Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    NgH wrote: »
    There are too many people reporting weird behavior on defense for it to be ignored, or passed off lightly. I've seen some odd things myself. If we accept that the servers are secure, we still have to account for what people are legitimately seeing. There may be bugs in the AI, or maybe the AI is just faulty, or whatever, but something possibly/probably server-side is in need of attention if we rule out defensive cheating, and I hope someone at cg is looking into that.

Hmm... there's also way too many bigfoot sightings to be passed off lightly. We cannot accept our woods are safe.

Bigfoot never cost me first place rewards ... key difference

Ppl cheating on defense have? Are you sure?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    There are too many people reporting weird behavior on defense for it to be ignored, or passed off lightly. I've seen some odd things myself. If we accept that the servers are secure, we still have to account for what people are legitimately seeing. There may be bugs in the AI, or maybe the AI is just faulty, or whatever, but something possibly/probably server-side is in need of attention if we rule out defensive cheating, and I hope someone at cg is looking into that.

Hmm... there's also way too many bigfoot sightings to be passed off lightly. We cannot accept our woods are safe.

People cheating by re using their best mods on all their teams have yes.

Have you ever checked the mods and seen a enemy team with 30 to 40 speed on everyone only to go into battle with a 300 speed thrawn and the enemy all acts first?

We are supposed to beleive Devs stopped this cheat just before launch of GAC because why? Do you have evidence players cant do this anymore?

Devs also said they stopped apk mods a few years ago with a warning that anyone nodding the apk or using 3rd party Crystal's will be banned but clearly that wasn't the case as bulldog proved.

If you have proof people cant cheat on defense anymore by using the mod swap technique to re use their mods then let's see it. Comparing it to a bigfoot sighting is a horrible analogy.

A better analogy is your car mechanic said he fixed your oil leak last month but your car still leaks oil, when you complain to him he says it was fixed. When you file a lawsuit against him he has the case sealed so no other customers find out he is just charging customers and not fixing anything.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Have you ever checked the mods and seen a enemy team with 30 to 40 speed on everyone only to go into battle with a 300 speed thrawn and the enemy all acts first?

We are supposed to beleive Devs stopped this cheat just before launch of GAC because why? Do you have evidence players cant do this anymore?

Devs also said they stopped apk mods a few years ago with a warning that anyone nodding the apk or using 3rd party Crystal's will be banned but clearly that wasn't the case as bulldog proved.

If you have proof people cant cheat on defense anymore by using the mod swap technique to re use their mods then let's see it. Comparing it to a bigfoot sighting is a horrible analogy.

A better analogy is your car mechanic said he fixed your oil leak last month but your car still leaks oil, when you complain to him he says it was fixed. When you file a lawsuit against him he has the case sealed so no other customers find out he is just charging customers and not fixing anything.

i'm pretty sure ea/cg have never claimed that they stopped all forms of cheating, or claimed they could for that matter. This post was made by the devs prior to GAC starting:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206596/anti-cheating-competitive-integrity#latest
    1ycydrjyjih3.png
    That doesn't sound like they're claiming they stopped cheating now does it?
    Also, your anology is horrible.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

If you are claiming that mods are still swapable you are the one with the burden of proof. And it was an exploit of a known bug which is not a cheat and in no way is a proof that defense is cheatable.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Devs also said they stopped apk mods a few years ago
    Can you post where this was ever said as there has never been such a claim, they have always said they were activly working on finding and stopping these cheats but never have they said they actually fully were able to stop these...
    as for your other point that is not actually cheating in the meaning of the word we were discussing the other guy actually said people can use modded files / cheats or whatever they are calling it to cheat on defence and make your defence so that it will not take any damage.
    this is what we were discussing and not the known mod exploit that you are talking about they are 2 different things so please dont agree with them that you can actually used modded files to cheat on defence just to attempt to throw in a discussion about a known exploit that is not actually a cheat
    can / could you change mods during GA .... yes thats a known exploit and the devs have admitted it as such
    can you cheat on defence by using modded files to make your defence take 0 damage ... No you cannot in any way do this as the information is in the CG/ EA servers.
    hopefully you now see the difference in the 2 seperate discussions and will agree you cannot actually cheat on defence.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    YOUniverse wrote: »
    So are we just going to go into another GAC with cheating a common place?

