Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Not a fan of the current solution. You guys are gonna receive thousands of reports every day. There are lots of soar loosers playing this game, quick to call anybody a cheater when they loose... I think your shooting yourselves in the foot here.
    Being able to watch the defensive matches is the best solution IMO

And your saying what every single cheater would say..... “he was just sore looser blah blah nothing to see here im legit”

While cheating
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    ...bulldog had my sympathy until I just saw a post on FB saying that he is going to broadcast the hack to everyone if they don’t reverse the ban....this is stupid. He knew the risk he took and he has to live with the consequences, but to try and burn down the entire game is incredibly childish and petty. He deserves the ban if this is how he’s gonna act. For shame.
    blackmailing lol
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    ...bulldog had my sympathy until I just saw a post on FB saying that he is going to broadcast the hack to everyone if they don’t reverse the ban....this is stupid. He knew the risk he took and he has to live with the consequences, but to try and burn down the entire game is incredibly childish and petty. He deserves the ban if this is how he’s gonna act. For shame.
    blackmailing lol

Ohhh more towing
  • It's telling when the forums are more interesting than the game.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    It's telling when the forums are more interesting than the game.

This x100000
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    It's telling when the forums are more interesting than the game.

I've felt this way, with increasing frequency, for months.

I, for one, am glad of the whole cheating-thing, and CG's lack of a robust response to it (as compared with their all-hands-on-deck banning of folks who dare to point it out)...whatever motivation I had to bang my head against the wall of impossible matchups in GAC, or spend money in the game to assist in such regard, is gone.
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Nevermind
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We aren't the first online game to deal with cheating, and we have been working with our partners - inside and outside - the studio to determine how we can do more to address this issue. While we can’t share details as we don't want to broadcast our plans to cheaters and exploiters, we are tackling this problem from all sides.

You could just fix it. Here is one way -

1. Emit parts of the fight as events.
    2. Encrypt with a public key.
    3. Send encrypted data.
    4. Let fights finish as normal.
    5. In a separate process or service, decrypt the fight and evaluate odds. Use the server side data together with the local, now decrypted data.
    6. If the odds of some event(s) are unrealistic (could be as low as zero), take action.

For example, a single hit is higher than possible with known server side stats. Emitted stats are higher than server side.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    blackmailing lol

Ohhh more towing

Lol just deny everything instead of addressing it, are you a CG employee?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Wow. Popcorn needed.

That said. Cheater filming himself cheating to expose cheating is not the right way to expose the issue.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I dont know bulldog, but the path he chose was poor.

Far better ways exist than the path shown to get the word out.

Now McMole ban is dumb. Thats a big PR issue and will result in anger. That needs to be fixed now.

On to CG.

So you guys want to have more communication with the community.... ok where are you?

Lets talk. Get in here. Discuss the rational. Defend your positions. Talk about fixes. Hear valid customer feedback and act accordingly.

Why are you silent other than an inital thread and 1 reply?

The concern is you dont have a detection system in place as a cheater not winning on purpose manages to not be caught until he posts a video on it to alert the communty of the issue.

So what will you do about the issue.

Give me confidence so i can feel good about spending money on the game.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Wow. Popcorn needed.

That said. Cheater filming himself cheating to expose cheating is not the right way to expose the issue.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I dont know bulldog, but the path he chose was poor.

Now McMole ban is dumb. Thats a big PR issue and will result in anger. That needs to be fixed now.

On to CG.

So you guys want to have more communication with the community.... ok where are you?

Lets talk. Get in here. Discuss the rational. Defend your positions. Talk about fixes. Hear valid customer feedback and act accordingly.

The concern is you dont have a detection system in place as a cheater not winning on purpose manages to not be caught until he posts a video on it to alert the communty of the issue.

Whoever has the computer must be sleeping on the job. They are gonna wake up to a nightmare.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Wow. Popcorn needed.

On to CG.

Whoever has the computer must be sleeping on the job. They are gonna wake up to a nightmare.

If you think they care about what's discussed in these mega threads beyond their initial announcement and first hour of responding to select questions you are quite wrong. Past the first few replies it's all just about letting people vent then sweeping it aside. See 90% of mega threads, this is all that happens.
  • Over 1,000 signatures on change.org petition... keep up the good work on the light side of the force :)
  • Did you guys check who won division 1?!? That guy doesn’t even have Malak.

