The Road Ahead - 7/29/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Am I the only one reading the new Road Ahead who is thinking that the Light Side GEOTB is going to have a battle with a Reek (similar to how we have the current Ackley battle in Dark Side) which will require Padme, Anakin, and GK?? Or am I reading too much into that mention of 'reeks'??
  • jbs2886
    145 posts Member
    "Benevolence" is an obvious hint that's been given (and revealed) previously.

Now for "scavenge" and "reeks" in reference to LS Clone Wars content...🤔

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Reek

Just the Aklay battle for LS.

• I play this game for the collecting, what I am hoping for is a mass dump of upwards of 30 new characters, dropped all over in different farm locations and or stores. Then we get to play and figure out the best ones.

The new kit sounds good but if we have to pay crystals or if it is ball ache to farm I can see more players sacking it.
  • _AC_
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Is this a joke? No it has to be a joke, the road ahead is coming just wait guys, it's coming don't worry.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I'm just wondering if they can truly come up with enough iconic items for each character in the game. I mean what are you going to give the Jawas? Are you going to give them all Iconic Utini's or Iconic Burned Alive?

• Progressing items doesn’t sound fun. Sounds like one more grind to add to the already grind heavy game. Sorry devs, this isn’t exciting. Not in the least bit.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    The only thing this road ahead left me with was a huge concern about how bad this “iconic items” feature will be for the game. Really not needed.
  • This new weapon thing sounds sketchy and comes WAY too early. People barely started working on their g13...

How about new events/game modes different to what we already have in the game, like a sandbox mode?
    How about some QoL updates to make the gaming experience smoother and less time consuming?
    How about fixing some bugs like freezing in raids/TBs/GAs, or adding more options for officers for guild management (like sorting guild members by GP, or participation/ticket data)?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Road ahead - more tolls. And nothing fun.
    I hope top hat is ok he sounded deflated.

in 4 years...this was like... did they just tell us there IS NO road ahead anymore...

clone rework.... new OP gear that's going to make the OP teams we cannot even DAMAGE anymore stronger...
    They needed to ensure god teams can't lose protection....have to make sure it's 63 every time in GAC or something...

This was mega mega depressing

A way to use stocked gear sounds cool...but as always 98% of the game won't be able do do it cause we won't have MSF Red stars or something that cost 300 bucks or 22 month farm like negotiator
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if they can truly come up with enough iconic items for each character in the game. I mean what are you going to give the Jawas? Are you going to give them all Iconic Utini's or Iconic Burned Alive?

You could give them a Sand Crawler, that'd make them more intimidating to battle, haha
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

You could give them a Sand Crawler, that'd make them more intimidating to battle, haha

Gonk Droid burning feet attack x10 upgraded to kahmehameha x100 for 4000 mk 4 stuns and 600 dollars

not trying to troll or be a ****...but PVE/Ships nothing...that is like the most worst possible road ahead ever.... I'M sure they have some epic stuff planned..but for me....it's just meh
  • "Benevolence" is an obvious hint that's been given (and revealed) previously.

“Scavenge” could be Hondo Ohnaka! “Reeks” is totally the Reek:)
  • Welp if this game really isn’t going anywhere.....
  • jbs2886 wrote: »

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Reek

Just the Aklay battle for LS.

Thanks! Hopefully the Nexu makes a surprise appearance. Hardly seems like LS content though except that it appears in the LS GeoTB.
  • Wow..... pretty lame
  • So the devs completely ignore numerous ideas from the community for features that would be fun and engaging and instead deliver an 'iconic items' feature which no one has ever requested and will undoubtedly be yet another paywall. This is the weakest Road Ahead to date.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

“Scavenge” could be Hondo Ohnaka! “Reeks” is totally the Reek:)

That would amazing and welcome.... I'm not feeling it tho
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    So you guys are introducing yet another progression paywall just weeks after G13 made all my G12s irrelevant.

Man you are relentless in attacking our wallets these days.
  • All this time to work out a clone trooper rework which we already had a good idea was coming, and the other half of a TB we knew would come eventually.

