Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

  • Options
    Don't kill the messenger(s) CG!
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Don't shoot the messenger.

    Bulldog showed that there's a problem in the game and CG is not adequately addressing it. I understand that that is a message CG doesn't like to hear, and definitely doesn't want the community to hear. The post detailing how you are addressing it makes sense, but slapping the whistleblower with a permban is wrong. Revert these bans!

    PS. By all means do ban Bulldog's alt account that he cheated with, as *cheaters* should be punished.
  • Options
    it35a0yb4fx2.jpg
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb What about all the cheater you KNOW cheated and returned a couple of times after being banned for a month? Do you perma-ban them retroactively? Or are they spending enough money so that they only get a little patting?
  • Options
    Yeah ridiculous to ban whistleblowers while there are known cheats still freely playing away. CG needs to get its house in order or there is going to be a serious walk-away from players fed up of this kind of cr*p over and above what they can tolerate for the sake of some Star Wars "fun"
  • Ninho
    92 posts Member
    Options
    It's just easier to kill the messenger. Fortunately, everyone knows right now and hopefully CG will increase the efforts against cheating.
    I think it was the same case when you could change mods during tw/ga. Only after the detailed tutorial on Youtube they bug was fixed (took over a year if I'm correct)
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Don't kill the messenger(s) CG!

    The message just contains people claiming how easy cheating is.
    Engaging people in cheating and against the TOS.
    No, the message said « it’s easy to cheat, do something, CG ! »

    This is not encouraging people to cheat - both were pretty vocal about speaking against it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Don't kill the messenger(s) CG!

    The message just contains people claiming how easy cheating is.
    Engaging people in cheating and against the TOS.

    Why do you feel the need to take such a hard line against him (bulldog)? You are correct that cheating is against tos, that can't be argued. But do you not appreciate the value of what he did to help us all in the long run by shining so much light on the situation?

    CG absolutely is within their rights to ban him, but they also have the right to exercise discretion.

    I'm just curious why your stance is so rigid in this situation.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Don't kill the messenger(s) CG!

    The message just contains people claiming how easy cheating is.
    Engaging people in cheating and against the TOS.

    Why do you feel the need to take such a hard line against him (bulldog)? You are correct that cheating is against tos, that can't be argued. But do you not appreciate the value of what he did to help us all in the long run by shining so much light on the situation?

    CG absolutely is within their rights to ban him, but they also have the right to exercise discretion.

    I'm just curious why your stance is so rigid in this situation.

    welcome to why I never read his posts :D He's always been like this to everyone :D
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Don't kill the messenger(s) CG!

    The message just contains people claiming how easy cheating is.
    Engaging people in cheating and against the TOS.

    Why do you feel the need to take such a hard line against him (bulldog)? You are correct that cheating is against tos, that can't be argued. But do you not appreciate the value of what he did to help us all in the long run by shining so much light on the situation?

    CG absolutely is within their rights to ban him, but they also have the right to exercise discretion.

    I'm just curious why your stance is so rigid in this situation.

    I am not against anyone personally.
    I am just spitting facts. And in fact, cheating is a permanent ban. They can't just reverse there stance, because people want it that way or because he just cheated to prove his point.
    I could burn a house now, to prove it burns. That doesn't make my actions right.

    Yes, what you say are facts. But it's also a fact that they have the right to use their TOS at their discretion. They didn't HAVE to ban, they CHOSE to.

    I'm just curious why you agree with their decision.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Don't kill the messenger(s) CG!

    The message just contains people claiming how easy cheating is.
    Engaging people in cheating and against the TOS.

    Why do you feel the need to take such a hard line against him (bulldog)? You are correct that cheating is against tos, that can't be argued. But do you not appreciate the value of what he did to help us all in the long run by shining so much light on the situation?

    CG absolutely is within their rights to ban him, but they also have the right to exercise discretion.

    I'm just curious why your stance is so rigid in this situation.

    I am not against anyone personally.
    I am just spitting facts. And in fact, cheating is a permanent ban. They can't just reverse there stance, because people want it that way or because he just cheated to prove his point.
    I could burn a house now, to prove it burns. That doesn't make my actions right.

    Yes, what you say are facts. But it's also a fact that they have the right to use their TOS at their discretion. They didn't HAVE to ban, they CHOSE to.

    I'm just curious why you agree with their decision.

    Because this video didn't shine any light on that situation. I do know cheating is possible and I do know that there is no easy solution to get rid of it.
    Since most write kitten stuff and want cg to remove cheating completely, I see no reason to not go against that complaining hord.

    So you don't think cheating has been made a huge topic of interest today?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Don't kill the messenger(s) CG!

    The message just contains people claiming how easy cheating is.
    Engaging people in cheating and against the TOS.

    Why do you feel the need to take such a hard line against him (bulldog)? You are correct that cheating is against tos, that can't be argued. But do you not appreciate the value of what he did to help us all in the long run by shining so much light on the situation?

    CG absolutely is within their rights to ban him, but they also have the right to exercise discretion.

    I'm just curious why your stance is so rigid in this situation.

