New Content

Prev13
Soz58
108 posts Member
CG, can you please make new content... I would very much like to enjoy your game again and it’s been 2 years since we’ve had a new Raid and I’m extremely bored doing the same Raids/Events over and over again.
I really do want to have fun again. Thanks

Replies

• Yeah the geo Tb and grand arena championships are so old now it’s crazy
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yeah the geo Tb and grand arena championships are so old now it’s crazy

Especially the LS version of geo tb. Stale!
  • Yeah the geo Tb and grand arena championships are so old now it’s crazy

GAC is basically just a glorified GA, so there’s really no difference. A lot of people aren’t even doing Geo Tb so that doesn’t really make any difference either.

In a related topic, we haven’t had a content update in 3 weeks, are we getting one this week?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Danubiss wrote: »

GAC is basically just a glorified GA, so there’s really no difference. A lot of people aren’t even doing Geo Tb so that doesn’t really make any difference either.

In a related topic, we haven’t had a content update in 3 weeks, are we getting one this week?

What makes you say a lot of ppl aren't doing geo tb?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

I’m at 4.7m gp, the leader of a 110m guild with only 34 members. We ran the first geo Tb and got 7 *’s or so and not one of my guild mates said they wanted to run it again. I’ve seen a lot of others not running it either.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    It’s great people are enjoying Geo War, but it’s still just Territory Battle and a Grand Arena is one on one Territory War. So yes they are stale
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I’m at 4.7m gp, the leader of a 110m guild with only 34 members. We ran the first geo Tb and got 7 *’s or so and not one of my guild mates said they wanted to run it again. I’ve seen a lot of others not running it either.

Weird. I'm leader of 107m guild and everyone is excitedly gearing up seps. Maybe try building up some enthusiasm.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Weird. I'm leader of 107m guild and everyone is excitedly gearing up seps. Maybe try building up some enthusiasm.

Enthusiasm has nothing to do with not wanting to deal with spending 10-15 minutes per battle. I didn’t enjoy it at all, neither did any of my guild.
  • GeoTB and GAC aren’t new content. It’s the same stuff made more difficult. It’s boring.
  • My guild isn't doing geo, can't at 80M. I have all the new characters, buy just the same places to play with them.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

GAC is just an exploitable GA which we have had for months. Geo TB is it. But with a large gear restriction
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    The last new raid was 1.5 years ago. Not much different, but it’s a little better.

We had a content update 6 days ago with a new marquee.

Most people just got Padmé.

Geo TB is new and the LS is coming.

Enthusiasm has nothing to do with not wanting to deal with spending 10-15 minutes per battle. I didn’t enjoy it at all, neither did any of my guild.

That’s the definition of no enthusiasm.
  • Typically, I'd agree with you. However, they need to spend some time fixing what they have: deal with game crashes, fix cheating and the current pr nightmare, fix gac mm and scoring. Plus they need to roll out lsgtb and everything that goes with it.
    Not much point in new content until the game is back on track.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Yes more content so we can push for the new content to be simmed and then complain there is nothing to do and its boring 👌
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Geo TB has only run what, 3 times? Calm down, that's the very definition of new. I understand some guilds can't enter and even more can't really reasonably succeed, but if you fall into one of those 2 categories, you either A: have something to work towards or B: need to find a more motivated guild. Has anyone even gotten max stars yet? It's hardly wash, rinse, repeat like HothTB had gotten to.

Edit: turned A) & B) into A: & B: for obvious reasons
  • Zvezda
    56 posts Member
    I see so many players arguing against new content! Are you serious??!? You have a remodeled TB and a longer GA and you are satisfied ? You ask for so little ... and so little you shall receive! :/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Typically, I'd agree with you. However, they need to spend some time fixing what they have: deal with game crashes, fix cheating and the current pr nightmare, fix gac mm and scoring. Plus they need to roll out lsgtb and everything that goes with it.
    Not much point in new content until the game is back on track.

This. Not to be a naysayer, but honestly, the game seems to be quite a mess right now. GAC felt like a poorly executed and failed experiment, complete with bugs and cheating. Carrie left, or was let go or whatever. Ships are still being left to die on the vine.

They need to circle the wagons a bit and fix the content they do have before releasing more half-baked rehashes (which is all GAC really is anyway).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zvezda wrote: »
    I see so many players arguing against new content! Are you serious??!? You have a remodeled TB and a longer GA and you are satisfied ? You ask for so little ... and so little you shall receive! :/

It's always the same in this forum... there is always a sheep defending CG...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Zvezda wrote: »

Nobody is arguing against new content, they are saying we have gotten new content. Why shouldn't we be satisfied? Just because you believe it's "so little" doesn't mean everybody else has to feel the same way. Some of us just have more reasonable expectations about what the devs are going to release in this sort of game.
  • New content for me, would be additional battles added... a new more challenging tier on both LS and DS and also in fleet battles.

Also, additional battles added to Cantina... simming all day long does get boring after awhile. But adding new tiers would probably not be cost beneficial for CG, as they would not make any money on that... unless they found a clever way to do so. New tiers to all challenges would also be great... and maybe even a new type of GW... a more challenging type that grants even better rewards and you can’t do this unless you can sim the first one... something to aim for.

