Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Because I have battled squads that had no damage and I was using a more powerful squad no way that squad could possibly win without damage no way
    Because I and many other players say that it actually is happening people like y'all are telling everyone that it's not true
    My question to you is the same as the last
    Why are you defending the cheaters
    Either except the fact that cheating does exist on defense of sit down because your probably one of them.
    When many people are saying the exact same thing speaks volumes
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Raven714 wrote: »
    Because I have battled squads that had no damage and I was using a more powerful squad no way that squad could possibly win without damage no way
    Because I and many other players say that it actually is happening people like y'all are telling everyone that it's not true
    Either except the fact that cheating does exist on defense of sit down because your probably one of them.

Noone is defending anyone, your take on the matter is emotional and a hyperbole. Please provide video captures of this happening. Until then I'll attribute it to you not understanding the mechanics underway well.

You've already been explained good enough why noone can cheat -your client- which draws data from the server as an intermediary and not your opponent. That's why noone can cheat you on the defense.
  • tial7vig5l9v.jpg
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    honestly my friend, it seems an awefull lot like you're just a noob who doesn't know what's going on in battle and just start accusing others of cheating because of that.
    Maybe that's not the case, it just looks like that. That behaviour is actually leading to the problem becomming bigger than it needs to be and the devs wasting a lot of time on reports of players that aren't actually cheating.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Yup, confusion and paranoia took hold of many these days which blows everything out of proportion and derogatory to the solution itself.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    tial7vig5l9v.jpg

Exemplified your thickness pretty well. Thanks.
  • But instead of bringing that information directly to those that could do something about it, they decide to show anyone they can the fraud (to go off your hypothetical) and work on profiting off the damaging aspects in a new way, while causing further damage to the community by riling them up about something beyond their control.

Bulldog didn't find the hack and report it to CG so they could look over the code and patch their weak points. He took it to cheat for months to make views about how cheating happens and cause drama in our community. Before the view was posted CG made comments about working on their security and have always continued to do so. They don't post details because whenever you have an ongoing investigation you don't show your hand. The only benefit that came from the posting of those videos was Bulldog's name becoming more well known, for better or worse. It was entirely selfish and damaging to the community.

There's no way you're this naive? You really think CG would have just churned out some fix about something they have known about for quite some time without a fire under their butt? More people getting upset about completely ridiculous ways to break the game is always a great thing

I'm sure you also believe that the extra communication and content when Marvel Strike Force was a bigger threat was solely because they were there for the community?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    But instead of bringing that information directly to those that could do something about it, they decide to show anyone they can the fraud (to go off your hypothetical) and work on profiting off the damaging aspects in a new way, while causing further damage to the community by riling them up about something beyond their control.

Bulldog didn't find the hack and report it to CG so they could look over the code and patch their weak points. He took it to cheat for months to make views about how cheating happens and cause drama in our community. Before the view was posted CG made comments about working on their security and have always continued to do so. They don't post details because whenever you have an ongoing investigation you don't show your hand. The only benefit that came from the posting of those videos was Bulldog's name becoming more well known, for better or worse. It was entirely selfish and damaging to the community.

There's no way you're this naive? You really think CG would have just churned out some fix about something they have known about for quite some time without a fire under their butt? More people getting upset about completely ridiculous ways to break the game is always a great thing

I'm sure you also believe that the extra communication and content when Marvel Strike Force was a bigger threat was solely because they were there for the community?

Honestly Marvel Strike Force is pretty boring. The animations are annoying.

I suggest Marvel Contest of Champions. Caught my attention for much longer.
  • Raven714 wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    What's the use of even playing anymore
    CG claims to have a program in place to detect the sorry cheaters but the reality of it is they probably don't
    We report the sorry cheaters so that it can continue to pile up for CG's back logs but are they really doing anything about it?
    I believe it it too overwhelming for CG to handle and just blew it off
    I cant even win in SA anymore with a gear 12 Padme squad
    How corrupt and infested is the game
    Is it even worth it anymore

You not being able to win on offence has got nothing to do with cheaters, that tells you you need to work on YOUR team.
    people CANNOT cheat on defence and this is exactly where the backlog comes in people reporting players because they think they are cheating because they cannot beat their team on defence.
    if YOU cannot win a battle it is all down to YOU not whoever your playing against and the sooner people realise this the easier you will make the job of levithian to actually find the real cheats as they will not be investigating someone there is no need to investigate.............

You are 100% wrong you can cheat on defense. I have fought this one team this past week that had an HK-47 that I couldn't even dent his protection and my GMY crits for 65k on his BASIC. And guess what? he was reported and he will lose his account eventually. Listen to some Podcasts that have come out this past week, you will be surprised what yo can do with these cheats.

