Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Did anyone see the movie Marauders? It's about these bank robbers. Basically, they were committing crime for the greater good. Robin hood like. Yes, they even make such refrences. It's an interesting take. It's a valid moral question. Many here believe the greater good should have trumped the violations. Others feel it's cut and dry. Break the rules. Lose the tools. In the movie, after a long hard moral conflict, he chooses to break the rules for the greater good.

Yeah, that's the same thing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Did anyone see the movie Marauders? Basically, they were committing crime for the greater good. It's an interesting take. It's a valid moral question. Many here believe the greater good should have trumped the violations. Others feel it's cut and dry. Break the rules. Lose the tools. In the movie, after a long hard moral conflict, he chooses to break the rules for the greater good.

But then you have to define what the greater good is. Morals are hard.

Which is why most people don't have them....too much work and discipline. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • saZam
    11 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »
    saZam wrote: »
    I don't understand why bulldog didn't use an alias to post his video... He used an alt account not linked to him for the cheating and if only he would have posted it under an alias not linked to him then he would have been fine, but he wanted the publicity of making the post. You gotta walk the walk if you gonna talk the talk. Dumb move by Bulldog.

He had to put his reputation on the line to validate the discovery. If this came from some noname nobody it would never have gained traction. I believe he knew this and made a deliberate, calculated choice on how to deliver the exposure.

That's fair. Thanks for providing some more input.
  • @CG_SBCrumb What about all the cheater you KNOW cheated and returned a couple of times after being banned for a month? Do you perma-ban them retroactively? Or are they spending enough money so that they only get a little patting?

Ikr, what about those cheaters, how come they are back?
  • leef wrote: »
    nothing changed, same message as before. bulldog got himself banned for nothing beneficial (except for maybe the boost in popularity). Only difference now is that people are all up in arms over something they didnt even notice all this time. Woohoo !

Yes. keep the cheating in the dark so ppl can continue to waste money , woohoo. You are sooo obviously a CG shill it's sad.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb What about all the cheater you KNOW cheated and returned a couple of times after being banned for a month? Do you perma-ban them retroactively? Or are they spending enough money so that they only get a little patting?

Because they didn't have a permanent ban policy back then. Presumably the new policy is not retroactive to everybody who has been banned in the past.
  • I see they’ve engaged turtle mode yet again 🤣
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    ...bulldog had my sympathy until I just saw a post on FB saying that he is going to broadcast the hack to everyone if they don’t reverse the ban....this is stupid. He knew the risk he took and he has to live with the consequences, but to try and burn down the entire game is incredibly childish and petty. He deserves the ban if this is how he’s gonna act. For shame.
    blackmailing lol

So how much CG pay you , or do you do it for free ?
  • Curious, have those in question that were banned, said they want to have it reversed? If they do what did they expect would happen? I'm thinking the video was an AMF moment.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    nothing changed, same message as before. bulldog got himself banned for nothing beneficial (except for maybe the boost in popularity). Only difference now is that people are all up in arms over something they didnt even notice all this time. Woohoo !

Yes. keep the cheating in the dark so ppl can continue to waste money , woohoo. You are sooo obviously a CG shill it's sad.

leef gets about 2 gold stars a day.
    Ultra wrote: »
    ...bulldog had my sympathy until I just saw a post on FB saying that he is going to broadcast the hack to everyone if they don’t reverse the ban....this is stupid. He knew the risk he took and he has to live with the consequences, but to try and burn down the entire game is incredibly childish and petty. He deserves the ban if this is how he’s gonna act. For shame.
    blackmailing lol

Ultra gets many more stars.

I get a roast beef sandwich for my salary. That’ll be revoked as of today for revealing salaries.

They don’t pay you? It must be a conspiracy.
  • Liath wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb What about all the cheater you KNOW cheated and returned a couple of times after being banned for a month? Do you perma-ban them retroactively? Or are they spending enough money so that they only get a little patting?

Because they didn't have a permanent ban policy back then. Presumably the new policy is not retroactive to everybody who has been banned in the past.

So, cheating before was ok, but not now? Has the tos been changed ? I haven't signed any new ones? Where is this info coming from?
  • Nihion wrote: »

blackmailing lol

I get a roast beef sandwich for my salary. That’ll be revoked as of today for revealing salaries.

Kinda makes sense for anyone who has seen any of you post on here.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

So, cheating before was ok, but not now? Has the tos been changed ? I haven't signed any new ones? Where is this info coming from?

From the posts on cheating, such as the one quoted in this megathread, where they said that one of the things they are doing to combat cheating is instituting a new policy of permanent bans?

Nobody said it was ok before, they just changed the severity of the punishments they are handing out.
  • I understand CG booting Bulldog, Now booting the wrong account I think was a mistake, I personally would have banned both. CG has a users agreement that tells you straight out cheating will get you kicked. I personally don't care if he showed himself losing after showing the cheat. He also said he has been doing it for months undetected and who knows about the times before he recorded it. the correct thing to do was as soon as he discovered the cheat was to report it to CG right away and never try it himself. Sorry Bulldog you knew what you were doing you knew it was wrong time to go find another game to play.

This being said I still think the 1 month ban on McMole was inappropriate since he never cheated just commented on a cheater. Unless CG_Crumb or someone else can come on here and explain was this was a valid suspension they have lost any respect I had for them. this comes across as silencing the media and they have enough issues with bad PR right now to thrown this in with it.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

blackmailing lol

Kinda makes sense for anyone who has seen any of you post on here.

Because obviously we’re not logical people, right?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Did anyone see the movie Marauders? It's about these bank robbers. Basically, they were committing crime for the greater good. Robin hood like. Yes, they even make such refrences. It's an interesting take. It's a valid moral question. Many here believe the greater good should have trumped the violations. Others feel it's cut and dry. Break the rules. Lose the tools. In the movie, after a long hard moral conflict, he chooses to break the rules for the greater good.

