Why i think level 60 cap wont increase for a while

Basically if you increase cap to say 70/80 then your gna have to add a ton of new achievements and missions for daily just to keep up with how much xp wud be needed to level up otherwise its gna take a week to get 1 level

Replies

• That's the point, it's supposed to be slow progression. Plus levelling is fun. The cap SUCKS
  • And that's an issue why? Lol, the longer it takes to level up, the longer the content lasts and people stay hooked. It's not a race to hit 70/80 asap as the same thing will happen again, you'll get bored and keep asking for another cap increase.
  • i think a level cap increase just means p2p players can stride much further away from the f2p players before we have a chance to catch up even if it means were all level 60 for a month
  • Dajackal
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I like the idea of hitting 60 and then taking time to level up the rest of My Character Arsenal. Currently only my PVP team is top tier. Id like to form 3 or 4 teams to dominate Galactic Wars.
    134-693-359 Full but accepting lvl 70 only

dj
  • Dajackal wrote: »
    I like the idea of hitting 60 and then taking time to level up the rest of My Character Arsenal. Currently only my PVP team is top tier. Id like to form 3 or 4 teams to dominate Galactic Wars.

I like this idea also. It makes sense to give some decent period of time to let people level and great more than one squad without going broke. How long the cap shoud stay however is the hard question. Some hard core players might get bored faster than others.
  • This has already been brought up many times by myself and others. They are still creating the content needed to go beyond 60. They are also trying to give new people a chance to catch up to people who have been playing much longer.
  • They are going to need to raise the cap soon for the simple reason that if they do not, people will get bored and leave. Already on my server people are starting to clump up at the top of the PvP ladder now that everyone is 60 or close to it. Everyone has comparable-strength teams and with no way to defend, it's just snipe, snipe, snipe, there's no real strategy other than being online at the right time and spending crystals to bypass the timer.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I live being in a thread by Qeltar as he sums my thougths much better than me....

>it's just snipe, snipe, snipe, there's no real strategy other than being online at the right time and spending crystals to bypass the timer.

The consequence if this is, no hurry to spend on anything, thus no extra money for content, and lower player base as bored ones move on.

If content isn't ready then hurry. Butnif cap is intended as a feature then duh.

• Generally new content is slowly rolled out and cap increases can only be added so many times over the lifespan of the game. I'd expect every month or two to see one of the following: a cap raise, a new cantina node(guilds, new challenges, etc), or a new batch of characters.
  • Lol what if Jesse sees this and updates the game and raises the cap to 100 the next day
  • I see this game making huge $$$ early then petering out.
  • There is a possibility if they do introduce space battles, leveling could start over (hopefully with different energy) too. I read that was a possibility but have no idea how it would work, different ships form a new roster with ability upgrades too and leveling?

Or they do raise the level cap, but that always seems to alienate newer players, though this game does has decent lower tier rewards for newbies. They just have to figure out how to manage that wall for a fresh 60 (or whatever the cap is) and not get immediately matched up and slaughtered by vets.

There is a lot of potential, but as others have said, time is always a factor, esp in a mobile game, once you lose me, it's rare for me to come back to it.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    So far everything about this game is pointing to a nosedive. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Keaven wrote: »
    So far everything about this game is pointing to a nosedive. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Why do you say that? It's done pretty well in its first month and has big names (and big money) behind it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Keaven wrote: »

Well, you're in for a surprise if that's what you think! ;)
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • That wink scares me Jesse ;)
  • I think powerlifter makes a good point.
    This has already been brought up many times by myself and others. They are still creating the content needed to go beyond 60. They are also trying to give new people a chance to catch up to people who have been playing much longer.

It seems with only a week out of the release of the movie and only a month out of the global launch, things may start to really pick up. I would think a majority of global launch players would be hitting 60 within a week, give or take if they haven't done so already

Plus the wink from Jesse does things to me that no other wink has done before
  • I'm lvl 58, and once I hit 60 I hope to enjoy myself force bit, catch up on my team, gather resources, not be broke on credits, and finally get to work on a solid team, rather than a rushed team, which created 80% of arena having bariss, Dooku, luminara, and sidious

We should have at least 1 month before a cap increase, otherwise arena will never get a chance to have diversity

Let's have diverse teams and try new synergies instead of rushing to 70 and staying the same team since launch
  • I'm lvl 58, and once I hit 60 I hope to enjoy myself force bit, catch up on my team, gather resources, not be broke on credits, and finally get to work on a solid team, rather than a rushed team, which created 80% of arena having bariss, Dooku, luminara, and sidious

We should have at least 1 month before a cap increase, otherwise arena will never get a chance to have diversity

Let's have diverse teams and try new synergies instead of rushing to 70 and staying the same team since launch

They could fix that by simply making every character in the game farmable.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Keaven wrote: »

Well, you're in for a surprise if that's what you think! ;)
    Please prove me wrong :smiley:
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot