Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Very disappointed in capital games that bulldog was banned over this. Bringing this to the attention of customers is more than fair. If CG doesn’t want to do it than let people with good intentions do it.
  • This. Rather than banning the whistleblower, address the issue.
  • Their reaction is no different then other he devs. There are many other examples of content creators getting suspended and banned for breaking the TOS.

Good to see increased bans. Hopefully we get a BattleLog as it can be challenging to tell a cheat. Like in FPS games they have spectate and replays to determine a cheater.
  • EA/CG. Are you guys crazy???
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    I disagree because we have a right of revolution. Not in a constitutional sense, but your natural right to be given equality. If something is against the common interest of everyone, then people have a right to confront this without retribution. This is not a political argument, but a humanitarian.

Now the fact that one admittedly broke the rules could imply the suspension. Awhile back they very implicitly stated a zero tolerance policy to cheating.

The problem is he could just make another account and keep cheating. My concern is that what stops someone from doing this? I do not want to hear how to report.
  • I’ve never been a fan of McMole (question of style, probably), but this way of CG handling the case makes me side with him.
  • Do the right thing. Unban MxMole2’s account. Be ethical. Take responsibility for your problems and work on them, rather than rage suspending peoples’ accounts that are looking out for the community that you are claiming to also be looking out for. Shame.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    CG and EA aren’t in touch with the community or players. Just don’t care about their paying customers, only care about getting the money. Sad, but they’ve never show any different.

They consistently make decisions that are received negatively, and then consistently they hide without comment.

We’ll hear from them in 2-3 weeks when they drop something new, but doubt we get a peep beforehand.
  • #freebulldog #freemcmole

Attack the problem, not the whistleblowers
  • Why have you perma banned the man that has pointed out the cheating. He wouldn’t have to do that if you people would get off your a—es and get this crap fixed. You all should be ashamed of yourselves and may god have mercy on your souls
  • This is nonsense! Let me make something clear: "30% increase" means nothing. 30% of 0 is still 0. If you caught 10 cheaters in a calendar year, catching 13 next year isn't impressive in a game with hundreds of thousands of accounts.
    Additionally, you banned essentially the press for exposing what was happening in the game. Before that video, I felt like there might have been a case of someone cheating against me, but let it go. After, I KNEW someone cheated against me only because I checked the numbers.
    You will not catch cheaters if the players don't know what can happen. You will not encourage trust when you ban a person that exposes bad actors. At this point, you are making only one thing clear: you will take Swift action against people that expose the weaknesses within your game.
    Stop making quick decisions. They have never worked well in the past. Remember the HSR/NS debacle? Undo this now! Apologize and fix the issue with McMole and Bulldog, or you will lose what's left of the community.
  • You would think they’d ban the cheaters... not the guys who expose cheating. Unbelievable.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    CG announcing that they will punish cheaters and whistleblowers alike is like a parent punishing both of the kids in the backseat for fighting... Even though one of the kids was reading a book and the other leaned over and smacked him on the side of the head unprovoked.

Unforced errors seem to be cg's specialty.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    Shame on you CG for banning bulldog...

Honestly, Bulldog bought the cheat app, used it repeatedly, then told everyone about it. I'm not surprised he's perma-banned.

McMole, on the other hand, should not have a month break for commenting on Bulldog's video. That's ridiculous.

Bulldog used it on an alt. They banned his main account.

McMole did nothing wrong. Banning his account for a video is stupid. What is next, banning because you sent out a tweet they dislike?
  • Free bulldog and McMole! This is absurd and shame on you CG! Your behavior is unacceptable
  • I could see the reason of banning Bulldog. Although they should have definitely banned the cheating alt. They only banned his main so far, though, which is ridiculous. Ban both or only the cheating alt. Not only his main.

McMole on the other hand did nothing violating the TOS. He made a video and commented on a problem. Nothing else. No endorsement (on the contrary), no instructions, no actual footage of the cheating program. If you ban him due to copyright stuff (showing ingame scenes)... then ban Ahnald, Mobilegamer, and every other content creator as well. Or unban McMole.
  • Sad to see people wanting to protect the game get banned, while hacking cheaters are free to continue hacking and cheating the money invested in this game.
  • @CG_SBCrumb I reported a guy in this last round for GA for having a 7* C3p0 with under G7 Ewoks, no zetas. A chewie with severely under geared BH with no zetas, and Padme at 7* with only G7/G8 Sepratists (no droids) IF I am not reconfigured for my GAC rewards this entire post is utter ****. This was clear cheating and the guy even admitted to sharing his account with a discord player who helped him with some things (a clear violation of the ToS) which I screenshotted and reported as well. Lets just hope i'm compensated for this otherwise i'll have lost all faith in your team for figuring this stuff out. (LD and Levithan have responded and let me know they are looking into it but have not heard back, seems to be cut and dry cheating has occured).
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    Shame on you CG for banning bulldog...

Honestly, Bulldog bought the cheat app, used it repeatedly, then told everyone about it. I'm not surprised he's perma-banned.

McMole, on the other hand, should not have a month break for commenting on Bulldog's video. That's ridiculous.

Bulldog used it on an alt. They banned his main account.

Yea, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to know that all his accounts were going to get nuked when he did that. He has the program, so even if he never used it on his main, he's still a cheater. [Jack Sparrow] Ya Savvy? [/Jack Sparrow]
  • This is not the way CG should be handling the hackers. Actually handling the hackers should be how they handle the hackers.
  • Paarngfig
    112 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Nothing to see here, move along... just ignore it, it will go away.

09a3pq0lg41r.jpeg

• @Ultra bulldog did not gain anything for cheating. Why are there always those who feel the need to make comments like yours?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    They can’t find bulldog’s alt which is, IMO a bit ironic

As far as mcmole goes, they can say he promoted cheating by making the video but that’s a leap in logic. Then again, I was warned once for promoting people quitting the game by saying someone quit the game on the forums.

Both leaps in logic are pretty much ****
  • To the folks at CG,
    You have gone out of your way to harm someone that was trying to help you and the community. He was presenting the truth, and you respond like Anakin...with fear and anger.

Have you looked in the mirror lately? Bulldog's motives are certainly more upright than yours. You try to provide us with a false sense of security...we focus on intergrity and fair play, spend your money on us; while all the while knowing this type of cheating was possible.

Dark times these are...

Bulldog is creative and positive. You should hire him instead of ban him.

• ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    What did they do? I don't really watch YouTube videos and I see the dozen or so threads about this but all they say is that they pointed out a flaw in the system, what flaw is it and why did they get banned for it?
  • this is wrong to ban them for posting videos and exposing the cheaters. Bull dog did it to expose the issue and stated that he lost the matches he played in so it would not affect the other players.
This discussion has been closed.