No ship content, no TW bonuses again, no hard GW again, no practice arena no new challenge tiers..

Instead more character gear needed (no one wanted) sound and who cares about ships I guess.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Robchee5e wrote: »
    So the devs completely ignore numerous ideas from the community for features that would be fun and engaging and instead deliver an 'iconic items' feature which no one has ever requested and will undoubtedly be yet another paywall. This is the weakest Road Ahead to date.

Let's remember this has been planned for months and was set in stone for a bit back.... let's not abuse tophat for trying to make the mundane and scary look like unicorns and rainbows.

I do wonder how many Road Aheads will be carrievision till it transfers over to unknowndude/dudettevison
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Reek = the Rhino thing from geo arena (LS counterpart of Acklay)
    Scavenge = obvious jawa rework for our heroes that joined the clones on their battle against the CIS scum
    robuod3j7z45.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Okay TopHat, very funny. Now where’s the real RA?
  • Mikayas
    94 posts Member
    Hey @CG_TopHat , I’d like to extend some cordial and constructive feedback if you’d be so kind as to grant me a moment of your time. First and foremost, thank you for your eloquently worded Road ahead post. It’s more impactful than you know to read a well-written and carefully grammatically honed post versus a sloppy rushed message.

Second, regarding the new grind you are adding to the game in the form of powerful iconic weapons, my major concern is the rift it will cause between longer-time players and more recently started accounts. Even the current differences among 4yr, 3yr, 2yr, and 1yr players are pronounced and palpable in GAC. The age of an account is easily estimated by completed GW battles in a player’s stats, and many friends of mine and myself are frequently matched with players with 2 years older accounts. That’s 2 more years worth of mod farming opportunity and roster depth building. Even if our character rosters were identical, the mod difference would be palpable in many cases.

The introduction of items that can be leveled up with stored gear will instantly disproportionately favor older accounts in yet another metric. I implore you to factor in account age in GAC matchmaking, especially if you add this disproportionate effective power increase to older accounts.

Thank you for your time.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Item Progression... are they serious? Vader's Mask, Rey's Stick, Yoda's Cane had no specific powers themselves they were just inanimate objects or simple tools and trying to progress these tools sounds like a paywall grind just for the sake of adding a grind... definitely a thumbs down to this idea.

If CG wants to add more grinds then LS-GEO TB and more Raids should be the path taken, because it is actual playable content.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Worst road ahead so far.
  • I am looking forward to having CLS equip the green lightsaber and become Jedi Knight Luke, and finally equipping Darth Vader’s iconic helmet as opposed to his every day, non-dress uniform helmet. I wonder if the Tuskin will equip gaffi sticks and the skins of their victims?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Finally, what if these items not only granted you immense character power, including potentially brand-new abilities, but if they were also enhanced using the massive quantities of accumulated unspent gear and materials that longtime players have piled up over years of collecting and playing?

A new ability like a special or a unique that can be upgraded using gear instead of ability mats and credits and omegas

Maybe it will require gear and omega and zetas to upgrade which they chose not to mention

It sounds like payout mechanic of Bounty Hunters added to all characters but the item is a prerequisite of unlocking the ability rather than gear level
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    You know where Savage found Maul? On a garbage planet full of scavengers. Yeah, a bit of a stretch, but one can hope...
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    in my opinion, this new iconic gear aspect sounds like it could be something like a new ability rather then normal gear, as in its an extra item to gear up that can help make you stronger from the get go.
    like you get 54levels for it:
    first level cost- 300 mk 1 ability material and 200 mk 2 ability material
    second-300 mk 3 arakyd droid callers
    third- 300 mk 4 arakyd droid callers
    fourth- 300 mk 4 carbanties

and for each one you get some minor stat increases specific to their character. so in terms of Rey (scavenger) she would get more damage as you go up in levels, hermit yoda would get something like speed (very minor increase) or better healing with his basic.
    (all similar to how some characters have abilities [uniques] that increase their base stats like ashoka and jolee)
This discussion has been closed.