What about promoting EP9?

124Next

Replies

• twstdbydsn wrote: »
    If they do add E9 characters who would they be? The Sith Trooper we've seen released? Full on Jedi Rey? Ghost Luke? Who else?

Knights of Ren faction. Another Kylo. Jedi Rey. All the new updated characters.

And they won't release characters like that until after the movie to prevent spoilers. We only got the vets prior toep 8 coming out and they were from ep 7. All the ep 8 characters were after the movie was out.

So unless we get a porg eater chewie, there aren't many characters that lead to a journey type release.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    If they do add E9 characters who would they be? The Sith Trooper we've seen released? Full on Jedi Rey? Ghost Luke? Who else?

And they won't release characters like that until after the movie to prevent spoilers. We only got the vets prior toep 8 coming out and they were from ep 7. All the ep 8 characters were after the movie was out.

So unless we get a porg eater chewie, there aren't many characters that lead to a journey type release.

We got Enfys Nest before Solo came out.
    And Enfys Nest was being promoted as a protagonist but was a Light Side character ...

Kind of ruined the reveal at the end of the movie for me, tbh ...
  • Stenun wrote: »

And Enfys Nest was being promoted as a protagonist but was a Light Side character ...

I thought she came out right around the time of the movie. Could have been a bit before. But not 4 months before. And I think they worry more about spoilers with the main saga than with spinoffs.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »

I thought she came out right around the time of the movie. Could have been a bit before. But not 4 months before. And I think they worry more about spoilers with the main saga than with spinoffs.

No, certainly not 4 months before, true. Just before the release, iirc.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!

I rarely watch those sorts of videos on youtube but I decided to check out the subscriber numbers of the ones listed here.
    Geeks and Gamers: 180k. Nerdrotic: 113k. RedLetterMedia: 1,033k.
    That comes to 1,326,000 people subscribed to these channels (assuming nobody subscribes to more than one of these channels although they probably do but let's be generous).

So even if all these people participate in the boycott (and I doubt they will), that's a boycott of Ep IX by 1,326,000 people? You really think that's a significant number when it comes to Star Wars?
    The Last Jedi took in $1.333 billion. Even if these 1,326,000 were each going to go to an expensive cinema and pay $20 each, that's a decline of $26.5 million in box office terms.
    Meaning that a repeat performance by The Rise Of Skywalker, minus the $26.5 from this boycott, would mean that The Rise Of Skywalker will gross roughly $1.306 billion.

This will make it the 15th highest grossing movie of all time.

Personally, I'm going to a midnight screening on the opening day.

But good luck with your boycott ... ! :smiley:
    I thought Solo was great...maybe I'm in the minority, who knows.

I don’t think I’d go so far as to say great, but I liked it a lot and would watch it again. It was fun, it fleshed out the universe, it gave me a look at what it’s like to not be the savior of a religion or general of an army or other highest-of-the-high positioned person.

Mike Schur told a story about Lord and Miller once to illustrate a point he was making about something else. He didn’t say what movie they were working on, but did say that it was a big franchise and it didn’t work out, so you can draw a conclusion if you’d like. But his story was that Lord and Miller were writing a scene when they realized that, in order for the scene to make sense, a character who had been in “France” (he used that as an example because everyone in the real world knows where France is) had to show up in this scene that took place in “Peru.” And so they spent days trying to figure out a way to make the plot work and production ground to a halt because they couldn’t crack the problem when a studio executive came to their writer’s room to help. They explained the problem and the response was, “Okay, I see what you’re saying, but what you don’t get is no one cares. They don’t want to know how Character X goes from France to Peru, they just want to see them show up in Peru. Now film the scene.”

So if you see a plot hole, just remember that the point of the movie is a fun little side jaunt and not a tightly plotted epic.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I liked Solo enough to watch it a second time. Not a big movie goer as I'm old, and don't want to sit in a crowd for a couple of hours. I waited for it to come to my small screen, and watched it partially due to my interest in the newly released Nest.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nest was cool, and she was done well. I would be interested in seeing her legacy.

