Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• GA matchmaking is so screwed - it used to be my favourite bit of the game and now I don't stand a chance. I'm getting constantly match with folk with far stronger rosters, much better mods more higher geared toons. Long story short something with the potential to be great has been made awful
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Moridin82 wrote: »
    GA matchmaking is so screwed - it used to be my favourite bit of the game and now I don't stand a chance. I'm getting constantly match with folk with far stronger rosters, much better mods more higher geared toons. Long story short something with the potential to be great has been made awful

Have you been doing well? I noticed it's been getting harder every time I get first. Feel like that's the whole point of a championship tho 😆
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    GA matchmaking is so screwed - it used to be my favourite bit of the game and now I don't stand a chance. I'm getting constantly match with folk with far stronger rosters, much better mods more higher geared toons. Long story short something with the potential to be great has been made awful

Have you been doing well? I noticed it's been getting harder every time I get first. Feel like that's the whole point of a championship tho 😆

Does the current standings in your coincide with that? My league is once again tough in some spots, but rankings are all over the place which again makes me think there's nothing in MM that uses them....Maybe constrains to same league as in aerodium...but then who isn't there? xD
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

Does the current standings in your coincide with that? My league is once again tough in some spots, but rankings are all over the place which again makes me think there's nothing in MM that uses them....Maybe constrains to same league as in aerodium...but then who isn't there? xD

No, I'm saying that each round seems harder than the last, especially if you perform well in the previous. I've yet to face anyone below my total gp, I'm fighting uphill battles every GA, and the curve keeps getting steeper each time.
  • Gannon wrote: »

Not doing well at all - I know GP is fairly irrelevant but in my current match up I'm nearly 500k behind my opponent and they have 5 g13 toons (DR, Badstilla, Sith Marauder are some of them) I have none and they have way more 20+speed mods and more of the legendary characters and full squads to go with them eg Padme, GG and a full g12 Traya based squad. They put their DR squad on D and they've won which is no strategy at all
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Straight up my bracket looks like 8 coin toss matchups.... Every single person in my bracket can possibly win with no automatic winner....

I have been waiting for this for MONTHS....since original GA hit...... it's unreal that it has happend.

not sure if it's a product of their matchmaking process...or just dumb luck and it still stinks...

but is sure looks better from here.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you got lucky. In my current bracket there is one player with 13 g13 toons. There is another with 2 and one with 3. Also, they guy with 13 has a full g13 Geo squad (with zBA at g13 as well), a full DR/Malak team, and a full g13 GG team with all g12 droids. In the same bracket are players that don't have a single g12 geo. And some don't B1 or Droideka higher than 5*. And 4 of those don't have Malak either.

From my perspective, this round is actually worse than the others. My guess is that there is no "correction" - it's just a series of independent GA rounds.

So, if the goal of GAC is to hand easy wins round after round to those who splurged for the most recent meta toons, than it's WAI.

If it is supposed to create more even matches as the GAC goes on, putting players with similar rosters and similar win rates in the same brakcets....yeh, no. That's not happening at all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Exnilox
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Where is the balance between 37Zetas vs 23zetas, and 36G12 with some of them almost G13 vs 17half G12. I think this match is unwinnable, for more than devs are trying to sell us that they match us with similat toons. You can never beat that missbalance between toons. he can beat all my toons with 3 squads. and when i say all is all.
  • Facing almost the exact same teams as the first week of GAC. So much fun!!!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    So consensus on forum is the “correction” that says better ppl get harder matches and constant losers get easier matches was a CG lie ? Good to know

Not like never lied to us before lol
  • Lordih wrote: »
    which eight chars can disassemble each team alone without loss of protection or life? That one really always reaches the maximum of 64 points is unrealistic. in reality 56 are the real ones. and 120 is what's in the info window.ua6k9jhxykb8.jpeg
    You should consider the "+ 30 Banner pro Defensivslot". That's the 180 we're talking about.
  • Exnilox wrote: »
    Where is the balance between 37Zetas vs 23zetas, and 36G12 with some of them almost G13 vs 17half G12. I think this match is unwinnable, for more than devs are trying to sell us that they match us with similat toons. You can never beat that missbalance between toons. he can beat all my toons with 3 squads. and when i say all is all.

