Is there a new meta?

My arena shard is still all Darth Revan teams...

Are there any teams coming through that can knock revan off?

Grevious? Padme?

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Hk lead or IG-88 lead + G13 ZGG, L3 or IPD + BB-8 + ZT3-M4.

They can destroy G12 DR + Malak and can sometimes beat G13 DR + Malak.

Besides that, no.
  • There are GS13 GG and GS13 Padme teams in top 50 of my shard, but not many compared to the horde of DR/Malak teams.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    We have 6-7 GG and Padme teams in my top 50.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Not seeing any GGs on my shard, but people might be using them to climb and then switching to DR/DM for def. There are a few Padme teams in the top 50, they make great stepping stones during my climb.
  • My arena shard is still all Darth Revan teams...

Are there any teams coming through that can knock revan off?

Grevious? Padme?

• They'll release Darth Malak again, and then a month later, if that, there will be a new marquee toon that will hard counter Malak and we'll begin the new meta.
  • GG and Padme are both anti-meta teams (meta counters). Revan/Malak is still the meta, and probably will be for a while longer.

You'll know the Malak meta is ending when he finally returns LOL
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • I see two GG teams in top 50. 1 JKR, all the rest are Dr.Evan.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I surprisingly climbed to 1 in my shard with IG88 lead GG team.. didn't last there, but as a very mostly f2p player, I was quite satisfied with just getting there. G13 malak is my nemesis though. Really hard to kill.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Although the meta is technically defined on gg as teams that reach 1, it's in practice defined by what holds the best, or at least, what the most people are using that holds the best. So no, there's not a new meta.

I think what you're really asking is if there are counters to the meta. And yes, as stated above, there are.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • madgrizzle wrote: »
    I surprisingly climbed to 1 in my shard with IG88 lead GG team.. didn't last there, but as a very mostly f2p player, I was quite satisfied with just getting there. G13 malak is my nemesis though. Really hard to kill.

Use skittering horror on bastla, then skittering horror on Malik, then nuke them. I'm winning 80% with ig88 lead GG....
  • Who else do you have? I have R2 because I don't have L3 or IPD up yet
  • IG88+GG is a great team vs. DR and Malik, and I've had a lot of success. My issue is being knocked back so far that I need to climb thru JKR and GG is not good vs. that team.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Presaria wrote: »
    IG88+GG is a great team vs. DR and Malik, and I've had a lot of success. My issue is being knocked back so far that I need to climb thru JKR and GG is not good vs. that team.

Yeah I see this happen a lot. They are super easy to take out. I'm guessing it's best to put in a better defensive squad.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Hk lead or IG-88 lead + G13 ZGG, L3 or IPD + BB-8 + ZT3-M4.

They can destroy G12 DR + Malak and can sometimes beat G13 DR + Malak.

Besides that, no.

G13 Padmé teams can beat full g13 DR/Malak. I rarely fall out of the top 25. So yes, there are others.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • How does padme do vs. JKR? I'm curious because I almost have mine ready to go.
  • With G13 geared, full zetas and high speed mods, CLS Han Chewie OB C3PO can easily be the top one.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    With G13 geared, full zetas and high speed mods, CLS Han Chewie OB C3PO can easily be the top one.

I've seen a few all g13 cls squads. They go down as fast as the g12 squads.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    How does padme do vs. JKR? I'm curious because I almost have mine ready to go.

She can beat them, but it's far from 100%. You win some, you lose some....
  • Ig88 lead can win! Awesome!
  • My z3G12 JKR lead w/ zG12 QGJ, zG12 EB, zG11 JB, and zG10 **** blasts apart any any partially geared and zeta'd Padme team in my shard (GMY, GK, JKA, and AT; or Padme, Shaak, MW, GK, JKA). I have difficulty when they are fully geared but I will still win. I blast apart fully geared and zeta'd CLS teams w/out C3, and also fully geared and zeta'd EP teams.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Droids need a leader, they said
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Not to mention that the padme needs to be slow to win. So toss in a decently modded thrawn in a darth revan team and padme is an easy almost guaranteed win. Throw ep into the lead as well and its even easier.

It's just too easy to beat so I imagine that is why most don't use it on defense.

I think gg holds better if modded right. I see more of them on defense. But by more I mean 2 vs 0.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Not to mention that the padme needs to be slow to win. So toss in a decently modded thrawn in a darth revan team and padme is an easy almost guaranteed win. Throw ep into the lead as well and its even easier.

It's just too easy to beat so I imagine that is why most don't use it on defense.

I think gg holds better if modded right. I see more of them on defense. But by more I mean 2 vs 0.

The question was padme on offense vs jkr.