The Road Ahead - 7/29/2019 [MEGA]

1234568Next

Replies

• I can imagine how this "spending extra gear" will work. First level will use them, then we will need hundreds of kyrotechs to max the item.
  • Jouh wrote: »
    There is a real issue CG need to be address. Whales are happy to be milked, but the lack of feature is just sad. Geo TB is just a reskin difficult Hoth TB. GAC is just TW at the individual level.

Mature players are just running LS-7B and DS-8A. And road ahead just tell us about unique item (ie. G14) to grind on.

The top process is just wrong. It is obvious the top process is about earning more money and then what game features can be introduced to achieve it. This should be reverse, get the game right and the money will flow in. Look at the examples of so many successful games out there.

It is rightly so to monetize from the game, but do it the right way.

This so much. ^
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Jouh wrote: »
    Grinding for G12 is already a horrendous effort. Grinding for G13 is preposterous and abhorrent. Yet the CG try to package unique item as an enhancement. So after unique item, why not do clothes and throw in 10 levels for people to grind and gear up. Seriously running out of ideas to milk people.

I like to remind everyone that with EA, there is always a catch. You get to enhance your item with useless gear plus 2 x kyrotech and 2 x stungun to reach the next level. Dun waste energy, just give us G14. More efficient to implement and the whales will pay for it.

You prefer g14 that would bring even more gear in, then a new method to get rid of old gear? Something we all don't know yet, but still complaining about it? Take a break

I think you misread. I prefer none. And tats the point, what’s the difference between unique item and G14? You think EA will allow u to just spend yr extra gear to enhance? No stun gun or cuff?

The post did say unused gear.
    How about you wait with the complaints till you know what's up.

Because it is too obvious. There will be like 300 carbanty mk.4 + some shiny new gear you need to buy with money/crystals. We saw it many many times...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Grinding for G12 is already a horrendous effort. Grinding for G13 is preposterous and abhorrent. Yet the CG try to package unique item as an enhancement. So after unique item, why not do clothes and throw in 10 levels for people to grind and gear up. Seriously running out of ideas to milk people.

I like to remind everyone that with EA, there is always a catch. You get to enhance your item with useless gear plus 2 x kyrotech and 2 x stungun to reach the next level. Dun waste energy, just give us G14. More efficient to implement and the whales will pay for it.

You prefer g14 that would bring even more gear in, then a new method to get rid of old gear? Something we all don't know yet, but still complaining about it? Take a break

I think you misread. I prefer none. And tats the point, what’s the difference between unique item and G14? You think EA will allow u to just spend yr extra gear to enhance? No stun gun or cuff?

Because it is too obvious. There will be like 300 carbanty mk.4 + some shiny new gear you need to buy with money/crystals. We saw it many many times...

Precisely, there's gotta be a catch. I will be very surprised if we are allowed to max those iconic items using only stockpiled useless gear. That said, I'm not even mad about it, that's just par for the course.
  • If the iconic items piece had an ability and guessing stat increases to it and was not specific to a charter but could equip it to any toon u want like vaders helmet to r2 or something giving r2 vaders force crush ability or domething like that could be interesting and if u lvled them up by feeding it gear and certain gear was worth more xp then others.

But how would u get the items? Through events like legendary or hj events or like mods and if like mods do each iconic item has "*" lvls to them?
  • This and the recent G13 in a nutshell:

"We're introducing new farms that sound like new content, but are basically to help whale Revan teams beat other Revan teams much easier."

My only hope is that this somehow trickles down enough to PVE to help with the difficulty of Geo TB...
  • Totally useless, why put this up with 0 actual information
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    80 people did the acklay mission... lol... Being so hard makes it not worth anything.
  • "I don't understand how the thing I haven't seen yet is going to work so it must be a horrible idea"

"We already knew about everything that's coming in the next couple of months so CG is doing a terrible job of communicating"

"CG clearly stated in recent months that they are actively shifting the focus of the game and launched a new flagship event structure to demonstrate it which is creating all sorts of new data and mechanics that need to be analyzed and refined but why aren't we getting a completely brand new and unexpected game mode rolled out immediately too?"

