We need more malaks

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    op has the right to ask. Why are you guys bothered about him asking? If you don't like it, ignore it. Common sense.

They have never communicated about the first return of an event, and have stated they wouldnt (when pertaining to events covered by the release cadence) until the event is coming. Shouldnt it be common sense to not ask?
    OP- the first and second run of events are closely guarded secrets that they will only hint to, on occasion. They do this to generally keep people off their game and catch them by surprise. This has nothing to do with a lack of communication, it is just the general practice when dealing with this topic.

First of all lack of Communication is across all boards,not just malak,but malak is the biggest thing to gain attention,this is why i didnt start one wanting back the hard nodes to 8 for example.

That's also not a communication issue. It's just a thing that you want. They communicated that it was a temporary change, and then they communicated when they changed it back. The fact that people don't like their decision doesn't mean they are somehow entitled to demand additional communication about it. Much like the Malak event, there isn't actually anything else for them to say. How many times, exactly, do you need them to return to the forum to say "no"?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The problem with your post is that people HAVE been waiting. They have been waiting for more than 3 months. When is it going to be enough? How long are people supposed to wait to get some answers? Do you not understand the importance of communication?

The reason there's so many "where's Darth Malak?" threads is a direct result of the lack of communication from the developers. They see the threads but don't do anything to rectify it.

The problem isn't people asking, it's CG being silent and keeping people in the dark.
    And those people have been waiting less than four months.

When is it going to be long enough? When it's long enough. Yoda was 35 days to the second running. CLS was 140 days. In either case, the second running was not announced until it was time to announce it.

This is a new event type. What's its cycle? We do not know, because it is not time for us to know yet. And that's fine.

The most analogous time frame we have is "roughly 3-4 months." It does not necessarily apply to this event, but it is the best we have at this time. And we're not past four months yet, let alone the wiggle room supplied by "roughly." It's a month too soon for outrage to even start, yet the outrage started a month ago, two weeks after Devan 2 and before we were even in that "roughly 3-4 months" window.

CG does far more communication than most freemium mobile games. Then the fanbase turns around and says they don't communicate because there is additional information at the edge of the communication that aren't ready for release yet. But that is not a failure of communication. That is the fanbase's voracious desire to know everything immediately if not sooner. That is a desire nobody can meet, and which CG is not obligated to.

These many, many Malak threads are not the result of a lack of communication. You have all of the information that you should have at this point. What you are asking for is literally nothing. Rather, you are being a brat, and blaming CG for your own brattiness for not humoring you.

The "rectifying" due to the spamming of Malak threads is in progress. They're being deleted by the dozen on both this forum and on Reddit as the spam that it is, because that's all it is at this point.

Your post contains so much CG *** kissing that I cannot take you seriously anymore. You lost all credibility.

What happened to “being the better person?”

I'm sorry that you don't like honesty.

The truth is that you exposed your hypocrisy; if anyone can ask anything, why can’t anyone respond with anything?

Because there is no right or wrong question. But there is a right and wrong answer.

It's pretty sad that I have to explain something so simple to you.

It’s an Internet forum. Like I said, anyone can ask or respond with anything as long as it fits the forum guidelines; and Malak threads are now being considered “spam”, which means stop creating new threads, and post in one of the 300 threads that came before it.

I’m not gonna tell you that it’s “sad” that I have to explain this to you, because I’m trying to be the better person. I would just hope, for your credibility’s sake, that you follow your own rule in the future.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    op has the right to ask. Why are you guys bothered about him asking? If you don't like it, ignore it. Common sense.

They have never communicated about the first return of an event, and have stated they wouldnt (when pertaining to events covered by the release cadence) until the event is coming. Shouldnt it be common sense to not ask?
    Well if that was common knowledge then you'd be right. I wasn't aware of that and I didn't see anyone else mention it here.

