Time To Talk Endgame

2Next

Replies

• Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Time travel didnt make sense.

The reality they made for themselves just screwed over all the other timelines going on.

Thanos won by default. No way half the population disappears and comes back five years later without issues as a shortage of food and work. There would be mass starvation and huge masses of people without jobs living on the streets. Thanos won as civilization would crumble under the weight of everyone coming back.

How does Hulk hold the Time Stone?

How does Hawkeye hold the Soul Stone?

Tony put on the glove and didnt feel any pain like the Hulk.

Cpt Marvel took the glove and tried to get it back to Ironman instead of just wearing it and snapping it herself.

Thanos puts on the glove and doesnt feel the power go away when Ironman swipes them out. (why didnt they just take them out when they fought him in Infinity War?)

With Cpt America going back to live his life it means there are two Cpt Americas as he is still frozen ice. How will that work?

How do you return the Soul Stone? (What happened when Cpt America saw Red Skull?)

How do you return the Reality Stone?

Bucky doesnt age at all but Cpt America going back makes him age tremendously.

After Tony snaps he is hurt and cant move. Why didnt Thanos walk over and grab the gauntlet and reverse it? Why did he just look around and then sit down and wait?

When Peter went back to school wouldnt have his class have grown up and graduated?

Just a few things I can think of off the top of my head.

I was wondering about the high school thing. That part really didn’t make sense.

I assumed the kids at school were just the snapped ones.

I bet they will explain it like that. IDK.
    Just seems like The Ancient One is going to be very upset with Cap and especially Bruce, since he promised everything will go back to its rightful time.

Another issue for future movies ;)

Indeed. I know the comics got crazy with characters dying and coming back, but didn't know the movies would go that in depth.

I wonder if the X-men will show up too, especially now that Disney owns fox. Although I don't know if I could see anyone else being Wolverine. Hugh Jackman was awesome, IMHO.

Hugh was the best. I’m pretty sure the X-Men are slated to join soon, though. Maybe after the next big baddie, which is rumored to be Norman Osborn and a specific gang of six super villains...

Seems like it would be cool. The xmen would be a major issue to include, since they're not talked about and I want to say that the MCU has implied they don't exist. The only real "crossovers are spider-man, scarlet witch and quick silver.

Maybe the second snap caused the “X-Men-Verse” to collide with the MCU.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Time travel didnt make sense.

The reality they made for themselves just screwed over all the other timelines going on.

Thanos won by default. No way half the population disappears and comes back five years later without issues as a shortage of food and work. There would be mass starvation and huge masses of people without jobs living on the streets. Thanos won as civilization would crumble under the weight of everyone coming back.

How does Hulk hold the Time Stone?

How does Hawkeye hold the Soul Stone?

Tony put on the glove and didnt feel any pain like the Hulk.

Cpt Marvel took the glove and tried to get it back to Ironman instead of just wearing it and snapping it herself.

Thanos puts on the glove and doesnt feel the power go away when Ironman swipes them out. (why didnt they just take them out when they fought him in Infinity War?)

With Cpt America going back to live his life it means there are two Cpt Americas as he is still frozen ice. How will that work?

How do you return the Soul Stone? (What happened when Cpt America saw Red Skull?)

How do you return the Reality Stone?

Bucky doesnt age at all but Cpt America going back makes him age tremendously.

After Tony snaps he is hurt and cant move. Why didnt Thanos walk over and grab the gauntlet and reverse it? Why did he just look around and then sit down and wait?

When Peter went back to school wouldnt have his class have grown up and graduated?

Just a few things I can think of off the top of my head.

I was wondering about the high school thing. That part really didn’t make sense.

I assumed the kids at school were just the snapped ones.

I bet they will explain it like that. IDK.
    Just seems like The Ancient One is going to be very upset with Cap and especially Bruce, since he promised everything will go back to its rightful time.

Another issue for future movies ;)

Indeed. I know the comics got crazy with characters dying and coming back, but didn't know the movies would go that in depth.

I wonder if the X-men will show up too, especially now that Disney owns fox. Although I don't know if I could see anyone else being Wolverine. Hugh Jackman was awesome, IMHO.

Hugh was the best. I’m pretty sure the X-Men are slated to join soon, though. Maybe after the next big baddie, which is rumored to be Norman Osborn and a specific gang of six super villains...

Seems like it would be cool. The xmen would be a major issue to include, since they're not talked about and I want to say that the MCU has implied they don't exist. The only real "crossovers are spider-man, scarlet witch and quick silver.

Maybe the second snap caused the “X-Men-Verse” to collide with the MCU.

