Malak coming soon

Prev134
I saw that the Malak event on swgoh events has changed from no estimate to coming soon. I wonder if the DR event will come back early or.....? Your all thoughts??

Replies

• August, this month is trade marked and cannot be used without the express permission of the Emperor whose month this is. Soon is a copyrighted trademark of CG with snarkisms.
    🕷🐷
  • Long live emperor 🕷🐷
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Malak better come with Darth Revan or ima be done
  • Hopefully in time for my birthday.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

See ya! Not like we haven’t already had DR a few times to get ready. There’s only so much that can be done to drag people along
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    The last Devan event was two months ago. If Malak 2 is this month, which all signs point to, then that would be a pretty early running of Devan 3. Not necessarily out of the question, but it would be unreasonable to get upset if they didn't come together.
    Still not a he.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    DR should be coming early next month if they follow the 80-100 day cadence
  • 9hw6raekb0xq.gif
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    They don't need to run Malak event in conjunction with Dr and I doubt they will.
  • Khezmell wrote: »
    9hw6raekb0xq.gif

jtder0nhsj8w.gif
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Khezmell wrote: »
    9hw6raekb0xq.gif

Sorry mate this ain't it
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The last Devan event was two months ago. If Malak 2 is this month, which all signs point to, then that would be a pretty early running of Devan 3. Not necessarily out of the question, but it would be unreasonable to get upset if they didn't come together.

True
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    They don't need to run Malak event in conjunction with Dr and I doubt they will.

@No_Try , to be fair, I think they’ve always run the R2 event concurrently with CLS, and the BB-8 event with JTR the same way. I could be mistaken.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Besides, DRevan 3 should appear in the calendar. Only the first two runs are surprise events.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »

@No_Try , to be fair, I think they’ve always run the R2 event concurrently with CLS, and the BB-8 event with JTR the same way. I could be mistaken.

Yep R2 is with CLS, BB-8 is wit JTR & Chewie is with HMF.

Only makes sense
  • Fauztin wrote: »

And to be fair, Malak is a new style of event, and Drevan did not run alongside the first coming of Malak. He ran weeks before the event. Therefore, there really should be no expectation of Drevan running concurrently with the Malak event ( or jedi revan, for that matter). Would it be nice? Yes. But that's why a lot of us powered through with our farms in preparation of the second coming of Drevan. We had no indication that Drevan would come a third time before Malak's second, nor should we expect it.
  • Jabob79 wrote: »
    I saw that the Malak event on swgoh events has changed from no estimate to coming soon. I wonder if the DR event will come back early or.....? Your all thoughts??

Malak will not return until the next GAC starts. They are gonna give whales one extra month to play with their toy before the new meta arrives.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    If Malak 2 is this month, which all signs point to

Hey, see that tumbleweed. It's a sign.

Seriously though the only word we've had on Malak's return was from the Q&A, and that word was 'soon', and is tantamount to sod all.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @emoore123 , my point was not that DR and Malak were released together. That was not the case with R2/CLS nor with BB-8/JTR. But they ended up returning together that way because the former character is required in the latter’s event. Not that they’re directly tied to each other for the same release cadence, and you’re right, Malak’s event IS different and new, but it still wouldn’t be far-fetched for it to happen. Expectations? I expect nothing anymore 🤷‍♂️
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • j0nny
    21 posts Member
    from a revenue point of view, they would be better placed to release both. No DR means cannot progress for Malak means no panic farm.

if DR is achievable panic farm for both ensues for those who haven't planned correctly

I expect to see them return together.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    a6e4ejzajjvj.jpeg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    j0nny wrote: »
    from a revenue point of view, they would be better placed to release both. No DR means cannot progress for Malak means no panic farm.

if DR is achievable panic farm for both ensues for those who haven't planned correctly

I expect to see them return together.

Come to think of it, they will probably pull the "start of the month" trick again - schedule both DR and Malak at the start of the (probably next) month, technically following their cadency and putting the third repeat of DR into the calendar while actually giving us a week (or less) heads up.
  • Does Malak comes back before or after Darth Revan comes back ?
  • Does Malak comes back before or after Darth Revan comes back ?

That's easy to answer:

a) he comes after DR
    b) he comes before DR
    c) they come toghether and have a party

Sorry couldn't resist :-), no one knows of course
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Does Malak comes back before or after Darth Revan comes back ?

No one knows, but if malak is in the next 30 days, there is almost no way DR comes before him.
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Max of 15 days for his return, i bet. All in.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Either case the event type has no precedent, it doesn't have to abide by anything.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I bet Malak will be this weekend, or early next week...they need something to distract the community from the cheating and banning dumpster fire.
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I bet Malak will be this weekend, or early next week...they need something to distract the community from the cheating and banning dumpster fire.

I would have agreed a few days back as the weekend calendar looks sparce even for swgoh. Last time Malak came he arrived on a friday and they announced his coming on the wednesday or thrusday. So if they are following the previous run - he's not coming this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.