Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Brindle wrote: »
    I know the solution exists and can be built easily. As posted above, I work with a ton of Software Engineers that do this stuff for a living and they say the fix is pretty simple and are surprised this is even a thing for an EA platform.

+1, coming from a developer, this is not a hard problem to fix. The mod re-use bug was similar; known for years, but not fixed (until it got posted to youtube). Hopefully the same thing happens here.

I sometimes wonder if those maintaining the game, created the game. Now, put down the torches, those hired to create the game initially are not always kept on. They cost too much to keep on, and most would rather move on to new challenges. So, as i said I wonder. And again, drop the torches. Every dev, coder, and all those in between have their strengths and weaknesses. They may not be the ones to tear apart the code and rework it, or it could be a case of code bloat, legacy code, or one too many patches. It's real easy to say "just fix it".
  • Kind of random but can we get a new splash screen? I think with all the new content we could use one. Maybe even make it by era. A couple splashes even. Alternates. I would love to see that
  • And the forums/Reddit catch on fire for banning McMole and Bulldog...

My 2 cents on the Bulldog is this. We can all have an opinion on what his intentions were. Good, bad, or indifferent it really doesn’t matter. Irregardless of what he intended to do the fact remains he cheated. Period. End of story folks. You either accept this fact or you do not. The why is irrelevant. “But he just wanted to bring awareness to the Devs and this isn’t fair to him”. I say bull-kitten.

Let’s take this scenario and put it in a different context. I’m a concerned citizen about speeding in my neighborhood and the police’s inability to do something about it. So as an experiment I go speeding through my neighborhood every day for a couple of weeks and I don’t get caught. And then one day I decide to post a video of what I have been doing. The police being the savvy type of people they are see my video of me acting the fool and the next day I get stopped for doing the same thing again and get a ticket for it. Do you think a judge is going to buy the “I was trying to raise awareness of the problem in my neighborhood” as a defense for this action? The answer is no. It doesn’t matter what my intentions were. I broke the law and there are consequences for my actions. This whole thing with Bulldog is exactly this. Now do I think there are mitigating factors here? Well yes. Do I think there are aggravating factors here? Yes as well.

The biggest issue I take with Bulldog is not only did he cheat. Not only did he come out and say I want to get caught. But that he took the extra step by stating that if they didn’t reverse his ban he would then post the information on how to cheat. I’m not seeing a lot of “buzz” about THIS particular part of his so called noble crusade. Let me translate this for some of you. “If I don’t get my way I’m going to tell you how I learned to cheat”. That’s what he’s saying. Now you tell me HOW this in any shape, form, or fashion helps the community. But Bulldog would never say that or that’s not what he meant you cry: (Go to 12m 5 seconds of this link if it doesn’t take you there)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvvee-RJIpw&feature=youtu.be&t=12m05s

You can’t tell me the Devs don’t know that cheating exists. They addressed it recently. Before this whole thing blew up. So why the video to bring “awareness”? I don’t know and I’m not going to speculate. One thing I do know is that what he did wasn’t smart. For those of you defending him what would you expect CG to do in this scenario. What’s to say the next person who gets caught says “Well my intent was to make you aware”. Will you raise the pitchforks for this person or will you condemn him as a cheater and agree that he should be permanently banned? The reason this whole thing has gained traction is because McMole got banned too.

Which brings me to McMole. And I’m not going to beat around the bush. I like McMole and his video content has always been helpful in my opinion. But he certainly didn’t fire on all cylinders when he made that video. That being said I don’t think he deserved a one-month suspension for posting that video. He didn’t cheat. He didn’t provide source information on how to cheat. He gave an opinion on Bulldog’s video (or audio to be more specific) which brought the information to a much more broader audience. And that’s where he screwed up in my opinion. CG could have handled it differently by having him remove the video and given him a conversation behind the curtain versus the action they took. So egg on CG’s face for how they handled McMole.

SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kind of random but can we get a new splash screen? I think with all the new content we could use one. Maybe even make it by era. A couple splashes even. Alternates. I would love to see that

Are we upto the point in the topic when it's time to drop requests? I want forever young by alphaville to play on cantina.
  • Didnt know that its possible to cheat ... man really poor people who need to cheat!
    Member of "Austria Fleet"! First Order Player
  • Boofpoof wrote: »
    Let’s take this scenario and put it in a different context. I’m a concerned citizen about speeding in my neighborhood and the police’s inability to do something about it. So as an experiment I go speeding through my neighborhood every day for a couple of weeks and I don’t get caught. And then one day I decide to post a video of what I have been doing. The police being the savvy type of people they are see my video of me acting the fool and the next day I get stopped for doing the same thing again and get a ticket for it. Do you think a judge is going to buy the “I was trying to raise awareness of the problem in my neighborhood” as a defense for this action? The answer is no.
    But in your example the police always knew people were speeding and it was happening, the difference here is that CG have refused to admit that it happens or is as widespread as it really is.

Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Indeed, i felt i'm playing in a "sure" environment (especially after it was shown that this is a central topic for the devs after that post few months ago), this whole stuff is really disturbing i have to say.
    Now i'm always questioning if i'm loosing in a deserved way, or if i've been cheated...very disturbing.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Franke
    116 posts Member
    Whats really funny about all this is because my account was created on SWGOH before i turned 13, i cant report anyone.

Lol!🍌
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Funny thing is that all you guys are moaning about is the arena cheat!
    Many so called whales have been buying their Crystal's from websites on the internet for years now, while ms y of tou have been paying tour hard earned cash.

I stumbled across one of these sites after looking for promotional gift cards like the ones that had a free scavenger ray that time.

They are actually selling 100 dollars worth of Crystal's for as little as 15 dollars and CG has not done anything for atlesst 2 years.

The people that are selling these have countless reviews on their profiles from happy customers.
    So cheating has and always will be alive and well on this game, may aswell stop moaning and get used to it
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    These guys were teaching people how to cheat against YOU And you people who are defending them have it all backwards because you’re so hell-bent on rebelling against the man you cannot see who is really hurting your gameplay which is these two players that I mentioned. Honestly you kids are Incredibly backwards in your thinking.

You completely missed the point; they weren't teaching how to cheat, they were just showing that it could be done and how easy it was.

CG knew about this exploit for months and did nothing so Bulldog took one for the players and showed everyone how easy it is; hopefully now CG will close it down - and as a programmer I knew it's not that hard.
    In fact here's an offer, Dear CG, hire me on a 3 month contract and I'll fix the bug, if I can't fix it then don't pay me.
    My solution would involve a random number seed from the server to the client and then the fight checked on the server to see if what the client says is possible.

Months?

Actually, this cheat/hacked apk ect. has existed since the games launch. I could link Reddit posts from years ago where people talked about this and went mostly unnoticed by people. Can't on here of course since those posts here get deleted since CG/EA has tried to hide this fact since the games launch.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    Let’s take this scenario and put it in a different context. I’m a concerned citizen about speeding in my neighborhood and the police’s inability to do something about it. So as an experiment I go speeding through my neighborhood every day for a couple of weeks and I don’t get caught. And then one day I decide to post a video of what I have been doing. The police being the savvy type of people they are see my video of me acting the fool and the next day I get stopped for doing the same thing again and get a ticket for it. Do you think a judge is going to buy the “I was trying to raise awareness of the problem in my neighborhood” as a defense for this action? The answer is no.
    But in your example the police always knew people were speeding and it was happening, the difference here is that CG have refused to admit that it happens or is as widespread as it really is.

Can you explain, how do you know they refused to admit it happens? Didnt they make a post that they were stepping up monitoring? Doesnt that show they are acknowledging that it happens and trying to put a stop to it?

Nothing posted in any way has shown how widespread it possibly is, can you explain how widespread it is and share some relative information on the statistics?
  • In fact here's an offer, Dear CG, hire me on a 3 month contract and I'll fix the bug, if I can't fix it then don't pay me.
    My solution would involve a random number seed from the server to the client and then the fight checked on the server to see if what the client says is possible.

You're hired. Please show up on Monday in business casual. Legit business casual (not shorts and indoor sunglasses).
  • Well payday is here and I check this forum for some resolution.. still the only solution to cheating is to hide it. Sweep it under the rugs and remove all posts. That's it. 0 addressing 0 acknowledgement.... sigh I had so much planned for those Crystal's too. (Raid was fun.. but very too Time consuming with little auto functionality and the money I spent there was wasted by overpriced getcha stuff that gave me nothing... so I wont be going back there.)

So I am here for now as a f2p player.... let's hope it's as fun.
  • Stryder80211
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nothing posted in any way has shown how widespread it possibly is, can you explain how widespread it is and share some relative information on the statistics?

