Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    *horde
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    *horde

To be fair, there is also a hoard mentality in this game ;)
  • my bad did not proof read before posting
    *horde

To be fair, there is also a hoard mentality in this game ;)

Yes but hoarding all the gear does not lead to a horde mentality I was talking about.
  • EffAPublicEyeD
    242 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Irregardless is not a word.

That ain't true.
  • Boofpoof wrote: »
    Funny thing is that all you guys are moaning about is the arena cheat!
    Many so called whales have been buying their Crystal's from websites on the internet for years now, while ms y of tou have been paying tour hard earned cash.

I stumbled across one of these sites after looking for promotional gift cards like the ones that had a free scavenger ray that time.

They are actually selling 100 dollars worth of Crystal's for as little as 15 dollars and CG has not done anything for atlesst 2 years.

The people that are selling these have countless reviews on their profiles from happy customers.
    So cheating has and always will be alive and well on this game, may aswell stop moaning and get used to it

If you don't know these crystals are bought with stolen credit cards off the dark web and then you pay these people with real money so what you are effectively doing is laundering money for them.
    They also control the web sites that the reviews are on so that's why you never hear negative experiences.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Mol_Kelly wrote: »

While I don’t disagree with anything you said... I’m curious how you would feel about a hypothetical... defendant is charged with petit larceny for stealing files from a company... these files contain information that leads to discovering a fraud on this company’s investors - or let’s say it was a file from the nfl office that shows how rampant cheating is in the league and the lack of appropriate oversight. Let’s also say that because of these files, the police and the district attorney - or attorney general are able to successfully prosecute the company in question... would you feel this person deserves a favorable disposition? A lenient sentence? Can you envision a situation where someone’s punishment should be re-evaluated because of the good their technically illegal act brought about? Of course, in order to agree to a lenient sentence on bulldog, you’d have to agree to the premise that the exposition of everything that he exposed is going to bring about change in a good way, which is why I presented a hypothetical, because I’m curious how you feel more generally when you post a post like this?

This is called whistle blowing and in Australia you are legally protected from prosecution; so that blows that hypothetical right out of the water.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

That ain't true.

Yikes
  • sir_Phantom_Jedi
    410 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    From my experience in the last GAC's I fought 15 opponents for 1 win and 14 losses (I don't have Malak and everyone of the my opponents had G13 malak). I personally believed that 3 opponents cheated (they were all reported) which puts cheating at 3/15 = 20%.
    I know full well that this is only a small sample size but it's a start.
    And also because I lost so much I was always in the bottom of the ladder whereas the cheaters would have been near the top.
    Post edited by sir_Phantom_Jedi on
  • If everyone had g13 malak and you won once they may wonder if you were cheating... lol.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    From my experience in the last GAC's I fought 16 opponents for 1 win and 15 losses (I don't have Malak and everyone of the my opponents had G13 malak). I personally believed that 3 opponents cheated (they were all reported) which puts cheating at 3/16 = 19%.
    And also because I lost so much I was always in the bottom of the ladder whereas the cheaters would have been near the top.

What made them cheaters?
  • Sonic_Servodriver
    39 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    That is the real problem and was before this... it’s the Salem witch trials... ‘I lost therefore they cheated’... this is why there has to be some way to really address this... by reporting everyone a cheater will only set back the solution... I have reported a cheater once and it was in arena shard... it was obvious and a consensus between shard mates. Don’t report unless you have some hard evidence... which is what makes GAC so difficult... you don’t get to see what they’re running against you.
    From my experience in the last GAC's I fought 16 opponents for 1 win and 15 losses (I don't have Malak and everyone of the my opponents had G13 malak). I personally believed that 3 opponents cheated (they were all reported) which puts cheating at 3/16 = 19%.

What made them cheaters?

I set a decent defence that gets cleared often with opponent scores of around 1860-1900, so when an opponent clears me with an avg of 62 points per battle i get a little suspicious.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

What made them cheaters?

I set a decent defence that gets cleared often with opponent scores of around 1860-1900, so when an opponent clears me with an avg of 62 points per battle i get a little suspicious.

