Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    I’m going to report every single player I’m up against in GAC, win or lose. Because you know, someone could be trying to cheat subtly and underestimated the damage multiplier he needed to apply. It is so easy to cheat, you have made it impossible to trust anyone. Good luck working through a tsunami of reports coming your way CG.
  • CG can't dodge this issue anymore though. This conversation won't go away until something is done and these cheaters get caught.

If they do try to ignore it now, they should just switch the servers off, because this game is dead.
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    Once again cg goes overboard by banning coverage of YouTube personalities accounts because they discussed it... Way to go guys and gals! Way to go!

Ya let's ban the people who uncovered the cheating and not the cheaters way to go CG that ship is pretty tight
  • I guess there’s only 3 in life that are certain! Death, taxes and EA/CG doing the wrong thing!
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    It's come off of the rails at this point. The only thing keeping me playing is that I have invested nearly four years into the game.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    They didn't ban DarthMicro for showing the mod exploit which is also considered cheating, why isn't he banned?
    Exploit is taking advantage of a bug in the code to your advantage aka bad game design

Hacking is using third party tools to gain favorable advantage that is not allowed such as infinite crystals, credits, unlimited turn meter

Hacking and exploiting are different things

CG is to blame for the mod exploit, bulldog is to be blamed for intentionally modifying the game with unauthorized use
  • Classy move CG, ban the people working against the cheating..... I'll never spend another cent
  • Poor form. Why should anyone spend another dime on this game?
  • Honestly don't have anything to say to this other than f*ck you CG... Apparently you are now so petty you are outright banning those who are trying to call attention to blatant flaws in your game? Your game is hemorrhaging players and all you are doing is making it worse.
  • #freemcmole
    Why are you banning the guy who did nothing. Your stance towards the community is horrible your attitude needs to change or you will find yourself without any players. There are other games out there
  • Censorship is the tool of those who have the need to hide actualities from themselves and from others. Their fear is only their inability to face what is real, and I can't vent any anger against them; I only feel this appalling sadness. Somewhere in their upbringing, they were shielded against the total facts of our existence.

Charles Bukowski
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    Unbelievable. You people have your heads buried so deep, that when someone tries to do YOU a service by pointing out how easy and widespread cheating is (because your anti-cheating efforts have been utterly laughable), you turn the table on them, instead of actually don't doing something about it. Any respect anyone may have had for you is sure to be gone after this charade. Absolutely pathetic.

Classic CG! Your detection tools are complete garbage and 2 people point out how bad your product sucks and you ban them for making you look bad. You can fall back on your EULA but since you obviously can’t detect actual cheating you chose to ban the whistleblowers and are lashing out at them for making you look bad.

I know there is no protection for whistle blowers in the context of this game but if you had any morale compass you wouldn’t ban these whistleblowers and swallow or pride and actually work on fixing this joke of a game!

Confession: I haven’t read the EULA( like 99% of your users) so why don’t you waste a few more hrs coming up with a loophole to ban me from this game for telling you that your game sucks!
  • Ragnir
    118 posts Member
    I've been playing this game since launch and have spent several hundred dollars over the years. Making good choices and being focused has pulled me through most of the time, but GA has exposed the player base to cheaters and CG has not been able to stop them. I have reported 1 player, but now I feel like the integrity of play has been compromised to an extent that I was not aware of. Banning McMole and bulldog was petty. CG needs to own up to its failures and make good with the player base instead of banning the people who help us with team comps. Im done spending.
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    What exactly are we supposed to be looking out for? Apparently the only people that showed us got banned and their videos taken down, are we not supposed to actually be told how people are cheating? Kind of seems backwards, "look out for people cheating and report them,"
    "Okay what do we look out for?"
    "You aren't allowed to know that and we'll ban anyone who tries to tell you."

I don't watch any YouTubers play this game or anything so I have no idea what the bulldog and other dude did, but it sounds like they just showed us what to look out for, is that not right? Is there anyway of finding out what they did so we actually know?

Or is this going to turn into just report anytime you lose because you don't know if they cheated or not?
  • Thanks for the support guys.
  • ssj4tim wrote: »
    What exactly are we supposed to be looking out for? Apparently the only people that showed us got banned and their videos taken down, are we not supposed to actually be told how people are cheating? Kind of seems backwards, "look out for people cheating and report them,"
    "Okay what do we look out for?"
    "You aren't allowed to know that and we'll ban anyone who tries to tell you."

