Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Chima wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    There are a bunch of people cheating and CG never said a word about it.

You mean other than the multiple posts about what they are doing to combat cheating that long predate this video?

Exactly, posts about "cheating is wrong" isn't a post confirming that THEY KNOW the people is cheating and how they are cheating and they are looking at this and they will compensate the hurt people by this. Empty posts and unclear posts are the way they have to say "no, nothing happened, sorry."

They weren't posts about "cheating is wrong," they were posts about what they are doing to COMBAT and PUNISH cheating. Which is something they wouldn't be doing if they didn't know cheating was happening. If you read those posts and it wasn't 100% obvious to you that cheating is a thing that happens in this game, that's on you, not CG.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member

You mean other than the multiple posts about what they are doing to combat cheating that long predate this video?

Exactly, posts about "cheating is wrong" isn't a post confirming that THEY KNOW the people is cheating and how they are cheating and they are looking at this and they will compensate the hurt people by this. Empty posts and unclear posts are the way they have to say "no, nothing happened, sorry."

They weren't posts about "cheating is wrong," they were posts about what they are doing to COMBAT and PUNISH cheating. Which is something they wouldn't be doing if they didn't know cheating was happening. If you read those posts and it wasn't 100% obvious to you that cheating is a thing that happens in this game, that's on you, not CG.

Well, looks like "post about what they are doing to COMBAT and PUNISH cheating" wasn't enough to cancel GAC and take a deeper look at this, compensate the hurt people and give the full rewards for everyone until they find a solution.

But why should they be honest right? Why should they give us the rewards for our effort, if they can "post about what they are doing to COMBAT and PUNISH cheating" and change nothing to you?
    Why? Because it's easier to keep everyone thinking "did I lose because this guy is cheating? or the guy is better than I'm?" You'll report, they will never say a word about it and the job is done.

I'm glad it came out on youtube and now it's pretty clear that it happens and they have no idea how to combat this. At least now we can avoid waste our time looking at the enemy toons and waste time thinking how is the best strategy, you can only set your defenses once and make the attacks when the app notifies you that the time is ending and that's all.
  • If cheating is such a black and white affair to so many here why do we tolerate, hire and reward white hat hackers? Whistleblowers?

It must be comforting, to see the world in in such sharp contrasts. I can't remember the last time I felt that.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Well, looks like "post about what they are doing to COMBAT and PUNISH cheating" wasn't enough to cancel GAC and take a deeper look at this, compensate the hurt people and give the full rewards for everyone until they find a solution.

But why should they be honest right? Why should they give us the rewards for our effort, if they can "post about what they are doing to COMBAT and PUNISH cheating" and change nothing to you?
    Why? Because it's easier to keep everyone thinking "did I lose because this guy is cheating? or the guy is better than I'm?" You'll report, they will never say a word about it and the job is done.

I'm glad it came out on youtube and now it's pretty clear that it happens and they have no idea how to combat this. At least now we can avoid waste our time looking at the enemy toons and waste time thinking how is the best strategy, you can only set your defenses once and make the attacks when the app notifies you that the time is ending and that's all.

No. This isn't new. It's been going on since the tournaments were a thing literally years ago. They are working on coming up with more tools to address it, and they have posted openly about that. They aren't going to cancel everything until they fix it because it's impossible to completely fix the issue in a game with client side battles. They would have to shut down the whole game.

Regardless of any of that, your statement that "CG never said a word about it" is a bald faced lie.
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    Any Cheater: Hey EA/CG why is my account banned?

EA/CG: its permabanned for cheating

Any Cheater: Ahhhh but i was only cheating to show you guys how easy it is so can i get my account back now?

EA/CG: Awww thank you yep here have your account back....

Forums: ALL IN RAGE TIME TO RIOT THERES A CHEATER BACK..... But its ok for bulldog to do it :)

He cheated, he has proved he has the ways + means to cheat the game, he has the ability + tools and has shown video evidence of himself cheating. who is to say he has not or would not in the future cheat on his main account, after his blackmailing threats of teaching everyone who will listen how to cheat then nobody can say he wont cheat in the future on his main.
    If it was anyone else in the world who uploaded a video of themselves cheating the forums would want them hung, drawn and quartered so there is no difference with this guy.
    Hypocracy at its best in this thread. you all wnated cheaters banned a couple of days ago a cheater has been banned and your still not happy.....................

