Bottleneck of Gear and Omegas

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Probably because we get a guaranteed 7 per week from dailies, plus we get them from omega events.

Yet when you try and get a squad together, the 7-10 that you get per week doesn't even keep up with the needs of 1 toon.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You don't need to build a whole squad every week though.

Also you can buy them from fleet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    JDIII wrote: »
    @TVF With the force of course ;)

giphy.gif
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Omegas are fine. Just go one character at a time and do omegas between zetas. Easy-peasy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    You don't need to build a whole squad every week though.

Also you can buy them from fleet.

You are right, you dont need to build a squad every week. However, gearing a player a week is still not possible at the rate that we get omegas. A 3 move player with no zeta requires 15 omegas. We dont get enough omegas in one week to bring that players moves to full. Add a zeta and the total goes north of 25 needed for that one player.
  • Omegas are yet another discrepancy that massively benefits older players. They'll typically have half of the omegas on a teams like clones so they'll only need to omega 2 characters rather than 5. Same thing with GR teams, and SE, and droids.
  • I'll reiterate what others have said, not all omegas are necessary. If you adopt a hoarding mentality and can get to the point where you ask yourself, is 30% damage on this guys basic really worth it, you might find yourself with them on hand when it's REALLY important to place them.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Omegas are yet another discrepancy that massively benefits older players. They'll typically have half of the omegas on a teams like clones so they'll only need to omega 2 characters rather than 5. Same thing with GR teams, and SE, and droids.

I've played since April 2017 and have zero omegas on Clones.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I look at this from a slightly different perspective.

Its not the LACK of Stun Guns that is making me mad, its the MASSIVE # of them you need.

Every time I see 2 Stun Guns on the same Character Level or better yet, a Mk5 & a higher Level one that uses the entire Mk5 in it, I get so annoyed.

I'm not saying don't require them, but for the love of Pete can you make it a tolerable level PLEASE?

Other fun ones I've found in my noob status of only playing since April.......

Mk1 Carbanti v/s Mk3 Carbanti.......... 3x the stats on the Mk1, but only used like 36 times in the entire game and 3 are on 1 character!! Then never used again. What, we just stopped using those so we can make you farm 50 shards of the Mk3 for only 1/3 of the stats. DOH.

The Mk4 Keypad v/s the Mk2 Nubian Design thingy, nearly the same stats, 1 of them is a stack in my virtual bank, the other, constantly used 1-3x a level it seems for ever character from Gear-5 & up.
    Never enough of them to go around, and that is with those actually included in the challenges.

The Mk3 Bacta Vial thingy...... absolute crap final stats that are worse than the basic stats of the 3-6 items it takes to craft the thing!!
    (This one makes me want to kick someone in the shin that created it, what kind of sadistic person takes a bunch of good stat items & combines them into a crap stat one ?!?!?!)

So every time I read how a Dev really loves the game & is a huge fan & is trying to create the best experience for us, and then I see 6 items on my newly promoted G11 character that I'm so proud to finally reach, and all 6 items are each over a week of farming for a single item..... Yeah..... That's when I realize no one cares & they are just out to rake in the cash at the expense of my blood pressure & gray hairs.

(I'm not bitter, really)
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • 1/30 drop chance of omega in cantina last page
  • I look at this from a slightly different perspective.

Its not the LACK of Stun Guns that is **** me off, its the MASSIVE # of them you need.

Every time I see 2 Stun Guns on the same Character Level or better yet, a Mk5 & a higher Level one that uses the entire Mk5 in it, I get so annoyed.

I'm not saying don't require them, but for the love of Pete can you make it a tolerable level PLEASE?

Other fun ones I've found in my noob status of only playing since April.......

Mk1 Carbanti v/s Mk3 Carbanti.......... 3x the stats on the Mk1, but only used like 36 times in the entire game and 3 are on 1 character!! Then never used again. What, we just stopped using those so we can make you farm 50 shards of the Mk3 for only 1/3 of the stats. DOH.

