Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Prev13456735
ShaolinPunk
3486 posts Moderator
edited October 2019
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’ve seen a lot of conversation today in response to some videos that were posted to YouTube in the last day highlighting a way to cheat in the game. These videos are a violation of the User Agreement (which everyone agrees to by playing the game), and we’d like to remind the community that cheating and violations of the User Agreement can result in suspension or a permanent ban.

As we’ve discussed before, and especially heading into Grand Arena Championships, providing a fair and fun environment for competitive play is fundamental to ensuring players can experience and enjoy the game.

We announced a series of efforts to root out cheaters prior to the launch of Grand Arena Championship:
  • Increased surveillance of leaderboard and battle data
  • A zero tolerance policy for those identified as cheaters
  • A new suite of data points and detection tools
  • Additional team member hours allocated to the detection and eradication efforts

Since the launch of Grand Arena Championships, we’ve received many reports of cheating from players. While it’s our policy to not share details related to actions taken against specific cheaters, these efforts - and your reports - have led to a 30% increase in the volume of cheaters detected and ultimately banned. At the same time, we’ve also tightened our policy around cheating, so while non-cheating (Language, Abuse, Harassment, etc) cases are dealt with on a case-by-case basis, all confirmed cheaters are perma-banned.

We aren't the first online game to deal with cheating, and we have been working with our partners - inside and outside - the studio to determine how we can do more to address this issue. While we can’t share details as we don't want to broadcast our plans to cheaters and exploiters, we are tackling this problem from all sides.

We will continue to work diligently to detect, prevent, and eliminate cheaters as a top priority. But this is an on-going game of cat and mouse - and we need your help to identify cheaters and exploits in the wild.

Ways to Report a Cheater
You can report a player directly from the game if you suspect a cheater while playing or on the forums.

Report Players on the Forums
Here on the forums, please be sure to report any and all suspicious behavior directly to CG_LucifersDaddy. We investigate all actionable reports of cheating and wherever possible, we will attempt to rectify any impact to players who report, and are found to be affected by, cheating, so that they can continue to enjoy themselves and achieve their best results. If possible, providing screenshots or video of your experience can significantly help in the investigation.

Report Players In-Game
  1. Tap on a player to bring up their profile from Chat or Guild/Ally rosters or invites.
  2. Tap Mute/Report.
  3. Choose the Report Category: Offensive Language, Offensive Name, or Cheating.
  4. Tap Confirm and then Report
vwBlqLm.jpg
reQL1PT.png

Original Post (LINK)
**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Reserved.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Good on ya for the prompt communication. However. It’s seems more needs to be done. How about that battle log players have been asking for?
  • Not convinced. Boiler plate PR statement to save your $$$. Not spending again until I see real action and some transparency. You said you had this handled earlier in the year when you announced GAC. And still don’t have this handled.
  • Thanks for getting back to us
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    You need to fix things so that people can't cheat. Not fix things so that if someone reports a cheater you can spend a week investigating before banning them.
  • Since the launch of Grand Arena Championships, we’ve received many reports of cheating from players. While it’s our policy to not share details related to actions taken against specific cheaters, these efforts - and your reports - have led to a 30% increase in the volume of cheaters detected and ultimately banned. At the same time, we’ve also tightened our policy around cheating, so while non-cheating (Language, Abuse, Harassment, etc) cases are dealt with on a case-by-case basis, all confirmed cheaters are perma-banned.

I'd be curious as to what percentage of cheaters banned since the launch of GAC were a result of these new efforts versus player reports.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Good on ya for the prompt communication. However. It’s seems more needs to be done. How about that battle log players have been asking for?
    It's definitely something we are looking into. Whether it's a battle log or exposing other data, we are discussing what we can do in the short term vs what bigger solutions we want to try to tackle.
  • Itsatrap826
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    A question regarding the picture with the post. Is this a person in question for cheating because he has a Palp led team at 27? How do you differentiate between someone who is cheating and someone who put a bad squad in to drop in the rankings so they could pick up arena wins in the GAC feats? If someone has a bad squad in arena at the top of the ranks, it doesn’t mean they are cheating necessarily.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Measures are being taken, more cheaters are being caught and plans are in motion to catch more

The outliers that escape the net need to be reported. I’m not sure why people are upset ITT that players have the ability to report cheaters.
  • I'd feel worlds better if I believed the "perma-ban".... because it's not true. 2 individuals have been reported in my arena shard and were banned for weeks, not permanently. Guess what.... they come back every time.
  • Unbelievable. You people have your heads buried so deep, that when someone tries to do YOU a service by pointing out how easy and widespread cheating is (because your anti-cheating efforts have been utterly laughable), you turn the table on them, instead of actually don't doing something about it. Any respect anyone may have had for you is sure to be gone after this charade. Absolutely pathetic.
  • A question regarding the picture with the post. Is this a person in question for cheating because he has a Palp led team at 27? How do you differentiate between someone who is cheating and someone who put a bad squad in to drop in the rankings so they could pick up wins arena wins in the GAC feats if someone is reported for having a bad squad in arena?
    The picture is just an example and not a real player I reported, but to your question, just being on the leaderboard with an odd squad is not enough to trigger an investigation. The squad would have had to do something suspicious
  • A question regarding the picture with the post. Is this a person in question for cheating because he has a Palp led team at 27? How do you differentiate between someone who is cheating and someone who put a bad squad in to drop in the rankings so they could pick up arena wins in the GAC feats? If someone has a bad squad in arena at the top of the ranks, it doesn’t mean they are cheating necessarily.

@Itsatrap826 -- it's just an image to show you the buttons. They're not saying that person is actually cheating (note they don't show the names or anything).
  • NoahScape
    126 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Zero confidence in CG not only doing anything, but having the mental capacity to do anything about it. It’s a joke, a sham, and a ripoff.

Hot garbage... GAC was the last thing I loved about this game... 3 months this game is all but dead without a fair GAC
  • i know people some people want a whole vid playback of the battle but why not an icon or tab in GAC that just shows the team used to beat your teams that are set on D?
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    y3bitvdmuq5p.jpeg
  • Shame on you CG for banning bulldog...
  • While I have seen one request handled, I have seen numerous players report on the same player without receiving a comment that the request was even received. It is so annoying it is to have a cheating player taunting you in vulgar messages. I'd really like to see a more proactive approach.
  • Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    Shame on you CG for banning bulldog...

They banned bulldog?
  • Yes... ridiculous... they should thank him... made me think they might actually do something... instead, they ban him...
  • #freebulldog
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Thank you for addressing this and good luck!

At least for the short-term, regular posts/updates on this subject would be appreciated and would probably help cool some heads.

EDIT: Wait - you banned the 2 players that exposed it? Suspension for X amount of time - maybe - for Bulldog.

I can see no argument for McMole suspension at all.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • You should be thanking the person who posted the video, reaching out to him and determining how the cheat was accomplished and what you can do to the game to prevent it the future. APK hacks can be guarded against. There is detection that can be done run time to see if an authentic APK is attempting to post fight data. The fact that's it has not been done is scary.
    People are angry because there has been 0 transparency about this and community efforts to inform have been met with threats. Get your act together and address this issue. This should be of highest priority.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    #freebulldog
    He knew the consequences of what he was doing

What else would you expect to get for cheating? A gold medal?
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    I just dont feel secure that there is productivity in this department towards prevention rather than conviction.
  • Forget storming Area 51 let’s storm CG!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    HEY WHY ARE YOU BANNING THE PEOPLE WHO EXPOSED THIS? WHY BAN MCMOLE AND BULLDOG? hey cg?

Can you ever not be terrible at everything?
This discussion has been closed.