No for 2 reasons,

1- it's still not announced as to when the next one is, and its likely to have a short break at this point.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210465/event-calendar-august#latest

2- there is literally no proof that this is common place.

The evidence for me that it's common place is cgs response to the vids. If cgs competition of games weren't a complete joke they would lose out on 30 people I know. Not a huge number but I dont know very many. But raid and marvel games are poor knockoffs.

However I like to thank your reaction to the vids as i have saved a small amount of money. 7 star padme still isnt ready to fight, but with Cheaters running unchecked by cg and cg refuses to do anything for a week the thrill of competition gets lost.

Like fallout 76.. was fun then people figured out glitches and lapped me, buyers remorse happened
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    YOUniverse wrote: »
    So are we just going to go into another GAC with cheating a common place?

No for 2 reasons,

1- it's still not announced as to when the next one is, and its likely to have a short break at this point.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210465/event-calendar-august#latest

2- there is literally no proof that this is common place.

The evidence for me that it's common place is cgs response to the vids.
    smdh
  • Travesty
    64 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I think we're not keeping our collective eyes on the ball here.

Instead of auguring with each other and tediously parsing each other's words, or debating the appropriateness of the ban on 2 players, I'd suggest focusing on the following key points:

1. The videos showed it is still possible to cheat without detection unless someone reports a player.

2. Even if cheating is uncommon, it only takes a few dozen cheaters to affect a thousand players in GAC. BTW, the cheat for the game has been downloaded many, many, many times more than the few hundreds of players CG has said they banned.

3. Players will spend less or no money on the game if they perceive cheating is not adequately abated.

4. CG has made a conscious decision about how much resources to devote to anti-cheating over the last 4 years, and that amount has, demonstrably, not been enough.

5. Similar games, using the same game engine and code, have implemented measures to prevent the type of cheating that was demonstrated in the videos. It is entirely possible to prevent the cheating demonstrated if CG chooses to devote adequate resources to the problem.

6, SWGOH still makes millions of dollars per month, and has adequate resources to devote to this issue if they choose to.

What I and many others on this thread and over on that other popular social media site are saying is: CG, spend more time and effort fixing cheating.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Travesty wrote: »

2. The even if cheating is uncommon, it only takes a few dozen cheaters to affect a thousand players in GAC. BTW, the cheat for the game has been downloaded many, many, many times more than the few hundreds of players CG has said they banned.
    Please help me find that statement by the devs, because i can't find it.

5. Similar games, using the same game engine and code, have implemented measures to prevent the type of cheating that was demonstrated in the videos. It is entirely possible to prevent the cheating demonstrated if CG chooses to devote adequate resources to the problem.

That's a rather bold claim. I'm pretty sure it's not true.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    Raven714 wrote: »
    What's the use of even playing anymore
    CG claims to have a program in place to detect the sorry cheaters but the reality of it is they probably don't
    We report the sorry cheaters so that it can continue to pile up for CG's back logs but are they really doing anything about it?
    I believe it it too overwhelming for CG to handle and just blew it off
    I cant even win in SA anymore with a gear 12 Padme squad
    How corrupt and infested is the game
    Is it even worth it anymore

You not being able to win on offence has got nothing to do with cheaters, that tells you you need to work on YOUR team.
    people CANNOT cheat on defence and this is exactly where the backlog comes in people reporting players because they think they are cheating because they cannot beat their team on defence.
    if YOU cannot win a battle it is all down to YOU not whoever your playing against and the sooner people realise this the easier you will make the job of levithian to actually find the real cheats as they will not be investigating someone there is no need to investigate.............

You are 100% wrong you can cheat on defense. I have fought this one team this past week that had an HK-47 that I couldn't even dent his protection and my GMY crits for 65k on his BASIC. And guess what? he was reported and he will lose his account eventually. Listen to some Podcasts that have come out this past week, you will be surprised what yo can do with these cheats.