"This road ahead says absolutely nothing surprising or interesting about what's coming. Also, why would they introduce unique character items that will enhance and change toon mechanics in brand new ways when that's not what we had predicted was coming next?"

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

You don't know what obvious is.
    This would end well if they say unused gear and put in carbantis and such.
    It's reasonable to believe their post, since every game needs an exchanging system for useless stuff. Otherwise the daily grind becomes useless.

Lol. We’ll see. Hope I am wrong though.
  • "I don't understand how the thing I haven't seen yet is going to work so it must be a horrible idea"

"We already knew about everything that's coming in the next couple of months so CG is doing a terrible job of communicating"

"CG clearly stated in recent months that they are actively shifting the focus of the game and launched a new flagship event structure to demonstrate it which is creating all sorts of new data and mechanics that need to be analyzed and refined but why aren't we getting a completely brand new and unexpected game mode rolled out immediately too?"

"This road ahead says absolutely nothing surprising or interesting about what's coming. Also, why would they introduce unique character items that will enhance and change toon mechanics in brand new ways when that's not what we had predicted was coming next?"

Who are you and how are you reading my mind???
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    "I don't understand how the thing I haven't seen yet is going to work so it must be a horrible idea"

IP check
  • In relation to not having to scavenge...

On Wookoepedia - "the Raider, was seen scavenging the wreckage after the Battle of Sullust and the crew picked up a wounded Asajj Ventress, hoping to ransom her to to her employers. However she swiftly killed them with the Force and took the ship to Dathomir. This ship was latter used to transport Ventress, along with two other Nightsisters to Serenno to assassinate Count Dooku."

Nightsisters ships???
  • Cool
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    "I don't understand how the thing I haven't seen yet is going to work so it must be a horrible idea"

IP check

It's an older code, but it checks out.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CG_154M wrote:
    Q: Will there be a system implemented to use up our overly stockpiled low level gear to hopefully use as an exchange rate to gain higher level gear? This would give us use for the thousands of gears just stock piling away.

A: 154M - You'll be exchanging both lower-level and higher-level gear for new materials. There's currently no plans to have an "exchanger" of low to high level gear. We think that's already covered by the Shard Shop.
    So we do need high level gear to upgrade Iconic items, as skeptics guessed.
  • I'm really excited for the items. Been frustrated at this game a lot lately, but this will be a really cool, albeit also frustrating addition.

I really hope it is as cool as it can be!
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Probably gonna need 2,000 old gear pieces in order to get 1 new piece of gear.
  • Look on the bright side guys, at least there won't be any ships in GAC in the immediate future.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    CG_154M wrote:
    Q: Will there be a system implemented to use up our overly stockpiled low level gear to hopefully use as an exchange rate to gain higher level gear? This would give us use for the thousands of gears just stock piling away.

A: 154M - You'll be exchanging both lower-level and higher-level gear for new materials. There's currently no plans to have an "exchanger" of low to high level gear. We think that's already covered by the Shard Shop.
    So we do need high level gear to upgrade Iconic items, as skeptics guessed.

Bet the requirement will be stun guns.
  • Hi my name is Hanna send me a friend request
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    The road aheadtkv2467fa5j5.jpg
  • It’s almost September and we haven’t received ANY information on the new Iconic Powers. We’re used to waiting a while but when the Road Ahead literally says they’re excited to talk more about it in the following WEEKS and months, it’s just taking way too long. At least drop some hints and clues about it.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    It has been less than a month.

Personally I'm happy to farm some more other stuff for while longer.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kristian wrote: »
    It’s almost September and we haven’t received ANY information on the new Iconic Powers. We’re used to waiting a while but when the Road Ahead literally says they’re excited to talk more about it in the following WEEKS and months, it’s just taking way too long. At least drop some hints and clues about it.
    We got more information in the Q&A, including lots of those hints you're asking for.

But for now, their attention is on getting GAC up and running and finishing LSTB and the reworks/releases surrounding it. I wouldn't expect to hear much more about iconics until at least some of that is done. And I wouldn't expect the hype cycle to shift toward iconics until after the first LSTB.
    Still not a he.
  • Odd that Cody is this month's daily login but isnt getting an update.
This discussion has been closed.