't buy that reason for how hard the combats are.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Maybe they're using it to catch cheaters
  • 5jv8fyy9g1z0.jpeg
    4/4 is doable
  • Emguy wrote: »
    Maybe they're using it to catch cheaters

Rofl, this is pretty good actually.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    5jv8fyy9g1z0.jpeg
    4/4 is doable
    So is flying to the.moon. Let's all give that a try and see how many of us make it! :D
  • nabokovfan wrote: »

2/6 top, 4/6 middle and 4/6 bottom.

I'm afraid I don't buy that reason for how hard the combats are.

Stopping that high of a crit avoidance on top of the tenacity and level differential is critical. Preloaded turn meter means you start behind in health, protection, debuffs. Team composition is key, critical to getting past certain configurations that show up. There is only a handful of teams that have a chance. Needless to say, stopping the platoon buffs means stopping crit avoidance, bonus turns, defense down and offense down debuffs, and massive AoEs that take you out. It's critical if you're not using a "perfect" team.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member

Call me a tin foiled hat man or whatever, but something tells me that we are not supposed to beat it, it's there to make the whale guilds win it. Think about it, if you cant get more then 16 stars but whale guilds get plus 26 stars because they got the GP to deploy. Who would benefit the most? Who would stay happy the most? Whales. Which means they will keep spending money and get a leg up on gear 13 and the general kenobi ship. After they get theirs Devs will nerf the difficulty and the rewards just you watch
  • We’ll get 26 stars, and we’re not a whale guild.

@10centLovin - share your team please!
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member

I simply do not believe that taking those guys to g13 will suddenly make them 4/4 capable. ...
    If you didn’t clear a single wave, you might have used a team not suitable for this TB.
    I cleared a wave using a g11 char with the others at g12. And not a single zeta on the squad

• There are 5 combat missions, and when we unlock Wat there’s a special too.

There are not 5 teams capable of clearing 4/4 right now in the game - that much I know.
  • Believe it or not it was my Nightsisters team. G13 Daka with a Zeta is very sturdy even in phase 4. Give her a nice mix of health, tenacity, and speed to keep bringing everyone back.
    We had full platoons and Daka is was full 6* mods. But it is doable.
    I’m sure even as I’m typing this they are rolling out a fix for her.

• Crazy. My 97k hp 300 speed Daka ate a **** sandwich in wave 2 that wiped all my girls. And m I girls are no joke and all have T6 on. Daka is only one at g13 but the others are all g12+5. Good job though. [/quote]

300 speed? That’s much more then I have. How’s your Tenacity? You can’t afford to let her be stunned or Ab when it’s time for a revive. Also MT lead zeta is needed if that wasn’t already understood.
  • I don't think it needs to be dialed back, I just think that we aren't to where we can beat it yet. Look at who we're fighting:
    00d4gj0nentt.png
    They're going to raise the level cap, and gradually we will all get more and more toons to G13. Once both of those things happen, I think that Phase 4 will be much more achievable.
    Patience.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    I don't think it needs to be dialed back, I just think that we aren't to where we can beat it yet. Look at who we're fighting:
    00d4gj0nentt.png
    They're going to raise the level cap, and gradually we will all get more and more toons to G13. Once both of those things happen, I think that Phase 4 will be much more achievable.
    Patience.

By that time the whale guilds will have wat tambor and he will be the meta, they are already getting 30 stars on geo TB. It's an event o ly meant to be played by whales not the average spender
  • Boros wrote: »
    I don't think it needs to be dialed back, I just think that we aren't to where we can beat it yet. Look at who we're fighting:
    00d4gj0nentt.png
    Patience.

By that time the whale guilds will have wat tambor and he will be the meta, they are already getting 30 stars on geo TB. It's an event o ly meant to be played by whales not the average spender

Are you saying that wasn't true when the Hoth TB released?

And even so, I think it's a big assumption to say that Wat will be meta. ROLO and IPD were never meta.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/