Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Kiloran
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Kiloran wrote: »
    Points are bugged just got 1670 for a full clear two teams per area. One shot all teams. Even if it was 50 points a win that should be 1870. 4b9bwqz6q4kg.png

Did you set full defence?

Yes i set full defense
  • corranhorn78
    139 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Have they fixed the **** tiebreaker bug cause i just lost for the 2nd time on a tie where i had more GP
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Have they fixed the **** tiebreaker bug cause i just lost for the 2nd time on a tie where i had more GP

It's based on the matchmaking GP, not total GP.
  • stupid
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Well...most of us thought the MM isn't matching winners-winners, losers-losers but after seeing more and more anectodes I'm rather firm it's one of these 2 cases

- some threshold matchmaking by banners
    - same league matchmaking (which doesn't have any bearing on divisions)

Same league is more likely since it matches with what I saw as well. To make sure, please check tomorrow at the time of matchmaking what the banner differences are in your 8 and if everyone is in the same league.
  • When does Malak comes back ?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Same league is more likely since it matches with what I saw as well. To make sure, please check tomorrow at the time of matchmaking what the banner differences are in your 8 and if everyone is in the same league.

That's not surprising since it's what they announced from the beginning...

lbekm3p22quz.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

lbekm3p22quz.png

Aaah missed that bit since by then I wasn't accustomed with the new jargon. So barely making it to aerodium this week will give me a very though pool tonight xD. Then...there we go, the filter people were looking for, winners are getting matched with winners...sorta.
  • No_Try wrote: »

lbekm3p22quz.png

Aaah missed that bit since by then I wasn't accustomed with the new jargon. So barely making it to aerodium this week will give me a very though pool tonight xD. Then...there we go, the filter people were looking for, winners are getting matched with winners...sorta.

In the final GA of the event, after the mismatch damage has already been done. It's like finally getting asked if you want whipped cream and sprinkles on your ice cream after it fell into a big steaming pile of dog ****.

Bravo.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

lbekm3p22quz.png

In the final GA of the event, after the mismatch damage has already been done. It's like finally getting asked if you want whipped cream and sprinkles on your ice cream after it fell into a big steaming pile of dog ****.

Bravo.

What do you mean? This is what has been going on starting from week 2 (when people are not in the base league anymore)
  • No_Try wrote: »

lbekm3p22quz.png

Bravo.

What do you mean? This is what has been going on starting from week 2 (when people are not in the base league anymore)

I mean the "filtering" you're espousing is "happening" in the final round of the competition, but existing matchmaking has already weighed heavily on who, in fact, has made it to Aurodium. For example, a 2.5M GP account with 0 G13s getting matched up in successive rounds against 3.2M GP accounts with 4 G13s and Malak really limits the ability of the smaller account to progress. That account had lost exactly one round in the entirety of the prior GAs, and now can't get out of 7th place? Seems reasonable, no? The answer is no.

Regardless where you are on what matchmaking SHOULD be, the simple fact remains that we were incentivized to build our rosters a specific way prior to GAC then punished for exactly that once GAC started in earnest. CG picking winners and losers is their prerogative, but the impact it's had on *some* of what I would consider to be the *better* players I knew in this game has been real (hint, if we're still playing, it's not regularly and definitely not with $).

If you choose to respond, please do so by DM - there's no need for more pages of back and forth cluttering a general discussion thread.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member

lbekm3p22quz.png

Bravo.

Regardless where you are on what matchmaking SHOULD be, the simple fact remains that we were incentivized to build our rosters a specific way prior to GAC then punished for exactly that once GAC started in earnest.

Well, didn't they strait up say they wanted to prevent that kind of behavior on multiple occasions tho? You had to know the lean roster stuff was gonna end, especially after their first pass to try and discourage it.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member

lbekm3p22quz.png

Yeah, it seems like the best situation to be in is to be *just* shy of the next league when signup is done, and then go over to the next league during that GA. Easier opponents but rewards from the new league when it's done.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

lbekm3p22quz.png

Yeah, it seems like the best situation to be in is to be *just* shy of the next league when signup is done, and then go over to the next league during that GA. Easier opponents but rewards from the new league when it's done.

this is what i should have done odds are i would have went 2/3 2/3 2/3 2/3 instead of 2/3 2/3 2/3 0/3

I should have tanked the 3/0 last round (but i wanted to win my first GAC bracket now that i have I can tank in the future)

7 G13 malaks i have none the matchmaking is fine I should have just lost on purpose last round would have been better off...