I'm sure there's plenty of other people on here that didn't know that either.
    Inside of the studio we have a concept of “New” events and “Legacy” events. This applies to all matter of event types for us – Assault Battles, Fleet Mastery, Omega Battles, etc.
    • Legendary and Mythic events are considered New the first and second times that they appear to the player base.
    • For a New Legendary or Mythic event we will be providing players at least one week of advanced notice that the event is coming. This notice will come in the Developer Announcement section of our forums. Our intent with this strategy is twofold:
      • First, we believe that there is a tremendous amount of excitement when a Legendary or Mythic is first announced and we want to preserve that ability to surprise our players.
      • Second, in the initial two runs of the events, we believe players that have invested widely and made preparation for the event should be rewarded for their diligence.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018

Foes this directly apply, not quite, but they are describing how they view things of this nature and it is easy enough to pull from that they will keep them a surprise.

Please go back a few malak post, this has been mentioned several times, people have just given up at this point in saying they will not announce this.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Probably bc he can’t get malak so it literally doesn’t matter to him?

And that means he can't ask...how?

Can’t?

You're criticizing him for asking but you fail to provide a decent argument as to why he shouldn't have asked or cannot ask.

Probably bc he can’t get malak so it literally doesn’t matter to him?

?

And I go back to my point...how does that change the fact that he can ask?

Sigh. Anyone can ask anything. We have 1500 where’s malak posts, op can’t get malak, so...

And there it is.

Maybe you should take that into consideration before jumping down someone's throat for asking a question.

Be a better person.

I jumped down someone’s throat?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Brubrneerrrrrrrrr

We got fried malak, baked malak, steamed malak, smoked malak, broiled malak, BOILED malak......

We got red malak, blue malak green malak, orange malak

Bubba ENOUGH wit de malaks !!!!!!

Roasted malak, toasted malak, microwaved malak, op malak, paper malak, clean malak, dirty malak......

BUBBA!!!!!!
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

OP- the first and second run of events are closely guarded secrets that they will only hint to, on occasion. They do this to generally keep people off their game and catch them by surprise. This has nothing to do with a lack of communication, it is just the general practice when dealing with this topic.

First of all lack of Communication is across all boards,not just malak,but malak is the biggest thing to gain attention,this is why i didnt start one wanting back the hard nodes to 8 for example.

That's also not a communication issue. It's just a thing that you want. They communicated that it was a temporary change, and then they communicated when they changed it back. The fact that people don't like their decision doesn't mean they are somehow entitled to demand additional communication about it. Much like the Malak event, there isn't actually anything else for them to say. How many times, exactly, do you need them to return to the forum to say "no"?

Like i said,since we are paying customers we can demand things to change,maybe not me,but others WHO paid to get darth revan and are stuck now needing malak desperately to finish their team.

If you dont like something,voice your opinion,stop being content with a small bone others throw at you,i wish ppl stopped spending in this game,i bet you my kingdom we would get malak the next day,couse they would be forced to actually listen to what ppl want in this game.In healthy games devs listen to community feedback,i cba to go and check what games,but ok lets say dragalia lost when it released,they listened and made quality of life improvements to the game not even after a month passed.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Like i said,since we are paying customers we can demand things to change,maybe not me,but others WHO paid to get darth revan and are stuck now needing malak desperately to finish their team.

If you dont like something,voice your opinion,stop being content with a small bone others throw at you,i wish ppl stopped spending in this game,i bet you my kingdom we would get malak the next day,couse they would be forced to actually listen to what ppl want in this game.In healthy games devs listen to community feedback,i cba to go and check what games,but ok lets say dragalia lost when it released,they listened and made quality of life improvements to the game not even after a month passed.

EA’s tactics are very clever. They involve listening to the money, and not the forums.

People were convinced that they had to pay for Malak for an advantage; however, not many people trusted that it would pay off, when considering recent metas, especially when you still have to farm the last two stars. Making Malak exclusive for a long time, while maintaining the idea that his worth is through the roof means that when the next game breaking character comes, many many people are gonna pay many many moneys for it because they know that it’s very worth it.

They don’t need to communicate the return of Malak because they don’t care. They will many an extra whale by the time they break the game again.
  • Options
    I personally hope Malak does not return till like ...September.

I don’t have him.
    And I don’t need him to take 1st in arena daily and beat 340+ speed Malak and DR.