Does he also understand the consequences of his action and accept that risk.

Because breaking rules for the greater good means being strong enough to live with or die by the consequences of said actions.

British colonies saying give me freedom or death meant they were willing to fight for what they felt was right and accept death if it came to that.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    It’s funny that the dev cheater post has almost 10k more views then the Q and A. That should tell them that this is a pretty hot button issue.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    In what world do you think it's ok to ban someone for making a video? I don't care what your tos says, taking action against someone for something outside the game is absurd.

You've built a game catered to whales, and you just took out a harpoon gun and started shooting. You deserve the obvious results that will follow.
    The video creator himself thinks he should've been banned for what he did (creating a video):

bwrn1muiw0w1.png

There is a thing called ban dodging which is having multiple accounts while one was deemed bannable which is why his main account got struck. Ahnald and Darth Microtransaction both pointed out that every other game ban alt accounts so this is normal behavior

You can defend bulldog as much as you want but he even he admits he knowingly did a bannable offense, he was just unaware that other accounts you own are also hit as a result

For someone doing research on ban dodging he missed some key details on its punishment and its not something we can just brush off as "honest mistake"

So it's okay that bulldog still has an alt and can continue to cheat and no one can stop him or even stop anyone else who is currently cheating because they dont have the capabilities to detect cheating.

You seem to support CG banning an account that never cheated while also allowing the cheating account to continue to cheat.

How is that remotely helpful? If anything it reinforces Bulldogs message that cheating is not being addressed and running rampant in this game.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    ...any respect I had for them. this comes across as silencing the media and they have enough issues with bad PR right now to thrown this in with it.

This is a valid point.

You tubers, though not traditional media, are still afforded and given media rights by tech giants, Facebook, Amazon, Google, etc

They do enhance organized news stories and sometimes break news before the big outlets. They are not classified as journalists and don not have a or follow a set standard of industry established ethics or rules.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this should any party wish to challenge in a US or international court. I would also not be surprised to see LucasFilm and Disney legal step in on this one.
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    This:
    D3fe4t wrote: »
    Lashing out at people for uncovering their empty promise of tackling cheating is just really really bad.

Edit: fixed quote
  • When Bulldog breaks raids and proves that certain mechanics are at risk of creating endless loops and can be exploited, he gets ignored by CG. I can absolutely understand why he took the time to test his hypothesis on this cheat and provided **** good proof of it publically, because getting CG to look at the mess they create is extremely difficult unless its public humiliation and everyone knows about it. This type of oversight warranted that, sooner or later, it would have happened.
  • I understand CG booting Bulldog, Now booting the wrong account I think was a mistake, I personally would have banned both. CG has a users agreement that tells you straight out cheating will get you kicked. I personally don't care if he showed himself losing after showing the cheat. He also said he has been doing it for months undetected and who knows about the times before he recorded it. the correct thing to do was as soon as he discovered the cheat was to report it to CG right away and never try it himself. Sorry Bulldog you knew what you were doing you knew it was wrong time to go find another game to play.

This being said I still think the 1 month ban on McMole was inappropriate since he never cheated just commented on a cheater. Unless CG_Crumb or someone else can come on here and explain was this was a valid suspension they have lost any respect I had for them. this comes across as silencing the media and they have enough issues with bad PR right now to thrown this in with it.

You do realize they haven’t banned both because they don’t have any working system in place to detect cheating? They don’t know who his alt’s account is (yet)

• SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

You do realize they haven’t banned both because they don’t have any working system in place to detect cheating? They don’t know who his alt’s account is (yet)

Yes i do, my point was although obviously not stated well enough is that his main account should be banned and I have no issue with CG doing this. There is a saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Even Anakin had good intentions when he turned to the dark side and look how that worked out. If you drive Drunk even if it is to try t get someone to the hospital guess what you are still getting a DUI.
  • Did anyone see the movie Marauders? It's about these bank robbers. Basically, they were committing crime for the greater good. Robin hood like. Yes, they even make such refrences. It's an interesting take. It's a valid moral question. Many here believe the greater good should have trumped the violations. Others feel it's cut and dry. Break the rules. Lose the tools. In the movie, after a long hard moral conflict, he chooses to break the rules for the greater good.

Part of the calculation is accepting responsibility for your actions. To put together that type of video and not expect consequences would be naive.

Besides, you're only a martyr if you hang.
  • Did anyone see the movie Marauders? It's about these bank robbers. Basically, they were committing crime for the greater good. Robin hood like. Yes, they even make such refrences. It's an interesting take. It's a valid moral question. Many here believe the greater good should have trumped the violations. Others feel it's cut and dry. Break the rules. Lose the tools. In the movie, after a long hard moral conflict, he chooses to break the rules for the greater good.

Part of the calculation is accepting responsibility for your actions. To put together that type of video and not expect consequences would be naive.

Besides, you're only a martyr if you hang.

Except they didnt ban the cheating account and they have no proof he cheated with his main, so no they do not have the right to ban that account. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get his money back or sue them tbh. No where in the tos does it state an account can be banned with no reason and no proof. So not sure how everyone on here can say his main should be banned. And also, banning for life , why have none of the other cheaters caught by CG been banned for life? Why is he the first. It's a joke that's why, they don't care about the cheating they care about looking like fools, which is funny, cause they look even more foolish. Except of course to the cg shills. Cant wait till their silly response to this.
    Again they have literally no proof he cheated with his main account , so how are they justified in banning it ?
  • I would like to report a suspected cheater . Where would I do that?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    sndnichols wrote: »
    I would like to report a suspected cheater . Where would I do that?

Come on now, read the first post.
This discussion has been closed.