Grand Arena Championships – GP Divisions [MEGA]

Replies

• I've been out matched every round in GAC, between 100k-700k facing one divisoin up. The matches are all close, win or lose, so I think it is working as intended.

However, when I see the division 2 leaderboard, most of them I am sure I can beat easily, so I don't see how they deserve to be on top of the leaderboard. Hopefully after exhibition, the rankings will make more sense.
  • Vuk
    32 posts Member
    For first place in this GA I am fighting a division 1 #130 ranked with 680 k more GP then I have. I am division 2 ranked #8400 !!!!!!! Bravo CG.....Bravo
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Did we get too few feats this week compared to the first 2 weeks?
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

There is nothing wrong at all with cross division play

Cross division play is one of the most obvious flaws. How are people supposed to compete against others within their division for rank 1 when some people get more combat than others?

Just let matchmaking decide if I get 5 or 6 or 8 combats to gain points. If I don't get 8 battles I can't be #1 so I quit trying.

This system isn't just bad, it's actually literally unfair in the literal sense of the word fair or fairness. 2 people in division 2 with identical rosters, one gets matched vs a division 3 guy 5 combats, the other gets matched vs division 1 so 8 combats.

The player who got limited to 5 combats will NEVER be #1 and never even had a chance because cross division matchmaking.

If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    ITS A LEADERBOARD SYSTEM. If u are div 4 chromium u should fight against other div4 chromium guys even if the matchup is uneven. Thats the point of divisions and leagues. If thats not what u want and u want "heart in the mouth" Matchups for every fight then dont have divisions and dont have a leaderboard system coz your current system is illogical.

no your literally asking for people to be matched up against people that will blow them out... that goes against the devs wanting to keep blowouts under 5%..

If you don't see cross division matchmaking with different combat requirements as a problem I don't know what to say... it's just not that hard to see by now.

Then I can live with what you do not know what to say.....

If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

DEVS : "we want to keep blowouts under 5%"

and the best part is...if you want to move up....move up
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited July 2019

If you dont' cross divisions your going to get a TON of GAs where a TON of people will finish 0-3 over and over and it will be blowout city and again from the DEVS......

Moving up divisions, even to division one, doesn't fix the cross division inequality of players opportunity to score points.

Div 1 players still get matched vs division 2 and 3 and this cross division match causes less defenses to set. I'm fighting division 1 guys now. I have already moved up.

Cross division has no impact on how many people go 0-3. Do you understand that 1 person will always finish 0-3 in a 8 person tourney?

Cross division does impact a player's ability to move up to kyber league and finish top 400 in any division because even if they clear all battles with 1 man teams with full protection they will be still in 6,500th place roughly 900 points behind 1st...

I won GA beat everyone and still I'm thousands behind and not even on pace for kyber because of cross division matchmaking...

This problem is:
    If someone goes undefeated in GA they shouldn't be penalized because their opponent didn't build up any ships causing opponent's total gp to be a division or 2 lower than the player's. This causes combat to 5 or 6 instead of 8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cross division matches handicap people in all divisions and kills any chance these people had to win their division even if they got the max score possible.

You can keep thinking cross division changes the amount of people who go 0-3 getting blown out but that's just not true. Someone will always go 0-3 with or without cross division matches.

The problem isn't necessarily cross division matchmaking it is really just that some people get less combat than their competition based on ring of who they draw a fight against.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019

Moving up divisions, even to division one, doesn't fix the cross division inequality of players opportunity to score points.

Div 1 players still get matched vs division 2 and 3 and this cross division match causes less defenses to set. I'm fighting division 1 guys now. I have already moved up.

Cross division has no impact on how many people go 0-3. Do you understand that 1 person will always finish 0-3 in a 8 person tourney?

Cross division does impact a player's ability to move up to kyber league and finish top 400 in any division because even if they clear all battles with 1 man teams with full protection they will be still in 6,500th place roughly 900 points behind 1st...

I won GA beat everyone and still I'm thousands behind and not even on pace for kyber because of cross division matchmaking...

