Am I missing something with Nihilus?

Prev1
I just fought an arena team with Palp lead, Nihilus, Sion, DRevan, and BSF.

Short story is I landed fear on Nihilus, so he loses a turn. Then his turn comes around again, he uses Drain Force. (I had CBM or Ferocity on everybody so it worked on everybody. Then his very next turn he annihilates. Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s only 7 cooldowns removed, not 8. One for his lost turn, then 5 for Drain Force plus the one for the turn he used Drain Force. Annihilate’s cooldown is 8. So, what am I missing?

Replies

• I've been noticing this too. I swear it's a bug
  • I've been noticing this too. I swear it's a bug

It’s extraordinarily frustrating, especially when taunt is off SiTrooper and boom I’m suddenly short a DRevan in what seems to be one turn ahead.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Make a video and post it
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    When this kind of thing happens, 99% of the time it's because you weren't really paying attention because you were watching TV while playing or something and he did take a turn that you just didn't notice.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    When this kind of thing happens, 99% of the time it's because you weren't really paying attention because you were watching TV while playing or something and he did take a turn that you just didn't notice.

Where did you get that estimate from?

Data tracking.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UnbelieverInME
    451 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Sounds like an i++ logic error.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So I swear I have seen Fallen Basty takes a turn immediately after having both fear and CBM. Maybe I'm missing some basic mechanic.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    So I swear I have seen Fallen Basty takes a turn immediately after having both fear and CBM. Maybe I'm missing some basic mechanic.

What does CBM have to do with it?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I have thought I've seen that with fear too, but I think it's generally either because it was a fear from my BSF that failed to land, or I accidentally hit her with it still up.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

I thought CBM was supposed to prevent her from applying CBM - but maybe not as its not a used ability and its passive?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

I thought CBM was supposed to prevent her from applying CBM - but maybe not as its not a used ability and its passive?

Correct, CBM doesn't prevent CBM. Fear also doesn't prevent CBM afaik.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    CBM is passively applied, not an ability used.
  • But the first (missed) turn the CD goes to 7, the next turn it goes to 6. Then minus 5 cause drain force, so it's at 1. Next turn it's at zero, so ready to use (and he does).

That's how cooldown works, is it not? Look at Sabine's special (with CD 2), you can use that every other turn.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Sounds like Vekasa answered it.

If he didn't could you be missing a turn? DN gets 10% everytime Sion/Traya are debuffed, and SE teams throw out alot of debuffs
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    One thing to look out for is Traya using the Isolate ability. Even if she can't apply Isolate (because of CBM) she can still reduce cooldowns by 1.

I use this on my Arena team to Annihilate against DR teams the EXACT same way you described.
  • RCorr
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    CD is reduced by 1 at the end of a turn. Fear only reduces CD if it's dispelled by dmg. Nihilus gains a lot of TM with many debuffs being throw about. Traya can (and will) reduce Nihilus CD with her isolate ability.

Any or all of misinformation around these facts may be causing confusion, but most importantly:
    Nihilus isn't bugged. Whatever is happening is supposed to be happening, even if the interaction is difficult to deduce.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Veskasa1 wrote: »
    But the first (missed) turn the CD goes to 7, the next turn it goes to 6. Then minus 5 cause drain force, so it's at 1. Next turn it's at zero, so ready to use (and he does).

That's how cooldown works, is it not? Look at Sabine's special (with CD 2), you can use that every other turn.

Your math doesn't add up. You remove CD when his turn ends and then when his next turn comes, you remove CD again. It's not how the mechanic works.

Battle begins. 8 turns CD on annihilate. Fear is applied. Nih misses turn. Next turn comes on, he has 7 CD on his ability. He uses Drain Force, reducing the cooldown from 7 to 2. His turn ends which means -1 CD on annihilate. His next turn comes. He has 1 CD left on his annihilate.

Same goes for Sabine. She gets a turn. She use Darksaber Strike. Her turn ends, reducing her cooldown from 2 to 1. Her next turn comes. She has 1 CD on her special.

OP - did you use both DR's aoe fear and BSF fear? Since Nihil gains TM when Sion/Traya is inflicted with a debuff, it's very possible that the battle went like that -> You use DR and fear everyone, Nihil gets TM and his turn is over(it happens fast so you might miss it), then you use fear with BSF -> Nihil once again has fear, but you also applied a lot of debuffs again, meaning he got TM once more. This might make it look as if it's still his first turn, when it's actually his second one.
  • Veskasa1 wrote: »
    But the first (missed) turn the CD goes to 7, the next turn it goes to 6. Then minus 5 cause drain force, so it's at 1. Next turn it's at zero, so ready to use (and he does).

Your math doesn't add up. You remove CD when his turn ends and then when his next turn comes, you remove CD again. It's not how the mechanic works.

Battle begins. 8 turns CD on annihilate. Fear is applied. Nih misses turn. Next turn comes on, he has 7 CD on his ability. He uses Drain Force, reducing the cooldown from 7 to 2. His turn ends which means -1 CD on annihilate. His next turn comes. He has 1 CD left on his annihilate.

Same goes for Sabine. She gets a turn. She use Darksaber Strike. Her turn ends, reducing her cooldown from 2 to 1. Her next turn comes. She has 1 CD on her special.

OP - did you use both DR's aoe fear and BSF fear? Since Nihil gains TM when Sion/Traya is inflicted with a debuff, it's very possible that the battle went like that -> You use DR and fear everyone, Nihil gets TM and his turn is over(it happens fast so you might miss it), then you use fear with BSF -> Nihil once again has fear, but you also applied a lot of debuffs again, meaning he got TM once more. This might make it look as if it's still his first turn, when it's actually his second one.

No, I specifically didn’t use Fear from my DR because I had CBM so it wouldn’t stick.
  • Unfortunately I can’t make a video, that team has been knocked back by other people
  • Could be that on his 1 basic turn he took he dispelled a buff off of someone like sith trooper.
  • Lobot
  • Veskasa1 wrote: »

[...]
    My math is fine, I'm (probably) just wrong about CD reduction: I figured it was at start of turn (since 3 turns are started) and othertwise is difficult to get to 8.

CD reduction at end is logical, othertwise DN CD increase would be very useless :-)

Your explanation of double DN is very likely what happened with the CD reduction at end.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I was thinking something is wrong with him. There is a guy in my shard you runs ep, dn, sion, nasty and threwn and he is top 5. His dn is annihilating my whole team in no time if I don't kill him first. I'm sure there is a bug cuz he annihilates tooooo fast.