The Road Ahead - 7/29/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Great post.
    Will enjoy all 5 Han Solo's getting unique thing's. Trying that now seems like the panic button got hit, to keep old players as long as they can.
    Let's hope the new movie is good and will bring more player into the game and star wars. It's on JJ Abrams now

He'll just reshoot one of the old trilogy movies with lens flares, which one though, he has two to pick from xD
  • I dunno if anyone's said this yet, but:
    "The light side reeks of good content"

What's the bet we'll have to fight the Reek in LS Geo?
  • Wow, that was the most boring 'Road away' ever...

Maybe we can persuade Carrie to come back...

:#
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Great post.
    Will enjoy all 5 Han Solo's getting unique thing's. Trying that now seems like the panic button got hit, to keep old players as long as they can.
    Let's hope the new movie is good and will bring more player into the game and star wars. It's on JJ Abrams now

As well as Anakin’s lightsaber, there are 3 characters who use it...
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Wow, that was the most boring 'Road away' ever...

Please, no. I think it was she who prepared this. Top_hat just released it.
    So no, another reason for her to go.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Love to see some 501st action and the new items / abilities for every character. :)
  • Vinniarth wrote: »

No, wrong. Carrie is gone. TopHat is responsible.
    Read the original post again if there is any trouble in understanding the facts.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Read the original post again if there is any trouble in understanding the facts.

Nothing he says is contrary to that. It's quite possible everything in this road ahead is a product of Carrie's time...or are you saying they just came up with this stuff completely scrapping the 5 year plan and just made new stuff up in a week or so?

Anyway, I agree that it's the least promising road ahead we've seen yet. They prolly have much more in the bag, but they skipped a very important turning point where the community needed a vote of confidence. Many in the servers already perceived this as -the game has entered rip-off stage-.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

Dude, Carrie had left couple days ago 2 of them were weekend. Do you really think they he could do all of this just for a few days? Please. That’s not possible. It is carrie’s stuff for sure. You can even smell no creativity and money grabbing from it...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Nothing he says is contrary to that. It's quite possible everything in this road ahead is a product of Carrie's time...or are you saying they just came up with this stuff completely scrapping the 5 year plan and just made new stuff up in a week or so?

Anyway, I agree that it's the least promising road ahead we've seen yet. They prolly have much more in the bag, but they skipped a very important turning point where the community needed a vote of confidence. Many in the servers already perceived this as -the game has entered rip-off stage-.

To be fair, this road ahead does somewhat look like something thrown together in a week or so. Well, besides the stuff that we all knew was coming anyway.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

To be fair, this road ahead does somewhat look like something thrown together in a week or so. Well, besides the stuff that we all knew was coming anyway.

The thing itself is, just not what it contains (or doesn't contain but is in the plans).
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Great post.

When new player will see that they need years to joins end game they will leave game immediatly...
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    If you want to fight The Father, General Kenobi, Asoka, and Aniken will have to be g13, have Asoka’s lightsabers, Aniken’s... scar, and GK’s armor, PLUS the SUPER SPECIAL JEDI HOLOCRON FOR THE FACTION! Yay!

(You heard it here- faction based items of power are next after 7* mods)
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    Great post.

When new player will see that they need years to joins end game they will leave game immediatly...

New players aren't that whine then the forum expects...
    It's a grinding/collection game.
    You join, collect and have fun.
    People try and wanna make more out of it and end up complaining on the forum.
    One of the issues (unusable gear) gets fixed (or they try to) and maybe they move over all collectables, to make everything exchangeable and everything you farm worth something.
    They may get there or not.

and to collect you need to upgrade gear...
  • Just do another raid with ships phase like death star or something like that stop doing ****
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Great post.

New players aren't that whine then the forum expects...
    It's a grinding/collection game.
    You join, collect and have fun.
    People try and wanna make more out of it and end up complaining on the forum.
    One of the issues (unusable gear) gets fixed (or they try to) and maybe they move over all collectables, to make everything exchangeable and everything you farm worth something.
    They may get there or not.

and to collect you need to upgrade gear...

Thats progress... To motivate people to log in every day and collect stuff.
    Collecting, upgrading, collecting, upgrading... It's simple

yep but so long for new player
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    developMVP wrote: »
    Just do another raid with ships phase like death star or something like that stop doing ****

A raid with ship phase is (probably) coming, it was said in the last Q&A. It's just very early in development, so not something for this road ahead to cover. Remember that the road ahead usually only deals with the upcoming quarter.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Yes I am in complaining mood, but it's to help game because we want the game live a long time.
    if the game don't change to simplifie old content to help new player join sooner the end game, it will kill the game...
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes I am in complaining mood, but it's to help game because we want the game live a long time.
    if the game don't change to simplifie old content to help new player join sooner the end game, it will kill the game...

Nope, Progress is fine.
    The complaining that forums provides doesn't help anyone. It gets only annoying after some time...

Years progress to join end game for new player is fine? really
    I don't think game like clash of clan(royal), fornite, wow, Lol,... have so much player if to join end game a new player have to farm years and years
  • evoluza wrote: »

Nope, Progress is fine.
    The complaining that forums provides doesn't help anyone. It gets only annoying after some time...

The complaining in this case is 100% justified. CG essentially revealed another paywall and “content” (I use that word loosely here) we’ve all known was coming for awhile now. Not much optimism in that Road Ahead.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member

Nope, Progress is fine.

The complaining in this case is 100% justified. CG essentially revealed another paywall and “content” (I use that word loosely here) we’ve all known was coming for awhile now. Not much optimism in that Road Ahead.

Yes.
    And it become hard to replace old player who leave the game because new player will make years to join end game...
  • We have no idea what or how these iconic items will change the landscape of the game. It looks like it’s geared toward a player like myself that has been playing 3 and a half years and has accumulated a lot of worthless gear.

I should be excited about this but I find myself worried. All this time playing and I can’t see how my stack of mk4 carbs are going to help me.

I am hoping to be wrong. I’m guessing these pieces of gear and other worthless accumulated items may help in the start of these items but to make them worthwhile I can’t see cg/ea not include guns or a g13 necessity.

Even though I will certainly miss Carrie, the motto of her tenure here has been - be careful what you wish for.

We ll see how it goes. Kudos to them for listening to the player base and attempting a fix for something we have long complained about.
This discussion has been closed.