This problem is:
    If someone goes undefeated in GA they shouldn't be penalized because their opponent didn't build up any ships causing opponent's total gp to be a division or 2 lower than the player's. This causes combat to 5 or 6 instead of 8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cross division matches handicap people in all divisions and kills any chance these people had to win their division even if they got the max score possible.

You can keep thinking cross division changes the amount of people who go 0-3 getting blown out but that's just not true. Someone will always go 0-3 with or without cross division matches.

The problem isn't necessarily cross division matchmaking it is really just that some people get less combat than their competition based on ring of who they draw a fight against.

your literally talking about 256 banners over a total of 4 GA.s if you max poitns on the extra team you have to fight there are feats worth more than that...

meh

Edit and the defense setting points.... still meh

Could that total in the end be the difference between 500+ or getting into top 500....
    maybe but would be a rare occurance over a large sample size of GAC's

in current form that would cost you about 4 salvage in reward points....

lotta arguing over 4 salvage IMO

This problem is:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

your literally talking about 256 banners over a total of 4 GA.s if you max poitns on the extra team you have to fight there are feats worth more than that...

meh

Could that total in the end be the difference between 500+ or getting into top 500....

Firsr off I'm talking about how some players don't get the opportunity to score up to 3,700 points over GAC. not 256 points.

2 defenses x 90 is 180
    2 offenses x 64 is 128
    That's 308 per round of ga so 924 per 3 round ga.
    Gac has 4 tourneys so 924 x 4 is about 3,700 points of progression towards the next league. I feel this is very significant.

Also the difference in league rewards especially for making aurodium or kyber vs lower leagues will be lot more than 4 salvage crumb has indicated this already in posts stating the value and difficulty of making top leagues.

This problem is:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

meh

It's more than 256 points. And much more than 4 salvage. Where are you getting your data?

Its 90x2 on defense so 180 points.
    Then 64x2 on offense so 128 more
    180+128 is 308 per round.
    308x3 is 924 points for 3 rounds of a GA
    There are 4 GA in a GAC so 4x924 points is 3700 points people do not even get a chance to get.

3700 points will make a difference in if a lot of people make the barrier to aurodium or kyber. It also effects top 200.

crumb indicated the rewards will be much better in the higher leagues so I assume he means more than +4 salvage for making it to a top league.

This whole limiting combat cross division matchmaking results in the same outcome as the bug where people get 1000 points twice for a win. Some people just get to score 924 more points than others because they got to set more defenses. What's ridiculous is the trigger for this is how many ships does your opponent have and ships aren't even a part of gac, but they do effect someones division (enemy has less ships = lower division than you = less combat for you)

If I get to bowl 8 frames and you bowl 6 then we see who scored more points how is that fair?

I get 8 free throws, you get 6 then we compare who made more shots?

That's what GAC does
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Actually it's more like a competition where
    Some people take 8 free throws.
    Others take 6 free throws.

We see who scored more points based on

1 point for each shot taken.
    1 point for each shot made.

People who scored 15 or more points get top rewards.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I agree the current cross division logic is inherently faulty @BobcatSkywalker. And not because "it's not fair to get matched with someone from an upper division". That's a blessing in disguise. The outcome of this shows right in the top spots of divisions browsable for all. Some simply didn't get access to as many banners no matter how perfect they were.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

This problem is:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

meh

It's more than 256 points. And much more than 4 salvage. Where are you getting your data?

There are 4 GA in a GAC so 4x924 points is 3700 points people do not even get a chance to get.

3700 points will make a difference in if a lot of people make the barrier to aurodium or kyber. It also effects top 200.

crumb indicated the rewards will be much better in the higher leagues so I assume he means more than +4 salvage for making it to a top league.

This whole limiting combat cross division matchmaking results in the same outcome as the bug where people get 1000 points twice for a win. Some people just get to score 924 more points than others because they got to set more defenses. What's ridiculous is the trigger for this is how many ships does your opponent have and ships aren't even a part of gac, but they do effect someones division (enemy has less ships = lower division than you = less combat for you)

If I get to bowl 8 frames and you bowl 6 then we see who scored more points how is that fair?