More importantly, I want more Donald Glover. He brought the movie to life, and contrasted the rough Beckett and mysterious Qi’ra.

What I really REALLY want though is a similar western type movie that features a coming of age Jango Fett.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Just check out your local toy store and see what characters they are pushing. Over the years I've noticed a direct correlation between the action figures and the toons we end up getting.

Talk about spoilers!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

KRU and FOSFTP/F also came before the movie.
  • Nihion wrote: »

We don’t know yet

I know. I was spitballing ideas to generate conversation.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    [quote="DarkHelmet1138;c-1938220"

4. They broke hyperspace. If a ship could just turn around and hyperspace into the enemy fleet, that would have been helpful for both death star battles. The fact that it is a thing now and no one thought of it before is just laughable. Do they not have a story group that thinks of stuff like this before they put it in the movie?

5. Pointless story threads in ep 8 to feed an agenda. [/quote]

It’s never claimed that no one ever thought of doing what holdo did. She killed herself by slamming her ship into another. How does that break hyperspace. We had barely any established rules to hyperspace, in fact we have already seen ships hit each other in Star Wars and explode. If you’re the rebels that’s your plan ? Slam a ship into the Death Star when a single shot from an x wing kills it ? I hate this one as a critique of last jedi. It’s weak.
    Kamikaze pilots existed in the real world , and yet , they weren’t first method of attack or the ideal way to attack, nor the most effective. Holdo does that as a desperate person in a desperate situation.

And your point 5?
    Have you ever seen a Tarantino movie or watched Seinfeld ? Pointless and unresolved story threads do not equal poor content.
  • Point 4.

So why didn't the rebels send an unmanned fighter into hyperspace at the death star. Tlj makes me ask that question and if it works so well, you'd think it'd be used all the time.

Number 5.

You won't convince me that pointless story threads to push an agenda make a good movie. Run time is valuable. It could have been used much better. They state that they didn't have time to explore things such as the knights of ren but they had an hour to waste on a pointless side quest that didn't move the story along at all. Sorry but that is just bad in my opinion.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    To be fair, hyperspace-related warfare was already ruined by Han's landing on Starkiller base in TFA. Unless he's force-sensitive (which he isn't), a computer would achieve better timing so the whole hassle the gang went through to deactivate the shield in RoTJ was entirely pointless. Then again, a lot of warfare-related stuff in Star Wars makes no sense (no informational warfare, nanobots mentioned once and then forgotten, and so on). If you want some cool sci-fi warfare, jump missiles and all, read something written by Neal Asher.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    To be fair, hyperspace-related warfare was already ruined by Han's landing on Starkiller base in TFA. Unless he's force-sensitive (which he isn't), a computer would achieve better timing so the whole hassle the gang went through to deactivate the shield in RoTJ was entirely pointless. Then again, a lot of warfare-related stuff in Star Wars makes no sense (no informational warfare, nanobots mentioned once and then forgotten, and so on). If you want some cool sci-fi warfare, jump missiles and all, read something written by Neal Asher.

Yeah I had to suspend disbelief a lot on that one too. But didn't mention it.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Nest was cool, and she was done well. I would be interested in seeing her legacy.

More importantly, I want more Donald Glover. He brought the movie to life, and contrasted the rough Beckett and mysterious Qi’ra.

What I really REALLY want though is a similar western type movie that features a coming of age Jango Fett.

I want a Yojimbo style story with Ewan McGregor on Tattooine. It's really the only one off movie I need.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

I want a Yojimbo style story with Ewan McGregor on Tattooine. It's really the only one off movie I need.

