Malak coming soon

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    gflegui wrote: »
    We don’t need Malak! We have cheats now 😬

Malak is a cheat. Just an officially released one.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Please don't bring Malak back. He sucks! Either way ima disintegrate him with GG!
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    6purc7iddc2g.jpeg
  • Can’t wait for TW to be fun again!
  • I have everyone I'm going to use for the event G12 and zetas, except Canderous. He's G12 but didn't want to waste a zeta on him. Just bring Malak back already, tired of waiting!
  • No_Try wrote: »

Yea, basically. A very expensive, and officially released one, but basically a cheat.
  • I’m using the extra time to G13 the light side toons to make the event easy...
  • I'm doing the g13 on my DRevan arena squad, 2 at g13 and 2 more just need the g13 finisher piece. Hopefully when I get those finished the 5th one will be Malak
  • If you're talking about Bast, JKR & Jolee then go for it. But the rest are usless and not worth wasting resources on... Just get them to 16500 and leave them alone. They can be beaten by sooo many b-grade squads😔
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

Yea, basically. A very expensive, and officially released one, but basically a cheat.

What do you call G13 GG, then? A counter-cheat?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Interesting,

blw3qlc56daa.jpg
    sj3p8mhxiw9d.jpg
  • 9/6

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    9/6

Let's see if DR or Malak come on September 9th.
  • No way they run DR again before or in conjunction with Malak.
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    No way they run DR again before or in conjunction with Malak.
    It's a reasonable possibility. But not a reasonable expectation.
    Still not a he.
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    No way they run DR again before or in conjunction with Malak.

Why? They want as many Malaks in this game as possible to encourage spending on the new meta and emphasize the importance of getting toons the first go around
  • The way it makes sense to me: dr > malak > new meta all in rapid succession. That way the people just unlocking dr panic gear, then panic gear malak, then your tapped out for the new meta.
  • The way it makes sense to me: dr > malak > new meta all in rapid succession. That way the people just unlocking dr panic gear, then panic gear malak, then your tapped out for the new meta.

You’re forgetting one important step - the flood of Malaks in a shard and the saturation of it. Then forum posts about staleness in the meta.

You’re forgetting one important step - the flood of Malaks in a shard and the saturation of it. Then forum posts about staleness in the meta.

Thats going to happen regardless, gotta remember cg is here to make money not friends. Theyre going to take the path of profitability.
  • Soon can be tomorrow or it can also be in 6 months.
    Soon means nothing

Thats going to happen regardless, gotta remember cg is here to make money not friends. Theyre going to take the path of profitability.

For sure - and when a new marquee toon is released that might work a new meta peeps will spend.

And they set themselves up for the next epic confrontation perfectly. Who is going to want to miss out on a malak-esque toon again? Will probably be sub par as well. Ever since kotor they played this all magnificently.

For sure - and when a new marquee toon is released that might work a new meta peeps will spend.

And they set themselves up for the next epic confrontation perfectly. Who is going to want to miss out on a malak-esque toon again? Will probably be sub par as well. Ever since kotor they played this all magnificently.

Theve backed themselves into a corner with malak, people that are about to get dr will be mad if malak comes first. People who've been malak ready for two months will be mad if dr comes first.

Then every malak owner will be mad when their super toon gets smashed by a lowly marquee.
  • Soon can be tomorrow or it can also be in 6 months.
    Soon means nothing

Not quite. Words have meanings and definitions. Look up the definition of soon... It does not mean a month and definitely doesn't mean 6 months.

The Devs always choose their words wisely.
  • Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Soon can be tomorrow or it can also be in 6 months.
    Soon means nothing

Not quite. Words have meanings and definitions. Look up the definition of soon... It does not mean a month and definitely doesn't mean 6 months.

Theyve always played fast and loose with soon. Instead of looking up the deffinition look up how theyve used it in the past. 1-6 mos is very much inline with that

Edit: i dont mean to come across like an ****, just saying they dont follow websters when it comes to soon
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Soon means nothing

@JayJayManners , “soon” is a relative term. In fact I did look up the definitions. None of which outright disqualify a month or six months. That’s just your perspective and expectation of how “soon” should be defined. So again, relative.

Dev notes have always included the disclaimer that scheduling is subject to change, anyways.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Soon means nothing

JayJayManners , “soon” is a relative term. In fact I did look up the definitions. None of which outright disqualify a month or six months. That’s just your perspective and expectation of how “soon” should be defined. So again, relative.

Dev notes have always included the disclaimer that scheduling is subject to change, anyways.

To be fair, this time in the Q&A they specifically claimed it would be the usual understanding of soon, rather than the past CG application of soon.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.