That's what GAC does

winning or losing your match has nothing to do with the conversation so please do not include GAC rewards for winning your indidivual match...

Your simply arguing over the 300 GAC coins "more" than your going to get over or under someone else....

lotta arguing over 4 salvage

lotta typing over 4 salvage..

This problem is:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

meh

That's what GAC does

winning or losing your match has nothing to do with the conversation so please do not include GAC rewards for winning your indidivual match...

Your simply arguing over the 300 GAC coins "more" than your going to get over or under someone else....

Never mentioned winning or losing a match. Idk why u bring up random things I never said. Also its 3700 more points over gac not 300. Even one match vs a lower division opponent is enough to prevent players from making kyber league. You need to run the numbers before dismissing the impact.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

This problem is:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

meh

That's what GAC does

Never mentioned winning or losing a match. Idk why u bring up random things I never said. Also its 3700 more points over gac not 300. Even one match vs a lower division opponent is enough to prevent players from making kyber league. You need to run the numbers before dismissing the impact.

I don't care about your numbers friend.

whatever place i end up in the person ahead of me get's 300 GAC coins. whoever finishes worse than me 300 less GAC coins.

I like interdivisional play. I don't see a problem with it..... post alllllllllllllllllllll the numbers and situations the downsides, the in's the out's the whathaveyou's.

In the end I like it so post away....

It's 300 GAC coin

GAC rewards suck period...all of it.

you all complain about the boo hoo aspect of I'm gonna lose out on 300 GAC coin by only making kyber not top 50 kyber meh meh meh

Rewards suck..... the more i read this stuff the more I think GAC sucks period...

But I like interdivisional play..... nothing you post could possibly ever change that
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    @Dk_rek 3k banners are tons. What about the difference between making to an upper league or not, is that 4 salvage too?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    @Dk_rek 3k banners are tons. What about the difference between making to an upper league or not, is that 4 salvage too?

not for me...

1) can't make kyber and prob can't make top 500 of Aurodium
    2) every single one of my opponents this final bracket has a "chance"
    3) I can GUARANTEE none of my opponents this final match will make Kyber
    4) the question is the best way of depriving them of points....

Set one team very strong deprive them of feats and stuff.

Set two teams same

set one cup team...

they all gonna need max points from the 3 matches.... what is the best way

That is all that matters -Conan
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ah ok, thought it was about how it impacts all of us, my bad.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    7G13 malaks...and me bwhahahahhahah...

Feel bad for the guys who spent all that to miss kyber because they faced me bwhahaha
  • @BobcatSkywalker, There's another 30 points per defensive slot when the territory is conquered. You can add 30x3x4 or 360 to your calculations.

@Dk_rek, I also don't mind the cross division matchmaking and I would hate to see matchmaking fixed within a division because it would create bigger problems.

I'm lost on your argument though. The rewards for league promotion are significant, which is the point that Bobcat was making. I think CG has some work to do in order to even the playing field across divisions for defensive slot mismatches. Also matchmaking should follow GAC win-loss records better than it is doing. GP is a measure of toon investment and does not do a good job at measuring toon strength. GP should be overhauled If it's going to be use this way.
  • DemonR
    68 posts Member
    Im 2.7m, and literally, have not played against anyone below 3.1m. Literally.

I am a pretty strong player, so im currently winning about 2/3, but it means i can't complete the fetas -often playing against 900k+more
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    nrmkmj4mncvk.png
    😂 finally got there 🙌
    If I can do it, with no Darth revan or Malak, against exclusively higher total gp opponents with both every single round, anything is possible guys. Just try your best, look online for good counters and advice, and Focus those gac metas and it's possible.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    nrmkmj4mncvk.png
    😂 finally got there 🙌
    If I can do it, with no Darth revan or Malak, against exclusively higher total gp opponents with both every single round, anything is possible guys. Just try your best, look online for good counters and advice, and Focus those gac metas and it's possible.

whatever man....whatever..