Then again if losing on purpose is a valid strategy then the whole system kinda stinks lol
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

lbekm3p22quz.png

Bravo.

I mean the "filtering" you're espousing is "happening" in the final round of the competition, but existing matchmaking has already weighed heavily on who, in fact, has made it to Aurodium. For example, a 2.5M GP account with 0 G13s getting matched up in successive rounds against 3.2M GP accounts with 4 G13s and Malak really limits the ability of the smaller account to progress. That account had lost exactly one round in the entirety of the prior GAs, and now can't get out of 7th place? Seems reasonable, no? The answer is no.

Regardless where you are on what matchmaking SHOULD be, the simple fact remains that we were incentivized to build our rosters a specific way prior to GAC then punished for exactly that once GAC started in earnest. CG picking winners and losers is their prerogative, but the impact it's had on *some* of what I would consider to be the *better* players I knew in this game has been real (hint, if we're still playing, it's not regularly and definitely not with $).

If you choose to respond, please do so by DM - there's no need for more pages of back and forth cluttering a general discussion thread.

Meh, sorry I don't do lean vs fluff arguments anymore.

Matchmaking algo itself is a seperate thing than the concern for those doing better get matched with eachother and vice versa. I bet under any algo you'd want to see the 2nd to happen too.

This is general discussion and it's important for others to become aware that leagues also filter the possibility of match-ups. I only became aware last night. All weeks after the first gets filtered within leagues. If you did very bad the first week, you'll get matched with those who also did bad and didn't progress to upper league. Solely because of this reason, my guildie who was on holiday the first week cruised through the rest of the tourney (ofc also not having a chance to reach kyber)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

lbekm3p22quz.png

Bravo.

Matchmaking algo itself is a seperate thing than the concern for those doing better get matched with eachother and vice versa. I bet under any algo you'd want to see the 2nd to happen too.

This is general discussion and it's important for others to become aware that leagues also filter the possibility of match-ups. I only became aware last night. All weeks after the first gets filtered within leagues. If you did very bad the first week, you'll get matched with those who also did bad and didn't progress to upper league. Solely because of this reason, my guildie who was on holiday the first week cruised through the rest of the tourney (ofc also not having a chance to reach kyber)

your handle is literally my next 3 matches coincidence.... i think not sir
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

lbekm3p22quz.png

Bravo.

Good for you. Let us know when you drop the rage quit message.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »

lbekm3p22quz.png

Bravo.

Good for you. Let us know when you drop the rage quit message.

lol never :)

keep fighting the good fight bruh :)
  • I am currently 1-11 in gac because I can't beat a g13 malak, so why am I matched with a g13 malak again???
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Ok so i found a bug and it has to do with geos. Lol. I know right. Anyway i fought a geo team and won with one second left (padme sucks) i killed the last of the five but brood was still up and it timed out before he died. So it counted the battle as a draw. However all 5 starting geos were dead so the battle showed as a win however since it counted it as a draw i did not receive points for the win and could not attack again because it showed the team as dead.
  • hello
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    JProv99 wrote: »
    hello

Why are there people saying hello in all the megathreads? What is going on?!
  • Test
  • Ebbi
    1 posts Member
    Neat
  • Good stuff
  • Nice
  • Why do I keep getting matched against people with 15 more zetas than me?
    It really takes the fun out of GAC when I have absolutely no chance to compete. I placed 2nd once because twice my opponent either didnt deploy or started attacking too late.
  • The feat "win grand arena battle with full galactic republic team" needs clarification.. I went with full Galactic republic team, in undersized squad (Padme, Anakin, Ashoka) I won that match, but feat wasnt completed.
  • Why can't GAC get players to pick their toons prior to matchmaking and then matchmake on the toons selected.
    This is the Way