This. I wouldn't allow Bulldog back, honestly.
  • Clerical_Error
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I will be angry if they allow Bulldog back.
  • Really? All you people who are up in arms about bulldog getting banned are incredibly naïve. This guy cheated against other players and admitted to it. McMole was basically teaching other people how to cheat with his videos. Both game disruptors had justice brought to them and if it was up to me McMole would have received a permanent ban as well and I would urge CG to reconsider.

These guys were teaching people how to cheat against YOU And you people who are defending them have it all backwards because you’re so hell-bent on rebelling against the man you cannot see who is really hurting your gameplay which is these two players that I mentioned. Honestly you kids are Incredibly backwards in your thinking.

You sir , missed the entire point, they exposed the fact cheating is happening and CG has been turning a blind eye, while collecting ppls money and lying to them about the purchase they made, as they are useless against cheaters, which cg cant and won't stop. Yeah focus on the youtubers who shed light on this garbage not the company literally stealing pols money. Cause knowing these cheats are out there and doing nothing, amounts to lying to your customers about your product and their interaction with your product.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member

No. This isn't new. It's been going on since the tournaments were a thing literally years ago. They are working on coming up with more tools to address it, and they have posted openly about that. They aren't going to cancel everything until they fix it because it's impossible to completely fix the issue in a game with client side battles. They would have to shut down the whole game.

Regardless of any of that, your statement that "CG never said a word about it" is a bald faced lie.

Well, if you are creating a game mode that you cannot create a replay or save somehow the teams your enemy is using to beat the teams on defense, they already have a problem with the idea, please back it to the board and think it right BEFORE launch, because you are creating a COMPETITIVE mode.

But I'll change my sentence "they never said a word about how they would compensate the people that lost to cheaters." I can understand their side "should I assume it and compensate the people, or I can just say that I'm working in something that can happen with you OR NOT and avoid compensate people?"

I'm happy for you man, looks like to you everything is fine. That's the kind the people companies like.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member

But I'll change my sentence "they never said a word about how they would compensate the people that lost to cheaters."

Still false:

kzjumlibhcpf.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206596/anti-cheating-competitive-integrity
  • Chima
    113 posts Member

But I'll change my sentence "they never said a word about how they would compensate the people that lost to cheaters."

Still false:

kzjumlibhcpf.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206596/anti-cheating-competitive-integrity

Oh, "wherever possible" and "we will attempt", is it enough to you? How cute <3
    I think we are done here.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Still false:

kzjumlibhcpf.png

Enough for me to say "they never said a word about it" is flat out false? Yes.

Good idea, stop while you're way behind.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Still false:

kzjumlibhcpf.png

Lolz, have you reported anyone that you got matched with and who was later confirmed as a cheater? No? Ok.
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    How are we supposed to know if an exploit can be re-created (instructions given to us on these official forums by cg) without testing and videoing? People up in arms about this should first know what they’re talking about when discussing it - “cheating my way to the top of grand arena” was a click bait title that, had you done your research, would have realized he did not in fact get to the top of the grand arena... don’t argue things you don’t know the facts about @LynnYoda
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Still false:

kzjumlibhcpf.png

Lolz, have you reported anyone that you got matched with and who was later confirmed as a cheater? No? Ok.

Let me take a look on the last "list of cheaters" they released to see if my compensation is on the way.
    Nothing! But OK, maybe wasn't "possible" or they are "attempting" right now.
    But it's fine I'll be here happy with the empty words and I'll spend some money to support them because I'm this kind of guy. :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Still false:

kzjumlibhcpf.png

Let me take a look on the last "list of cheaters" they released to see if my compensation is on the way.
    Nothing! But OK, maybe wasn't "possible" or they are "attempting" right now.
    But it's fine I'll be here happy with the empty words and I'll spend some money to support them because I'm this kind of guy. :D:D:D:D:D:D

List of cheaters lmao.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025736/uploads/editor/l1/bwrn1muiw0w1.png

Wow ... alt still active is kinda amazing lol
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    When jyn stole the Death Star plans, was she doing the right thing? All you hard liners need to realize that sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette... this is the basis behind whistle blower protection... if this were a completely ftp game, I would understand a little more your guy’s hard line stance... but when customers are being told one thing (the June 18th announcement about shiny new tools) and the whistle blowers expose this to be a fallacy, they are doing the right thing.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I’m just voting with my wallet, tip of the spear player last 2 years, very focus roster... however I’m tired of the cheating going on and also this new (epic item ****) it will be no different than heat 13... feat 13 wins easier on Off, gear 12 still wins on Off... no change just another hoop....

