Malak coming soon

Replies

• More importantly than Malak... I just 7 starred tusken raider.

Sit down.
  • All this talk about Malak coming soon always makes me think of......

Dark Helmet: What the Hell am I lookin’ at? When does this happen in the movie?
    Colonel Sandurz: Now. Whatever you’re looking at now, is happening now.
    Dark Helmet: Well, what happened to then?
    Colonel Sandurz: We just passed it.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
    Dark Helmet: Well, go back to then.
    Colonel Sandurz: We can’t.
    Dark Helmet: Why not?
    Colonel Sandurz: We already passed it.
    Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
    Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
  • All this talk about Malak coming soon always makes me think of......

Dark Helmet: What the Hell am I lookin’ at? When does this happen in the movie?
    Colonel Sandurz: Now. Whatever you’re looking at now, is happening now.
    Dark Helmet: Well, what happened to then?
    Colonel Sandurz: We just passed it.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
    Dark Helmet: Well, go back to then.
    Colonel Sandurz: We can’t.
    Dark Helmet: Why not?
    Colonel Sandurz: We already passed it.
    Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
    Colonel Sandurz: Soon.

This
  • JediFrost wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I bet Malak will be this weekend, or early next week...they need something to distract the community from the cheating and banning dumpster fire.

I would have agreed a few days back as the weekend calendar looks sparce even for swgoh. Last time Malak came he arrived on a friday and they announced his coming on the wednesday or thrusday. So if they are following the previous run - he's not coming this weekend.

While that’s true, it would be fitting for them to just announce and release in one swift swoop as many people have planned for his coming, so why even bother giving him a few days heads up

I actually quite like this idea - stop making announcements and just surprise us with events. If the original Malak event had worked like that I'd have been happier (and not because fewer people would have gotten malak).
  • Jabob79 wrote: »
    I saw that the Malak event on swgoh events has changed from no estimate to coming soon. I wonder if the DR event will come back early or.....? Your all thoughts??

Malak will not return until the next GAC starts. They are gonna give whales one extra month to play with their toy before the new meta arrives.

Gac only locks your roster for a week.
  • Oh Malak!
  • Surprise Mechanics
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I bet Malak will be this weekend, or early next week...they need something to distract the community from the cheating and banning dumpster fire.

Not a chance.

It's gonna be another GAC without F2P Malak.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member

I very much doubt that they change their schedule for events just because people are upset over something in the forum. That would make any planning ahead impossible since people are raging over stuff every day.
  • It has to be within the next week, or the following was a lie:

Q: When is Malak returning?
    A: Tophat - Soon. I can't say when yet, but soon. (This isn't the snarky soon tm either, this is just plainly stating soon.)

The definition of 'soon' is:

in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now).

As this was 2 weeks ago, they would have chosen another description, if it was going to be a month, or longer.

So just relax everyone, as it will be "any day (now)" :smiley:
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    It has to be within the next week, or the following was a lie:

A: Tophat - Soon. I can't say when yet, but soon. (This isn't the snarky soon tm either, this is just plainly stating soon.)

in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a twinkling, in the twinkling of an eye, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), any time (now).

As this was 2 weeks ago, they would have chosen another description, if it was going to be a month, or longer.

STRETCH
    uur8wkjt75gy.png
  • Jabob79 wrote: »
    I saw that the Malak event on swgoh events has changed from no estimate to coming soon. I wonder if the DR event will come back early or.....? Your all thoughts??

That was CGs response in the Q&A
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    It has to be within the next week, or the following was a lie:

j72115g0gm3r.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's why.
  • If Malak isn't next week then I take issue with their use of "soon".
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    So Malak will come back soon. Man... I just got Padme and 7 star’ed her. That’s a lot of kyrotech to farm... :(
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    If Malak isn't next week then I take issue with their use of "soon".
    They said soon

they didn’t say next week
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They said soon

If he doesn't come next week then it will be 3+ weeks from when they said soon. That doesn't really meet the definition of soon imo.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

Not a chance.

It's gonna be another GAC without F2P Malak.
    Highly unlikely.

To have another GAC without Malak would mean he's not coming back until mid to late September, even assuming there's no delay in the next GAC.

Even if Malak comes shortly after the start of GAC, that's still just one bracket. People who get him will still be able to field him in the second through fourth bracket.
    Still not a he.
  • It's funny. We need Malak for the geo tb platoons but he never come back.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Maybe he will come back in February because February is sith month. Hey where did all those guys go who kept saying darth revan and Malak were coming in sith month this year. Those guys were spot on. Miss them.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

Soon could literally be between now and next year.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Krey_23 wrote: »
    It's funny. We need Malak for the geo tb platoons but he never come back.

Yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They said soon

If he doesn't come next week then it will be 3+ weeks from when they said soon. That doesn't really meet the definition of soon imo.

CG is not really known for using the same definitions as us.
  • Krey_23 wrote: »

Because whales have to feast on Wat Tambor first.
  • Malak.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Krey_23 wrote: »

Because whales have to feast on Wat Tambor first.
    What ? Geos are such an easy farm. Only needs 2 zetas. And the team doesn’t have to be g13 either. And you can’t buy wat. So what are you thinking is expensive ?
  • More importantly than Malak... I just 7 starred tusken raider.

Sit down.

giphy.gif
  • We don’t need Malak! We have cheats now 😬
  • After the Tb , he shall return. Rejoice ye!
This discussion has been closed.