Ok since we are not going to get an official answer from EA/CG lets try this one out.
    @Bulldog1205 since you used a mod cheat and done your investigating can you answer the 1 question please.
    Can you cheat on defence?

I have never come across any way to cheat on defense. I’m pretty sure it is practically impossible. That would requiring directly hacking CGs servers or their opponents device. Anyone actually capable yet crazy enough to do that would likely be looking for something much different than modifying a defense.

Thankyou @Bulldog1205 as agreed the information for defences are server sided and to be able to cheat on defence you would need to hack EA/CG servers, find your defence file in those hundreds of servers, know when you are about to be attacked and alter the defence files during that attack to be able to cheat on defence.
    the same way as you cannot alter the amount of energy/ battles / crystals you have as they are all saved server side..... can you buy them from other sources and use them ingame yep defo as admitted by the devs people have been caught buying crystals elsewhere but your still paying for more crystals you cannot hack the info and physically change how many you have.
    the defence works in the same way you cannot actively cheat on defence, you can change gear / mods to change your stats yep ... can you set your defence so it takes 0 damage and be impossible to cheat no you cannot as that information is saved server side.
    now onto your problems if you are fighting a team over and over again and not being able to damage them then make a video and post it along with your swgoh.gg link and im sure someone will be able to tell you why you cant beat that team but do not claim it is a cheat as its impossible to cheat on defence unless you want to hack EA/CG servers and spend who knows how long trying to find your saved data on those servers
    @Raven714 @Quigonlives hope that helps explain it to you a bit and by calling anyone who disagrees with you a cheater you are just proving how little you actually know about the game and you are creating a massive backlog with your false reports of cheating as it takes many many hours to investigate these false claims and so you are actually helping the real cheaters cheat for longer and wasting levithians time when they have to investigate all these false claims.
    just because you cannot win a battle doesnt mean someone is cheating...................
  • Not that any of the Devs are actually reading this.... But CG really needs to stop having TW's run on the weekend until this cheating issue is resolved. Too much time goes by between when the cheating occurs and when CG gets into the office on Monday morning.
  • @leef

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/187540/cheater-amp-hacker-update-11-18/p1

"After countless reports and over a year of investigation, we are confidently taking action on hundreds of accounts engaged in... well let’s just say they ended up on my naughty list."

And, since EA's forum algorithms won't let me quote anyone, the answer to your second question is MSF. Mobilegamer and darthmicrotransaction cover it extensively. Peruse their videos if you doubt my 'bold' statement.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    What is MSF
  • Marvel Strike Force.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Marvel Strike Force.

Cool thanks. I’m just trying to keep up with my reading, lol
  • leef wrote: »

2. The even if cheating is uncommon, it only takes a few dozen cheaters to affect a thousand players in GAC. BTW, the cheat for the game has been downloaded many, many, many times more than the few hundreds of players CG has said they banned.

Leef you want proofs from everyone about their arguments. So I would like to see proof from you at least once.

Show us proof about your argument with point 5 as you are sure it´s not true. I think there is many people who would like to see it as you are hating all other people which disagree with you...

If you like just check MSF and discuss with their devs how their worked and fixed problems with cheaters and after compare with CG as they do almost nothing about this issue...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/187540/cheater-amp-hacker-update-11-18/p1

"After countless reports and over a year of investigation, we are confidently taking action on hundreds of accounts engaged in... well let’s just say they ended up on my naughty list."

And, since EA's forum algorithms won't let me quote anyone, the answer to your second question is MSF. Mobilegamer and darthmicrotransaction cover it extensively. Peruse their videos if you doubt my 'bold' statement.

This post was about the third party crystal issue. It's a different type of cheating that really isn't related to the current drama at all.
  • Are you guys really arguing over if you can cheat on defence? Who gives a ..... Stop derailing from what's important. People can and are cheating and CG has no way to detect it. They lied by omission of not anything, and no one with more sense than money should be defending them in any way.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Are you guys really arguing over if you can cheat on defence? Who gives a ..... Stop derailing from what's important. People can and are cheating and CG has no way to detect it. They lied by omission of not anything, and no one with more sense than money should be defending them in any way.

