Regarding Heroine Bundle Purchases

14567810Next

Replies

• data90x wrote: »
    The compensation is a joke. I advise everyone to contact apple or google via your purchase receipt and request a refund. Mine has just been processed.

So do they delete the toons that came in the package after getting a refund?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Don't be an ewok with questions like that

If EA doesn't do it is then upto the customer service of Google and Apple and basically concessions that ea has no choice in and no access too

If they get to many negative refunds they will issue warnings to ea/cg for business practice and then threaten to remove from the App Store

But as ea is so large hey would pay a fine submit a new cs procedure to avoid that so we would never know

But mark otero and others know the impact the press on this is and the failure of good business sense to just put this to bed quickly surprises even me, in dragon age they compensated the nerf well and fairly quickly and it died fast

This team has opted the other dragging defiance option and you see the fall out continue

Marketing 101 also and Captial Sacramento has great talent and so does the new Texas studio and this is a penultimate failure by producers not Admina or designers because leaving that bundle out there for purchase on the day you nerfed it is dubious possibly illegal but pr nightmare and no one seemed to recognize that which makes me think leadership was not fully in the loop on this and the response should have been over compensating not sarcastic overture of we have to do something
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Some have said that the "gift" should be small like it ended up being because Barriss was only a small part of the package. There are other heroes, credits, etc. You know what I did with my credits? Upgrade my Barriss. I guess I used some of the credits to upgrade the other heroines too, but people act as if I spent the money and got a fully upgraded hero. I know others have mentioned the other costs associated with having geared her and promoted her (which I have not done, and now likely won't be) so I won't beat that dead horse, but I agree.

So what I'll do is tell you how I do use that pack. I use Ahsako in the early stages of GW. I may also use Ventriss, but she ends up dying pretty quickly and since her ability still doesn't work right (doesn't match the description), she's not as useful as she should be. Barriss is only useful until I can replace her heal, which I am very disappointed with. I bought the pack because I saw the descriptions of her ability and knew I wanted it. Now, often she ends up taking more health from other heroes and giving it to herself than they end up healing afterwards. I have to be very careful when to use her ability so that she doesn't come a hero who will end up doing because of her "healing". Then there's always get oh so powerful attack that might heal anyone who isn't currently immune because now there are lots of heroes out there "granting" immunity.

I think if she was actually overpowered at all, it was only because most didn't have sid or anakin or ig88 and kylo wasn't out yet (am I missing any?) and therefore she was harder to beat as he heal wasn't countered well. Now that her heal barely does anything for me but take chewie's health and move it around, she's weak.

I won't be buying the new pack, because why would I after this. It costs so much to train a level one hero at this point that mostly in just going to use my remaining gems to refill energy 3 or 4 times a day to get gear or do Cantina missions for shards. Will I buy more packs? Not sure yet, but this doesn't help their cause if the intent is to entice me to spend more.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Don't be an ewok with questions like that

If EA doesn't do it is then upto the customer service of Google and Apple and basically concessions that ea has no choice in and no access too

If they get to many negative refunds they will issue warnings to ea/cg for business practice and then threaten to remove from the App Store

But as ea is so large hey would pay a fine submit a new cs procedure to avoid that so we would never know

But mark otero and others know the impact the press on this is and the failure of good business sense to just put this to bed quickly surprises even me, in dragon age they compensated the nerf well and fairly quickly and it died fast

This team has opted the other dragging defiance option and you see the fall out continue

Marketing 101 also and Captial Sacramento has great talent and so does the new Texas studio and this is a penultimate failure by producers not Admina or designers because leaving that bundle out there for purchase on the day you nerfed it is dubious possibly illegal but pr nightmare and no one seemed to recognize that which makes me think leadership was not fully in the loop on this and the response should have been over compensating not sarcastic overture of we have to do something

I wasn't being a smart ***, it was a legit question.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Trying to not be personal but a lot of trolley people on this subject

But the app holder can not reverse the decision of the mobile provider i.e. Apple it's the same thing people do with Amex and concession disputes and a reason a lot of businesses don't use Amex anymore because Amex is very pro consumer but app makers can't bypass Apple Store or google play so they are stuck in essence and typically try to squash these quickly and thus the fallout here is a pr lesson for all young producers and want to be designers as what not to do
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Since you gave free stuff to everyone who bought barris, why don't you give a free barris to everyone who didn't? She ignores anti healing debuff, she is the only one whom does it. I'm pretty sure the whiners wont mind it, since she is "useless" right?
  • The_Doctor wrote: »
    Since you gave free stuff to everyone who bought barris, why don't you give a free barris to everyone who didn't? She ignores anti healing debuff, she is the only one whom does it. I'm pretty sure the whiners wont mind it, since she is "useless" right?