I don’t doubt it
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Figure they will bring in the multiverse with the different timelines they created. Would be the best way to intoduce mutants.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Figure they will bring in the multiverse with the different timelines they created. Would be the best way to intoduce mutants.

Maybe we will see some alternate like when spider man goes into different dimensions in some scenarios and sees different versions of himself
  • All good stuff! Personally I hope they cover the story arch of Peter mutating into the giant spider. TBH, I don't remember how he was cured, just that he grew 4 more arms.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »

Ah, the epic ness of CGI make believe movies, there the best.
    Edit: Young Thanos probably did CrossFit.

How dare you disrespect Thanos like that! He is obviously trains more like a strongman with lots of heavy sled work. He probably drags the trashed ships of his enemies. I'd say he's a 5x5 kind of lifter. Does about 4 heavy days and light on his off days.
    fha4cb5j0jja.png
    b23pxjkfar8l.png
    Above is Thanos and his (adopted) daughter. Below that is 4x Worlds Strongest man Brain Shaw. Coincidence?! I think not.

• I think that they should have kept the romance between Black Widow and Bruce Banner going, then for endgame, have Bruce and Black Widow go get the soul stone, because someone needed to carry the thing. It would've made for a more emotionally charged scene. Black Widow justifying Bruce living because he is the only one that could use all the stones together and survive. Perhaps it could have complicated Bruce being able to control the Hulk.
  • Perhaps it could have complicated Bruce being able to control the Hulk.
    I would have preferred that. It would leave the door open to the actual Hulk we all know and watch in aw to come back.
  • Perhaps it could have complicated Bruce being able to control the Hulk.
    I would have preferred that. It would leave the door open to the actual Hulk we all know and watch in aw to come back.

I kinda liked the Smart Hulk as a character development, but I felt that the Hawkeye/Black Widow thing was out of character. Kinda felt forced. I know the Hulk was strong, and with the gamma radiation he already was exposed to, was able to use all the stones and live.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    They took away the power of the stones when Hawkeye held one.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I think they are trying to show us that just the power stone does that. The space stone transported Red Skull because the soul stone was unprotected.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

I think they are trying to show us that just the power stone does that. The space stone transported Red Skull because the soul stone was unprotected.

So how many can regular beings use/hold at once?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    As many are required by the need of the writers...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    As many are required by the need of the writers...

This. It’s all fake, but if they wish to keep continuity, I’d just say power stone is dangerous, the stones abilities are hard to wield, and aside from the power stone, one stone is the limit for typical folks.
  • LordDirt wrote: »

So how many can regular beings use/hold at once?

If we keep in universe, that answer is found in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1. The answer, 0. We didn't know it at the time, but even with Star Lord being 1/2 god and half human, even he wasn't able to hold the power stone alone. The only way they put the genie back into the bottle was as a team.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I thoroughly enjoyed End Game.

My only real upsets are that we didn't see the proper evolution of Hulk to where he ended in End Game. I think a second Hulk movie between Infinity War and End Game would have been huge, introducing the Red Hulk as the villain - could have been epic. Instead we got Captain Marvel.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Captain Marvel was enjoyable, although it certainly had its disappointing moments, it was far from the worst MCU movie.

Having said that her character essentially did nothing in End Game. Everything that the character did do could have easily been re-written to the skills of existing characters.

* She saves Iron Man and Nebula - could they not have fixed the ship?
    * She takes out Thanos' invading ship - could Dr. Strange not send all that water in the air to be electrified by Thor bringing down that ship?
    * She holds off Thanos for a few seconds - could anyone else not do this???

That is basically all she does. Now I am not ragging on the character of Captain Marvel, I think she is a good "front man" so to speak moving forward for the next phase of the MCU, I just don't see the point of introducing a new character and shoe horning in yet another character at the end of the phase - it was just bad.

I thought everyone else had just endings. Sad about Iron Man and Black Widow, but I guess you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. I was very happy with Captain America's ending - very deserving!

Overall very good.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoyed End Game.

My only real upsets are that we didn't see the proper evolution of Hulk to where he ended in End Game. I think a second Hulk movie between Infinity War and End Game would have been huge, introducing the Red Hulk as the villain - could have been epic. Instead we got Captain Marvel.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Captain Marvel was enjoyable, although it certainly had its disappointing moments, it was far from the worst MCU movie.

Having said that her character essentially did nothing in End Game. Everything that the character did do could have easily been re-written to the skills of existing characters.

