Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• miketo
    139 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Mol_Kelly wrote: »
    #freebulldog
    He knew the consequences of what he was doing

What else would you expect to get for cheating? A gold medal?

I would expect the account that cheated to be banned, not the guy's main account. This reeks of desperation of CG trying to hide their incompetence. A warning to anyone else that is aware cheating is rampant in the game. Accept it and play with morals and suffer the consequences of losing on occasion as a result. Above all, keep quiet and don't embarrass CG or suffer the consequences.
  • Zah_keem23
    63 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So Bulldog was banned from this game for exposing/exploiting something that, those who shall not be named, were not capable of fixing. My only question is this. How, asa community, can we stand up for Bulldog...furthermore, how can we take back more control of what’s happening in SWGOH? The community shells out millions of dollars for this experience. We get treated horribly in return, yet our spending expectations remain at an all time high. Let’s band together, and let’s get this game back on track.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Nah
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I didn’t need to read this.

You signed the TOS, unfortunately, which gives you little power besides not spending.
  • Yeah. Those lovely TOS.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    he cheated, admitted it and put the evidence on video, the ban should stand.
    you have no way of proving he never cheated on his main account
    the forum yesterday was complaining that CG was taking no action on cheaters. they ban someone who admitted to cheating and the forum yet again complains that he was banned
    hypocrites comes to mind
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Bulldog posted video evidence of him cheating, which also taught other people how to cheat.

Bulldog got banned for cheating and teaching people how to cheat.

Why is this an outrage? Why is this surprising? This is literally what we've been asking for.

Part of good faith anti-cheating measures is an information war, to keep cheating methods from becoming general knowledge. Secrecy is one of the essential tools. That includes zapping how-to-cheat instruction manuals on YouTube. And regardless of what Bulldog's intentions were and what small pieces of information he left out, that's exactly what he posted.
    Still not a he.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Gair wrote: »
    When will CG tell us how this will be PREVENTED from continuing to be used?

When will this exploit get closed? Why was it open this whole time when you were notified it existed? Why did a community member have to go to such an extreme to prompt a response?

These questions EA needs to be asking CG.

You can't be serious.

100% spent too much money on this for the cheating to continue to happen. A lot of events around the corner with clones and malak. If I'm going to spend anything it will be with complete certainty this is no longer happening.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    When will CG tell us how this will be PREVENTED from continuing to be used?

When will this exploit get closed? Why was it open this whole time when you were notified it existed? Why did a community member have to go to such an extreme to prompt a response?

These questions EA needs to be asking CG.

You can't be serious.

100% spent too much money on this for the cheating to continue to happen. A lot of events around the corner with clones and malak. If I'm going to spend anything it will be with complete certainty this is no longer happening.

Then don’t spend, it’s the only power you have.

I honestly don’t know why anyone comes here to complain anymore, just use the power you have to make a complaint.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    All they needed was admission. They didnt even need the video to ban. You cant really fight for anyone when they are literally declaring guilt.

I dont agree with the ban, because he states he notified CG on this and they didnt communicate. If you report something this severe and no communication, then I understand he felt obligated to expose it.
  • Gair wrote: »
    All they needed was admission. They didnt even need the video to ban. You cant really fight for anyone when they are literally declaring guilt.

I dont agree with the ban, because he states he notified CG on this and they didnt communicate. If you report something this severe and no communication, then I understand he felt obligated to expose it.

I’m along this line of thinking. I believe if they had knowledge of this but brushed it off and bulldog simply took it in his own hands then a permanent ban is too far and is then simply covering their own tracks.
  • saZam
    11 posts Member
    I don't understand why bulldog didn't use an alias to post his video... He used an alt account not linked to him for the cheating and if only he would have posted it under an alias not linked to him then he would have been fine, but he wanted the publicity of making the post. You gotta walk the walk if you gonna talk the talk. Dumb move by Bulldog.
  • saZam
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Everyone should literally report any battle they are in and just overwhelm CG's current cheating prevention method just to give them the middle finger.

If they wanted to create Grand Arena and actually have it competitive they need real solutions to prevent cheating, and that can't be by piggy backing off the consumers of the game. That's just lazy.

And stop spending money on the game that allows cheaters to thrive. That's ultimately going to lead them to do something. As long as they make money, they don't care. If they stop making money, then they care.