I don't watch any YouTubers play this game or anything so I have no idea what the bulldog and other dude did, but it sounds like they just showed us what to look out for, is that not right? Is there anyway of finding out what they did so we actually know?

Or is this going to turn into just report anytime you lose because you don't know if they cheated or not?

I only heard the audio but sounds like bulldog might have made the mistake of posting too much info that would allow more people to choose to cheat. If that was the case a slap on the wrist might be warranted. McMole just shined the light on what bulldog posted and got a 28 day ban(overkill)
  • Gotta say, your response to this CG and is nothing short of appalling. I understand that technically bulldog was cheating, but we ALL know he was simply highlighting a serious flaw in the game. Whilst I'd agree maybe a short term ban is acceptable (yes, he did cheat, regardless) - but Mcmole certainly didn't. I read your user agreement - and I cant find anywhere where McMole breached it? He wasn't the one cheating - so how come he gets banned also? Can you show everyone just WHERE in your user agreement that McMole breached it??? - I challenge you.

So.... CG's response is to shoot the messengers???

Don't you think a professional response would have been to thank the people for bringing to your attention - so you could FIX it??? (and ensure people are getting value for money in your game?) If there was something wrong in my business - I would LOVE people to bring it to my attention, again - so I know about it, and can FIX the issue! I would be thanking them profusely - not banning them for actually HELPING me improve my business by pointing out a serious issue. But maybe that's just me...

Punishing the people who brought the issue to your attention just seems petty, and beyond ridiculous. Thats the last $$$ you'll see from me till these guys are re-instated. I hope everyone shows their displeasure by not spending any more money, till the people are reinstated, and the cheat is fixed.

Absolutely the worst response I've ever seen from a game developer. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. :-(
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    C'mon CG, make it better. Contingency: Release logs of battles. Long term: Develop a way to identify this.
  • Hmmmmm, if you guys were half as concerned to make this game cheat-proof than you were about finding ways to monetize everything and anything in the game, you wouldn't have YouTubers pointing out your programing flaws 🤔
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Thanks for the support guys.

Thank YOU!
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They didn't ban DarthMicro for showing the mod exploit which is also considered cheating, why isn't he banned?
    Exploit is taking advantage of a bug in the code to your advantage aka bad game design

Hacking is using third party tools to gain favorable advantage that is not allowed such as infinite crystals, credits, unlimited turn meter

Hacking and exploiting are different things

CG is to blame for the mod exploit, bulldog is to be blamed for intentionally modifying the game with unauthorized use

The account Bulldog1205 did absolutely nothing wrong.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Would have been nice if Crumb stuck around and gave some substantive answers, explaining why they chose to ban two content creators for bringing more light to the situation seems like the right thing to do for the community (unbanning them is the right thing really). Also why they think it’s okay to not let people (some who spend a lot of money) know if the person that just cheated them out of rewards is being dealt with and, and players cheated on should also receive the rewards they otherwise would have.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Wow, so there's apparently yet another cheat/exploit in the game that could totally invalidate everything I've put into this game. Great. Now, by simply winning GA matches, if reported, I'll have to worry abt being banned because ppl can't see how easily I beat their teams!? There's so much wrong with this situation.
    Add a playback or at least some info about what ppl used to beat Their teams. Normal players, who didn't evenknow this was a thing, should never have to worry about being reported and/or banned. And you know that after this point every loss will be reported as a cheater from now on.
    mostly because ppl can't see how they lost.
    Has any thought been given into this?
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    The ban hammer is going hard at CG against youtuber:

Mobile gamer got pressure to stop covering msf and a letter from CG to silence him

Warrior was banned (and reintroduce) to a special discord server

Bulldog is perma-ban for pointing out how easy cheating is (we all truly knew that since the championship that we had 2 years ago)

Mcmole is tempo ban for commenting bulldog information

What does CG have against youtuber? They’re not coming out to get you!

Thanks 4 opening are eyes and hopefully cg will come to there sences and give your account back!
  • Regardless of your PR response regarding cheating in GAC, the fact that you’ve punished those who are trying to expose what you’ve been promising to fix is both pathetic and ridiculous. There’s nothing wrong with holding EA accountable for the consistent inaction and failure to come through on what’s promised, especially given how much money is spent by your dedicated base. Perhaps an organized financial boycott of the game for a little while might get some attention?

58lgjaf1g255.jpg
This discussion has been closed.