(Serious congrats on making kyber tho) as to the whole "look at me everyone can do it thing...." whatever

That's not reality
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »
    nrmkmj4mncvk.png
    😂 finally got there 🙌

whatever man....whatever..

(Serious congrats on making kyber tho) as to the whole "look at me everyone can do it thing...." whatever

That's not reality

Aww, come on, there's a ton in my guild who did the same and even went well above where I am. But thanks, it took a ton of effort to get there, even including force focusing bugs and such to get them into my top 80
  • maraexibil
    197 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    The GAC reward structure must be adjusted.

I don't understand why the rewards brackets are so narrow and topheavy. Bottom tier is rank 501+. With 10000+ players per division/league this means that 95% of players get the same rewards. I don't see how such a reward structure can motivate 95% of players to try to rank higher.

Or to put it in a different light, being in the top 6% of your division/league gives you the same end of month rewards as a bottom dweller.

There are a lot of brilliant calculating minds in the dev team and management. I'm not sure why this obvious mistake was missed.

Many arguments here originate from the fact that perfect runs don't guarantee higher tier rewards. Then you have trolls who, having lost hope of getting higher than lowest tier rewards, throw in trash D to deprive others of a being in the top 5%.
    Post edited by maraexibil on
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    At the end of the day, GA results rest largely on the top few teams. One Malak team can block off half a map. Can't beat that 1 team? You probably lose. Get that a few times and you probably won't make Kyber either. Sorry.
    I'd love to see no map - just one section with all teams in it. If I can't beat a GOD team, but I can whoop the rest, I'll still at least get decent points.
    But that won't let the whales win easy I guess.

So then let me use more of my roster - why only 6 slots (I'm under 3M GP)? That means another 40 toons are basically useless. Why?? Give me 8+ slots instead - we can both use more of our rosters, and see some lower GP teams (gear 8/9) slug it out for fun!

And stop the cross division matches. You have a 4 week GAC. In week 1, lots of one sided matches. The better players move up, and second week still a few one sided. By the 3rd week should be fairly even, and the final week should be close ones. That's how many tournaments work, with the favourites beating up on plebs early. Only in GAC, those plebs get to play on with easier matches each week if they lose - yay!

I really hope we get some feedback on how GAC went, and how many tried.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    @Wimma prior to GAC, there were some GA rounds with all your squads in a single territory (and ships in the other). We used to get some variety in these maps and I hope they bring that to GAC.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wimma wrote: »
    At the end of the day, GA results rest largely on the top few teams. One Malak team can block off half a map. Can't beat that 1 team? You probably lose. Get that a few times and you probably won't make Kyber either. Sorry.
    I'd love to see no map - just one section with all teams in it. If I can't beat a GOD team, but I can whoop the rest, I'll still at least get decent points.
    But that won't let the whales win easy I guess.

So then let me use more of my roster - why only 6 slots (I'm under 3M GP)? That means another 40 toons are basically useless. Why?? Give me 8+ slots instead - we can both use more of our rosters, and see some lower GP teams (gear 8/9) slug it out for fun!

And stop the cross division matches. You have a 4 week GAC. In week 1, lots of one sided matches. The better players move up, and second week still a few one sided. By the 3rd week should be fairly even, and the final week should be close ones. That's how many tournaments work, with the favourites beating up on plebs early. Only in GAC, those plebs get to play on with easier matches each week if they lose - yay!

I really hope we get some feedback on how GAC went, and how many tried.

Very much agree with this.
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)

No, d1 just doesn't have many good players that deserve kyber.
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)

No, d1 just doesn't have many good players that deserve kyber.

More precisely, I would say that when I face a D1 player, the matches tend to be more defensive in nature, resulting in less banners on both sides.

And I also noticed while I was looking at leaderboards throughout the Championship that it seemed like Kyber league promotions were quicker and ultimately more numerous in the high-middle divisions... I want to say in Divisions 3 through 7, but I don’t have the raw data in front of me anymore, of course.
This discussion has been closed.