Exactly my point
    So when you run up against a squad that you've played multiple times and lost every battle even though you've changed your offense around to compensate and still have the same results
    How would one know if they are truly cheating or if they have better 6 dot mods then you
    I find this to be my issue

lmfao if you have lost every battle then you better start looking at your own team and never mind accusing people of cheating. still from my earlier post YOU CANNOT CHEAT ON DEFENCE

Are you ever wrong or are you just that naive?
    Your sitting here defending the fact that there isn't any cheaters on defense I'm starting to think weather or not your one of the cheaters
    I have no problem calling you out as a cheater because your actions suggest that you are one
    So what is it are you defending cheaters or will you admit that there is cheating on defense
    I believe that your a cheater because you sure as donkey du dont work for CG

Lets try this again
    ANY hack, cheat, mod or whatever you want to call it is done on your device. hence why you can cheat on offence.
    defences are server side and you cannot cheat the server side as that has nothing to do with your device.
    so that player will most likely not be banned and all you have done is wasted the Devs time with a fake claim of cheat.
    if you attack me on defence you can cheat on offence but i cannot cheat on defence. those podcasts or whatever are scaremongering and this is the main reason CG have tried to "bury" the whole cheating debacle as so much rubbish is spread by people who have no clue how it actually works
    and calling out more and more people accusing them of cheating is just making you look even dumber than you already are looking and proving you know 0 about how games actually work
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    What's the use of even playing anymore
    CG claims to have a program in place to detect the sorry cheaters but the reality of it is they probably don't
    We report the sorry cheaters so that it can continue to pile up for CG's back logs but are they really doing anything about it?
    I believe it it too overwhelming for CG to handle and just blew it off
    I cant even win in SA anymore with a gear 12 Padme squad
    How corrupt and infested is the game
    Is it even worth it anymore

You not being able to win on offence has got nothing to do with cheaters, that tells you you need to work on YOUR team.
    people CANNOT cheat on defence and this is exactly where the backlog comes in people reporting players because they think they are cheating because they cannot beat their team on defence.
    if YOU cannot win a battle it is all down to YOU not whoever your playing against and the sooner people realise this the easier you will make the job of levithian to actually find the real cheats as they will not be investigating someone there is no need to investigate.............

You are 100% wrong you can cheat on defense. I have fought this one team this past week that had an HK-47 that I couldn't even dent his protection and my GMY crits for 65k on his BASIC. And guess what? he was reported and he will lose his account eventually. Listen to some Podcasts that have come out this past week, you will be surprised what yo can do with these cheats.

Ok since we are not going to get an official answer from EA/CG lets try this one out.
    @Bulldog1205 since you used a mod cheat and done your investigating can you answer the 1 question please.
    Can you cheat on defence?

I have never come across any way to cheat on defense. I’m pretty sure it is practically impossible. That would requiring directly hacking CGs servers or their opponents device. Anyone actually capable yet crazy enough to do that would likely be looking for something much different than modifying a defense.
  • Raven714 wrote: »
    Because I have battled squads that had no damage and I was using a more powerful squad no way that squad could possibly win without damage no way

You possibly did not see the damage due to mitigation effects like Bariss or Geo Brood Alpha or Hermit Yoda equalization abilities if you are running battles on 4x speed.

All of my friends and co-workers work in IT. The people I work with know their games and explain this cheating easily. There is no hack to give character or ship shards, crystals, credits or energy. Everything is stored on the Client Host computer. I am not going to explain the cheat to you or anyone or why you can also get in trouble with your carrier for doing this.

You can not cheat on Defense. Period. You can modify your entire game and when your phone reports the data to the server, the server will flag you for review because the values of credits/crystals/shards do not match what is stored locally. Same goes for modifying mods or any other data. All your phone is doing is saying, Hey, Server, I fought this battle and this was the outcome win/lose/draw. That’s it. That’s all your phone reports adding a receipt of turns and moves by each opponent. The sever then puts the results of the battle into memory and awards the proper compensation.

Any changes to your characters by your phone are not uploaded to the Client Host. What is on the Host is permanent data and cannot be hacked. There are reams of articles of people trying to hack Blizzard for WoW, with no successful hacks. People tried hacking The Old Republic as well. That type of behavior is very illegal and can result in jail time as well as permanent ban from any future games by that company.

Sorry this is so long, but you need to understand the Server itself is very well protected with firewalls and other encryptions from just exactly what you are suggesting. Calling other players out as cheaters because of loosing to Defense is just plain wrong.

@Kyno @Fauztin please edit and modify if anything written in explanation is giving too much info or violates policy. Thank you
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    But instead of bringing that information directly to those that could do something about it, they decide to show anyone they can the fraud (to go off your hypothetical) and work on profiting off the damaging aspects in a new way, while causing further damage to the community by riling them up about something beyond their control.

