Why two accounts

Like the title says, what's the point? Am I missing something or do people just love the game that much? I really enjoy it, but not enough to grind two or more accounts.

Replies

• Like the title says, what's the point? Am I missing something or do people just love the game that much? I really enjoy it, but not enough to grind two or more accounts.

I let my daughter play my alt. So it's less of a grind. I just advise and help her with the more challenging parts.
  • Ok, I get that. But how is it less of a grind? That's what I don't get. Is there some kind of exploit or something? You can connect accounts and share gear?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ok, I get that. But how is it less of a grind? That's what I don't get. Is there some kind of exploit or something? You can connect accounts and share gear?

I think he means because his daughter is doing it instead.
  • But what I don't get is why have an alt in the first place. I read and hear about people having more than one account and I feel like I'm missing something that should be obvious.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    When I started my alt account it was to play droids in the arena for fun, and to farm some odd characters like ewok and Aayla to test them out, instead of risking to waste resources on them on my main.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Because you can't have everything, and I want to try things out. Back when there was a diverse meta, I wanted to see the difference between a zMaul and a zVader team. I could only zeta one, so I did Vader on one account and Maul on the other. Trying out different combo's different abilities and zeta's etc is fun, try something out that is out of the norm.

Unfortunately the game is very unforgiving if you do not have the meta squad, and now with GAC and such, you need many meta squads, so what started out as fun and experimentation ended up being two meta accounts. The only thing I focus on now, is that one is completely F2P and the other one I've spent on; I dont qualify as a seal, more like a salmon, but I've spent a good amount of my disposable income on it.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ok, I get that. But how is it less of a grind? That's what I don't get. Is there some kind of exploit or something? You can connect accounts and share gear?

I think he means because his daughter is doing it instead.

Yeah pretty much. She does the farming, plays the tb, and most raid battles. So less of a grind for me.
  • But what I don't get is why have an alt in the first place. I read and hear about people having more than one account and I feel like I'm missing something that should be obvious.

Once you have climbed to the top of arena ftp, it is fun to see if you can do it again with a newer account.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

I think it's just more knowledge of what to do/not do. plus the insane gaming of the system that CG somehow allows due to people waiting and being able to build up energy before passing the point where they join a server. Allows people to be in the top of arena day one and stay there. I guess CG gets more $ from these campers but it seems awful for actual n00bs who just want to play a star wars game
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    Because you can't have everything, and I want to try things out. Back when there was a diverse meta, I wanted to see the difference between a zMaul and a zVader team. I could only zeta one, so I did Vader on one account and Maul on the other. Trying out different combo's different abilities and zeta's etc is fun, try something out that is out of the norm.

Unfortunately the game is very unforgiving if you do not have the meta squad, and now with GAC and such, you need many meta squads, so what started out as fun and experimentation ended up being two meta accounts. The only thing I focus on now, is that one is completely F2P and the other one I've spent on; I dont qualify as a seal, more like a salmon, but I've spent a good amount of my disposable income on it.

Originally I started a second account to get my guild into TW (nobody signed up), but after switching to a guild that cares my alt is used for exactly this. I enjoy the game and strategy a lot, so being able to use more teams is fun, especially non meta teams.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I assume it's usually people that want to start fresh and not make the mistakes they did the first time around. For example, I have a whole pile of junky characters at g7 or so that are doing nothing except pad my GP. I personally wouldn't have 2 accounts because I waste enough of my life as it is, but I can see why people do it.

Also some people are just addicts.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    i started a new account, or better second account two weeks ago.

i started with my main account very confusing and without any structure 2.5 years ago and i am still "repairing" my confused farming.
    i spent a few bucks on him, so i wont stop playing with him.

with this second account i feel more structured and i really enjoy this game - these are my reasons for a second account.
  • So there isn't some secret I don't k ow, some people just have multiple accounts for a variety of reasons. Thanks guys!
  • I work nights and have periods where my duties are done, but have nothing to occupy my time except this game. I started an alt account because I was getting done with my dailies on my main account very quickly.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Because they wanted to is honestly the best answer.

Some people enjoy playing enough to play twice. More power to them.
  • Two accounts gives you one to play competitively with and one to use as a test account (i.e. farming up characters not deemed meta and trying them against the meta squads)
  • KevinJ2079
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Thank your for the useful information.

Kevin
    todotech20.com
  • I used to run an alt to give gear each day
  • I "twoboxed" most of the MMORPGs that I played. I liked the "follow" feature in WoW.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.