Strategy For Galactic Wars

Dajackal
27 posts Member
edited December 2015
Ill start.

Target High damage first. Then healers. Opponent Heals are nice. Sometimes you need the rounds to get your heal up for next round.

Lately I have been having more success by Retreating Once any player gets low.I Sub him out.

I then also retreat when say only a Baris enemy is left. Or maybe the Wookie.

I put in a few one stars (for low damage hits, less damage means more rounds) and Sidius (for heals on him when low levels die) or A high health Character to take advantage of my Baris even out.

I also put in people i need to heal. With healers who have their heal ready.

I also use this tactic to get refresh timers back up. If only there was a way to skip turns and this would be more effective

Always retreat when you lose a man. (except when maybe playing high speed characters like Dooku. Drop him first). But Playing a man down is significant loss. Sub in a Defense up dood or even low level as they seem to be targeted first. Extra bodies to take the damage! Oooo lets call them shields. I recommend yelling "Sheilds Up!" when you use this tactic.

If sidious is low I throw him in with a bunch of my lvl 1 1*. Instant health!

When facing people 5plus levels above me. I dont even start out with my main team. I throw in a defense up character, low levels, and target high damage enemies and drop at least two before using my main team.

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've only completed 1 Galactic war out of at least 10 tries.

Ideally i plan to have two good teams to alternate.. not there yet.

Any other ways to get refreshes back to 0? This is what usually kills me. I lose track of a heal and need one. Then see i have to survive 3 rounds with no heal!
134-693-359 Full but accepting lvl 70 only

dj

Replies

• #4 is pretty good info.
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • My only recommendation for heal cooldowns; I rotate used with unused after first round. That way, have one available while other cools. After that if I ever have two heals available before needed, I'll retreat and rotate in one that needs to cooldown.
    "That is why you fail."
  • best advice I can give is if you know you are going to play the game for a while, STOP around level 43. just work on staring your main team. by staying in around 43, you might actually have a chance at finishing a GW. I'm level 52 and my last 4 GWs have failed with 4 rounds to go because I run into a team of level 58 5+* all purple gear monsters. This limits me to 400 green gems a day and my lumi is growing at a snails pace.

If you are past this point and suffering like I am, I think the best advice I have is SPEED. Speed is the #1 best thing to build for in GW (IMO of course). With having just Phasma, Dooku, and Sid you can pull off a quick assassination of your most feared non tank HP type enemy and take 1 hit in return then retreat and do it all over again. Enemy Sid, Dooku, Kylo, luke, Maul and Lumi have no chance vs these three with Phasma as the leader. A lot of times you start with Dooku and he will double, then Sid gets an extra attack. Then it's Sid's turn and he will trigger an extra attack and if its Dooku, it's probably going to be a double. Not much lives after getting hit 6 times by these guys.

SPEED SPEED SPEED. I haven't researched yet, but if anybody knows the top 10 fastest toons, please post them. Speed and extra attacks is a monster.
  • Don't follow step 3 if you have reviving healers like Old Daka and the the ewok that revives (Teebo?).
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I'll use lower level guys to go in and target the problem children so to speak. Go for Dooku and Sid for their speed, and Lum for her heal and hit.
  • xylitol0524
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Don't ever bring in low level characters if you're trying to focus down sidious because his vampiric passive will let him heal up when your C-listers die. Always use dooku's force lightning on enemy luminaras before any other target. If they don't have one, use it on the next best jedi. Retreat whenever enemy tank taunts if you've taken out their speedsters so you can focus on attackers when you come back in. Always save Talia, Chewie, Barriss for last. Talia kills herself while Barriss and Chewie help you get your cooldowns back up. If you go up against a droid team, take out IG-86 followed by IG-88.
  • GenghisDon wrote: »
    best advice I can give is if you know you are going to play the game for a while, STOP around level 43. just work on staring your main team. by staying in around 43, you might actually have a chance at finishing a GW. I'm level 52 and my last 4 GWs have failed with 4 rounds to go because I run into a team of level 58 5+* all purple gear monsters. This limits me to 400 green gems a day and my lumi is growing at a snails pace.

If you are past this point and suffering like I am, I think the best advice I have is SPEED. Speed is the #1 best thing to build for in GW (IMO of course). With having just Phasma, Dooku, and Sid you can pull off a quick assassination of your most feared non tank HP type enemy and take 1 hit in return then retreat and do it all over again. Enemy Sid, Dooku, Kylo, luke, Maul and Lumi have no chance vs these three with Phasma as the leader. A lot of times you start with Dooku and he will double, then Sid gets an extra attack. Then it's Sid's turn and he will trigger an extra attack and if its Dooku, it's probably going to be a double. Not much lives after getting hit 6 times by these guys.

SPEED SPEED SPEED. I haven't researched yet, but if anybody knows the top 10 fastest toons, please post them. Speed and extra attacks is a monster.

My "hit squad" is Ventress leader, Old Daka, Talia, Dooku and Sidious. It's going to be very effective once they are all starred up, and could possibly be exploited by retreating constantly to refresh the turn meter.

For people potentially having to match up against my team in GW: I'm sorry
  • Won my second Galactic War! Thanks guys. These Hit Squads work great + I bail every fight after taunt. Makes life much easier. SPEED SPEED SPEED!

dj
  • Toolio wrote: »
    My "hit squad" is Ventress leader, Old Daka, Talia, Dooku and Sidious. It's going to be very effective once they are all starred up, and could possibly be exploited by retreating constantly to refresh the turn meter.

For people potentially having to match up against my team in GW: I'm sorry

I use a very similar B team to snipe a character or two with hit and run tactics. I'll go with Ventress leader, Daka, Talia, Dooku, and the Nightsister Initiate. For whatever reason I ended up with the initiate at 4 stars, and she is fast and hits hard. Usually all four characters other than ventress will get hits in, then the fastest opponent character gets 1 hit. It works great hitting them 4 times to their 1 and slowly chipping away at them when they are overleveled and overpowered.

• Niminion
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have a C-assassin team with bigs, geonosian, IG-86, tusken, (4 assists) and royal guard. Takes out a target and burns their cooldowns well.
  • Dajackal
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

@ 7* Looks like Fastest in order:

Count Dooku
    Darth Sidious
    Jedi Knight Anakin
    Poggle the Lesser
    Old Daka
    Dathcha
    Talia
    Jawa
    Stormtrooper Han
    General Veers
    Luminara Unduli
    Aayla Secura
    Savage Opress
    IG-88
    Ima-Gun Di
    Kylo Ren
    Captain Phasma
    CT-5555 Fives

... see more on site. Base states is quite different

dj
  • Friend Just told me that if he encounters a tough team.. say 5+ levels

He waits till midnight. Defeats this team by whatever. Then all subsequent teams are much lower level. He said he did this 3 nights in a row (wastes two Galactic war runs, but he wanted to see what the final reward was. dissapointed he was).

I have not confirmed my self.

dj
  • I never lose a fight from 40 to 53 and occasionally I meet teams few levels above me. One trick is to send a lowbie team of 5 ppl and take all their special attack first, notoriously like Dooku, Lumin,any taunt, maul AOE.
  • Use suicide squads against teams with high fronted damage and/or Chewie. Throw the suicide squad in, they eat all the cooldowns and burst, wait for chewie to taunt, retreat and bring in your main team.

Damage is manageable and you get a free burn on whoever you need without worrying about a wasted round.