* She saves Iron Man and Nebula - could they not have fixed the ship?
    * She takes out Thanos' invading ship - could Dr. Strange not send all that water in the air to be electrified by Thor bringing down that ship?
    * She holds off Thanos for a few seconds - could anyone else not do this???

That is basically all she does. Now I am not ragging on the character of Captain Marvel, I think she is a good "front man" so to speak moving forward for the next phase of the MCU, I just don't see the point of introducing a new character and shoe horning in yet another character at the end of the phase - it was just bad.

I thought everyone else had just endings. Sad about Iron Man and Black Widow, but I guess you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. I was very happy with Captain America's ending - very deserving!

Overall very good.

I agree with all of this. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Perfect ending for Tony Stark. I always hated iron man in every mcu movie; he was by far my worst favorite. Endgame not only made me feel for him, it made me really like him. I was disappointed with the movie at first, and I had no idea why, but after watching it four times it got more and more enjoyable.
  • As touching as Tony's ending was, I was surprised that the guy didn't make or didn't foresee a way to reroute the power of the stones, unless I'm misunderstanding how they truly work at the moment of the snap. My only beef with Captain Marvel, where was she during the most epic battle of all time? I want to know what was more important than saving the universe. Maybe a space kitten was in a tree?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I think End Game wrapped everything up perfectly.

Although I have heard Spiderman Far From Home is very good, this next phase looks like the MCU is going to tank.

It just doesn't have the classic cast of heroes keeping it afloat anymore and now we are seeing the likes of Lady Thor coming into play. When the comics went all SJW the sales tanked and marvel had to work hard to bring the comics back from near self destruction - what makes Disney think they can go the SJW route with the MCU?

Its done, and to be fair after End Game its a perfect time to "walk away" from the MCU, so that's what I am doing. Its been fun.
  • Boo wrote: »

Although I have heard Spiderman Far From Home is very good, this next phase looks like the MCU is going to tank.

It just doesn't have the classic cast of heroes keeping it afloat anymore and now we are seeing the likes of Lady Thor coming into play. When the comics went all SJW the sales tanked and marvel had to work hard to bring the comics back from near self destruction - what makes Disney think they can go the SJW route with the MCU?

Its done, and to be fair after End Game its a perfect time to "walk away" from the MCU, so that's what I am doing. Its been fun.

I’d agree. Looking at the next slate, there’s not much getting me excited except for the Falcon/Winter Soldier show. The Eternals? Meh. Dr. Strange? Cool but not one of my favs. I’ll definitely see most of not all of them, but coming of the high of Infinity War/Endgame it might take a while for another Marvel movie to truly satisfy. As a stand alone movie, Far From Home was really great, probably my fav Spider-Man movie so far, but as a part of the universe there’s this weird feeling watching it knowing Cap and Stark aren’t around anymore.
  • Boo wrote: »

Endgame was good and so was Far From Home.

Although Endgame caused a few issues with the timeline.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I agree Boo, the next phase looks dreary for me. There was this huge build up in phase 3 that I loved, and I think it will be the mcu’s peak. In five years I think I’ll only care about Spider-Man, the Guardians, and maybe Thor movies.

I’m fine with the “SJW” stuff (I just consider it as “modern”, or “representation”) but it seems to be that Marvel is struggling to create an exciting female lead. I’m not a huge fan of Captain Marvel, and most other female characters are just in supporting roles. Hopefully Natalie Portman can fill that hole, or maybe Scarlett Witch will be more important. Or hopefully Wasp.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    I doubt Lucasfilm will be able to top off or even be close to endgame.

Luke skywalker looks like a young jack black
    I agree Boo, the next phase looks dreary for me. There was this huge build up in phase 3 that I loved, and I think it will be the mcu’s peak. In five years I think I’ll only care about Spider-Man, the Guardians, and maybe Thor movies.

I’m fine with the “SJW” stuff (I just consider it as “modern”, or “representation”) but it seems to be that Marvel is struggling to create an exciting female lead. I’m not a huge fan of Captain Marvel, and most other female characters are just in supporting roles. Hopefully Natalie Portman can fill that hole, or maybe Scarlett Witch will be more important. Or hopefully Wasp.

Black Widow will have her chance. She is one of my favs and I can't wait to see it!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Black Widow will have her chance. She is one of my favs and I can't wait to see it!

I hope so! Her exit in endgame was abrupt for a character of her caliber. I was hoping for a mini-funeral.

I hope so! Her exit in endgame was abrupt for a character of her caliber. I was hoping for a mini-funeral.

Tony casts a big shadow, plus Black Widow is more of a shadow warrior. A tribute would've been nice though.