The Bossk/Jawa thing needs to end quickly

Prev134
It won't matter until next week when TW starts back up, or whenever GAC comes back, but this nonsense with zzBossk and trash Jawas had better be fixed. It is clearly not WAI and a lot, A LOT of people are taking bugs to G12 and G13 for GEO TB. That is a lot of wasted resources if we cannot set them on D because 5* modless Jawas can kill them.

Replies

• StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    That's a whole lot of hyperbole for a pretty small issue. The bigger issue is that someone should ban Crumb for explaining how to use an exploit.
  • From following different discord servers, fairly certain it has nothing to do with Bossk. Looks like it's related to the hive mind. Another pre taunting tank such as KRU would have the same interaction.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh no! The 2% Phase 3 Darth Traya trick is exposed because Geos. In other nerfs today Darth Traya will no longer topple and all characters will take 100% bonus damage, because reasons.
  • If you can't use them on defense use them on offense.

Problem. Solution.
    This. Not to say that BH is still a viable defense team in GA and you take away most of the team's gimmicks if you take out Bossk for a potential geo defense.
  • From following different discord servers, fairly certain it has nothing to do with Bossk. Looks like it's related to the hive mind. Another pre taunting tank such as KRU would have the same interaction.

I'd noticed this as well. I've run Jawas plus Nest/Traya, and even when all Jawas are stealthed and the Geos are pounding on Nest/Traya, they still seem to be racking up thermals somehow.
  • Very simplistic views being displayed here. You think I don't realize I can just save them for offense? The problem is that a G13 squad of really any faction should not be beaten by unmodded, 5* Jawas.

And zzKRU will not work. It is all about the interaction between Bossk's unique and Scavenger's unique.
    StarSon wrote: »
    That's a whole lot of hyperbole for a pretty small issue. The bigger issue is that someone should ban Crumb for explaining how to use an exploit.

Hyperbole? Please explain what is hyperbolic about my comment.
  • Nest can solo Geos, BTW. So can just Traya and Sion, I do believe.
  • You can’t suggest nerfing Jawas?

Beating Geos is literally their only use in this game. Geos are a B-team.
  • No, don't nerf them. Just fix the bug.
  • Did they nerf Imp Troopers when they were found to counter nightsisters?

Bastila lead counters Grevious.

Counters exist - deal with it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    It won't matter until next week when TW starts back up, or whenever GAC comes back, but this nonsense with zzBossk and trash Jawas had better be fixed. It is clearly not WAI and a lot, A LOT of people are taking bugs to G12 and G13 for GEO TB. That is a lot of wasted resources if we cannot set them on D because 5* modless Jawas can kill them.

You said yourself ppl are taking them to g12/13 for geo TB. How is an interaction in a different game mode making it waste of resources?
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Leave the little guys alone, they don't get much love. Can't wait to gear me some bug squashers.
  • A lot of people obviously haven’t seen the videos on Jawas. They apply detonators even when you hit bossk.

It's not a counter. It's a bug. "Line in the sand" says Jawa allies. Bossk isn't a Jawa. It's not working the way it's worded.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Did they nerf Imp Troopers when they were found to counter nightsisters?

It's not a counter. It's a bug. "Line in the sand" says Jawa allies. Bossk isn't a Jawa. It's not working the way it's worded.

This.

This will end up with a change, it's just hard to tell which side of the line in the sand we will end up on.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    "When a Jawa ally takes damage"

Bossk (as well as every other current pretaunting unit) is not a Jawa. Therefore, this is a bug that is clearly on the Scavenger side.
  • All they need to do is add Jawa tag to Bossk. Problem solved!!! :D

Perf.

• Hmm . The whole jawa thing should have been fixed , the 1st time when it was found . But instead reword the ability . So now will cg fix the bug or just reword the ability again .
  • Or change scavengers unique to say any ally

It’s entirely possible that Bossk is a very tall Jawa. Has anyone ever seen a jawa’s face?

Cou ter do exist yes, and they said jawas can be a counter. Fine.

But the problem is jawa scaverngers kit specificslly says when jawa allies are hit, not any ally. Thus bossk taking damage and causing thermals to apply is a bug
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Stalbot wrote: »
    Hmm . The whole jawa thing should have been fixed , the 1st time when it was found . But instead reword the ability . So now will cg fix the bug or just reword the ability again .
    Or change scavengers unique to say any ally

There will be justified rioting if all they do is change the wording and leave the bug.
  • I guess someone forgot to tell the OP that Genos are better on O
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Tryxa wrote: »
    Hmm . The whole jawa thing should have been fixed , the 1st time when it was found . But instead reword the ability . So now will cg fix the bug or just reword the ability again .

There will be justified rioting if all they do is change the wording and leave the bug.

They already survived one riot last week...
  • Tryxa wrote: »

Way i see it, if someone wants cripple their bh to counter geos thats a win for geos.
  • Lol. I remember taking my geos against traya. Not pretty. Same with nest. Learn as you go.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Tryxa wrote: »
    "When a Jawa ally takes damage"

Bossk (as well as every other current pretaunting unit) is not a Jawa. Therefore, this is a bug that is clearly on the Scavenger side.

I just meant to say, they will fix it with either changing the wording of scavs ability, or they will change how it functions, but with recent events its anyones guess as to it being a new feature or an old bug.....