Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Any Cheater: Hey EA/CG why is my account banned?

    EA/CG: its permabanned for cheating

    Any Cheater: Ahhhh but i was only cheating to show you guys how easy it is so can i get my account back now?

    EA/CG: Awww thank you yep here have your account back....

    Forums: ALL IN RAGE TIME TO RIOT THERES A CHEATER BACK..... But its ok for bulldog to do it :)

    He cheated, he has proved he has the ways + means to cheat the game, he has the ability + tools and has shown video evidence of himself cheating. who is to say he has not or would not in the future cheat on his main account, after his blackmailing threats of teaching everyone who will listen how to cheat then nobody can say he wont cheat in the future on his main.
    If it was anyone else in the world who uploaded a video of themselves cheating the forums would want them hung, drawn and quartered so there is no difference with this guy.
    Hypocracy at its best in this thread. you all wnated cheaters banned a couple of days ago a cheater has been banned and your still not happy.....................
  • I mean, from what i understood, the cheat is locally, reason why it can't be detected proactively, the local device then sends the result/data of the fight to the server.
    CG can only take a closer look at every single report and then decide if it was obviously a cheat or not (e.g. beating Malak with low Jawas or so).
    This rises the most burning question, what can & will CG do against that? Can they do anything?
    Just thinking, if someone applies that cheat smarter, empowering his teams just a bit, which might be enough to win, how on earth will those ever be detected if there isn't a automatic procedure that can detect it? The fight itself might still look ok, even if it wasn't...
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Vol
    4 posts Member
    So, you can only report people in game if they agree to join a chat room or ally with you first... That's bloody ridiculous! There are cheats in arena, I pound them over and over with higher gear characters and they barely take any damage at all, Oh, but I can't report them unless they essentially agree to it first. Fix this!
  • Vol
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Nihion wrote: »
    Jesse36 wrote: »
    So why don’t you guys permanently ban people who, ya know, actually cheat? Oh, because then you can’t collect their money.

    This makes no sense. Cheaters don’t pay.

    I think many of them still pay, probably most actually. It's part of the same mentality - must auto win without skill, patience, or knowledge. It's probably also a reason why CG haven't tried harder to stop them $$$. I'd bet everything I own that most of the top guilds are filled with cheats who are also whales.
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    Any Cheater: Hey EA/CG why is my account banned?

    EA/CG: its permabanned for cheating

    Any Cheater: Ahhhh but i was only cheating to show you guys how easy it is so can i get my account back now?

    EA/CG: Awww thank you yep here have your account back....

    Forums: ALL IN RAGE TIME TO RIOT THERES A CHEATER BACK..... But its ok for bulldog to do it :)

    He cheated, he has proved he has the ways + means to cheat the game, he has the ability + tools and has shown video evidence of himself cheating. who is to say he has not or would not in the future cheat on his main account, after his blackmailing threats of teaching everyone who will listen how to cheat then nobody can say he wont cheat in the future on his main.
    If it was anyone else in the world who uploaded a video of themselves cheating the forums would want them hung, drawn and quartered so there is no difference with this guy.
    Hypocracy at its best in this thread. you all wnated cheaters banned a couple of days ago a cheater has been banned and your still not happy.....................

    If it was anyone else, would the message be the same? Would that person posting the video be doing so to draw attention to have it addressed and stopped or to taunt everyone. That's the difference.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Vol wrote: »
    So, you can only report people in game if they agree to join a chat room or ally with you first... That's bloody ridiculous! There are cheats in arena, I pound them over and over with higher gear characters and they barely take any damage at all, Oh, but I can't report them unless they essentially agree to it first. Fix this!

    You cannot cheat on defence so you pounding them over and over again means your teams actually not as good as theirs is.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Any Cheater: Hey EA/CG why is my account banned?

    EA/CG: its permabanned for cheating

    Any Cheater: Ahhhh but i was only cheating to show you guys how easy it is so can i get my account back now?

    EA/CG: Awww thank you yep here have your account back....

    Forums: ALL IN RAGE TIME TO RIOT THERES A CHEATER BACK..... But its ok for bulldog to do it :)

    He cheated, he has proved he has the ways + means to cheat the game, he has the ability + tools and has shown video evidence of himself cheating. who is to say he has not or would not in the future cheat on his main account, after his blackmailing threats of teaching everyone who will listen how to cheat then nobody can say he wont cheat in the future on his main.
    If it was anyone else in the world who uploaded a video of themselves cheating the forums would want them hung, drawn and quartered so there is no difference with this guy.
    Hypocracy at its best in this thread. you all wnated cheaters banned a couple of days ago a cheater has been banned and your still not happy.....................

