Get Top 3 in Tank Raid 3 Times

Prev1
Why are these challenges in the game? Got my full solo in first today, wound up in 6th after the rest of my guild soloed it. These need to be updated, they’re unachievable.

Replies

• No what is unchievable is the IG88 quest. It has a bug with Geos TB and no way to get through it
  • On a kinda related topic, I just unlocked Fulcrum part 3 of 4’s quest step (only this and one other quest left, done the others), and one step requires clearing Hoth TB Rogue One mission in the last zone (which I have done in the past, at our gear and power levels it’s easy now).

Please make this step retroactive. Our guild has long since gotten 45 Stars and will not be doing that TB anymore, since we will be playing the Geonosis Territory Battle every time.
  • DrPaedan wrote: »
    On a kinda related topic, I just unlocked Fulcrum part 3 of 4’s quest step (only this and one other quest left, done the others), and one step requires clearing Hoth TB Rogue One mission in the last zone (which I have done in the past, at our gear and power levels it’s easy now).

Please make this step retroactive. Our guild has long since gotten 45 Stars and will not be doing that TB anymore, since we will be playing the Geonosis Territory Battle every time.

Good to know! I was working on Fulcrum, this is another one I’ll never complete, so I can forget about that as well.
  • I think all the steps for all the quests need to be updated/tweaked, it’s not a matter of difficulty but the current environment and activities of guilds (maybe for these quest steps, offer alternative options).

For example, using the Fulcrum quest above, why not have a special battle selectable in the quest menu: doesn’t cost energy and you can try as much as you want and you have to use the required toons, but this way you can make it super hard/challenging without having to have players wait around for Guild based events.
  • I dont know why, but i really dont care about those quests, it is a load of time and effort for 10 crystals and some other stuff that isnt worthy of anyone's effort.

You want a title. Also not relevant. I have watched others titles for like 10 days from introduction, now i dont look at all.....yeah i understand we arent same, some want title and it is relevant to them, but for me, it is just losted time for developers.

Good luck chasing them!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Yeah some of these quests are outdated over time. The last quest for Jedi Master requires you to earn rank 1 in the hAAT
  • ToxicFish
    121 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Quests are meant to be hard to get, you got your solo OP, only a matter of time for you to get it.
    Took me some months as I progressed. I was pipped at the post multiple times on this same quest.
    You can ask your guildies to make it easy for you if you want. I preferred to work through it myself.
    Agree on the TB hoth specific ones though.

Trying to win 4/4 geo Tb with bh and ig88 is my current stalemate on bh quest.
  • There are prestigious quests, achievements and shards awarded with the Hoth light side (LS) and dark side (DS) Territory Battles (TB).

1) Its easier to earn Commander Leia & Imperial Probe droid shards than spending GET2 currency on them.
    2) Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles (Only works with Hoth DS TB, does not work with DS Geo TB)
    3) Fulcrum Quest 3/4, Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth LS TB)
    4) Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    5) Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.
    6) Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is the Hoth DS TB)

One day, the tank raid will be simmed while I am totally fine with simming the tank raid provided that...CG does not screw up the interaction between a simmed tank raid and the Prestigious Quests.

Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
    Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or Better 3 times in the HAAT Raid
    Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn Rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

A simple fix is to designate everyone as a 1st place winner and give the rewards accordingly.

Imagine having to ask your guild leadership to NOT sim the tank battles at least 13 times just for you to do these quests or having to leave your guild because you are a completionist and have a mild case of OCD. Now imagine a second, third, fourth etc. guild member asking for it again a few weeks/months later.

Better not to have CG screw it up from the get go.
  • ToxicFish wrote: »
    Trying to win 4/4 geo Tb with bh and ig88 is my current stalemate on bh quest.

Even if you do win, it won't count due to a bug.

I know it says this "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles" which is already wrong as you can not use IG88 in the light side hoth map but due to the bug, it REALLY should say this "Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Hoth Dark Side Territory Battles"
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah some of these quests are outdated over time. The last quest for Jedi Master requires you to earn rank 1 in the hAAT

What will happen when the tank battle becomes simmable? See my long post above...
  • The bugs are supposed to be my ds tb geo buddies, not quest blockers...
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    6) Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is the Hoth DS TB)

That one is actually easy... Contact the guy who has payout around your time in Arena, and ask him to set Wampa as his Arena team when you are #1 and he is #2-4, then refresh a few times to beat him 10-15 times. Repeat a few days, done. You just wasted 450 crystals to earn 10, yay ;)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Why are these challenges in the game? Got my full solo in first today, wound up in 6th after the rest of my guild soloed it. These need to be updated, they’re unachievable.

