Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• I was listening to Bulldog's video, i guess I've been ignorant of the whole cheating thing...I've only reported 1 cheater in my 3 years of playing and it was a member of my own guild who was posting insane numbers in hsith without a viable squad. So how rampant do they think this hack could be? It seemed hard to tell because a couple of points difference in GAC is not much of a red flag...
    Are public battle logs a possibility?
  • I understand CG doesn't want people learning new ways to be ****, however, if the result is the whistleblowers getting banned, then they need to show us what to look for.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • So in the interest in transparency and to build confidence in the statements around investing more in catching cheaters, how about publishing regular stats (biweekly or monthly basis) supporting this?

Perhaps something like the following:

- cheaters detected
    - cheaters reported
    - percentage of reported cheaters that banned
    - percentage of detected cheaters that are banned

- number of accounts banned
    - accounts reinstated
  • The best way to restore confidence would be to add a Battle Log to make the GAC battles transparent.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    You guys really know how to throw gasoline on the fire don’t you?
  • This is, far and away, one of the biggest non-responses to an incredibly serious issue I have ever seen. While we the player base are happy to help police, we are not nor should be your first line of enforcement. Your systems should be adequate enough to detect these issues by and of themselves for the very generous investment of money many players make. I have spent thousands on this platform, but no more.

So here's my simple request. Find an adequate and accurate way to combat this problem, and communicate that thoroughly to the player base. Until that point I will no longer spend a dollar on this game. If no further action is taken I will also seek recompense through the proper channels with Apple.

Get it together CG/EA, or players like myself are finished financing this defunct venture.
  • Daihas wrote: »
    This is, far and away, one of the biggest non-responses to an incredibly serious issue I have ever seen. While we the player base are happy to help police, we are not nor should be your first line of enforcement. Your systems should be adequate enough to detect these issues by and of themselves for the very generous investment of money many players make. I have spent thousands on this platform, but no more.

So here's my simple request. Find an adequate and accurate way to combat this problem, and communicate that thoroughly to the player base. Until that point I will no longer spend a dollar on this game. If no further action is taken I will also seek recompense through the proper channels with Apple.

Get it together CG/EA, or players like myself are finished financing this defunct venture.

Right. We don’t spend money on this game to have to investigate myself if the players I meet are honest or cheaters.
  • Ziryab
    99 posts Member
    Darthmicrotransation and others that made videos about the GA mod cheat not banned?
  • The sad part is, the account used for the cheating probably didnt even get banned...because they have no idea how to find cheaters in the first place!
  • Eric73
    63 posts Member
    nwer11t9hx06.jpeg
  • This is the time to crack down on cheaters! Not the time to crack down on exposers of cheaters for violating some non-published or extremely difficult to find users agreement.

Shame on CG for attacking the whistleblowers!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    @Ultra bulldog did not gain anything for cheating. Why are there always those who feel the need to make comments like yours?
    Fame, views, because he can. Look up the history of Morris Worm, the first worm in the history of computer

There are for-profit hackers and there are hackers who exploit for notoriety
  • Jamm
    33 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    From what i understand you can cheat moderately by just decreasing your cooldowns or lifting certain values by let‘s say 25%. How do you detect someone like that as a player. You have a strange feeling that RnG is always on his side, thats all. In arena even a 1 point increase in speed or a 10% increase in evasion can give you a win.

Someone has exploited your engine. You should pay a huge bug report fee in those cases to give players an incentive to help you and not just find and exploit the game.

How often have i clicked on the wrong gear in your game, because it looks the same. How often did you have misleading items in the shop that looked to good to be true, because they just weren’t. I guess that both falls into tricking players. Have you posted the drop rates for gear on your nodes? People are buying refreshes for your premium currency on a massive basis, so you should have given us those chances ages ago. Read your own service terms for gods sake.

#freebulldog #freemcmole2
  • DSinn
    21 posts Member
    Daihas wrote: »
    This is, far and away, one of the biggest non-responses to an incredibly serious issue I have ever seen. While we the player base are happy to help police, we are not nor should be your first line of enforcement. Your systems should be adequate enough to detect these issues by and of themselves for the very generous investment of money many players make. I have spent thousands on this platform, but no more.