    If it was anyone else, would the message be the same? Would that person posting the video be doing so to draw attention to have it addressed and stopped or to taunt everyone. That's the difference.

    it doesnt matter if they are trying to draw attention to it or not the actions are the same so yes the message would be the same, you cheated the game you got banned end of story it doesnt matter if its joe down the road, bulldog or donald trump. he uploaded a video of himself cheating and everyone should have the same treatment. he cheated the game hes banned

    enx7kdwzp7f31.jpg

    He done it to grow his channel. his own words what cant speak cant lie
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah. I have similar questions. You said there were tools in place to at the least detect cheating, yet bulldog accepted your challenge and even at his elevation of cheating (on the alt account) to ludicrous levels, he went unnoticed until he breeches the ToS? By telling you you missed?

    Unless there is information out there that is not in his video, that is not true. He admittedly lost matches. While he may have turned up the cheat to 100%, he actually took a very specific path that always lead him to lose. I would imagine that is in part one of the reasons he was able to operate unnoticed.

    I'm not saying cheating is ok if you are always losing the matches, but it is somewhat understandable that they would have a tool that focused on winning to help focus the search. It's a new tool and you have to start somewhere.

    I would imagine if he had told them before hand that this would have played out differently.
  • Catarax28
    184 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Very true! You only get away with it if you're a subtle cheater. Now that doesn't comfort me at all, there's no way for me to notice if someone has cheated when someone is smart about it. Such things can only be noticed when you can do the match multiple times, to factor out RNG.
  • Vol
    4 posts Member
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Vol wrote: »
    So, you can only report people in game if they agree to join a chat room or ally with you first... That's bloody ridiculous! There are cheats in arena, I pound them over and over with higher gear characters and they barely take any damage at all, Oh, but I can't report them unless they essentially agree to it first. Fix this!

    You cannot cheat on defence so you pounding them over and over again means your teams actually not as good as theirs is.

    How do you know?
  • Vol
    4 posts Member
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Vol wrote: »
    So, you can only report people in game if they agree to join a chat room or ally with you first... That's bloody ridiculous! There are cheats in arena, I pound them over and over with higher gear characters and they barely take any damage at all, Oh, but I can't report them unless they essentially agree to it first. Fix this!

    You cannot cheat on defence so you pounding them over and over again means your teams actually not as good as theirs is.

    Looking at their mods and gear level - mine are better! They just don't take damage. Like in the patch Bulldog exposed. There is one person in particular I'm thinking of. My g13 Yoda and full G12 Revan team doesn't even scratch his, that are lower gear/mods.

    Even if you are right, I can't have it checked unless he agrees to ally first so I can report him, which is stupid
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Vol wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Vol wrote: »
    So, you can only report people in game if they agree to join a chat room or ally with you first... That's bloody ridiculous! There are cheats in arena, I pound them over and over with higher gear characters and they barely take any damage at all, Oh, but I can't report them unless they essentially agree to it first. Fix this!

    You cannot cheat on defence so you pounding them over and over again means your teams actually not as good as theirs is.

    Looking at their mods and gear level - mine are better! They just don't take damage. Like in the patch Bulldog exposed. There is one person in particular I'm thinking of. My g13 Yoda and full G12 Revan team doesn't even scratch his, that are lower gear/mods.

    Even if you are right, I can't have it checked unless he agrees to ally first so I can report him, which is stupid

    you cannot cheat on defence, any cheat has to be done client side (on your device) so you can cheat on offence. the defences you face are server side and that cannot be cheated. it doesnt matter if your gear + mods are better there is obviously something you are missing as it cannot be a cheat.
    if you want to dig deeper then make a new thread and add your swgoh.gg link and a screenshot of their team and people will tell you what is being missed but it is defo NOT a cheat.
    but yes i do have to agree that they have to be an ally is stupid as then it comes back to the point that you cannot ally anyone in fleet arena so cannot report a cheat ingame on fleet arena.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3480 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So we knew GAC was a limited run, to shake out the bugs. Open Alpha testing. I doubt it will be back anytime soon. But we'll see. No doubt how to win will be shared and has been shared so running it again without an overhaul is pointless. But then to me it was just a farm, grab whatever rewards you can and move on. Does anyone really care about the leaderboard? Most of the time all i did was place teams and wait for the next round, rinse and repeat.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Manumicio wrote: »
    This rises the most burning question, what can & will CG do against that? Can they do anything?

    This.

    Thanks to Bulldog people now know no amount of money or time matters competing against them.

    That is something CG knew about and didn't disclose to players. This is the part the CG supporters here want to ignore.

    Those taking a position against bulldog default to being supportive of players being unaware before spending time and/or money.

    People that spent during the GA are entitled to refunds...but you will never get back the time wasted trying to win.


  • At the launch of C3-PO a member of my former guild used the cheat to get him in the fifth star. He had all the time in the world to equip in the first cycle and then farm the team for the next 3 months calmly to make the seventh star.

    I pushed the cheating report button apart. What happened to this person? Nothing!

