How often would you use Guild Sandbox?

According to the devs Q&A, they don't think there would be enough interest/use to warrant adding a sandbox mode where guild members could set teams, and others could fight them. Personally, my guild would use the heck out such a feature, but maybe we're just outliers. I know the forum isn't the perfect sample size, but I still think it's a pretty good determinant.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

How often would you use Guild Sandbox? 76 votes

Daily/weekly
88%
YOUniverse10centLovinObi1_master1QuigonlivesNadebotfmCaptainRexGeitsTamchpMINIsolo_77lukeslefthandTeeeemJerubaal001BenchmarkzomBEspalding1UnlimitedpowarCombatCommander7Zaraosjr8972686PeteskeetKrjstoffSnokeonaUnicorn 67 votes
Monthly
0%
Occasionally (such as when a new team is released)
10%
plindboeAntiFunnExapherthecarterologist958RisinDragonEdwardoounoCadoaBane 8 votes
Never
1%
lucasbartonjr 1 vote

Replies

• uno
    150 posts Member
    i took their dismissal of the idea as one based on $....if we help them to figure out how to monetize, we'll get one
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Daily/weekly
    uno wrote: »
    i took their dismissal of the idea as one based on $....if we help them to figure out how to monetize, we'll get one

Exactly
  • Daily/weekly
    What Uno said..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Billiam
    74 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Daily/weekly
    Ways to monetize:
    Each battle costs 10, or 100 sim tickets, sure many of us have gigantic stashes, but that's only because we can't spend them on anything faster than we accumulate from buying refreshes.

The feature itself requires a 1000 Crystal purchase from each player (or an equivalent total across the whole guild). Think like a "guild hall" found in games like Maple story, where each member is encouraged to contribute to building up a collective guild hall with more and more features as you pay in. (Alternative names: Private Cantina, Spaceport, your own "Jabbas" palace, etc.)

You can pay crystals to get X amount of time in the holodecks or whatever you call it. 100 crystals gets you 12hours of access to the training facility or whatever.

You pay crystals to unlock training mode or whatever equivalent per character you want available for you to train against. With a scale of costs based on the relative "meta-ness" of who you're unlocking. I.E. Malak costs 500 crystals to unlock a training version, versus 50 for a Jawa.

I thought of these things in the span of a few minutes, so no real depth or attachment, just suggestions.

Edited to say these are all different options, not one monetization plan. Though some could be combined
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    while the idea is a fun one, would love to battle my guild members, if will unfortunately allow players to formulate different ways to build or beat teams,
  • Daily/weekly
    Dropper wrote: »
    while the idea is a fun one, would love to battle my guild members, if will unfortunately allow players to formulate different ways to build or beat teams,

Yeah...that's kinda the point
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Daily/weekly

In what way is this unfortunate?
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

if you can beat something you wont spend to beat it
  • Daily/weekly
    Dk_rek wrote: »

if you can beat something you wont spend to beat it

Huh? If I can beat Malak in sandbox, I suddenly won't care about beating him in arena, GA, or TW?
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    dev's choice would nerf or buff depending what was needed(how palp teams could beat malak initially)

as far as monetizing they could introduce an unlock mechanic to a pay for only toon(crystal purchase) similar to malak appearing in get store after initial unlock...could b a way to bring more 'expensive' toons in game w/o too much complaint cuz 'hey, didn't they give us sandbox for this?'...lol
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    well ok...i would definitely change my vote to a heck of a lot more...between the new toons, reworks, g13, soon to b relics so much has changed in the game and there's no way to test other than occasionally in GA,TW and there ur penalized for failure....this is supposed to be a strategy game but no way to actually learn it???
  • Daily/weekly
    Playing against your friends Teams would be nice. Its like whoe has the bigger **** :-). Maybe you can buy a battle with 1.000 - Ally Points.