This is the most ridiculous idea in this game with GA 3 and Bonus TW. Just a non sens. I decided to stop playing this mode. Now I put all my good team in def and I don't play offense. Fantastic for ... a game ...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So consensus on forum is the “correction” that says better ppl get harder matches and constant losers get easier matches was a CG lie ? Good to know

To be fair, I don't think they ever said that. I think many of us assumed that's how it would go, since...well, you know, that would make sense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

To be fair, I don't think they ever said that. I think many of us assumed that's how it would go, since...well, you know, that would make sense.

good point I swear i read a dev post about that.... gonna go look but if i can't find it i will agree with you..

but that's pathetic if it's not... then it's just a handout to the gods winnin their 12 collecting the rewards....

(that's fine if GAC purpose is handout to god team players) but they did say LET'S FIND OUT WHO THE BEST IS....

you will never know cause from the looks of it by now undefeated;s should only be playing undefeated people. and same next round..should be god vs god to earn title of the best...

not god team players just running over squish chantin "i'm the best look at my leaderboard rank" when all they ever fought was garbage people in matches that were unlosable
  • GA matchmaking is beyond offensive. I'm still being matched with players that have 700k more than me and I'm getting creampied first round. CG you ruined GA! Hope all players with 700k are having fun wiping me off the bottom of their shoes in the first round
  • I’ve been tracking each GAC rounds since it has switched. And much like many of you, I have been matched up with players out ranking me.

In GA I did really well and was constantly competing for 1st. Then with the change I’ve won 1 phase in a GAC. Even when players I’ve faced are moderately more powerful than me, 200K character power more and 6 zetas gives them 2 more full squads on me.

The worst match up I’ve had the player beat me in character power by 500K and 14 zetas. That’s incredibly unfair. But somehow we had the same Top 80 GP? Which some of my shard and guild mates said was their new measuring tool. This is way out of kilter.

Story of the game. If you’re not a whale and maxing out, you can’t compete. It leaves us with lesser rewards, which just furthers the gap that whales run away with. It shouldn’t be too much to ask that there is a better system for match making. I know things will never be perfect, but this current system is extremely broken.
  • Hi Team,

Next Arena..... :'(

unfortunately again one million stronger players. And again I am Division 4 and they are Division 3. I am like at the shooting range and I lure to others as a light source of points. Holtd don't pay so much. No arena with me from now on. To make an **** more soilless, not by chance.

Thank you and hope someone will start thinking about development!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I agree. I enjoyed GA. GAC stinks. MM algorithim is horrid, rewards are weak, feats are random silliness (some not even related to GAC), leagues and divisions are pointless delineations, and scoring is as buggy as a summer picnic. The entire experience is one of the most disappointing game modes introduced (yes, worse than tournaments) and a terrible missed opportunity.

• GA is garbage, stop pairing me with teams who wipe the floor with my toons, there really needs to be a better way to set up who you fight against, maybe pay to play vs pay to play and non payers can battle other non payers?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    GA is garbage, stop pairing me with teams who wipe the floor with my toons, there really needs to be a better way to set up who you fight against, maybe pay to play vs pay to play and non payers can battle other non payers?
    Just because someone has some things you don't doesn't make them a whale.
    Still not a he.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    GA is garbage, stop pairing me with teams who wipe the floor with my toons, there really needs to be a better way to set up who you fight against, maybe pay to play vs pay to play and non payers can battle other non payers?
    Just because someone has some things you don't doesn't make them a whale.

Where did he use the term whale? And he also didn't say anything about the opponent having teams or things he doesn't - at least not in the post you quoted.

I understand some people want to defend the matchmaking, but can we at least agree not to beat up so many straw people? lol

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    GA matchmaking is beyond offensive. I'm still being matched with players that have 700k more than me and I'm getting creampied first round. CG you ruined GA! Hope all players with 700k are having fun wiping me off the bottom of their shoes in the first round

lol that's how I felt 2 months ago losing every match to gods.... at least it's "more" fair now
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

nope cause i have spend a ton of money on this game but all in the wrong places putting me up against people who spent the same amount of money would be putting people in instant loss matches...

say i spend a fortune early in game have all G12 that suck now and new people who spent same amount of money have all the stupid dumb OP god teams...

