The freezing issue in fleet gamemodes needs to be fixed.

I just lost a fleet fight in Geo TB because the game froze, this has been a known issue for months, how is it not higher on the priority list?

Replies

• *all game modes.
  • *all game modes.

Is it all? I’ve only ever had it happen in Fleet Fights
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    SHAD0W4576 wrote: »
    *all game modes.

Is it all? I’ve only ever had it happen in Fleet Fights

Check the updates. They released an update about a week or 2 ago addressing this and what they are doing in an attempt to tackle it.
  • It's all game modes but is incredibly frustrating in TB. I got the run around from support the last time it happened and it happened as recently as today during fleet arena climb. Thankfully it didn't impact me as I had enough battles left.

I've noticed if it's going to happen it usually happens with the first 20 seconds of battles. To be specific, looking at screenshots an awful lot of them are 18s in.

I believe the update contained more logging / error catching to further the troubleshoot vs it being a fix
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Upgrade your phone
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Mine froze in fleet arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SHAD0W4576 wrote: »
    I just lost a fleet fight in Geo TB because the game froze, this has been a known issue for months, how is it not higher on the priority list?

It is, and has been.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We have just released a client hotfix to the Google and iOS app stores. This hotfix includes bug fixes and some additional logging to help us track down a couple of evasive issues. You can visit your respective apps stores to update immediately or we will require all players to update with the next content release.

CHANGES
    • [GENERAL] - Made a few changes to help better manage memory on iOS devices, which should help reduce the amount of memory related crashes
    • [GENERAL] - Fixed an issue where some ship battles resulted in a soft lock where all ability icons disappeared and players were forced to restart the game
    • [GUILD EVENT] - Fixed an issue where a player could advance to a “non-existent” phase in Territory Battles if the player remained in the map preview after the end of the final phase

KNOWN ISSUES
    • [GENERAL] - There have been multiple reports of missing ability icons, or icons disappearing during extended battles. We are continuing to investigate these issues, and have added specific logging to help track down this issue in today’s update
    • [GENERAL] - You may still encounter memory management issues on iOS devices but we are continuing to work to track down and improve these issues

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/209899/server-update-07-22-2019#latest
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please report and discuss all bugs and issues at Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>