Sounds like you are Div 2? I score that plenty against decent defenses.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member

What made them cheaters?

Sounds like you are Div 2? I score that plenty against decent defenses.

Well obviously anyone who beats him is a cheater
  • Believe me I have suspected a few in GA but not enough evidence to substantiate anything... reporting people because of a bias suspicion is not what the Dev’s need right now... plain and simple we need them to put a focus on people that are definitely cheating and I truly hope they have a way to do this... and actually put effort into doing so.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I knew someone would make this comment which is why I admitted I lost 14 times while suspecting 3. If I thought only cheats could beat me then I would have suspected (and reported) 14...

• Point being is that if I lost to someone that didn’t have Malak I’d be embarrassed... the guy that lost you probably reported you.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    And the forums/Reddit catch on fire for banning McMole and Bulldog...

My 2 cents on the Bulldog is this. We can all have an opinion on what his intentions were. Good, bad, or indifferent it really doesn’t matter. Irregardless

Irrregardless we dond care about ur websters
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

What made them cheaters?

So anyone full clearing your defense is a cheater?

ok

Person full clearing you at 62 points per average would have a total score of 1936 in division 1 and its going to be even less at lower divisions
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    I knew someone would make this comment which is why I admitted I lost 14 times while suspecting 3. If I thought only cheats could beat me then I would have suspected (and reported) 14...

GAC was 12 battles. Four weeks, three battles each week.

If you include the initial one week GAC, then 15 battles.

Your math is off. You sure about the 62 point average?
  • Train keeps a rollin all night long, train keeps a rollin all night long.. tune in next time for more things no one cares about lol
  • This thread needs a wipe
    Someone had an interesting analogy. Keep it secret like America's fight on terror.

So in this very same scenario these terrorists are already here beaten up and capturing Americans and torturing them. The FBI ignores it and puts a lid on anyone from finding out what's happening. Bulldog and Mcdog are news reporters in this scenario and are reporting live at the scene of the terrorist activities. So the fbi(cg) in this case send swat teams to neutralize the reporters and kill them(ban them)

That is the problem with trying to keep the attack on terorists(cheaters) secret. They are already here doing damage and your number 1 goal seems to be is remove all reporters and ignore the fact that the American citizens(us players) are left to rot while trying to keep us in ignorant bliss..

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member

What made them cheaters?

Nihion wrote: »

That’s not what the above post says
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

What made them cheaters?

I get a little supsicious when people on the forum make claims like that.
    This is probably just a error in your math, but there have only been 15 GAC rounds thusfar, 16 isn't divisible by 3.
    Your opponent has gotten 1936 banners or more 3 times out of the 15 GAC rounds we've had so far?
    And that all happened while you were "in the bottom of the ladder"?
    I gotta see some screenshots of those scores and what you place on def before i believe that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If u are familiar with other games (similar to SWgoh), u have already seen this rather simple feature. It allows u to see what team was used by enemy to beat your own team. And if other games (with far less smaller budget compared to SWgoh) can make it work, then im pretty sure CG has enough resources to add it into the game too. Cheating is probably the N1 problem that could possibly do some serious harm to SWgoh, so we need to deal with it ASAP. Adding Battle Log would be the 1st step in right direction, there is no excuse to not add it at this point. So pls ,CG, vague promises and juridical phrases wont make cheaters disappear. We rly need u to add better anti-cheating mechanics, like above-mentioned Battle log, or maybe even battle replays, if that would be technically possible.

The point is - Why should we spend money on new characters and end-game gear, if some brat with cheats can beat u with some **** G8 team whenever he likes and u have no way how to prove it? Thats why we need these battle logs and we need them RIGHT NOW.
  • leef wrote: »
    This is probably just a error in your math, but there have only been 15 GAC rounds thusfar, 16 isn't divisible by 3.

I meant 15, hit the wrong key but went back and edited it.
  • If i want to cheat...i dont use team with low gear such as gear 9 or 10. I will use proper team and cheat with that to gain max points. So battle log cant detect if i am cheater or not.
  • i know, its not perfect, but at least it would be a good start.
This discussion has been closed.