Um. Kyno, you do know the answer as to who actually would be able to share that information? Right? Your question is as rhetorical as mine are?

Look. Exposing cheaters is not a transparent process from CG. People are divided on the applicable punishment for two YouTubers. It's complex.

And zero tolerance policies have rarely worked in the history of the world, CG. There is a larger, unaddressed issue here.

EDITED: 30% without a reference point might be considered relative information.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Um. Kyno, you do know the answer as to who actually would be able to share that information? Right? Your question is as rhetorical as mine are?

Look. Exposing cheaters is not a transparent process from CG. People are divided on the applicable punishment for two YouTubers. It's complex.

And zero tolerance policies have rarely worked in the history of the world, CG. There is a larger, unaddressed issue here.

EDITED: 30% without a reference point might be considered relative information.

If they caught 3 guys before then catching 4 now is roughly 30%. But if we want exact numbers, maybe the number moved from 10 to 13. :smile:
  • Just because a persons acct is aimed for GAC and lacks the real depth of the game. There is so many different aspects to have your acct to be playable that doesn't mean there cheating or it's bad match making on CG fault. U are able to go any route on building your squads just because u did it different isn't an excuse to blame others.So until u focus on building your squads for GAC stop crying or quit playing. All this snitching is ridiculous.Grow up or don't play. If u don't have money to pay for what u need then live with it. U are waisting so much precious time the developers have on bogus reports.
  • Here's the bottom line, bulldog violated the terms of service, and on top of that informed potentially thousands of other players how to do so as well making cg's efforts to fix the issue which they've already made clear they are working on so much harder. Frankly they made the right decision to ban him. It was a stupid and short sighted thing to do on his part. No one should bring attention to cheating. The devs are kept very well aware of what's going on in the game. Customer service goes through EA so it's no surprise when we don't hear anything back from them but there are highly reputable players like warrior that keep in close contact with the devs so we shouldnt be so quick to jump to irrational decisions and take matters into our own hands. This clearly shows that does more harm than good.
  • Boofpoof wrote: »

The biggest issue I take with Bulldog is not only did he cheat. Not only did he come out and say I want to get caught. But that he took the extra step by stating that if they didn’t reverse his ban he would then post the information on how to cheat. I’m not seeing a lot of “buzz” about THIS particular part of his so called noble crusade. Let me translate this for some of you. “If I don’t get my way I’m going to tell you how I learned to cheat”. That’s what he’s saying. Now you tell me HOW this in any shape, form, or fashion helps the community.

You can’t tell me the Devs don’t know that cheating exists. They addressed it recently. Before this whole thing blew up. So why the video to bring “awareness”?

The first screen shot you are referring to was 1) taken way out of context and 2) still a dumb thing for me to say, as I was frustrated with being banned, and I definitely regret it and specifically messaged CG to make it clear I was not blackmailing them and wouldn’t be doing that. Or even fighting my ban period. People were sending tons of questions wanting to know which mod I used. I refused to say. They were all shooting guesses at me. When I got banned and thought I was done with this game I suddenly didn’t care what happened anymore, and I said I would say which of the ones it was. It wasn’t blackmail. I wasn’t going to teach people how to use it. It’s a mod you have to pay for, so I can’t just send my copy across the internet. It was still stupid of me to say, but I think people are interpreting it way worse than it actually was.

As for the 2nd part, I wasn’t raising awareness with the devs. They’ve known about this since at least tournaments and I’d assume earlier. I was raising awareness with the community. The devs knowing about it already was exactly why I didn’t feel the need to report it to them first.
  • Kyno wrote: »

What statistic could anyone have that could show how widespread cheating is? If CG catches a bunch of people, does that mean cheating is rampant or CG does a great job shutting it down? If they catch few people does it mean there isn’t much cheating or tons of people are just getting away with it?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

What statistic could anyone have that could show how widespread cheating is? If CG catches a bunch of people, does that mean cheating is rampant or CG does a great job shutting it down? If they catch few people does it mean there isn’t much cheating or tons of people are just getting away with it?

So you're saying anyone who claims there's rampant cheating going on is basically talking out of his/her behind because there's no way to know? Interresting ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

The biggest issue I take with Bulldog is not only did he cheat. Not only did he come out and say I want to get caught. But that he took the extra step by stating that if they didn’t reverse his ban he would then post the information on how to cheat. I’m not seeing a lot of “buzz” about THIS particular part of his so called noble crusade. Let me translate this for some of you. “If I don’t get my way I’m going to tell you how I learned to cheat”. That’s what he’s saying. Now you tell me HOW this in any shape, form, or fashion helps the community.