The Mk4 Keypad v/s the Mk2 Nubian Design thingy, nearly the same stats, 1 of them is a stack in my virtual bank, the other, constantly used 1-3x a level it seems for ever character from Gear-5 & up.
    Never enough of them to go around, and that is with those actually included in the challenges.

The Mk3 Bacta Vial thingy...... absolute crap final stats that are worse than the basic stats of the 3-6 items it takes to craft the thing!!
    (This one makes me want to kick someone in the shin that created it, what kind of sadistic person takes a bunch of good stat items & combines them into a crap stat one ?!?!?!)

So every time I read how a Dev really loves the game & is a huge fan & is trying to create the best experience for us, and then I see 6 items on my newly promoted G11 character that I'm so proud to finally reach, and all 6 items are each over a week of farming for a single item..... Yeah..... That's when I realize no one cares & they are just out to rake in the cash at the expense of my blood pressure & gray hairs.

(I'm not bitter, really)

Ive noticed alot of the crunch gear effects health. So while a pain to farm they make it so that caracter can survive.

On your point of lower gear havimg better stats i agree totally. All gear should atleast = the sum of the parts.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Stun guns don't seem to bother me, it's the carbanti that goes along with them that stop me from using them.

There's been a few changes that I think have really frustrated the gear crunch and omegas for a lot of players (whether it be reality or perception)

The first is g12.5-g13 needing a lot of the same purple gear that provides the gear crunch down as low as g9. Some yellow g12.5+ pieces I have hundreds of but get blocked by the same pieces that stall me on g9.

Second change is the sudden need for full squads of high level toons, especially when it comes to minimum GP just to play (Malak event, Geos etc). It's all well and good to say not to omega every ability or focus on only one toon but more and more it's become a forced necessity.

Likewise with the new harder legendary requirements. Again it's forcing specific toons to be geared/omega'd to meet requirements. This increases resource consumption.

I don't think there's a major issue at the moment but I don't think the balance is right overall. Just my 2c.
  • i don't feel Omegas are a big problem, as you get min 1 every day, if you're short, in few days it's solved.
    I find myself today more often without stun guns & carbanti than anything else, and once i climbed that wall, i get slapped with the next golden eyeballs / kyrotech wall, not to mention then the G12+ and G12 finishers walls.
    In that regard, we have to pass several walls, until we've maxed a character, i understand that's strategic and intentional, but as we have already after the "stun guns & carbanti-Wall" 2 - 3 other hard walls, CG could really make it easyer to climb at least the first wall.
    Would of course also make the game more attractive for newcomers, wouldn't it?
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Banmeong wrote: »
    1/30 drop chance of omega in cantina last page

Source?
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Banmeong wrote: »
    1/30 drop chance of omega in cantina last page
    Sure.

I recorded results for several months when I focused on farming DT and the Vets. The first 400 very detailed (including other mat drops and shards) the remainder on aggregate. In total something about 2,000 battles during that time. During the first 400 battles, I had a 35.31% drop rate for shards and 0% omegas.
    Later I registered 2 omegas. That's a 0.1% drop rate. Let's say I blinked and missed out on another 3 omegas (which I highly doubt. Maybe I missed one or two). That would raise it to a 0.25% drop rate.

Your post suggests that I should have ended up with more than 60 omegas. Maybe you got lucky on a few tries? Congrats. I'm totally fine with that. But please don't fool others into farming omegas where they should not. My figures might be off as well but your post is definitely misleading.

//Edit: purple mats was 23.97%, blue 48.2%, green 53.35%
    Omegas are yet another discrepancy that massively benefits older players. They'll typically have half of the omegas on a teams like clones so they'll only need to omega 2 characters rather than 5. Same thing with GR teams, and SE, and droids.

I've played since April 2017 and have zero omegas on Clones.