You can have both Bariss and the "compensation" it will be $50 though, until then this matter concerns you not and the whiner is you!
    Since you gave free stuff to everyone who bought barris, why don't you give a free barris to everyone who didn't? She ignores anti healing debuff, she is the only one whom does it. I'm pretty sure the whiners wont mind it, since she is "useless" right?

You can have both Bariss and the "compensation" it will be $50 though, until then this matter concerns you not and the whiner is you!

Nope you can't. 12/18. I do congratulate you whiners for the social engineering though.

NERF barris! Make her abide to antihealing debuff.
    The_Doctor wrote: »

Nope you can't. 12/18. I do congratulate you whiners for the social engineering though.

Honestly that would be fine with me if they removed her equalization and modified her kit to be a lot better. She's quite bland of a pick right now.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015

you hit it on the nail
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    No free stuff was given. The Barriss pack cost $50, leveling her may cost $100 (Crystals), gear VII and as many mats from Cantuna refreshes. But she is now worth maybe $2? $2.50? All the Crystals in the pack went to her. Then 500 Crystals may be the only thing useful in the pack, because they are the only ones that one won't invest in now worthless Barriss.

$50 for 500 Crystals and a $2 bucks char.

The 500 "offer" is still sitting in my inbox and I am worried every time I come to the forum I may accidentaly press Claim (the Caim anf Forum buttons are 2 mm appart). Hope rhey add a Dismiss button. I don't want that.
  • Where is the free stuff or gift people talking about? We paid for the toon and it got nerfed.

I don't care much about Barriss but given this action, I am now looking at my 60+ available chars and asking myself a question: which chars gonna be nerfed next? I don't know. Build droids? what if they get nerfed, build Empire? Same thing. Ok, the best thing to do is just leave them there, forget about refills. Gear up some sexy looking chars, forget about ability. Daily missions at most.

I think the point of nerfing Barriss is to get people spend more crystal to refresh. Yes, Barriss is very good for a defense team in arena. Without her (previous) strong abilities you drop ranks fast (and hence now you need more refresh - bonus crystal!).

Now people with much less power can snipe you down. I forget arena all together. Get in and retreat 3 times to get the daily mission, that's it. Still top 100 I think, lost track of my rank.
  • A running theme throughout this post is that 500 crystals in a poor attempt of showing goodwill to those people who brought the Heroine pack for 60 or so dollars.

It seems that EA has deemed $5.50 worth of crystals as fair for the massive nerf that she got. These are some of the topics I have noticed from reading this thread;

1. I wonder if the packs are massively overpriced/marked up, to what the true worth of the character really is?
    2. Did people, including myself, buy the Heroine pack just for Bariss?
    3. Is healing overrated?
    4. Was Barris really, only worth $5?
    5. Did EA get the nerf terribly wrong?
    6. If it costs 50 crystals to refresh a timer then why wasn't our time taken into consideration in gearing and leveling Bariss and then compensated for?
    7. Since 500 crystals were given as goodwill, are we to expect Bariss to became better in future updates?

It would seem that this has opened a big can of worms. For those who spend a lot of money and to those who are f2p and don't spend that much either.

Was there a need to nerf her that hard? Other than the fact that every lower level player who didnt have her complained saying she is too strong. Was she supposed to be the best healer in the game? Or is the humble Jedi Counselor & Luminara arguably the best healers in the game?

But all in all, 500 crystals in better than nothing and I would like to say thanks for the show of goodwill.
  • @Soujah thanks for the great post. It was refreshing to read it.

It doesn't ignore healing immunity, she equalizes health them applies a heal. What you're seeing is the first part only, the heal part doesn't get through an immunity debuff. Watch her when she's the last toon, try to heal herself with an immunity on, nothing happens. She's only useful in GW and LS now.