If everyone in your guild solos the raid every time, and you do two raids a week there would be a fair chance that you would complete it within half a year or less - no guarantees, though (and yes, I know, this is not exact math - just an estimate).
  • I personally don't care for the quests. If they aren't part of my regular daily play or don't have amazing rewards I won't do them. The effort needed to complete most of them is way above the rewards you get for them. I do have OCD but not even THAT makes me do these quests. I do agree that these quests are a bit outdated by now but I don't think CG cares about it in the slightest. I'd suggest to just move on and forget about them. Not worth the trouble imo.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I personally don't care for the quests.

That's fine, you don't have to like them, you don't have to do them at all.....but humor me for a minuet....

Just image if you were part of a guild's leadership. You get the news that the Tank raid is now simmable. You are happy as you and the rest of your guild don't have waste time doing it for the uninspired rewards.

Little Johnny in your guild send you a message saying, "Hey boss man, I'm in th middle of doing the quest and I need you to not sim the tank raid for the next 12 times"... You now have a choice, be a really mean guild leader and tell Johnny "too bad so sad" or have to do the tank raid manually 12 more times...arg!

You also then think hmmmm, if Johnny needs to do it, maybe Steve needs to do it as well in a few weeks/months from now. What a pain in the rear end!

Don't worry kind people, Lenders Quizan is here and has the solution!!!

If the tank raid is simmed, everyone gets designated as a 1st place "winner"! Everyone gets the same <insert sarcasm> "fantastic" rewards and little Johnny gets to continue with his quests. Johnny is happy, no downside for you, no downside for the rest of the guild.

Better not to have CG screw it up from the get go.
  • I don't think CG cares about it in the slightest.

I don't think this is 100% true. If that were the case, why would they keep adding new quests? One of the most recent ones was added shortly after the Geo TB was released. Combat Quest Droid Factory.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is an important or even hard quest to do.

What I am saying is, if CG doesn't care about them in the slightest, why even waste one second programming a new quest?
  • All I’m saying is that CG might want to look at the quest steps which are kinda outdated...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    [...]

Little Johnny in your guild send you a message saying, "Hey boss man, I'm in th middle of doing the quest and I need you to not sim the tank raid for the next 12 times"... You now have a choice, be a really mean guild leader and tell Johnny "too bad so sad" or have to do the tank raid manually 12 more times...arg!

You also then think hmmmm, if Johnny needs to do it, maybe Steve needs to do it as well in a few weeks/months from now. What a pain in the rear end!

Don't worry kind people, Lenders Quizan is here and has the solution!!!

If the tank raid is simmed, everyone gets designated as a 1st place "winner"! Everyone gets the same <insert sarcasm> "fantastic" rewards and little Johnny gets to continue with his quests. Johnny is happy, no downside for you, no downside for the rest of the guild.

Alternatively use the random rank each player is assigned to when they sign up for the raid. Otherwise all 50 guild members would have completed the challenge after 3 raids.

(Yes, it's all hypothetical since hAAT is not simmable)

• Is this a requirement, no. Do you have to do it, no.

That being said, I am one of the people that enjoys completing items in the games I play. Challenging myself to get these titles and saying, I did it while others don't care. The issue is when they make updates or changes that don't reflect the current set up its frustrating.

For those of us that enjoy this aspect of the game, all we ask is that they take a bit of time and try to rework it.
    I realize a lot is going on, and this is not top priority, but it would be nice if they got around to fixing it in the future. For the few of us that enjoy this aspect of play.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Alternatively use the random rank each player is assigned to when they sign up for the raid. Otherwise all 50 guild members would have completed the challenge after 3 raids.

Look at the requirements again.

Even if a person gets 1st place, It will still take 14 raids.

Having your rank at random means that every person will have different rewards, not identical. Plus, imagine you are on that final quest. 1/50 chance to be # 1? It could happen right away, or it could "never" happen. You are never guaranteed to be # 1, its always 1/50...unless you start your own guild and you are the only person in it! I don't think this is the preferred way of doing this. (but I could be wrong)

At least my way, everybody gets the same first place "great" rewards. No downside for anybody....
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Look at the requirements again.

Even if a person gets 1st place, It will still take 14 raids.

Having your rank at random means that every person will have different rewards, not identical. Plus, imagine you are on that final quest. 1/50 chance to be # 1? It could happen right away, or it could "never" happen. You are never guaranteed to be # 1, its always 1/50...unless you start your own guild and you are the only person in it! I don't think this is the preferred way of doing this. (but I could be wrong)

At least my way, everybody gets the same first place "great" rewards. No downside for anybody....

Anybody except CG who has already demonstrated that they have no intention of giving rank 1 rewards to 50 people. They don't have to be connected anyway. You could have random rank for purposes of these quests while everybody still gets the same rewards.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    You could have random rank for purposes of these quests while everybody still gets the same rewards.

