What about promoting EP9?

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting. Look what happened to the theme park. Disney sucks. Swgoh does not need this trash. Well at least if they don't want to lose money.

Lol okay.

There are a lot of young people who actually like the new trilogy. And I know, someone’s gonna respond saying something like “kids these days”, but they have every right to like whatever they want. If a bunch of long term extreme Star Wars fans boycott every Star Wars movie from now on, that leaves room for fresh fans to be inspired, and is probably healthy for the franchise. I have nothing against those fans who love the OT and don’t like the sequel trilogy, but it would be nice if they didn’t spend their time bashing new Star Wars movies on the internet. If you don’t like them, then boycott away.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting. Look what happened to the theme park. Disney sucks. Swgoh does not need this trash. Well at least if they don't want to lose money.

Lol okay.

There are a lot of young people who actually like the new trilogy. And I know, someone’s gonna respond saying something like “kids these days”, but they have every right to like whatever they want. If a bunch of long term extreme Star Wars fans boycott every Star Wars movie from now on, that leaves room for fresh fans to be inspired, and is probably healthy for the franchise. I have nothing against those fans who love the OT and don’t like the sequel trilogy, but it would be nice if they didn’t spend their time bashing new Star Wars movies on the internet. If you don’t like them, then boycott away.

This.

I'm a newer generation and I dislike the OT just based off of the fact that the sound and quality was outdated
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting.

Maybe you and a handful of people you chat to regularly online are boycotting. That does not equate to "everyone". Indeed, this is the first I've even seen any mention of any boycott and I have absolutely no intention of joining in.
    I like Episodes VII and VIII; they are GOOD films. And I fully expect IX will be, too.
  • No, but maybe older characters we are already known to. Just sequel stuff for the hype

Sequel and hype don't go hand in hand.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member

I not gonna boycott it as well. Despite all it's fIaws I actually liked ep8 more than ep7 as it has some original ideas at least, while ep7 is just a copycat of ep4.

Also I don't expect the promotion of ep9 starting soon as CG made it clear that they're not finished with the Clone Wars era.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @LordDirt
    Can’t we say that about most deaths in Star Wars?

Here are a few:

Darth Vader - Died saving his son
    Emperor Palpatine - possibly a Clone and part of his master plan for the Galaxy
    Darth Maul - Died trying to overthrow the Emperor and also make Obi-Wan fail
    Jango Fett - Dumb Luck and plot driven death
    Obi-Wan - Died protecting Luke, his one mission
    Boba Fett - plot driven death Lucas hated that fans loved Boba
    Jabba the Hutt - Leia is a bad ****
    General Grievous - over confident that he could dispatch Obi-Wan rather than protect his chest
    Count Dooku - Palps wanted him dead as part of the master plan
    Mace Windu - plot driven / made no sense
    Padme Amidala - stupid death for advanced medicine to have some die in child birth
    Captain Phasma - we don’t know her fate yet
  • They literally said they will bring new things (even if only characters) about EP9 after clone wars stuff. Just wait till we are closer, as releasing or talking about stuff can be a spoiler for the movie
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Danubiss wrote: »
    The movie isn’t out for another 4 months and you want them to start introducing characters for it? Really?

Give me Klaud or get out. *Get the “heck” out
    Post edited by Fauztin on

• LordDirt wrote: »
    Force lightning
    Force push
    Force pull
    Force choke
    Telepathy
    Get into your mind

Die by Apprentice
    Command Ship Rammed
    Poor Decision making

Poor decision making? How so? He turned possibly the most powerful Jedi in 50 years against his teacher, causing him to denounce the force and go into hiding. Also causing the death of Han Solo. All without getting off his chair. That’s baller.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Force lightning
    Force push
    Force pull
    Force choke
    Telepathy
    Get into your mind

Die by Apprentice
    Command Ship Rammed
    Poor Decision making

MASS MURDER GENOCIDES

Planet destroyed
    Planet poisoned
    Planets semi death starred
    Solar systems vaporized
    Death stars vaporized
    Star killers vaporized
    Mass slave workers murdered

And my fav form of death in all of star wars

People who were ran over and died offscreen in the Last Jedi when being run over and trampled by the Chocoboos on the Gambling planet escape scene
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Force lightning
    Force push
    Force pull
    Force choke
    Telepathy
    Get into your mind

Die by Apprentice
    Command Ship Rammed
    Poor Decision making

Poor decision making? How so? He turned possibly the most powerful Jedi in 50 years against his teacher, causing him to denounce the force and go into hiding. Also causing the death of Han Solo. All without getting off his chair. That’s baller.

Palpatine made himself king of the entire galaxy while also not getting out of his chair.

Snoke was incompetent and a rather boring character really.
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Force lightning
    Force push
    Force pull
    Force choke
    Telepathy
    Get into your mind

Die by Apprentice
    Command Ship Rammed
    Poor Decision making

Palpatine made himself king of the entire galaxy while also not getting out of his chair.

Boring, yes. But he did basically eliminate 3 of the OG heroes and get the resistance numbers down to about 7 people. He deserves some credit for eliminating that terrorist threat of the Resistance.
  • Danubiss wrote: »
    The movie isn’t out for another 4 months and you want them to start introducing characters for it? Really?

Kind of.... its gonna take that long or longer to farm them up to a usable level without using the apk modifier to hack the game.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Force lightning
    Force push
    Force pull
    Force choke
    Telepathy
    Get into your mind

Die by Apprentice
    Command Ship Rammed
    Poor Decision making

Palpatine made himself king of the entire **** galaxy while also not getting out of his chair.

Boring, yes. But he did basically eliminate 3 of the OG heroes and get the resistance numbers down to about 7 people. He deserves some credit for eliminating that terrorist threat of the Resistance.

Yep, Palpatine couldnt kill Han or Luke. Snoke took care of both through Kylo Ren.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Stenun wrote: »
    The problem with Snoke is that we currently know so little about him that there's no way they can really give him any decent powers.
    What does he do except sit around and pontificate, other than link two people's minds together?
    So while a "link" power between two characters (any time either character takes damage, the other one takes the same amount, maybe?) would be cool ... what else can you do with him? We need to know more about him first and that won't happen until Ep IX or, if there are no flashbacks in it, even later than that ...

CG has done far more with far less. You have to go to books for some of the Rebels.

No kidding. Like Wat Tambor did anything but sit there in the prequels...or the executioner troopers who just stood there and thought about doing something before the ship blew up, or the non-existant tusken shaman...

More stunning is 4 months out and they haven't really started promoting the movie at all. They started advertising/hyping 7 over a year out, 8 was 6+ months...

But CG won't be able to do anything at all 9 related until given permission which won't be coming until maybe november. Don't need a third rey, we've only got 2 lukes, we don't need 3 kylo's, etc..I guess we don't need 5 han's either, but we have 'em.

Next things for them to hype are clone wars return and the Mandolorian which will be up first on the streaming thing which they'll press hard and heavy.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    I'm not boycotting ep9. Matter of fact I dont know anyone who is....

Not boycotting, but not excited at this point either. Definitely not on the radar for a day one viewing, maybe day 4-5. And that's saying a lot since i say 1, 2, 3, R0, 7, 8 and even Solo day 1....RJ killed the desire.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Snoke would be neat, but he really shouldnt be part of the next movie so who knows

Would snoke be a 2 part event?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Snoke would be neat, but he really shouldnt be part of the next movie so who knows

Would snoke be a 2 part event?

Well, he ended up being a 2 part character...
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    I'm not boycotting ep9. Matter of fact I dont know anyone who is....

Not boycotting, but not excited at this point either. Definitely not on the radar for a day one viewing, maybe day 4-5. And that's saying a lot since i say 1, 2, 3, R0, 7, 8 and even Solo day 1....RJ killed the desire.

Too bad for you. RJ made me SW hyped all over again.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    I’m expecting the biggest Ep9 content to be FO and Resistance Cap Ships. God, I hope so, at least. Holdo is long overdue, and General Hux should eventually make an in-game appearance. Though, we might get a mk III EP, depending on his role.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    I’m expecting the biggest Ep9 content to be FO and Resistance Cap Ships. God, I hope so, at least. Holdo is long overdue, and General Hux should eventually make an in-game appearance. Though, we might get a mk III EP, depending on his role.
    With two capital ships on the horizon (well, one of them already in-game), more capital ships from Episode 9 is probably what we could expect the least.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I know 😢
    I just want to stay hopeful 🤦‍♂️
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • MortalisRex
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Fauztin wrote: »

I disagree. We have to less ships they could introduce into the game. Maybe when EP9 comes out. But with releasing the Clonewars Capital ships we should be busy for a while. I mean the game has a long road to go in the future.

I rather hope we get a few chars from TFA or TLJ we havent gotten yet. A Snoke event would be a nice calayst for getting us prepared for the future EP9 stuff. And they give us a spark of hype with it.
  • Rake6 wrote: »

Not everyone, just you and yours. The rest of us are having fun and enjoying the new stuff. Bye, Felicia.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The Actor that plays Snoke >>>>>> Snoke
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The Actor that plays Snoke >>>>>> Snoke

Well, yes, but that might have something to do with the fact that Andy Serkis is pretty awesome.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »

Holdos dead so it wouldn't make sense to make her a capital ship for EP IX
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    @Rake6
    I just quoted this so I can find this thread in a couple months when episode nine tops force awakens sales. People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.

And you’re the definition of toxic fandom , last jedi was great , it’s just a vocal minority who gets themselves wound up over it. They just tell each other that everyone hates it until they believe it. If you need a source re read this thread.

And to your point about Disney parks. Are you referring to the fact that Disney parks were down 3% over the ( still unfinished) summer ? Ouch three percent , I recon that’s about how many fans were upset about last jedi too. The park sold less seasonal passes this year purposely to control overcrowding BECAUSE they added the Star Wars park and didn’t want to hurt everyone’s general experience with even long waits. Get some trustworthy sources and take off the tin foil hat. Star Wars is doing just fine.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    @Rake6
    I just quoted this so I can find this thread in a couple months when episode nine tops force awakens sales. People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.

And you’re the definition of toxic fandom , last jedi was great , it’s just a vocal minority who gets themselves wound up over it. They just tell each other that everyone hates it until they believe it. If you need a source re read this thread.

And to your point about Disney parks. Are you referring to the fact that Disney parks were down 3% over the ( still unfinished) summer ? Ouch three percent , I recon that’s about how many fans were upset about last jedi too. The park sold less seasonal passes this year purposely to control overcrowding BECAUSE they added the Star Wars park and didn’t want to hurt everyone’s general experience with even long waits. Get some trustworthy sources and take off the tin foil hat. Star Wars is doing just fine.

Not really after EP IX there really isnt much to do that is worth watching.

Same with marvel. After phase 5 the MCU will die.