    How many GA, how many TW did I get without a better prize because there was some cheater on the other side? And please My first guild was punished because there was a cheater who took his account and two others he had confidence to have the password and used Hack. I took an indirect punishment of one week without offense, because my guild officers, who did not approve any violation of the term of use, were suspended extending the punishment to at least 42 people.

    So please don't come and you didn't know the problem.

    And of the actions taken the most important one was set aside that is to allow team defeated their defense, whether in TW or GA. Sunlight will be a potent disinfectant.

    My support for youtube which showed that the King was naked, if there is any action to donate money for him to rebuild his account will have my collaboration.

    And last but not least, how many GA and TW awards did I get less for unidentified cheaters? I hope from the bottom of my heart that EA will urgently start building a player account information system and send global compensation for total neglect. If no one had shown the naked king, I doubt anything would be done.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Manumicio wrote: »
    This rises the most burning question, what can & will CG do against that? Can they do anything?

    This.

    Thanks to Bulldog people now know no amount of money or time matters competing against them.

    That is something CG knew about and didn't disclose to players. This is the part the CG supporters here want to ignore.

    Those taking a position against bulldog default to being supportive of players being unaware before spending time and/or money.

    People that spent during the GA are entitled to refunds...but you will never get back the time wasted trying to win.


    I will never get back the time I used to read this post. You will never get the time back that you used to make that post. But most importantly, we will all have lost time when they end the game. Stick to the money argument, the time one is not good.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Manumicio wrote: »
    This rises the most burning question, what can & will CG do against that? Can they do anything?

    This.

    Thanks to Bulldog people now know no amount of money or time matters competing against them.

    That is something CG knew about and didn't disclose to players. This is the part the CG supporters here want to ignore.

    Those taking a position against bulldog default to being supportive of players being unaware before spending time and/or money.

    People that spent during the GA are entitled to refunds...but you will never get back the time wasted trying to win.


    I will never get back the time I used to read this post. You will never get the time back that you used to make that post. But most importantly, we will all have lost time when they end the game. Stick to the money argument, the time one is not good.

    LOL

    Yet you needed to invest time to try and validate your disagreement...

    BTW...there is no game now...it's all a farce. That was shown.

    I get it...youtubers and players all cowed...afraid to lose this...all forced to defend CG not disclosing this.

    Now invest more time in this! LOL

  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vol wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Vol wrote: »
    So, you can only report people in game if they agree to join a chat room or ally with you first... That's bloody ridiculous! There are cheats in arena, I pound them over and over with higher gear characters and they barely take any damage at all, Oh, but I can't report them unless they essentially agree to it first. Fix this!

    You cannot cheat on defence so you pounding them over and over again means your teams actually not as good as theirs is.

    Looking at their mods and gear level - mine are better! They just don't take damage. Like in the patch Bulldog exposed. There is one person in particular I'm thinking of. My g13 Yoda and full G12 Revan team doesn't even scratch his, that are lower gear/mods.

    Even if you are right, I can't have it checked unless he agrees to ally first so I can report him, which is stupid

    That is not true, it is outlined in the dev post how to report someone from within the GAC event.

    Not to mention you can report them several other ways, like a direct message on the forum to CG_Leviathan.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Vol wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Vol wrote: »
    So, you can only report people in game if they agree to join a chat room or ally with you first... That's bloody ridiculous! There are cheats in arena, I pound them over and over with higher gear characters and they barely take any damage at all, Oh, but I can't report them unless they essentially agree to it first. Fix this!

    You cannot cheat on defence so you pounding them over and over again means your teams actually not as good as theirs is.

    Looking at their mods and gear level - mine are better! They just don't take damage. Like in the patch Bulldog exposed. There is one person in particular I'm thinking of. My g13 Yoda and full G12 Revan team doesn't even scratch his, that are lower gear/mods.

    Even if you are right, I can't have it checked unless he agrees to ally first so I can report him, which is stupid

    That is not true, it is outlined in the dev post how to report someone from within the GAC event.

    Not to mention you can report them several other ways, like a direct message on the forum to CG_Leviathan.

    He's talking about somebody in his arena shard.
  • People that think the game will die are being a bit over dramatic. There are many players out there that do not care about PVP and only do it to keep there guild happy. PVE content of farming and gearing characters and ships is still fun to a lot of players. Cheaters are bad we all agree, catching cheaters is not easy unfortunately. Now CG could report character stats back to the server once the battle is over but I am sure there are some hackers out there that would figure out how to alter that report as well. Like others have said you are not happy vote with you wallets until CG has time to come to us with a resolution that can limit cheating. I am sure all of this uproar is not being ignored and they are working on a plan as we speak give them some time.
  • Really? All you people who are up in arms about bulldog getting banned are incredibly naïve. This guy cheated against other players and admitted to it. McMole was basically teaching other people how to cheat with his videos. Both game disruptors had justice brought to them and if it was up to me McMole would have received a permanent ban as well and I would urge CG to reconsider.

