The Road Ahead - 7/29/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Was listening to Urza’s stream this morning and he said something that made me rather upset. He said that he was about to go nuclear on CG because of the lackluster RA, but didn’t because CG reached out to the former GC’s and I guess gave them more info, which calmed urza’s inner sarlac. The problem I have is why can’t we get this info as well. Why can’t the RA have the info to calm all of our inner sarlac’s?? They should release this info so we can have some hope about the future. Not in the coming weeks/months, now. This game is in a bad spot and they can turn it around.
  • Y'all need to take a breath. You keep saying things like "the ship is sinking," "titanic," "this game will end soon," etc. Just for fun, do a forum search for "kill the game" (quotation marks included) and you will find 46 pages of predicted doom and gloom that run all the way back to December 2015, one month after the game launched. It seems the game has been dying since it was born.
  • Gruny
    12 posts Member
    I want Porkin's Flight Suit, so roomy. Barely used. Now with Velcro, for all your loosening up.
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    The Iconic Power items sounds like a terrible idea. Can we PLEASE just have more game modes to use the characters that don't result in playing Revan squads over and over again? This game is supposed to be fun.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    There's no road ahead, cool. Just vague plans and already expect light side counterpart of geo tb.
    Yeah. No QOL updates. Just nothing until end of October

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202851/update-on-recent-characters#latest

Also, would be nice to let us know ahead in time what toons are getting reworked at the start of month like it was promised instead of suddenly dropping them like the geo rework

I think you really nailed it... QoL is what the game needs! An update for the playerbase!
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Lol. Well i kinda felt bad that i was gonna miss out since im not gonna upgrade my phone, but thats alleviated.

Ill tell you guys (CG) the same thing im telling Nintendo. If you want me to shell out to buy new hardware to play your games youll need to hype me. Zero hype acquired. Same deal with pokemon (another collecting game). Every announcement is underwhelming lameness. Really the LS equivilant of the new DS TW is coming ... shocking. Least they havent told us we wont be able to use our full rosters in the next patch (looking at you gamefreak)
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Was listening to Urza’s stream this morning and he said something that made me rather upset. He said that he was about to go nuclear on CG because of the lackluster RA, but didn’t because CG reached out to the former GC’s and I guess gave them more info, which calmed urza’s inner sarlac. The problem I have is why can’t we get this info as well. Why can’t the RA have the info to calm all of our inner sarlac’s?? They should release this info so we can have some hope about the future. Not in the coming weeks/months, now. This game is in a bad spot and they can turn it around.
    Because secret discord cliques are a thing
  • BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    jstehly wrote: »
    The Iconic Power items sounds like a terrible idea. Can we PLEASE just have more game modes to use the characters that don't result in playing Revan squads over and over again? This game is supposed to be fun.

Agree with this!

Leveling up characters endlessly isn't much of a 'game'. Realistically most of only use a handful of characters on a daily basis, and maybe a few dozen on a weekly basis (I don't consider setting characters on TW/GA defense or in platoons as "using" them).

To compound issues, the increased narrowness of faction synergy has made about 90% of matches formulaic and predictable, and there's very little incentive to experiment or theorycraft. When someone *does* discover an unexpected and interesting interaction (i.e. JKA & Nightsister Zombie or the Rex/Fives/Baze HSTR team) it's quickly patched to force everyone to use all of their characters in the orthodox manner.

• jbs2886
    145 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Wow, that was the most boring 'Road away' ever...

Maybe we can persuade Carrie to come back...

:#

Please, no. I think it was she who prepared this. Top_hat just released it.
    So no, another reason for her to go.

No, wrong. Carrie is gone. TopHat is responsible.
    Read the original post again if there is any trouble in understanding the facts.

Dude, Carrie had left couple days ago 2 of them were weekend. Do you really think they he could do all of this just for a few days? Please. That’s not possible. It is carrie’s stuff for sure. You can even smell no creativity and money grabbing from it...

Carrie has been on sabbatical since June....

So, no, this wasn't Carrie.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    Wow, that was the most boring 'Road away' ever...

Maybe we can persuade Carrie to come back...

:#

Please, no. I think it was she who prepared this. Top_hat just released it.
    So no, another reason for her to go.

No, wrong. Carrie is gone. TopHat is responsible.
    Read the original post again if there is any trouble in understanding the facts.

Dude, Carrie had left couple days ago 2 of them were weekend. Do you really think they he could do all of this just for a few days? Please. That’s not possible. It is carrie’s stuff for sure. You can even smell no creativity and money grabbing from it...

Carrie has been on sabbatical since June....

So, no, this wasn't Carrie.

Still I am not sure how you can exclude her? They do RA for several months... it is not just ideas or brainstorming, they already in thought out or production phase. You cannot do this for a week. Not even CG...
    And in ‘sabbatical’ Carrie pretended she was answering forums, and as I recall we saw her messages like one in a month. Not sure she should work overtime for this.
  • There is an overwhelming community desire for new content, and a fear that our wishes are being ignored. To be clear: new content can be monetized, and we are starving for new ways to use our rosters.