You can’t tell me the Devs don’t know that cheating exists. They addressed it recently. Before this whole thing blew up. So why the video to bring “awareness”?

The first screen shot you are referring to was 1) taken way out of context and 2) still a dumb thing for me to say, as I was frustrated with being banned, and I definitely regret it and specifically messaged CG to make it clear I was not blackmailing them and wouldn’t be doing that. Or even fighting my ban period. People were sending tons of questions wanting to know which mod I used. I refused to say. They were all shooting guesses at me. When I got banned and thought I was done with this game I suddenly didn’t care what happened anymore, and I said I would say which of the ones it was. It wasn’t blackmail. I wasn’t going to teach people how to use it. It’s a mod you have to pay for, so I can’t just send my copy across the internet. It was still stupid of me to say, but I think people are interpreting it way worse than it actually was.

As for the 2nd part, I wasn’t raising awareness with the devs. They’ve known about this since at least tournaments and I’d assume earlier. I was raising awareness with the community. The devs knowing about it already was exactly why I didn’t feel the need to report it to them first.
    g4y6644kdbh2.jpeg

• As for the 2nd part, I wasn’t raising awareness with the devs. They’ve known about this since at least tournaments and I’d assume earlier. I was raising awareness with the community. The devs knowing about it already was exactly why I didn’t feel the need to report it to them first.

I don't believe your intentions. We've all seen a screenshot in this thread where you talked about how many clicks you got on your channel and that it was important to you that no other youtuber would get the credit for it. And this is the main problem with the youtube community nowadays. People should make videos about something they like, and if it's a game for the love of the game itself; not for some questionable "fame". You have been in a position where you could have shown your material to the devs and work with them together on a solution, but instead decided to stir up everyone and provoke even people asking how to cheat! do you think it's not for a reason when not everything gets spread out? Now a lot of more people know about "how easy" it could be done, due to your own statements. Meaning, a lot of more people will try to get away with it before more can be done against it.
  • Does anyone here honestly think that CG cares about cheating?

Of course they do. If it costs them money.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Chima wrote: »
    The only question I have is: Will CG give to us something because we lost to cheaters?

Did you lose to a cheater?

How would he know? I guess he could ask CG. Oh wait.
  • Well payday is here and I check this forum for some resolution.. still the only solution to cheating is to hide it. Sweep it under the rugs and remove all posts. That's it. 0 addressing 0 acknowledgement.... sigh I had so much planned for those Crystal's too. (Raid was fun.. but very too Time consuming with little auto functionality and the money I spent there was wasted by overpriced getcha stuff that gave me nothing... so I wont be going back there.)

So I am here for now as a f2p player.... let's hope it's as fun.

It's not. You can still have fun though.
  • Ok since this not so secret cheat is finally getting the attention it should have gotten years ago, my question is, how many of you still plan to spend your money on the game knowing the possible results?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ok since this not so secret cheat is finally getting the attention it should have gotten years ago, my question is, how many of you still plan to spend your money on the game knowing the possible results?

Are you asking this question because you think it has gotten more likely that people/spenders run into cheaters now that it finaly got the attention it should have gotten years ago?
    Otherwise the default awnser be "Yes", because effectively nothing changed.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Quigonlives
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Mandalore wrote: »
    Here's the bottom line, bulldog violated the terms of service, and on top of that informed potentially thousands of other players how to do so as well making cg's efforts to fix the issue which they've already made clear they are working on so much harder. Frankly they made the right decision to ban him. It was a stupid and short sighted thing to do on his part. No one should bring attention to cheating. The devs are kept very well aware of what's going on in the game. Customer service goes through EA so it's no surprise when we don't hear anything back from them but there are highly reputable players like warrior that keep in close contact with the devs so we shouldnt be so quick to jump to irrational decisions and take matters into our own hands. This clearly shows that does more harm than good.

This. Well said sir it’s a shame the majority of the community do you not understand the big picture here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

@Bulldog1205

This.
    leef wrote: »

So you're saying anyone who claims there's rampant cheating going on is basically talking out of his/her behind because there's no way to know? Interresting ;)

My point is that people are making baseless claims about things with literally no backing at all.

Since that does nothing for the actual convention, I figured I would just ask, just in case someone who is claiming these things has real information.
This discussion has been closed.