    I am not against anyone personally.
    I am just spitting facts. And in fact, cheating is a permanent ban. They can't just reverse there stance, because people want it that way or because he just cheated to prove his point.
    I could burn a house now, to prove it burns. That doesn't make my actions right.

    Yes, what you say are facts. But it's also a fact that they have the right to use their TOS at their discretion. They didn't HAVE to ban, they CHOSE to.

    I'm just curious why you agree with their decision.

    Because this video didn't shine any light on that situation. I do know cheating is possible and I do know that there is no easy solution to get rid of it.
    Since most write kitten stuff and want cg to remove cheating completely, I see no reason to not go against that complaining hord.

    So you don't think cheating has been made a huge topic of interest today?

    That doesn't speed things up at cg.
    I see no reason for cg to not implement or update there cheating detection if they could. So all this created was an unnecessary outrage.

    They are a multi million dollar company. They are very capable of doing more, if they choose.
  • Options
    Putting aside CG’s questionable action against Bulldog and McMole, I would really like to hear the developers address the central problem here, which isn’t merely cheating. It is the Galactic Arena Championship itself. The real problem is that they have created a game mode where the normal recourse for policing cheating, the community itself, simply can’t work. In arena, a shard chat can collectively police cheating when someone shows up with an under geared and poorly modded Traya squad and starts beating top Darth Revans. That can be reported because everyone can see exactly what team they are using and provide clear evidence. I’ve seen that happen in my shard, and the cheaters were eventually banned. But that doesn’t work in GAC because we can only guess as to what the opponent is using based on their entire roster. If someone is smart and cheats just enough to win each round instead of never losing a banner, it is virtually impossible to even tell they are cheating, let alone provide clear evidence to provoke an investigation. You don’t want to assume everyone who beats you is cheating, but you simply have no way to know. The game mode is broken. This is what Bulldog and McMole were really getting at. CG simply does not have any way to effectively police cheating with GAC. Arena was policeable. GAC is not. You want to shift the primary competitive game mode to GAC, yet you have no effective way to police it like you do arena. Acknowledge the problem and do something about it, for God’s sake.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Don't kill the messenger(s) CG!

    The message just contains people claiming how easy cheating is.
    Engaging people in cheating and against the TOS.

    Why do you feel the need to take such a hard line against him (bulldog)? You are correct that cheating is against tos, that can't be argued. But do you not appreciate the value of what he did to help us all in the long run by shining so much light on the situation?

    CG absolutely is within their rights to ban him, but they also have the right to exercise discretion.

    I'm just curious why your stance is so rigid in this situation.

    I am not against anyone personally.
    I am just spitting facts. And in fact, cheating is a permanent ban. They can't just reverse there stance, because people want it that way or because he just cheated to prove his point.
    I could burn a house now, to prove it burns. That doesn't make my actions right.

    Yes, what you say are facts. But it's also a fact that they have the right to use their TOS at their discretion. They didn't HAVE to ban, they CHOSE to.

    I'm just curious why you agree with their decision.

    Because this video didn't shine any light on that situation. I do know cheating is possible and I do know that there is no easy solution to get rid of it.
    Since most write kitten stuff and want cg to remove cheating completely, I see no reason to not go against that complaining hord.

    So you don't think cheating has been made a huge topic of interest today?

    That doesn't speed things up at cg.
    I see no reason for cg to not implement or update there cheating detection if they could. So all this created was an unnecessary outrage.

    This outrage is fully justified. The kind of cheating demonstrated as possible, easy, and to go undetected for as long as two months, has been know for over three years. It is not acceptable that CG proclaims to take a hard stance on cheating and to have improved their cheat tracking possibilities, and that two months later we discover that a known way of cheating is still going on, as undetected as before.

    Outrage is also justified by the fact EA/CG simply try to shove the issue under the rug, rather than address it.
  • Franke
    127 posts Member
    Options
    FUBAR! Devs must be drunk, very strange move to ban McMole!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    Don't kill the messenger(s) CG!

    The message just contains people claiming how easy cheating is.
    Engaging people in cheating and against the TOS.

    Why do you feel the need to take such a hard line against him (bulldog)? You are correct that cheating is against tos, that can't be argued. But do you not appreciate the value of what he did to help us all in the long run by shining so much light on the situation?

    CG absolutely is within their rights to ban him, but they also have the right to exercise discretion.

    I'm just curious why your stance is so rigid in this situation.

    welcome to why I never read his posts :D He's always been like this to everyone :D

    I get it now
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Its one thing to win a few match, its another to be rank 1 of division one.

    Its one thing to beat a bad or careless player. Its another to beat all the other great players around.

    Again, he’s either cheating or matchmaking is broken. Either way, it’s not good.
  • Options
    Good for you CG, a start is a start
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    nothing changed, same message as before. bulldog got himself banned for nothing beneficial (except for maybe the boost in popularity). Only difference now is that people are all up in arms over something they didnt even notice all this time. Woohoo !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Kalo wrote: »
    y3bitvdmuq5p.jpeg

    Not sure anything starwars related could sum up CG better right now...
This discussion has been closed.