No way.... matchmaking is fine the way it is now...it's way better that the insta losses I got from regular GA
  • А реально открыть сревана тока бастой? У меня на ВА читер похоже. Может кто объяснить? Ник ОТ discord 8836
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Where did he use the term whale? And he also didn't say anything about the opponent having teams or things he doesn't - at least not in the post you quoted.

I understand some people want to defend the matchmaking, but can we at least agree not to beat up so many straw people? lol
    That's pedantry and you know it.

The post I quoted boils down to...

"I am matched with people stronger than me. This can be fixed by matching paying players to paying players and non-paying players to non-paying players."

First, drawing the line between paying and non-paying players is in no uncertain terms making it a whale/F2P issue, regardless of whether or not the word "whale" is used. And the obvious connecting throughline is a presumption that they're losing not because of what they built or their strategy, but because their opponents paid for advantage. Which is not a reasonable presumption.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    I agree. I enjoyed GA. GAC stinks. MM algorithim is horrid, rewards are weak, feats are random silliness (some not even related to GAC), leagues and divisions are pointless delineations, and scoring is as buggy as a summer picnic. The entire experience is one of the most disappointing game modes introduced (yes, worse than tournaments) and a terrible missed opportunity.

What would you do diffreently ????

GAC seems great except for the rewards being terrible for a months work... I mean lola bad....

Cross division play helps lower people does it not..giving them extra areas to take for more points....still at matchup on top toons...

feats outside of GAC are fine if people can even accomplish them... gives lower level people a chance to make chromium even if losing every match

maybe i like it cause i'm not losing 3 in a row for months on hand.... I dont' know.... except for rewards sucking hard....what would you do differently ?????????
  • Wildcat
    430 posts Member
    In every series of CGA, I've been matched with people having 2 to 4 x more g13 than me.
    Last round it was 5 vs 17, this round 5 vs 23... So frustrating.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Wildcat wrote: »
    In every series of CGA, I've been matched with people having 2 to 4 x more g13 than me.
    Last round it was 5 vs 17, this round 5 vs 23... So frustrating.

That's also because the amount high spenders have is growing, noone had that many before, now they are becoming numerous...and 23 g13 is merely a 4k pertinent gp bump. So possible g13 disrepancy will only grow over time if they don't consider this. They either need to adjust to worth of g13ing bump very significantly...as in 10x of what it is right now, or they need to weight based on amounts of g13. I'm not even surprised as this was self evident as soon as people has showcased g13ing is worth 200 gp.
  • Agree 100% with this comment below. Once again I am matched with people 300-700k more GP. I don’t have Malak so anyone I am matched with who has Malak just puts him on defense and the match is over. It is ridiculous that 1 toon can make this much of an impact. I used to love GA but GAC are now my least favorite mode in the game.

I enjoyed GA. GAC stinks. MM algorithim is horrid, rewards are weak, feats are random silliness (some not even related to GAC), leagues and divisions are pointless delineations, and scoring is as buggy as a summer picnic. The entire experience is one of the most disappointing game modes introduced (yes, worse than tournaments) and a terrible missed opportunity.
  • Hi guys,

I was very excited about this new GAC. But I didnt expected this matchmaking. First week I was like, wow it's impossible. I'm 1.8k GP and the first one is 3M. How am I suppose to play ?
    I thought it was a bug but second week is the same. And third is even worse...

During 3 weeks I had been the lowest GP player. This is explained cause I got Revan and Drevan. But GAC is an arena where you have to play 10 teams (5 def and 5 attacks). I got only 4 ok teams while my opponents can use around double or triple.
    I started to play 2 years ago, and I focus my farming on meta to be able to fight versus bigger player than me. So because I'm playing meta, I'm meeting much stronger players than me.

GP is the best way to know when a player started the game and dat's why the matchmaking should care about that.

That's why I decided to uninstall this unfair and unbalanced game. I spent a good time on SWGOH but this is becoming an other **** PTW game