Will The TAC Gear Challenge Ever Get Updated?

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited July 2019
@CG_SBCrumb

Just wondering if there as been any talks between the devs about updating the TAC gear challenge. All the gear pieces being rewarded have very little use.

The AGI gear challenge gives Hypo Syringes, the STR gear challenge gives out Carbantis while the TAC gear challenge give out this:

3348bj4yuy4e.jpg

Of course a reasonable addition would be adding 1-2 or 1-3 Mk 5 stun guns would make this challenge much more useful. Considering Mk 5 stun guns are needed by every single character and is an old paywall.

I mean you guys made carbantis more accessible so why not make another old gear piece that is difficult to obtain more obtainable?

Replies

• good question!
  • we have so many shops (and so many different currencies), but not only one, where we can sell gear material.

we can sell mods, why not gear?

credits or shard-curreny would‘t hurt...
  • You used to be able to sell gear, but the feature was removed, presumably because the few credits and QoL we got on our end was not worth the hasstle, customer complaints, and refunds that had to be issued when scrubs sold their good MK5 stun guns instead of the 10,000 MK4 stun guns they meant to sell.
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    we have so many shops (and so many different currencies), but not only one, where we can sell gear material.

we can sell mods, why not gear?

credits or shard-curreny would‘t hurt...

Yes! Please. We could also trade or sell all the useless raid gear that CG didn't remove from raids when they said they were removing useless raid gear.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Just wondering if there as been any talks between the devs about updating the TAC gear challenge. All the gear pieces being rewarded have very little use.

The AGI gear challenge gives Hypo Syringes, the STR gear challenge gives out Carbantis while the TAC gear challenge give out this:

3348bj4yuy4e.jpg

Of course a reasonable addition would be adding 1-2 or 1-3 Mk 5 stun guns would make this challenge much more useful. Considering Mk 5 stun guns are needed by every single character and is an old paywall.

I mean you guys made carbantis more accessible so why not make another old gear piece that is difficult to obtain more obtainable?

Agreed. This is long overdue
  • I'd take something where you can trade up gear at like 20:1. That works out to 2-3 pieces of Mk 5 Stun Guns a week.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    It'll get "updated" when we get level 90 and a new tier of challenges.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SemiGod wrote: »

I am going to guess I have nearly every single character above g8 waiting for a stun gun. Probably 50-75 characters just sitting and waiting not being able to be used. Removing Stun guns from the low energy ship nodes is bad enough. It's been long enough and anyone that doesn't want to wait will just buy them. Please update the weekly events. Add stun guns, add Droid callers. Much appreciated.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Great suggestion. Well thought out... Not complaining just making a valid argument

Response. New toons will require carbs and stun guns at gear 2. -cg Carrie lol
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member
    Stun guns are one of the time gates. Intentionally so. They're not going to be making them easier any time soon.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if this is a topic we see in the road ahead blog post. But I guess we'll have to wait and see when that comes out. Either way, yes. I want updated challenge modes. They arent a challenge anymore 😁
  • This actually might save the game for me which is slowly dying as I find other games to play. It's still number one (used to be all I play), but there are cracks now...
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Mk5 Stun Guns on the Windu challenge please. PLEASE.
  • #metoostunguns
  • It would be nice to see an upgrade option instead of selling. Upgrade ur mk4 to mk5 by combining 10 or 50 something reasonable for each stage. I'm sure this has been thought of or discussed but I'm a nub so yeah.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    ...or they could leave the challenges alone, and start requiring 5000 pieces of challenge gear as one of the components to the first g13 pieces...

*Ducks and runs offstage as the rotten tomatoes begin to fly*
  • CG:"We changed all characters so now they need 2000 medpacks and 4000 elec binoculers obtained from tac challenge."
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Ukrany wrote: »
    CG:"We changed all characters so now they need 2000 medpacks and 4000 elec binoculers obtained from tac challenge."

I could still do at least 2-3 toons at that exchange rate.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    RsHKenshin wrote: »
    It would be nice to see an upgrade option instead of selling. Upgrade ur mk4 to mk5 by combining 10 or 50 something reasonable for each stage. I'm sure this has been thought of or discussed but I'm a nub so yeah.

Good idea but people have 1000s to 10000s of them saved up so they will probably have to have some sort of way to remove the excess amount or people will have 500 salvage chilling
  • emoore123 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is a topic we see in the road ahead blog post. But I guess we'll have to wait and see when that comes out. Either way, yes. I want updated challenge modes. They arent a challenge anymore 😁

They haven't been a challenge for years 😥😭