So, go ahead. Enjoy your vacation Malak
  • Options
    o12z5o9bn76b.jpeg
  • Options
    OP you’ll find little support on this forum.

It’s all petty keyboard warriors with “get good” attitudes who slam down any kind of complaint or any minor criticism of EA or CG.

Try reddit for honesty.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You just keep missing the whole point,i dont want exact date,day-time,hrs,minute,seconds,i want them to acknowledge that some ppl want something and stop being ignored alltogether.

Just becouse they said something doesnt mean it'll stay the same,one good example of it,like the supposed compensation we would get,so ofc i wont believe them 100% when they say something.
    Do you think being ignored helps or just makes it worse?Its not my fault they dont listen to the community.I personally choose not to believe them anymore.
    I'm not missing the point.

There isn't a point.

You say you don't want a date and time. What do you want, for them to come into this ridiculous barrage of, "Where's Malak where's Malak where's Malak?" threads that have been going on for literally a month and say, "Noted?" To say literally nothing except establish a presence in these many, many threads? Then what? Maybe things calm down in one thread for one day, and it's back to full?

You're not being ignored. You are not saying anything that warrants a response. Any response.

Malak will come back. We both know this. Malak will come back at some date and time. Not only do we both know this, you say you aren't asking for it. They are not going to announce that date and time until it's time for the announcement. We both also know this. And these, "Where's Malak?" threads have been raging for literally a month. They obviously know people are anxious for Malak.

You know all of the things they could possibly tell them. You are asking for nothing. You have no point. You are not being ignored; you are saying nothing that warrants response. You're just petulantly demanding attention from the content creators over your personal outrage for no reason other than your own gratification. And personal response over questions to which there is no information to give at this time is not a reasonable expectation.

Just. Wait.

The problem with your post is that people HAVE been waiting. They have been waiting for more than 3 months. When is it going to be enough? How long are people supposed to wait to get some answers? Do you not understand the importance of communication?

The reason there's so many "where's Darth Malak?" threads is a direct result of the lack of communication from the developers. They see the threads but don't do anything to rectify it.

The problem isn't people asking, it's CG being silent and keeping people in the dark.

You realize that Malak was the first Mythic event of it's kind, right ? And that CG stated that these events would be a lot rarer.

You also have to understand that they'll irritate a lot of their big spenders if they bring him back too soon. That's one of the main reasons they've been holding off (that and new Geo TB platoons). When he first was released noone expectd that you'd only be able unlock him at 5 star and that you would require an obscene amount of GE points to get him to 7 star. They know that everyone and their mother has been hoarding GE points since then and that if they bring him back too soon then there will instantly be an obscene amount of 7 star Malaks. Which wouldn't be fair to those who spent on him, those who were taken by surprise on how to 7 star him and who waited months while farming GE to get him to 7 stars. How would it be fair to those ppl or to the f2p who farmed and hoarded in order to unlock him 1st time around and who then had to wait months to make him truly viable?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Well CG never, i repeat, never announced such events on the 2nd appearance beforehand, CG also stated once, that such events will not be communicated beforehand for the first 2 appearances.
    The reason for the "delay" (which is not delayed, because no one commited to a date) is obvious, the paying customer/player base, who spent money to get him the first time (i'm not :) ).
    Now immagine you spent 300.- to get Malak the 1st time (or more), and after 3 months a lot of other players get him also without spending 1 cent.
    Why would you be willed to spend again seriuos money for future events/chars?
    Like this CG gives some more value to the money those player spent for Malak, and will encourage them to do the same naxt time, got it? ;)

I spent but apparently not enough, spent more afterwards to be ready. They certainly aren't encouraging me by taking this long.

Obviously not. They are encouraging people who spent to spend more. It’s been working for them.
  • Options

It’s all petty keyboard warriors with “get good” attitudes who slam down any kind of complaint or any minor criticism of EA or CG.

Try reddit for honesty.

Support for what? complaining about something? There is one thing that CG can say and that's when malak is returning. Which will make all these posts more pointless than they already are
  • Options

Try reddit for honesty.

I was on reddit for quiet a while before i came here,where ppl also ask for advice and if i feel i can answer something i do so.

