Contraban cargo: deadly/tough tier

Prev1
JDIII
1736 posts Member
Does anyone ever play the last tier? It seems the chance in getting one of the Falcons is better than a couple extra pieces of ship mats and a little bit of extra ship credits.

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Unless you already farmed Falcons.
  • I do for the prestige. I want to finish all the capitals ASAP and I don't really use the falcons.
  • I’ve never got the falcon shard I need so just go for the mats
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I used to go highest tier but the mats have built up so much now I went back to the lower tier for the shard shop currency lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I used to go highest tier but the mats have built up so much now I went back to the lower tier for the shard shop currency lol.

Ditto
  • Stalbot
    131 posts Member
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Ditto

Ditto
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I did deadly once to satisfy my need to 3* it. Now I just auto next hardest so I can get shard shop currency
  • Rey's ship was low on my list. I always ran the deadly tier for the better mats, but now I'm loaded with those now and have dropped back a tier. Last time I got shard currency, today, 10 shards that I needed :)
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nope, I don’t ever do the last tier. Rather have the shards.
  • I am playing the last tier till I finish leveling Chimera's abilities, after that I will go back one.
  • Langy
    25 posts Member
    I always play the top tier, but every time this event rolls around, I wonder if I should do the second last tier for extra shards in the shard shop.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Langy wrote: »
    I always play the top tier, but every time this event rolls around, I wonder if I should do the second last tier for extra shards in the shard shop.

this, but my rey falcon is low * and ship is awful so eh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Everytime I go for the ship shards I only get the shards for ships I already have at 7* so I stopped wasting time and just go for the deadly tier
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    For now, I'm doing the second to last tier because I'm farming both Falcons. But once that's done, the small amount of shard shop currency won't be worth it.
    Still not a he.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I always do second-to-last even though the only ship I still need shards for is Rey's Falcon (which I think I've gotten from the event once ever since it's existed). It still gives a solid amount of ship mats, and I generally need shard shop coin more urgently.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    For now, I'm doing the second to last tier because I'm farming both Falcons. But once that's done, the small amount of shard shop currency won't be worth it.

Counterpoint: The small bump in ship mats between the two tiers isn't worth it, especially given how much I've built up. I can always use more shard currency. I run out of ships to bother with.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Counterpoint: The small bump in ship mats between the two tiers isn't worth it, especially given how much I've built up. I can always use more shard currency. I run out of ships to bother with.
    Valid decision for you. But I have some major fleet projects ahead of me, and while I have a stash of ship omegas and reinforcement mats, I know it won't go as far as I want it to.
    Still not a he.
  • Mostly I go for the 2nd tier for shard shop currency. Today I did one tier 3 and one tier 2, just because I felt like it.
  • I've unlocked Rey's Falcon only with these events.
  • I'm doing the last tier to build up my own stock pile and finish the reinforcement abilities for my Rebels. I don't care for Rey's Falcon, through farming Rey I got it to 6* which is enough.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • ToxicFish
    121 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I do last tier purely for more ship omega, pull in enough shard shop already.
    Every day I get arena shard, gw shard, canteen shard and farming shards from hard node e.g xanadu ship with droideka farm and veers with extinction.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Having over 4K prestige, it holds now value for me. I stopped farming it from arena ages ago. Arena currency all goes to shard shop conversion.

That being said, I don’t go for falcon shards for shard shop conversion because the ship omega mats are still really valuable and will continue to be for quite a while.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Omg I didn't even know lower tiers gave shards lol. I've always been doing the highest tier without even checking the others. I just assumed the others gave the same stuff but just a lower amount. Glad I found this thread lol.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @Disruptor92 , I could be mistaken, but I believe this is the ONLY event that works in this way where the rewards are different than the highest tier rewards (where normally, it’s a simple progression reward system where the higher tier always has more of the same stuff or adds something new, but never takes away)

Edit: my memory instantly corrected me - Ewok AT-ST and NSs events that reward Wicket and MT shards switch to zeta rewards.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Disruptor92
    835 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Fauztin wrote: »
    @Disruptor92 , I could be mistaken, but I believe this is the ONLY event that works in this way where the rewards are different than the highest tier rewards (where normally, it’s a simple progression reward system where the higher tier always has more of the same stuff or adds something new, but never takes away)

Edit: my memory instantly corrected me - Ewok AT-ST and NSs events that reward Wicket and MT shards switch to zeta rewards.

I think there are actually even more events that give different stuff in the last tier. Like those that give omegas instead of shards or whatnot. But I just was surprised to see that the lower tiers actually give shards. I just never looked. Lesson learned lol.
  • Should 3* every tier.
    Completionist 101