Gac matchmaking

Why is it I got put up with basically a 3.5 million gp player when I'm barely over 2.8 million gp?

Replies

• Oh also to point **** am I get put up against a higher division. I'm division 4 so why am I competing against division 3 players? Why am I not competing against other division 4 players?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Divisions are based on total roster GP - Matches are not.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Because your top {x} toons have similar combined GP and you are in the same League.
  • Rub
    1 posts Member
    I don’t understand the new matchmaking. I’m playing against players with the same powerfull characters as me but with 120000-150000 more pg than me. So it’s too difficult to win in this way. I think that the matchmaking should be counting only the pg points of the players
  • Total GP does not matter. Even total characters GP does not matter. Every lvl 1 g1 7* toot ads about 4.4k GP but it has zero value for GA. This same rule can be applied on toons with higher lvl and gear but still not useful for your division.

My bigger concern is if top {x} toons gp is still gp only evaluation. That would mean clone wars chewbacca has same value as eg. Enfys Nest with same lvl, gear and abilities. Since you can’t ungear and unlevel bad toons, gp only evaluation with any scope is not good.
  • I understand most of this but 3mil total gp is division 3. So why am I going against division 3 players when I am a division 4. I have 2.8m gp not 3m. What is the point of divisions if when matchmaking doesn't consider your division when being made? It doesn't make sense and is f'in stupid to have divisions if all they mean is rank which in turn means nothing.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Did we just go back in time 2 weeks?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Bjsauer wrote: »
    I understand most of this but 3mil total gp is division 3. So why am I going against division 3 players when I am a division 4. I have 2.8m gp not 3m. What is the point of divisions if when matchmaking doesn't consider your division when being made? It doesn't make sense and is f'in stupid to have divisions if all they mean is rank which in turn means nothing.

Divisions are based on total roster GP including ships and low GP characters. Matchmaking is based on relevant GP. That's why it makes sense.
  • GA is nothing but feeding time for the whales. I dig that paid players keep the game going, but they need to be placed in their own division so those of us that actually work for what we got because we don't have bottomless bank accounts can at least have a chance at winning. Today's matchmaking put me up against teams I simply can not even dent. Why bother playing when the odds are stacked that heavily?
  • I totally agree with badspock. The matchmaking is badly broken and very frustrating to the players
  • badspock wrote: »
    GA is nothing but feeding time for the whales. I dig that paid players keep the game going, but they need to be placed in their own division so those of us that actually work for what we got because we don't have bottomless bank accounts can at least have a chance at winning.

Paying players pay to have an advantage. Your suggestion would eliminate their incentive to pay - unless, of course, the rewards for the paying players are significantly higher than rewards for free players.
    Today's matchmaking put me up against teams I simply can not even dent.

That's not necessarily a P2P vs. F2P issue. It's probably just some less fortunate farming choices on your part.

• Yes PLEASE do more to make better matchs. GA used to be fun but its almost unplayable. Ppl that have both revans should be matched against others. I'm div6 and 1.8 mil vs 2 mil aint fair. They always have 2 100k teams I cant touch between def. and offense teams.
  • I'm So Sick of GA. Every Since you changed matchmaking strategy I have never won a single GA. I have 5 relic toons and being paired against someone with 15 relic toons. Or I have 3.47mm gp and paired against 3.9mm gp
    I hate how you ruined this part of the game CG. Way to award your P2P's.