With all the discussion around cheating, it’s kind of sad that even the winner of GAC is obviously a cheater...!
  • The cheating account is still active because they don’t know how to find it. Unless he actually tells them the account, he can use it as much as he wants. The anti-cheating posts that CG makes are just a way to try and convince people that they are control of the situation. They’re not.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Not a fan of the current solution. You guys are gonna receive thousands of reports every day. There are lots of soar loosers playing this game, quick to call anybody a cheater when they loose... I think your shooting yourselves in the foot here.
    Being able to watch the defensive matches is the best solution IMO

And your saying what every single cheater would say..... “he was just sore looser blah blah nothing to see here im legit”

While cheating

OOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR it's someone who actually wants the cheating to stop and realizes that with the slew of false reports (like the guy complaining about the reviving nightsisters earlier in this thread and calling it a cheat) will hinder them from actually identifying cheaters. It will become MORE prevalent.
  • I was more bothered by loosing cause of two game freezes then by cheaters...Though Bulldog made me aware what to look out for! Please unban him from this game!
  • Somebody had posted this before, but I think it’s important to reiterate it… One of the things that CG wrote to us what is the question “can this exploit be reproduced?” It then asks for screenshots or videos. This encourages people to do exactly what bulldog did.
  • SherveenEvergreen
    65 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Sigh, it's the usual call to arms on this forum. It's a humanitarian question? You have a right to revolt? Get real. To put it bluntly: you're granted a license to EA intellectual property. So were the guys who posted the videos. The license can be revoked at any time by EA, everybody here agreed to that. So you basically have no right to revolt. You have the right to quit. The guys who posted the videos actually violated the TOS, hence the permanent ban and the temporary ban.

Instead of reporting the issue, they decided to inform everybody how easy it is and thereby driving more people to cheat. The first guy actually did cheat. Not a whistleblower but someone who turned himself in. So what. Zero tolerance. Everybody knew that.

#Freemcmole? What are you? Sad you missed out on #freekevin 20 years ago?
  • I think that language is vague and is enough for one of cg’s Bosses to allow for a pardon to quell this uproar... it’s something to hang your hat on at least.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Sigh, it's the usual call to arms on this forum. It's a humanitarian question? You have a right to revolt? Get real. To put it bluntly: you're granted a license to EA intellectual property. So were the guys who posted the videos. The license can be revoked at any time by EA, everybody here agreed to that. So you basically have no right to revolt. You have the right to quit. The guys who posted the videos actually violated the TOS, hence the permanent ban and the temporary ban.

Instead of reporting the issue, they decided to inform everybody how easy it is and thereby driving more people to cheat. The first guy actually did cheat. Not a whistleblower but someone who turned himself in. So what. Zero tolerance. Everybody knew that.

Yikes.
  • Banning Bulldogs alt makes sense to me as that account did break the TOS and use a hack.

Banning his real account? And Suspending McMole? Eh?

I mean Mobilelamer does a slanderous hatchet job against one of your outgoing employees and is making videos again the next day without repercussion.

Methinks this company has its priorities backwards. Glad I don't work for it.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    When will CG tell us how this will be PREVENTED from continuing to be used?

When will this exploit get closed? Why was it open this whole time when you were notified it existed? Why did a community member have to go to such an extreme to prompt a response?

These questions EA needs to be asking CG.
  • Sigh, it's the usual call to arms on this forum. It's a humanitarian question? You have a right to revolt? Get real. To put it bluntly: you're granted a license to EA intellectual property. So were the guys who posted the videos. The license can be revoked at any time by EA, everybody here agreed to that. So you basically have no right to revolt. You have the right to quit. The guys who posted the videos actually violated the TOS, hence the permanent ban and the temporary ban.

I disagree and think you are making this issue way too simplistic... there are complicating factors. I would agree with you more readily if this game did not have any purchases attached to it and was completely free to play. This is obviously not the case and the June 18th post was an attempt to obfuscate the degree that cheating occurred and an attempt to foster the idea that this cheating was under control. The motivation behind the message and the timing one can only guess. The timing - right as new content was being released - combined with the videos that showed how inaccurate that June 18th post was. Please stop oversimplifying this issue.
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    I love this game, and if I am being honest I am probably addicted to it. The fact that a whistleblower and someone who gave a commentary on the whistleblowing are being treated more harshly than cheaters is extremely disheartening.

Mod swapping loop hole and now this. Don't really feel CG is too worried about the integrity of this game.

I would like two things. Bulldog and McMole reinstated and some real proof, like a list of names, of cheaters that have been weeded out. None of my guild mates, allies or fellow shard competitors, fleet and arena, have been banned. So to my knowledge the total bans to this point is two.

Again in summary, CG I would like to see verifiable proof that you are on top of this.
This discussion has been closed.