I dont need any support,but thx for saying it.

• Options

EA’s tactics are very clever. They involve listening to the money, and not the forums.

People were convinced that they had to pay for Malak for an advantage; however, not many people trusted that it would pay off, when considering recent metas, especially when you still have to farm the last two stars. Making Malak exclusive for a long time, while maintaining the idea that his worth is through the roof means that when the next game breaking character comes, many many people are gonna pay many many moneys for it because they know that it’s very worth it.

They don’t need to communicate the return of Malak because they don’t care. They will many an extra whale by the time they break the game again.

The tactics are very dumb if you ask me,by the time malak comes again everyone will be ready to 7 star him without spending a dime,i started going for revans couple weeks ago,i guess i'll be ready for malak when they release him again,easy life as f2p.
  • Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    So you want them to say something like we:
    We can’t comment when an event will come next till we decide the date

There should be a cadence to where they already know the next date. It's been 107 days. They need to say something soon or they're going to lose more players. With recent changes to ga and waiting for these toons to return I may not be around much longer.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »

Common sense would be not posting the same topic where multiple threads already exist. In fact they are being closed for that reason. #Commonsense

Threads would stop popping up if they'd tell us when it's coming back. Its absurd how long its been
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

The tactics are very dumb if you ask me,by the time malak comes again everyone will be ready to 7 star him without spending a dime,i started going for revans couple weeks ago,i guess i'll be ready for malak when they release him again,easy life as f2p.

It’s not about Malak anymore, like I said, they don’t care about him. But they are about to make trillions on the next abrupt meta breaking toon because of this exclusivity period.

Listen, I’m not on either side. Malak coming back soon would be okay with me, I’m just pointing out that waiting this long for Malaks return is very beneficial to CG.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »

Common sense would be not posting the same topic where multiple threads already exist. In fact they are being closed for that reason. #Commonsense

Threads would stop popping up if they'd tell us when it's coming back. Its absurd how long its been

They never unveil first returns. Not even Padmé will be announced. Heck, Malak is new so they might choose to bring him back once a year, and never announce his return. They haven’t set the rules for this event, so they can do what they please.

And like I said above, they won’t lose players that pay. They will actually gain more. I will admit that they are locking down their paying players and F2P are balancing on thin ice, but the gap isn’t large. Malak does have some counters, and that is what CG is relying on to keep F2P around. Is it working, well, no one knows yet. We’ll just have to see what happens.
  • Options

The point is that the next time CG drops a no-notice, high-walled event, people are going to be more loathe to miss it, because of the power level and extended exclusivity of Malak, and therefore will be more likely to spend for it.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Forget Malak if you don't have revan.
    Another pointless post...

Asking for answers is never pointless
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    So you want them to say something like we:
    We can’t comment when an event will come next till we decide the date

Better than nothing
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Hey @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_TopHat give us some type of communication here. This is getting ridiculous. It’s okay to communicate with your player base....it really is. In fact, I bet it would encourage more spending. Because at this point, I’ve completely closed off my wallet to anyone new. I got burned on Malak, so I won’t make the mistake again spending to get a toon (Drevan) only to see him become irrelevant for this extended amount of time. COMMUNICATE. Please.

Nice try.

They don’t need to communicate about this issue. It’s not going to harm their income, because the people who spent to get Malak and people considering it last time will all spend on the next big toon, no matter how abrupt the event comes, because of this long period of exclusivity.

Not true it will indeed hurt their income as there are those willing to spend now
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    o12z5o9bn76b.jpeg
    r4ce769penyb.png
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    o12z5o9bn76b.jpeg
    r4ce769penyb.png

So, Han Solo is really Malak? That explains the chin scar!!!
  • Options
    What is wrong with Malak ?
  • Options
    What is wrong with Malak ?
    A small cabal of nincompoops seem unable to go more than 24 hours without creating a thread asking when he will return.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I whaled Malak last time and then it took me another 1 and half month to get him to 7* so I am really grateful that there is larger gap than usual before he returns. Dont forget that everyone who gets him now has huge advantage becouse they can get him to 7* immediately unless they change the event to only unlock the shards for example.