This has been posted many times. Her heal does not bypass the heal-block.
    I think the lack of understanding about this mechanic was a major source of the op claims.
    I have a hunch she may be tuned up a bit in the future.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Yeah the biggest problem was the mechanics she used was to confusing for a majority of players so they didn't understand how she works. That is a problem a lot of games have and why you really can't do anything to complex for a game that is meant for a wide audience without problems.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    wow i'm seeing a lot of hate in here, not to surprising as there always is in f2p games with "pay to winners" complainging about the "free loaders" and "free laoders" complaining about "pay to winners". So people are upset that some of us support the game, you do realize we're the ones that keep the game going for you to play freely right? Now i'm not saying that entitles us "pay to winners" an unfair advantage, but the fact that we'll get access to characters sooner is what we're paying for. You have access to the same characters, with a few exceptions, just takes you longer to get them. Not sure why there are some characters, i'm looking at you qui-gon, that you can ONLY get from chromium packs.

all that said guess why I bought the character packs? because I had just started playing and I wanted a group of characters that weren't all 2/3 star. It was even cool that they were almost all jedi so I got to form a Jedi squad. I hadn't done any online research knowing jack squat about the characters but because I paid for them someone is still going to toss my **** in the "your an **** for paying" side of the bus, gee thanx I really appreciate that. I don't mind that they rebalanced the character although I think they went to far, I was actually expecting they would prevent her normalization from working through heal block as THAT is what I figured was overpowered. Compared to other healers she hits like a wet noodle so all she had was the fact she had a ton of hitpionts to soak some damage and here heal through heal blocks to sell her. For a while I did use her as a leader but felt other leader abilities were better, Qui-gons speed buff, but now I wouldn't eve consider her for leader as her leaderbenefit is simply overshadowed. the only reason she is currently in my party is because of the large group of anti heal units out there that she can still help against to a certain degree. Again i'm not so worried about just her nerf as I am the fact at the same time they modify two characters that SEEMED to be perfectly viable characters especially sidius EVERYONE wanted him for his anti heal. now ontop of that utility they make it so him and his apprentice are pretty good at murdering all the characters that I paid money for simply because they were widley available.....kinda figures they are widly in use as they were all sold to us.....so yeah that felt like more a slap in the face then simply nerfing one character.

I do appreciate they offered us something for nerfing barris although I don't feel it was really necessary as I didn't buy her because I knew how she'd perform. I simply knew she was a healer which I needed another of, and she was a jedi which I thought was cool and would work as a good thematic team with other characters I had purchased on my first day of playing the game. The game should be balanced so if they need to balance characters fine, although I didn't see her raw healing as an issue just the heal through block but they felt otherwise :( just wish we didn't have so much hate between payers and non payers, doesn't help a community bickering like this :(
  • Today - during a short weak moment - my fingers were hovering over the TFA pack in order to purchase it. Then I remembered what happend with the last pack I bought and the generous behavior of EA ...

No moar moneeeey! #neverforgettbarrissgate
  • Barrissgate is real and should never be forgotten no one should purchase again.
  • I wish there was a way to like people's posts.

I'd also love to hear from EA about this matter more. Is #barrissgate over in their eyes? Because this backlash is far worse than the original backlash of Barriss being 'op'.
  • GromphB
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Hey all, sorry for the late post regarding this subject. It's the holidays as I'm sure everyone understands. I want to do a breakdown real quick for what I find unreasonable. Here we go!

So as I'm sure a lot of people agree Bariss was too strong, but I'm going to try and weigh in, on the topic of her not supposed to be the best healer follow this up with the consular which everyone gets right off the bat for free, not supposed to be him, too easy to get. Everyone has him next option is old Daka arguably the best dark side healer. Next Luminara, well she's an attacker so not her either? But she can heal so maybe? She doesn't cost 50$ so if you want to nerf Bariss that's ok, but people spent 50$ to have the best healer so compensation should be more than 500 gems.

Other side of the coin F2P players are giving this nerf glowing reviews, that's okay too, but I will say that rather than coming to the threads and saying people who spent hard earned money on the topic are whiny put yourself in their perspective. I bought the Bariss pack, obviously, but I got it because I wanted a strong 4* character. Not because she was OP, a lot of us are from the soft launch and didn't know what to expect.

@EA_Jesse the point I'm trying to make is Bariss is no longer powerful enough to be considered a top tier 4 star toon. That's the point, add in the people like myself who did the 1 hard mission I have available to get 0-3 shards a day and FINALLY boost her to 5 star just to get this nerf the next day it is frustrating and 500 gems does not ease the frustration.

I do not by any means think a full refund is in order, that would be equally unreasonable. But there has to be something more reasonable that can be done

To sum up I'm fine with the nerf, but the toons value didn't slightly drop. It plummeted you cannot say that ahsoka or ventriss is an equalizer either because their shards can be obtained through squad/arena shipments. Bariss is only obtainable through purchase or 3 hard mode missions, to feasibly obtain her at a fast pace you have NO choice but to spend money or wait a year if you don't spend.
    Post edited by GromphB on
  • I have spent a ton of money with you guys because it's a great product. Nothing you do will please everyone. Keep up the good work and throw me a few Vader shards for Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.