GA MATCHUP broken

peco
23 posts Member
edited August 2019
Hi, since I been doing pretty good in GA without any loss since the last GA , now I am getting matched with other divisions who have a complete different roster so I have no other possibility but to lose.
I'm a at the bottom of division 3, with 3.2 pg with a strong fleet(top20) so my characters are not super boosted but I have good depth with around 14 teams I can use, but nothing too strong ( NO DR, NO MALAK, NO PADME YET, and I just unlocked traya 2 days ago )
Since I win most of my fight when the other doesn't have malak (i was ranked 2000 before they put me against others 5 territories) , they got me paired with division 4 and 5 with 5 TERRITORY instead of the usual 6 TERRITORY I'm supposed to be fighting with.
So i got like 4-5 teams left that I can't do anything with it, wasted PG since you need to almost clear all teams the first time to win anyway. why I have to adapt to the people who have less character but that have more g12-g13 ( i have 20 g12 and they make me fight against 40 g12-g13). It also reduce the number of points i make when placing or beating other teams and it make the achievement harder to achieve!! magic!)
They often also have 300k gp + than me for character, but thats another problem.
What about continue pairing me with the roster you can compare to mine with 6 territories?!? why I have to beat smaller roster with the same power as mine, with more g12-g13 and more legendary character? your matchmaking needs some big adjustments
try to fight other players is fun
try to fight EA changing rules for making me lose is bad

Glad to see so many post about matchup unfairness , hope they will do some better math for next time
Post edited by peco on

Replies

• You know the people you were beating before? They said the same thing. It's all fine and good until you start losing then the matchups need to be tweaked. You demand it tweaked cause your losing, but when you win those people will demand it tweaked for the same reason.
  • peco
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    You know the people you were beating before? They said the same thing. It's all fine and good until you start losing then the matchups need to be tweaked. You demand it tweaked cause your losing, but when you win those people will demand it tweaked for the same reason.

you clearly dont understand the post, ill repeat it there : NUMBER OF TEAMS, the 2x more g12 , or the 300k more pg , and the numbers of legendary/zeta
  • peco wrote: »
    You know the people you were beating before? They said the same thing. It's all fine and good until you start losing then the matchups need to be tweaked. You demand it tweaked cause your losing, but when you win those people will demand it tweaked for the same reason.

you clearly dont understand the post, ill repeat it there : NUMBER OF TEAMS, the 2x more g12 , or the 300k more pg , and the numbers of legendary/zeta

I read it and I understand, you were winning cause of how you built your group up. Now you are at the top of the spear and you still want it to be easy. If you are winning more and more in gac you are going to fight tougher and tougher people, it's perfectly designed for this. Also 300k gp and more Zetas and g12s.. care to share the top 40 gp of both sides? Send pics of the opponent and yourself? Sounds like you are exaggerating or you and him have won enough to be paired up with each other and you are upset your opponent has a slight advantage.
  • peco
    23 posts Member
    to make a follow-up, I just read the new Q&A from yesterday, here are the major point they address about the fix of matchmaking

so yeah after reading this you can stop commenting Darknessignition, you will understand how ridiculous you sound , stop embarrass yourself !! :

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210733/developer-q-a-8-1/p1
    Number of teams : Will get fixed
    Q: Are you considering removing cross division matches?
    A: Tophat - Yes. We're currently investigating and determining if we should do it and how we should do it. But yes, it's an active investigation for us.
    Legendary character : Will not get fixed soon
    Q: Some characters are so much more powerful than others. Will matchmaking take this into consideration somehow?
    A: Tophat - Maybe in the future. We don't have any plans to introduce this into Matchmaking at this time. Making a matchmaking system that recognizes the state of the meta is (for us) tricky at this time. We've discussed it, but we want to see if we can make more general rule based changes first before we have to do this sort of "fixing".
    Number of g12 : Will get fixed
    Q: Are there plans to add more weight to G13 in matchmaking?
    A: Tophat - We've actually talked about making G12 carry more Galactic Power, so that it can better discriminate overall power in a collection better. We've been doing math at it for a bit, verdict is still out if this does the thing we want it to. We're investigating, but we're trying to take measured small steps - we don't want to throw a huge wrench into match making that we know a number of players are already sensitive to.
    Glad they saw most of the problems, wait & see
  • peco
    23 posts Member
    here is a pic of my adversary in GA vs my statsGA.png
  • peco
    23 posts Member
    Here is the consequence of having only 5 teams in 6 match :

6 defense i cant place : 6x 90 = 540 points

6 territory i could probably clear (around 60 points each ) : 6x 60 = 360

so thats 900 points i dont have because i compete with divison 4 and 5

anddd see what i need for the other rank : 495 points!! Thats a mess!

Capture-d-e-cran-le-2019-08-06-a-21-54-34.png
  • Dear developers! GAC matchmakeing is broken again. I have 3,6M gp my opponents got 3,9M gp i have only one g13 character, he/she got 6 of them. I think this kind of matching is not fair, and disappointing. Thanks
  • My friend, my match ups have been getting harder and harder. As we win, we move up along with others who have won. It's our job to keep winning against other winners. My current match up is really tough. I think they have the best roster in our current group. It's not a surprise, he had to win to get here. And since here, most of our rosters are similar, it is up to us to stratagize and come up with new teams and figure out the weaknesses in their roster and bolster our strengths.

That being said, I do understand the match making can be rather clumsy. Hey, we've all had it. I think it's just going to be something that's par for the course.

Good luck in GA today though!
  • ty taquillasun , they fixed alot of things in match making since the last time , now it make much more sense ! lets see and good luck to you too