Did I Mess Up?

I recently started playing this game, and I was completely enamored by the idea of a rebel squad. I'm wondering if things will get better if I stick by my OG team composition, or if I should dump them for Phoenix or Jedi who seem to be doing significantly better.

lGWbjik.jpg
WRCdbNx.jpg

Replies

• You’re not that far along. Go look at YouTube and search for Warrior’s pillar system. Great guide to get you on the right path.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    In this game, factions matter. Most of the best abilities are improved by or strictly limited to other characters of the same faction.

And resources will always be a bottleneck so plan ahead a bit and only gear-/level-up the characters you are using or plan to use.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    At least you'll be in a good position when it's time to get ready for CLS.
  • Oakweasel247
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Phoenix for sure, great starting squad.
  • Start with Phoenix then I would say too aim for cls or jtr
  • Yes, you should switch full force to Phoenix farming. Especially when you're starting out this is pretty much the premier, free to farm team you can get for LS.

As a bonus, they are required for Admiral Thrawn, one of the best drag and drop toons in the game who can fit on many compositions and can dramatically turn the tides in your favor by locking down a key player on the enemy team.

Added bonus -> They are required for 2 missions in Light Side Hoth Territory Battle. Beyond that, they can fill in on other missions too when not required for their specific ones in a given day.

Added bonus -> You get a team of 5 Rebels, which means they can also get you Emperor Palpatine.

Added bonus -> You get 2 Jedi, one of them (Ezra) actually being an amazingly strong one, which means you're 2/5 of the way to getting Grand Master Yoda during his very easy event.

Want more bonuses? Their ships are pretty good too (though that will require unlocking Sabine too, and any hard node only farms are terrible) and especially with the current ship meta being Rebel heavy, they're even better.

Will you ultimately use them in Arena for long? No. Once your arena shard starts unlocking Emperor Palpatine in force, Phoenix will start to get blown out of the water. To plan ahead, you should also be side farming strong Sith and/or Empire teams that will benefit under Emperor Palpatine's lead.
  • Beaks
    73 posts Member
    @kobayashilobestohru;
    This is the same advice I give newer guild members. Raise 3 squads right away.
    1) Light Side.
    2) Dark side.
    3) Bounty Hunters.

A light side and dark side Squad to complete its areas and a Bounty Squad for Credit/Training Droid Heist.
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    Yes, you should switch full force to Phoenix farming. Especially when you're starting out this is pretty much the premier, free to farm team you can get for LS.

As a bonus, they are required for Admiral Thrawn, one of the best drag and drop toons in the game who can fit on many compositions and can dramatically turn the tides in your favor by locking down a key player on the enemy team.

Added bonus -> They are required for 2 missions in Light Side Hoth Territory Battle. Beyond that, they can fill in on other missions too when not required for their specific ones in a given day.

Added bonus -> You get a team of 5 Rebels, which means they can also get you Emperor Palpatine.

Added bonus -> You get 2 Jedi, one of them (Ezra) actually being an amazingly strong one, which means you're 2/5 of the way to getting Grand Master Yoda during his very easy event.

Want more bonuses? Their ships are pretty good too (though that will require unlocking Sabine too, and any hard node only farms are terrible) and especially with the current ship meta being Rebel heavy, they're even better.

Will you ultimately use them in Arena for long? No. Once your arena shard starts unlocking Emperor Palpatine in force, Phoenix will start to get blown out of the water. To plan ahead, you should also be side farming strong Sith and/or Empire teams that will benefit under Emperor Palpatine's lead.

pretty much this ^
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    UNDE4DLY wrote: »
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    Yes, you should switch full force to Phoenix farming. Especially when you're starting out this is pretty much the premier, free to farm team you can get for LS.

pretty much this ^

Lol. No pretty much about it. Exactly what @thatguy181 said.
  • I don't think you screwed up. I like to play with the characters I enjoy. I play for fun, not to have the best possible team to be in the top 100.
  • Pay attention to thatguy181! This is exactly what you need to follow. Phoenix Squad is most important starting out. They encompass every aspect of the game! So souly focus on them.

Me personally I don't pay any mind to the Droid of the Phoenix Squad just the other 5!!!
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    I wouldn't say you messed up. You're going to want most of those toons pretty early on anyway. With that said, I would definitely switch to Phoenix as soon as possible. You don't HAVE to start with Phoenix, but for many of the reasons above, it's probably the best way to go.

You're going to want Thrawn at some point, and Phoenix is the only way to get him. Building a PHX team later is worse than doing it early because you can use them as your arena team to start out. They lose their effectiveness quickly once your shard starts getting Palpatine, but by then you'll be moving on yourself and Phoenix will be done. They are also great in helping you clear the Galactic War because of their health/protection regen and excellent team synergy. Those are huge when you don't have a large roster of characters to chose from.
  • I recently started playing this game, and I was completely enamored by the idea of a rebel squad. I'm wondering if things will get better if I stick by my OG team composition, or if I should dump them for Phoenix or Jedi who seem to be doing significantly better.

lGWbjik.jpg
    WRCdbNx.jpg

Keep in mind you need them for CLS event!
  • Beaks wrote: »
    @kobayashilobestohru;
    This is the same advice I give newer guild members. Raise 3 squads right away.
    1) Light Side.
    2) Dark side.
    3) Bounty Hunters.

A light side and dark side Squad to complete its areas and a Bounty Squad for Credit/Training Droid Heist.

I'd say 2. BH can be your DS team along w/ starter characters till you see the Empire open up w/ Tarkin/Vader.

From each Location I say get 2 characters started.

Cantina Nodes = Ezra & Hera
    Cantina Store = Chopper & Boba
    Squad Store = Kanan & IG88 (or STHan)
    GalWar Store = Zeb & Cad
    LS/DS Nodes = Sabine & something darkside (More Boba Shards, Dooku, Talia, Range Trooper)

That said by the time you hit fleet you want that 2 to become 4 so that by 80 you are rocking Phoenix, Jedi, Empire, & Scoundrels (BH).

With 4 teams in various stages of gearing/staring you're deep enough to handle most anything G-War throws at you & some variety for arena too.