#F2P #FREE MCMOLE
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Nihion wrote: »

You signed the TOS, unfortunately, which gives you little power besides not spending.

out of pure curiosity, has a TOS for any game ever stood up in court? Or is it just presumed a given? I could put up a TOS on my site saying "Any game I play owes me... blah blah blah". Which would never stand up. Just curious.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    saZam wrote: »
    Everyone should literally report any battle they are in and just overwhelm CG's current cheating prevention method just to give them the middle finger.

Honestly, why would people try to do that? We need to work with CG on this, because we don't want cheating in the game.

Let's be clear here: CG also doesn't want cheating in this game, because who is going to spend in a game when cheating is rampant? I honestly think that CG are working hard on this, but haven't come up with a method to automate finding cheaters, at this point, but that doesn't mean they aren't nearing a hot fix for it that will detect suspicious gameplay.

That said, I get the feelings that you've got right now, but lets not cut our noses off to spite our faces.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I don't understand why bulldog didn't use an alias to post his video... He used an alt account not linked to him for the cheating and if only he would have posted it under an alias not linked to him then he would have been fine, but he wanted the publicity of making the post. You gotta walk the walk if you gonna talk the talk. Dumb move by Bulldog.
    Why do YouTubers in general cause drama and controversy?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

out of pure curiosity, has a TOS for any game ever stood up in court? Or is it just presumed a given? I could put up a TOS on my site saying "Any game I play owes me... blah blah blah". Which would never stand up. Just curious.

No, you’d have to get a game accepted to the App Store and then make people sign something to play it. I’m positive that will hold in an American court. Also, they’re a company. They have enough money to “solve” your case quickly.
  • Childish move by CG... McMole2 did absolutely nothing wrong... you can argue semantics but at the end of the day I’m not sure CG could have responded worse. The response has alienated more people than the cheating (which has been going on in some form since I began playing). Good move banning the media, that always seems to work out in the end.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

he signed TOS on account he cheated with....not his main exo defacto your lovable band of LOSERs will never defeat my globo gym cobras..... take that LeFlure
  • Gair
    616 posts Member

He had to put his reputation on the line to validate the discovery. If this came from some noname nobody it would never have gained traction. I believe he knew this and made a deliberate, calculated choice on how to deliver the exposure.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

he signed TOS on account he cheated with....not his main exo defacto your lovable band of LOSERs will never defeat my globo gym cobras..... take that LeFlure

There’s only two of me. You’re saying he never signed the TOS on his main? I have a feeling that he had to, and if not, he did agree through his alt, which could carry over to him as a person.
  • So basically a player that once was a GC, whose job it was to find vulnerabilities, points out an exploit and feels the game provider did not do anything, or was not fast enough to resolve things, decided to pass that info along publicly. CG still doesn't use NDA's I guess. LOL
  • Nihion wrote: »

There’s only two of me. You’re saying he never signed the TOS on his main? I have a feeling that he had to, and if not, he did agree through his alt, which could carry over to him as a person.

Well, he was given the alt, so he didn't technically agree to the TOS on that account, I don't believe. Semantics, sure, but that is what we are dealing with here. Semantics all around.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Well, he was given the alt, so he didn't technically agree to the TOS on that account, I don't believe. Semantics, sure, but that is what we are dealing with here. Semantics all around.

Questioning their right to ban is pointless. The question we should be asking is SHOULD they have banned, as they have the right NOT to. Just beacause they have the ability doesn't mean they are obligated.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Did anyone see the movie Marauders? It's about these bank robbers. Basically, they were committing crime for the greater good. Robin hood like. Yes, they even make such refrences. It's an interesting take. It's a valid moral question. Many here believe the greater good should have trumped the violations. Others feel it's cut and dry. Break the rules. Lose the tools. In the movie, after a long hard moral conflict, he chooses to break the rules for the greater good.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Did anyone see the movie Marauders? Basically, they were committing crime for the greater good. It's an interesting take. It's a valid moral question. Many here believe the greater good should have trumped the violations. Others feel it's cut and dry. Break the rules. Lose the tools. In the movie, after a long hard moral conflict, he chooses to break the rules for the greater good.

But then you have to define what the greater good is. Morals are hard.
This discussion has been closed.