Will These Characters Show Up in IX? SPOILER (Sort of)

trevyclause
399 posts Member
edited August 2019
There’s a lot of talk that some major characters might appear in Episode IX (and not in hologram or force ghost or whatever form, actually there). Do you agree?

Will These Characters Show Up in IX? SPOILER (Sort of) 23 votes

Ahsoka Tano
8%
Ct214476Rhydia 2 votes
Ezra Bridger
4%
trevyclause 1 vote
Thrawn
39%
KyJoe_CoolWarGuy101FoxerDaPowerfulJediDarthVeritlynKookermaderQuantumsShadowNihion2Obi_juan_cannoli 9 votes
Resurrected Luke
4%
SwalkerVision 1 vote
All of them!
8%
Dal_ZubaRichfxxx 2 votes
Other
34%
CCyrilSCombatCommander7RavenclawstheatomicpunSebekNihionEffAPublicEyeDGrandMasterEpsilon 8 votes

Replies

• Ezra Bridger
    The Ezra rumors, while far fetched, make the most sense. But who knows. Thrawn, Ezra, and Ahsoka are all still around doing something, somewhere...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Other
    I vote for palpatine :smile:
  • Other
    Darth Plagueis plz
  • Probably not.
    Still not a he.
  • None of them. They would all be old and grey and useless like sad old Luke.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Other
    None of them. They would all be old and grey and useless like sad old Luke.

Are you saying Thrawn would probably Fracture his hip?
  • Thrawn
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I know it was a joke, but just an fyi Chiss age slower than humans, so Thrawn would be in fighting shape still.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Other
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I know it was a joke, but just an fyi Chiss age slower than humans, so Thrawn would be in fighting shape still.

I was actually curious about that. Thanks :smile:
  • Isn't the new Trilogy only 30 years after the first trilogy?

Mark Hamill the actor is actually quite a bit older than Luke would be (And looks it) and Ezra & Luke are the same age.

I would love to see the Rebels crew show up, or at least get some closure on what happened to Ezra/Thrawn & if Sabine & Ahsoka found him & came back.

Being force users Ezra & Ahsoka should be longer lived as well.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Other
    Isn't the new Trilogy only 30 years after the first trilogy?

Mark Hamill the actor is actually quite a bit older than Luke would be (And looks it) and Ezra & Luke are the same age.

I would love to see the Rebels crew show up, or at least get some closure on what happened to Ezra/Thrawn & if Sabine & Ahsoka found him & came back.

It would be a perfect way to set a series of stand alone movies after ep9...
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Pretty sure that's a Legends thing that hasn't been reestablished in new canon.

Heck, in old canon, humans could live for stupid long times. I think there was a two hundred year old regular human kicking around in Legends at some point.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Other
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Heck, in old canon, humans could live for stupid long times. I think there was a two hundred year old regular human kicking around in Legends at some point.

Moses lived a long time, and Genesis is still cannon lol
  • Thrawn

Like Palpatine
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Nihion2 wrote: »
    Like Palpatine
    Nah, Palpatine was 86 when he died. Then he was 92 when he died. Then he was 93 when he died.

Dude died a lot.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    If rumors of the "next" baddies in future movies are true... you will 100% see thrawn again in some form or another
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Other
    Nihion2 wrote: »
    Like Palpatine
    Nah, Palpatine was 86 when he died. Then he was 92 when he died. Then he was 93 when he died.

Dude died a lot.

True that. I’m hoping for Thrawn, but I don’t think it makes sense thematically or story wise.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Thrawn
    O this was not who we hope shows up.... tired of Horrible Empire Commanders... let Thrawn roll those little bast.... lol.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Other
    Foxer wrote: »
    O this was not who we hope shows up.... tired of Horrible Empire Commanders... let Thrawn roll those little bast.... lol.

He would make a good pivot character for them to move toward after ep9.

Between the books and the Rebels series he is somewhat well known and had a legit fan base. Also a very complex character that could really come alive in a movie (or even series of movies).

He could be the next Vader.
  • Other
    Porkins

• I kinda hope none of them return for 9. Not because any one of those characters would make it interesting, but with the way the sequels have gone, I have no faith in 9.
  • Thrawn
    Imagine if JJ just re did 8 before 9.....
  • Imagine if JJ just re did 8 before 9.....

Interesting. Thinking things over, I would say bump 7 to 8, make a new 7, then finish it off with a good 9. IMHO, FA feels kinda like the middle movie of a trilogy, than the intro movie. 8 is just a run of the mill dumpster fire.