    These guys were teaching people how to cheat against YOU And you people who are defending them have it all backwards because you’re so hell-bent on rebelling against the man you cannot see who is really hurting your gameplay which is these two players that I mentioned. Honestly you kids are Incredibly backwards in your thinking.
  • Game mode is trash until this is somehow sorted. TRASH!
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    The only question I have is: Will CG give to us something because we lost to cheaters?
    The answer: NO. Because of this, they will not be clear, because of this, you'll never receive feedback if you reported someone, because of this, they banned the main account of a guy that made a video using the alt account.
    Face the truth, you'll waste your time for one week and if you lose no one cares. But wait, "we'll not show videos to NOT reveal the enemy strategy". C'mon guys, they know about this for a long time, for sure before it came up with the Youtube videos, they just don't know how to fix.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    Really? All you people who are up in arms about bulldog getting banned are incredibly naïve. This guy cheated against other players and admitted to it. McMole was basically teaching other people how to cheat with his videos. Both game disruptors had justice brought to them and if it was up to me McMole would have received a permanent ban as well and I would urge CG to reconsider.

    These guys were teaching people how to cheat against YOU And you people who are defending them have it all backwards because you’re so hell-bent on rebelling against the man you cannot see who is really hurting your gameplay which is these two players that I mentioned. Honestly you kids are Incredibly backwards in your thinking.

    Did you watch/listen to the videos? The point was to show how he went undetected in GA, he lost every match on purpose by only winning a handful of battles via cheating and not steam rolling his opponent. He wasn't winning for rewards, he cheated to prove a point without hurting someone's experience. That's why people are defending him.
  • TVF
    32388 posts Member
    Chima wrote: »
    The only question I have is: Will CG give to us something because we lost to cheaters?

    Did you lose to a cheater?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • echo33
    51 posts Member
    Thx for the response CG, but its not enough. Frankly, Im glad that buldog and McMole2 did those videos, cos its a very serious matter. Im not happy about the fact how it worked out for them. I would permaban the account where Buldog use those cheats and perhaps give him 20-30 days of suspension and maybe 1 week for McMole - just to show that this is serious. BUT, in the 1st place, i would talk about the things that are needed to further improve the anti- cheating mechanics, like adding battle log or, even better, replays of the battles, to see what has actually happened during the fight. That should help A LOT. Right now, EA is just feeding us with empty promises and juridical phrases and the only result we can see at this point is the ban of 2 PPL who were just pointing out that SWgoh has a major problem (ie cheating) and that CG/EA needs to fix it ASAP. Cos if not, then the fate of this game is sealed for good im afraid...
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Chima wrote: »
    The only question I have is: Will CG give to us something because we lost to cheaters?

    Did you lose to a cheater?

    Well, when you lose for people that have their best teams on defense and they can clean all your territories with G7-G8 with against your G12 teams (zzTraya and zzBoskk for instance). I'm tempted to think YES. And I always did my part by "reporting" and guess what? I've never seen anything happening.
    For the guy that said "these guys were teaching people how to cheat against YOU", actually NO, he didn't, he just exposed CG and made it clear to all the community that we already know a long time. There are a bunch of people cheating and CG never said a word about it.
    CG just banned him because he made it pretty clear CG's incompetence. So, YES he is our JESUS, our savior. But all of us know how the JC story ends. lol
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    cjyt7a06f5f31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=bcfc1b989764e8276a823bfc8c4911dffb236007
    @CG_Erik @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Leviathan
    tagging 3 of you to see if we can get a reply as to wether this is true or not?
    You ban him for cheating but dont ban his IP and are open to him having his accounts back or maybe even starting again and being able to cheat his way to the top with a new account.
    So what is the official line here if you cheat you will get a permaban unless your a youtuber then you can have your accounts back or a new account to cheat again.
    Let me guess he has promised he wont use the ability or tools to cheat again.... have you ever had a promise from a cheat before?
    this is beyond a joke you say your taking a hard stance on cheaters but hey this guy can maybe/possibly get his account back or be able to cheat on a new account.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Chima wrote: »
    There are a bunch of people cheating and CG never said a word about it.

    You mean other than the multiple posts about what they are doing to combat cheating that long predate this video?
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Chima wrote: »
    There are a bunch of people cheating and CG never said a word about it.

    You mean other than the multiple posts about what they are doing to combat cheating that long predate this video?

    Exactly, posts about "cheating is wrong" isn't a post confirming that THEY KNOW the people is cheating and how they are cheating and they are looking at this and they will compensate the hurt people by this. Empty posts and unclear posts are the way they have to say "no, nothing happened, sorry."
This discussion has been closed.