Until cheating is resolved my wallet stays parked....
  • And if bulldog was cheating on his main, he’d be the **** person ever for posting it on YouTube, putting his face on it, putting his twitter handle on it, putting his discord server on it, etc... this is not the behavior of someone that you guys allege he is... if he had created a YouTube account with no identifying information and released this video, I could understand some of what you guys are saying... but this is the behavior of a whistle blower...
  • Whats really funny about all this is because my account was created on SWGOH before i turned 13, i cant report anyone.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Whats really funny about all this is because my account was created on SWGOH before i turned 13, i cant report anyone.

Doesn't sound like you're missing anything
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Whats really funny about all this is because my account was created on SWGOH before i turned 13, i cant report anyone.

Yes you can, just not in game, so report away.
  • Lordih
    62 posts Member
    without a battle log. where i can see in the war or gac. I can not judge whether the opponent cheats or not. you want to help us find chaeter then give us the opportunity to judge it. battle log or a picture of the team in which state health and protection is. without battle log it is fishing in the dull. And besides, you would have much less false reports.
  • I am still waiting on some new info a real shame I want to speed gear up my gk team dropping 100 dollars should work... but I am hesitant cause no information has came in about the cheating. All I know is share information on cheating you get banned, nothing new has come up and the outrage seems to have died down. But my wallet is still closed until I get some actual info more then "trust us" shame tbh my guildies need another padme group geared up but I am sure they can wait a month I sure as heck can.
  • Sorry just one more thing for Bulldog to say they can't catch cheaters hey look at this is very misleading. With the millions of battles a day I don't think CG make a priority to validate the losers. Because he stated he made sure he lost every round he cheated in. i am sorry if I am trying to remove cheating why would I be looking at people that are losing? It does not make sense. All his video did was make me feel uneasy anytime someone fully clears me with 1 shots. Now I have to guess whether what he left on offense was enough to one shot everything. Now trying to figure this out in TW is impossible. I mean all it would take is 1 member of a guild cheating to knock out a hard defense to make a difference. I mean you would not even think about if it got 2 or 3 defends first then they cheated to clear it.
  • These guys were teaching people how to cheat against YOU And you people who are defending them have it all backwards because you’re so hell-bent on rebelling against the man you cannot see who is really hurting your gameplay which is these two players that I mentioned. Honestly you kids are Incredibly backwards in your thinking.

You completely missed the point; they weren't teaching how to cheat, they were just showing that it could be done and how easy it was.

CG knew about this exploit for months and did nothing so Bulldog took one for the players and showed everyone how easy it is; hopefully now CG will close it down - and as a programmer I knew it's not that hard.
    In fact here's an offer, Dear CG, hire me on a 3 month contract and I'll fix the bug, if I can't fix it then don't pay me.
    My solution would involve a random number seed from the server to the client and then the fight checked on the server to see if what the client says is possible.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Keep the focus on the fact that there IS cheating in this game. It does not matter if a YouTuber posted it or joe blow private citizen. Cheating is the issue here.

The bottom line is, my wallet is closed for good, until there is verifiable proof that cheating has been dealt with and the game host and client devices have a verified process in place to stop the cheats. I know the solution exists and can be built easily. As posted above, I work with a ton of Software Engineers that do this stuff for a living and they say the fix is pretty simple and are surprised this is even a thing for an EA platform.
  • I know the solution exists and can be built easily. As posted above, I work with a ton of Software Engineers that do this stuff for a living and they say the fix is pretty simple and are surprised this is even a thing for an EA platform.

+1, coming from a developer, this is not a hard problem to fix. The mod re-use bug was similar; known for years, but not fixed (until it got posted to youtube). Hopefully the same thing happens here.
  • Gair wrote: »

Outdated info. They found it a while ago.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »

Outdated info. They found it a while ago.

But what if... they didn’t?
This discussion has been closed.