Kenobi : "I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my Bantha don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it." (Ignites Saber)

Kenobi : "When a man with a light saber meets a man with a BlasTech Sniper Rifle, you said, the man with a LightSaber is a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot."
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting. Look what happened to the theme park. Disney sucks. Swgoh does not need this trash. Well at least if they don't want to lose money.
    @Rake6
    I just quoted this so I can find this thread in a couple months when episode nine tops force awakens sales. People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.

And you’re the definition of toxic fandom , last jedi was great , it’s just a vocal minority who gets themselves wound up over it. They just tell each other that everyone hates it until they believe it. If you need a source re read this thread.

And to your point about Disney parks. Are you referring to the fact that Disney parks were down 3% over the ( still unfinished) summer ? Ouch three percent , I recon that’s about how many fans were upset about last jedi too. The park sold less seasonal passes this year purposely to control overcrowding BECAUSE they added the Star Wars park and didn’t want to hurt everyone’s general experience with even long waits. Get some trustworthy sources and take off the tin foil hat. Star Wars is doing just fine.

Not really after EP IX there really isnt much to do that is worth watching.

Same with marvel. After phase 5 the MCU will die.

Yep, think I am done with the Marvel movies. Don’t need any of the “new” characters they just put in the comics. Just stick with the original versions of the characters.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Well, I'm super hyped for The Mandolorean. It's always possible they can fail it, but with the group involved in the show it SHOULD be good.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Well, I'm super hyped for The Mandolorean. It's always possible they can fail it, but with the group involved in the show it SHOULD be good.

Yep. The only thing that ruins it for me is that Disney+ is initially starting in USA only, so I guess I will have to do it the old way. And I actually wanted to subscribe to that one...
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    The move that should be used for Snoke is Foce Link. It doubles the protection and health for a toon and marks that ally to make all enemy toons attack them. It links that toon to an enemy toon and makes all damage that an ally takes also be taken by by the enemy.

CG, I am requesting a free 7 star g13 Supreme Leader Snoke for my account if you use this idea
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Stick wrote: »
    [quote="DarkHelmet1138;c-1938220"

4. They broke hyperspace. If a ship could just turn around and hyperspace into the enemy fleet, that would have been helpful for both death star battles. The fact that it is a thing now and no one thought of it before is just laughable. Do they not have a story group that thinks of stuff like this before they put it in the movie?

5. Pointless story threads in ep 8 to feed an agenda.

you guys are gonna make me go reread dark force rising now..... could have sworn 27 years ago they weaponized light speed when the dreadnaughts slammed into the Premptory... just can't remember if they just remoteed into the dreadnaught and crashed into it or light speeded into it.... ARGGGG

time to get the audio books out.... marc thompson was awesome in those things...half the time you think the real actor was narrating... oooooo Scoundrels too...that was a good one....

But for all you know the director read dark force rising and said "hey that's a good idea"
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting. Look what happened to the theme park. Disney sucks. Swgoh does not need this trash. Well at least if they don't want to lose money.

Hey just an update @Rake6
    Star Wars broke the avengers record for presale tickets. Sounds like your boycott is going strong. Movie doesn’t even come out for 2 months. Stay tuned for more updates.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Force lightning
    Force push
    Force pull
    Force choke
    Telepathy
    Get into your mind

Die by Apprentice
    Command Ship Rammed
    Poor Decision making

Poor decision making? How so? He turned possibly the most powerful Jedi in 50 years against his teacher, causing him to denounce the force and go into hiding. Also causing the death of Han Solo. All without getting off his chair. That’s baller.

Palpatine made himself king of the entire **** galaxy while also not getting out of his chair.

Snoke was incompetent and a rather boring character really.

Boring, yes. But he did basically eliminate 3 of the OG heroes and get the resistance numbers down to about 7 people. He deserves some credit for eliminating that terrorist threat of the Resistance.

Yep, Palpatine couldnt kill Han or Luke. Snoke took care of both through Kylo Ren.

Let’s not forget Palpatine orchestrated the downfall of the Jedi order killing nearly all of them. Order 66 ring any bells?