Do you honestly think they're only trying to prevent cheating because some guy made a vid about it? I mean, really? Chances are they aren't even doing more than they were because the "cheating problem" is blown way out of proportion on the forum/reddit, but isn't actually that big of an issue at all.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Cheating is an issue but not as big an issue as many believe it too be... I have come across one cheater in each squad arena and fleet arena... the reason it was so obvious is because they were winning battles with squads that had less than one in a million chance to win... I also completely agree that there is no way to cheat on defense because if this was possible believe me these people would do it... the problem is in both cases these cheaters were allowed to get their accounts back after time and then reverted back to their cheating ways... this has most likely ended for them with the zero tolerance policy but we shall see. I want to reiterate that cheating on defense is something I’ve never seen or suspected and fairly certain it is not possible.
  • So are we just going to go into another GAC with cheating a common place?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    YOUniverse wrote: »
    So are we just going to go into another GAC with cheating a common place?

No for 2 reasons,

1- it's still not announced as to when the next one is, and its likely to have a short break at this point.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210465/event-calendar-august#latest

2- there is literally no proof that this is common place.
  • Cheating goes on but whether or not it’s common place is the question. It would be nice to get some transparency but I doubt that will happen. Have they announced the next GAC?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Have they announced the next GAC?
    Kyno wrote: »
    it's still not announced as to when the next one is

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Cheating goes on but whether or not it’s common place is the question. It would be nice to get some transparency but I doubt that will happen. Have they announced the next GAC?

How would anyone including CG know how common place it is? That would take to know who all the cheaters are and divide it to the total active population (which is something we as players will never know either).
  • Cg are just waiting for the fire to die out naturally and then the next gac will start.

it's easier, and cheaper, to ride out the storm on this one than it is to fix the problem.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Cheating goes on but whether or not it’s common place is the question. It would be nice to get some transparency but I doubt that will happen. Have they announced the next GAC?

How would anyone including CG know how common place it is? That would take to know who all the cheaters are and divide it to the total active population (which is something we as players will never know either).

This exactly
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

This exactly

There are probably some industry standards. Billion dollar business has to have data.
  • So far they found a cheater and banned his main but let him keep the cheating alt, then they banned another guy who talked about it...

They already caught 1 cheater this month, plus they banned his friend, so they have already done a lot to combat cheating.

There simply is not a whole bunch of cheaters. it's only like 3 or 4 people in the whole world that's why CG made this MEGA thread to tell us how rare cheating is...

I dont see any problem with continuing GAC as normal.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    So far they found a cheater and banned his main but let him keep the cheating alt, then they banned another guy who talked about it...

They already caught 1 cheater this month, plus they banned his friend, so they have already done a lot to combat cheating.

There simply is not a whole bunch of cheaters. it's only like 3 or 4 people in the whole world that's why CG made this MEGA thread to tell us how rare cheating is...

He said a while back they found and banned his alt.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    So far they found a cheater and banned his main but let him keep the cheating alt, then they banned another guy who talked about it...

He said a while back they found and banned his alt.

Yeah, which would have been through his IP address, since I doubt he used a different one for the alt. What I want to see is cheaters banned without player input.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Is that the new white knight response? to just say "oh its not common enough so who cares"

Who cares if its common? Cheating must be stopped 100% or whats the point.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    There are too many people reporting weird behavior on defense for it to be ignored, or passed off lightly. I've seen some odd things myself. If we accept that the servers are secure, we still have to account for what people are legitimately seeing. There may be bugs in the AI, or maybe the AI is just faulty, or whatever, but something possibly/probably server-side is in need of attention if we rule out defensive cheating, and I hope someone at cg is looking into that.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Is that the new white knight response? to just say "oh its not common enough so who cares"

Who cares if its common? Cheating must be stopped 100% or whats the point.

That’s probably impossible, but I hope they are trying.
  • NgH wrote: »
    There are too many people reporting weird behavior on defense for it to be ignored, or passed off lightly. I've seen some odd things myself. If we accept that the servers are secure, we still have to account for what people are legitimately seeing. There may be bugs in the AI, or maybe the AI is just faulty, or whatever, but something possibly/probably server-side is in need of attention if we rule out defensive cheating, and I hope someone at cg is looking into that.

Corporate Gaming Servers are quite secure. Other servers which we hear are being breached on a daily basis like Experian, Veteran Affairs, Bank of America etc. are mostly insider jobs or stolen laptop computers or phones with secured access to the data on the severs.

It is very near impossible to breach an MDF or IDF server without being detected or to introduce foreign data into the system. Firewalls and other protections are in place for just this very reason.

As far as odd behavior. The computer knows how synergies work and can use what it determines to be the best strategy to beat your team. It’s best to read each character’s abilities and learn your weakness that can be exploited. A counter to DR teams with no Malak is to knock out Badstila fast which renders the team inert. There are counters and weaknesses for every team, speed and offense can make or break teams. 1 point of speed can end a battle as a win or a defeat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    NgH wrote: »

Hmm... there's also way too many bigfoot sightings to be passed off lightly. We cannot accept our woods are safe.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    NgH wrote: »

Hmm... there's also way too many bigfoot sightings to be passed off lightly. We cannot accept our woods are safe.

Bigfoot never cost me first place rewards ... key difference
This discussion has been closed.