If Hoth TB is a potato, then Geo TB is a peeled potato. Nothing new here... same event, different skin... and rewards for both suck! Same goes for the insanely pointless GAC - a week long arena battle that only brings complaints and chants about people cheating... booooooring!! But, it’s an easy way for CG to add stuff, without actually adding stuff.

The raids we have now are nothing to get exciting about... rewards suck and one is even simmable now... a new raid would definitely be fun... one that perhaps would require ships, but again... that would not be cost beneficial for CG.

They kinda have to make new stuff based on old stuff (TBs and GAs) to keep the costs down... or find a way to make new content that will make them a heap load of money fast... which is probably difficult and the reason we’re not seeing it.

Marquees, let’s be honest... those are money grab events if anything ever were.
  • Intrepid wrote: »
    New content for me, would be additional battles added... a new more challenging tier on both LS and DS and also in fleet battles.

Also, additional battles added to Cantina... simming all day long does get boring after awhile. But adding new tiers would probably not be cost beneficial for CG, as they would not make any money on that... unless they found a clever way to do so. New tiers to all challenges would also be great... and maybe even a new type of GW... a more challenging type that grants even better rewards and you can’t do this unless you can sim the first one... something to aim for.

If Hoth TB is a potato, then Geo TB is a peeled potato. Nothing new here... same event, different skin... and rewards for both suck! Same goes for the insanely pointless GAC - a week long arena battle that only brings complaints and chants about people cheating... booooooring!! But, it’s an easy way for CG to add stuff, without actually adding stuff.

The raids we have now are nothing to get exciting about... rewards suck and one is even simmable now... a new raid would definitely be fun... one that perhaps would require ships, but again... that would not be cost beneficial for CG.

They kinda have to make new stuff based on old stuff (TBs and GAs) to keep the costs down... or find a way to make new content that will make them a heap load of money fast... which is probably difficult and the reason we’re not seeing it.

^ love how thus guy askes for more challenging tiers of stuff already in-game, then puts geo tb down for being a more challenging tier of something already in-game.
    New content for me, would be additional battles added... a new more challenging tier on both LS and DS and also in fleet battles.

^ love how thus guy askes for more challenging tiers of stuff already in-game, then puts geo tb down for being a more challenging tier of something already in-game.

Haha, is this your idea of thinking up new content? Or are you only able to stomp on other people’s ideas?

I in now way trashed Geo TB... all I said was that Geo TB is NOT new content... it’s a glorified Hoth TB that CG couldn’t even figure out how to adjust with 24 hour phases, haha... and rewards does SUCK!!
  • Intrepid
    32 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    And Geo TB is NOT challenging, hahaha... a challenge indicates you have some kind of way of winning if your strategy is correct... that in no way applies to Geo TB... we’re set up to lose in Phase 4, haha... all g13, level 95 toons... with preloaded TM and a tenacity wall that one could only dream about... challenge? Nah!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Zvezda wrote: »

It's always the same in this forum... there is always a sheep defending CG...

... because there are always complaints. Some people like to enjoy the game. Apparently some people would rather spend their time hating it.

In this thread, no ones asking for less content, only giving the facts on the content we just received. I would always be okay with more content.
    Intrepid wrote: »

Haha, is this your idea of thinking up new content? Or are you only able to stomp on other people’s ideas?

I in now way trashed Geo TB... all I said was that Geo TB is NOT new content... it’s a glorified Hoth TB that CG couldn’t even figure out how to adjust with 24 hour phases, haha... and rewards does SUCK!!

But he had a point. You asked for more content by getting a new tier of energy battles, then said that a new tier of an old game mode (Geo TB) is not new content. The real problem is that you are confusing new content with a new game mode/raid. Lots of people come on here and call for new 'content' and complain that a new TB is not content, yet rarely does anyone propose an actually new game mode idea (outside of a ship raid).
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

let's all be just like you !!!!!!!!!!!

By that same logic none of your ideas are new, thats what i was pointing out. You can hardly claim any of those ideas as your own anyway, they've been floating around for a long time.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

But he had a point. You asked for more content by getting a new tier of energy battles, then said that a new tier of an old game mode (Geo TB) is not new content. The real problem is that you are confusing new content with a new game mode/raid. Lots of people come on here and call for new 'content' and complain that a new TB is not content, yet rarely does anyone propose an actually new game mode idea (outside of a ship raid).

scour forums bra.... prop been enough interesting ideas posted in these forums to keep devs busy for 210 years
    well 5000 years with current group

Well, I guess it’s because I differentiate between new content and new game mode.

Geo TB is new content, but still not something you can play day-to-day and test your toons... phases 1-3 are somewhat playable, but phase 4 is not!

We spend so many hours farming and have so many toons, but no real way of testing them, unless you wanna go through a boring GW. We spend 95% of the time either simming or playing on auto... additional tiers of battles to LS/DS, Cantina, Mod Challenges and a new GW would at least breathe some new life into the game (for some) although that is not new content either, it would give us something to do for awhile... besides simming and complaining about drop rates... and maybe they could add new toons in those new tiers as opposed to all new toons being money grab events... I have no real ideas for new game modes, tho... all I was trying to say was, that simming all day long gets boring fast... would be nice to have some new battles to play with

But I guess that’s just me...