People are looking to the developers, and especially to the Road Ahead Blog, for reassurance. You folks need to make another statement to clearly and specifically address these concerns.

If you don’t, the raging dumpster fires in the comments and on YouTube will continue. You are losing engagement and good will by the hour!
  • Malak

Jar Jar
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Because secret discord cliques are a thing

Respectfully disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I just wish we could get rid of mods pleaseeee!!!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    HadToDoIt wrote: »
    I just wish we could get rid of mods pleaseeee!!!

Bad idea. Have you been around for the Poe Droids meta?
  • Ruazihno
    7 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Okay, if Grevious gets a capital ship we should have Asajj's Banshee as well, a Starfighter class!
  • Ruazihno wrote: »
    Okay, if Grevious gets a capital ship we should have Asajj's Banshee as well, a Starfighter class!

In 3-4 months we unlock kenobi and in 7-9 months we unlock grevious as it seems if it goes to guild event currency as well.
  • Neil
    21 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Were on the road to nowhere🎤🎤🎶🎶 😂😂. this is horrendous were getting updated game mods that we already have. We need a game mod thats something completely new that doesn't cost a mountain of money to play. #sandbox mode plz and make it free to use.
  • Avaiam
    44 posts Member
    They should make zetas and omegas easier to get (like double what drops now) if they're adding yet another item to boost characters.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    More like culdesac ahead.
  • JimmyD
    22 posts Member
    The unique items part of this post is really worrying. If there is yet another power-up grind added whilst most are still reeling from the G13 level bomb. I'm pretty sure I would struggle with that to the point of Q&D.

On the other hand if unique items for characters perhaps changed the animation of that character to perhaps do unique moves or special kill animations for just the purpose of pure joy and humiliation of pvp opponents in the game then that kind of kit feature would be pretty cool to watch.

No stat boosts just simple joy and fun of good animation and Star Wars!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Wow, been awhile since I posted.

Almost like how long this road ahead took.

At least we got nothing from the Road ahead.

Wait-
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    "hey guys, we are adding in another way we can monetize you"
    "Hey guys, we are adding in a ship you all knew was coming!"
    "Hey Guys, hows that TB going for ya, we sure are glad ONLY TWO GUILDS IN THE ENTIRE FREAKING GAME can not even fully complete it! Yay for new content for everyone amiright! we actually have plans to remove more content too since removing Hoth TB content was not enough for us, you guys are getting too much, so we copy and pasted TB to be harder. Get ready for another Copy and paste TB with Mk3 and this one drops even less mk1's and 2's in the future to come!"

So, nothing really new at all. CG is still terrible devs and still basically ignoring their entire playerbase that they hate, moving on.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    jstehly wrote: »

Every time I must fight Revan vs Revan something inside me dies. I’ve practically been dead for months already.
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    Grinding for G12 is already a horrendous effort. Grinding for G13 is preposterous and abhorrent. Yet the CG try to package unique item as an enhancement. So after unique item, why not do clothes and throw in 10 levels for people to grind and gear up. Seriously running out of ideas to milk people.

I like to remind everyone that with EA, there is always a catch. You get to enhance your item with useless gear plus 2 x kyrotech and 2 x stungun to reach the next level. Dun waste energy, just give us G14. More efficient to implement and the whales will pay for it.
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    There is a real issue CG need to be address. Whales are happy to be milked, but the lack of feature is just sad. Geo TB is just a reskin difficult Hoth TB. GAC is just TW at the individual level.

Mature players are just running LS-7B and DS-8A. And road ahead just tell us about unique item (ie. G14) to grind on.

The top process is just wrong. It is obvious the top process is about earning more money and then what game features can be introduced to achieve it. This should be reverse, get the game right and the money will flow in. Look at the examples of so many successful games out there.

It is rightly so to monetize from the game, but do it the right way.
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Jouh wrote: »
    Grinding for G12 is already a horrendous effort. Grinding for G13 is preposterous and abhorrent. Yet the CG try to package unique item as an enhancement. So after unique item, why not do clothes and throw in 10 levels for people to grind and gear up. Seriously running out of ideas to milk people.

I like to remind everyone that with EA, there is always a catch. You get to enhance your item with useless gear plus 2 x kyrotech and 2 x stungun to reach the next level. Dun waste energy, just give us G14. More efficient to implement and the whales will pay for it.

You prefer g14 that would bring even more gear in, then a new method to get rid of old gear? Something we all don't know yet, but still complaining about it? Take a break

I think you misread. I prefer none. And tats the point, what’s the difference between unique item and G14? You think EA will allow u to just spend yr extra gear to enhance? No stun gun or cuff?
This discussion has been closed.