Their plan to suss out cheating is basically identical to what they posted on June 18th.

They also included the 30% increase in cheating "detections" and punishments which means nothing without raw numbers, and certainly doesn't indicate that those detections were the result of internal mechanisms versus simply more reports/cheating itself.

Oh, and they did add the clearly personal first few paragraphs to provide pretext for the banning/suspension.

That took them ALL day to put together. A 4:57PM post, and then the bans. There was a Crumb comment a little after 5, so hopefully he gets to clock some OT on that lol. I thought we would get a pile of eyeroll-inducing corporate-speak. Somehow we got something worse.
  • No amount of money can beat cheaters. Spend a $1000 dollars in crystals, cheaters would just get $1100 for free. CG and expecailly EA prefers damage control and public image everytime to actually fixing a problem. Anyone remember battlefront 2? EA never changes and hasn't made a good game for a long time that doesnt require hundreds of dollars to spend. Their new game just looks like a better graphically forced unleashed. Look at all the sports games they release? Spend what 60$ plus about 300-500$ to stay competitive just for the next year game to come out
  • These actions may discourage spending.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    This is the time to crack down on cheaters! Not the time to crack down on exposers of cheaters for violating some non-published or extremely difficult to find users agreement.

Shame on CG for attacking the whistleblowers!

If only CG listened to players....CG has always viewed the community as dumb or hateful. RyDiggs blew up here before, Carrie was pretty careful, but her tone sometimes. I don’t think for a second CG cares what we think, say or do...unless spending decreases.

• That's some pure garbage reasoning. Those content creators were not "highlighting a way to cheat", they were showing that it was happening. At no time did either one demonstrate how, or name the method, of cheating.

Is easier to lie and brush it under the rug than admit you have a problem.

Pathetic garbage response.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    D3M0NDAN wrote: »
    The sad part is, the account used for the cheating probably didnt even get banned...because they have no idea how to find cheaters in the first place!

The irony here is real, because that's exactly whats going on. Especially with others that have been cheating for years now, and never been caught, because their "Auto" system is a lie, a fake promise. They appear to have been using us as their only detection platform while they let cheaters do whatever they wanted.

Cause more people losing means more people spending.
  • #teamBulldog
    #noMoreMoney
  • I feel duped... I feel like their message to us about cracking down on cheating and their new “tools” was meant to foster the idea that they were actually trying to do something about the rampant cheating and keeping the game’s integrity. I feel like it was lip service to keep me gambling... er... spending...
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    These actions may discourage spending.

Horribly bad PR while the game is in bad spot is a huge mistake. Fix this CG, I don’t want this game to end!!!
  • Be careful. This thread might mysteriously disappear like the others that got purged.
  • Just sad. They hurt your feelings by pointing out a huge flaw and confirming what we ALL know is happening and you take your ball and go home. Very grade school, verrrrry sad. #freebulldog #freemcmole
  • Yeah..... I'm thinking that is the best move for the player base to support the people that protected their "investments". If they can ban bulldog and mcmole I can (and will) ban my credit card from google play. Losing revenue is the best way to show disapproval of how this was handled. Cheating for the defense of the playerbase is different than personal advancement.

I hope that more people will take an active stance in this as well.
  • They didn't ban DarthMicro for showing the mod exploit which is also considered cheating, why isn't he banned?
    Lets be honest, Lego Star Wars the Skywalker saga is going to be more polished, fun and overall better than Swgoh could ever be
  • This is a garbage response to the videos. Especially since McMole never cheated but only showed what bulldog did.

Rather than acknowledging and addressing the problem you'd rather point fingers elsewhere.

Pure garbage.

#freemcmole
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • huanaku
    21 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Daihas wrote: »
    This is, far and away, one of the biggest non-responses to an incredibly serious issue I have ever seen.

The main post really didn't tell us anything new, the reason for forcing youtube to pull the video is laughable, and the action to ban bulldog is severe, especially given what he actually did and his past contributions to this game. This has been a known exploit for years yet little (at least publicly) has been done to combat it. Hopefully the public exposure causes CG to address it more effectively.
  • Great way to show your stance on the game.

Why should I spend if cheaters can cheat there way to victory.

#nomoremoney
    #freemcmole
    #team bulldog
This discussion has been closed.