Except there was no omission. They have reported multiple times on what they are doing to try to combat cheating.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Leef you want proofs from everyone about their arguments. So I would like to see proof from you at least once.

Show us proof about your argument with point 5 as you are sure it´s not true. I think there is many people who would like to see it as you are hating all other people which disagree with you...

If you like just check MSF and discuss with their devs how their worked and fixed problems with cheaters and after compare with CG as they do almost nothing about this issue...

I can't prove that you can still cheat in MSF, i don't even play the game. I just think it's a rather bold claim to state that a game can prevent all cheating if they chose to devote adequate resources to the problem.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Are you guys really arguing over if you can cheat on defence? Who gives a ..... Stop derailing from what's important. People can and are cheating and CG has no way to detect it. They lied by omission of not anything, and no one with more sense than money should be defending them in any way.

Yes because wasting the time of the only person dealing with these reports with false reports of cheating on defence is holding up the real investigating of catching people who are actually cheating, the more false reports they get the longer it takes to get to the real cheats
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I can't prove that you can still cheat in MSF, i don't even play the game. I just think it's a rather bold claim to state that a game can prevent all cheating if they chose to devote adequate resources to the problem.

Exactly. Leef doesn’t need evidence since he’s not making the claims.
  • HondoOhnaka
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2019

It is just hating from your side as he is completly correct about this issue with point 5. Travesty is not talking about all cheating but about this exact style of cheating which we know all about. All other games solved this issue except SWGOH (CG). CG just doesn´t care at all about it (and even about our opinion anymore) and they just stack our money and laugh to our faces... We all know about this issue for a long time and NOTHING happened to this day. Now someone published it and what they do? Punished him for their lack of responsibilies in this problem... And we all also know they have enough resources to solve it, they just don´t want to... They just prove it with this all announcments.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

It is just hating from your side as he is completly correct about this issue with point 5. Travesty is not talking about all cheating but about this exact style of cheating which we know all about. All other games solved this issue except SWGOH (CG). CG just doesn´t care at all about it (and even about our opinion anymore) and they just stack our money and laugh to our faces... We all know about this issue for a long time and NOTHING happened to this day. Now someone published it and what they do? Punished him for their lack of responsibilies in this problem... And we all also know they have enough resources to solve it, they just don´t want to... They just prove it with this all announcments.

Maybe i'm just a hater, but i can't take anyone serious who thinks that the devs of a mobile game don't care about cheating and the prevention of cheating.
    Just out of curiousity, how exactly did MSF prevent cheating of this exact style?
  • Liath wrote: »

Except there was no omission. They have reported multiple times on what they are doing to try to combat cheating.

Do you have any evidence that CG has done anything to combat cheating?

(other than put the burden of identifying and reporting cheaters on other players to self report it, while at the same time not giving players any tools to help identify cheaters such as battle logs?)
  • HondoOhnaka
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2019

Maybe i'm just a hater, but i can't take anyone serious who thinks that the devs of a mobile game don't care about cheating and the prevention of cheating.
    Just out of curiousity, how exactly did MSF prevent cheating of this exact style?

You have to take all this people serious as you have proof in front of your face for more than three years here. (we are still talking about this exact style of cheating).

It is not possible to prevent it, but can stop the people from doing it with easiest reporting system (battle logs) it shows you how they beat your squad and you can report the cheater. Afterwards they can ban the person even with IP ban which is possible and will stop cheaters to play the game. (MSF did it also this way)

I was part of Innogames and we were giving bans to accounts according to these battle logs and if the person did it again we gave him IP ban which is 100% possible and the game got much cleaner thanks to it. The question is why CG doesn´t want to do it? (not why they don´t work on it as they had over three years of solving this issue) It took us one and half month to make this logs work and there was over 50mil. people playing the game. They used it also for their new and old games (over 350mil. active accounts) as they saw it working very well.
  • It s useless to spend money in this game if we can just cheat to win
This discussion has been closed.