The problem with this is what I stated before. Imagine you are on that final quest. You need to be # 1 to complete it. You have a 1/50 chance to be # 1. You could be lucky and it could happen right away, or it could "never" happen. You are never guaranteed to be # 1, its always 1/50.

In theory, you could do the tank raid 100 times over a year and never once be # 1 as its always a 1/50 chance.

My solution is to designate everyone as # 1 and give identical rewards. It doesn't have to be actual first place rewards, just DESIGNATE everyone as # 1.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You could have random rank for purposes of these quests while everybody still gets the same rewards.

The problem with this is what I stated before. Imagine you are on that final quest. You need to be # 1 to complete it. You have a 1/50 chance to be # 1. You could be lucky and it could happen right away, or it could "never" happen. You are never guaranteed to be # 1, its always 1/50.

In theory, you could do the tank raid 100 times over a year and never once be # 1 as its always a 1/50 chance.

My solution is to designate everyone as # 1 and give identical rewards. It doesn't have to be actual first place rewards, just DESIGNATE everyone as # 1.

I was responding to the assertion that "Having your rank at random means that every person will have different rewards, not identical" since it doesn't actually have to mean that. Random rank is better than not getting credit for any rank and the quest being unobtainable once simming is introduced. Giving everybody rank 1 would solve the quest problem by completely trivializing it. Might as well just get rid of the requirement entirely.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Random rank is better than not getting credit for any rank and the quest being unobtainable once simming is introduced. Giving everybody rank 1 would solve the quest problem by completely trivializing it. Might as well just get rid of the requirement entirely.

I understand the lesser of two evils concept. You do make a valid point.

My biggest fear is that the tank will be simmable and nobody gets a rank. If this were to happen, yet another quest/achievement would then become "impossible" to do just like the ones tied to Hoth LS/DS TBs.

Technically speaking, there is more then one condition to complete the quests I listed earlier. I was just pointing out the relevant part. The part concerning the Tank rank. So even if rank # 1 is designated, a person would still have the rest of the conditions to meet and therefore it would still not be trivial (perhaps not super hard to do, but not trivial.)

You can see the full list here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/186127/prestigious-quests-full-list
  • I don't think CG cares about it in the slightest.

I don't think this is 100% true. If that were the case, why would they keep adding new quests? One of the most recent ones was added shortly after the Geo TB was released. Combat Quest Droid Factory.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is an important or even hard quest to do.

What I am saying is, if CG doesn't care about them in the slightest, why even waste one second programming a new quest?

What I meant with "they don't care in the slightest" is that they don't seem to be bothered with the fact that a lot of their quests are outdated and close to impossible for a lot of people/guilds. I didn't mean that they didn't care about quests at all. They added one recently after all as you mentioned. I probably should have specified that in my first post. But yeah, as I said, I don't think they'll change the outdated quests or their conditions anytime soon, if at all. With GAC and the new TBs going on, quests will probably be the lowest priority for them. I also assume they're working on a new meta that's supposed to dethrone Malak so they'll be busy with that for a while too.

TL;DR: 99% chance that the outdated quests won't change.
  • Quest are a complete waste of time millions of damage on tank is as well. You can choose effective time management or not to each his own.
  • SylForge006
    138 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Tiggus wrote: »

That one is actually easy... Contact the guy who has payout around your time in Arena, and ask him to set Wampa as his Arena team when you are #1 and he is #2-4, then refresh a few times to beat him 10-15 times. Repeat a few days, done. You just wasted 450 crystals to earn 10, yay ;)

Oh yeah so freaking easy! All you have to do is be top 20 in your arena of thousands of people! Then get someone nice enough to mess around and give you free Wampa kills!

Man..........the vast majority of players are Not in the top 50 of arena. Even here. This isn't an "easy" solution. It's only a solution for the literal 1%.

& @ 2smooth - how exactly is this a "time management" issue? After 20-30 minutes you can do almost everything possible in 1 day on swgoh. If he chooses to spend another 30 minutes on the tank raid the only time he wastes is his own - 30 minutes more in game could be spent on What? Optimizing mods? ....ummm literally nothing else?
  • SylForge006
    138 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Double post - sry
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Tiggus wrote: »

Man..........the vast majority of players are Not in the top 50 of arena. Even here. This isn't an "easy" solution. It's only a solution for the literal 1%

Even if you’re not at the top of arena, you just need one player to collaborate. Have them set Wampa lead, Daka, Ewok Elder, Visas Marr, Capt Han as their squad. Kill Wampa, let the others Rez him. Repeat over and over (and DONT execute him or he can’t be revived). Don’t win the battle, let it time out. You will get credit for all the Wampa kills (depending on squads, I’ve gotten 5-6 kills in one battle). Since you timed out, your rank didn’t change, so you can do it again in 5 minutes.
  • Palanthian wrote: »

You could always try asking your guild to NOT all solo it? Communication works.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.