I started August 2017. When I wrote 'older' I was referring to near-launch players.
  • Just a side note to farming Omegas, as i took both my Veterans from 3* to 7*, i've got out of the whole Farm 1 single Omega :) , so don't waste energy on Omega farm, it's pointless.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • My Big Bottle Neck is Stun Guns... I wonder if they took them out of fleet nodes on purpose....
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    They absolutely did. They made the ship energy way less expensive, so that was the tradeoff they chose. For obvious reasons.
    Probably because we get a guaranteed 7 per week from dailies, plus we get them from omega events.

7 a week for omega and 6 aweek for zeta, plus the extra zetas from eventually having maxed fleet store makes omegas the least aquired material compared to their demand. Anyone who thinks the rate of omegas does not need to be increased doesnt understand basic math.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Mousie wrote: »

7 a week for omega and 6 aweek for zeta, plus the extra zetas from eventually having maxed fleet store makes omegas the least aquired material compared to their demand. Anyone who thinks the rate of omegas does not need to be increased doesnt understand basic math.

You can't count the extra zetas from fleet since you have just as much opportunity to buy omegas from fleet (minus RNG of which shows, omegas or purples, which is basically irrelevent due to the cost of omegas, meaning if you buy an omega every time you see it you'll run out of currency eventually, no different than you would with zetas).

It's 7 a week for omega, plus fleet store, plus monthly login, plus omega events (including mythic final tiers), plus TW rewards, plus GA rewards. Versus 6 a week for zeta, plus fleet store, plus monthly login, plus Talzin/Wicket events, plus TW rewards, plus GA rewards.

That's my math.

You can't count the extra zetas from fleet since you have just as much opportunity to buy omegas from fleet (minus RNG of which shows, omegas or purples, which is basically irrelevent due to the cost of omegas, meaning if you buy an omega every time you see it you'll run out of currency eventually, no different than you would with zetas).

It's 7 a week for omega, plus fleet store, plus monthly login, plus omega events (including mythic final tiers), plus TW rewards, plus GA rewards. Versus 6 a week for zeta, plus fleet store, plus monthly login, plus Talzin/Wicket events, plus TW rewards, plus GA rewards.

That's my math.

Oh you certainly can. As a developer you should pay attention tk how your pmayers play the game. No one is spending 1500 on an omega when 2000 gets you a zeta. If you are. You dont unserstand how to play the game. An easy fix would be to drop the cost of omega to 500 in fleet and then id say you can reference them. Also a simple tweak like that would fix the omega issue.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    So who cared for them unleashing omegas in weeklies for quite a few months, bought those...and still have an omega bottleneck? Right before that weeklies omegas was nowhere to be seen for a few months.
  • It’s ok everyone! They made gear farming easier! They added an ever expansive weekly shipments store that’s is longer than essays that I’ve written
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

That's my math.

Oh you certainly can. As a developer you should pay attention tk how your pmayers play the game. No one is spending 1500 on an omega when 2000 gets you a zeta. If you are. You dont unserstand how to play the game. An easy fix would be to drop the cost of omega to 500 in fleet and then id say you can reference them. Also a simple tweak like that would fix the omega issue.

If you are complaining that thing one is bottlenecked relative to thing two, and you have a source from which you can acquire either, then arguing that somebody who buys the bottlenecked one doesn't understand how to play the game is ridiculous. Value isn't determined in a vacuum, and buying zetas when you don't have the omegas to be able to use them is pointless.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    I'm a launch day player, and I have 155 omegas in the bank now. I'm very cautious about who I give omegas to. For example I didn't put omegas on Greedo's basic attack, coz it gives +15% potency up chance. Rex doesn't have Subdue maxed, coz the last tier gives +5% bonus damage. These are just not worth the investment in my opinion. I also don't zeta abilities I consider luxury zeta investments like GMY's leader ability or Scav Rey unique that also requires 10-13 omegas. Proper resource management helps a lot. Nevertheless I can imagine that the omega crunch is real for newer players.

What bothers me is that G12+ (and perhaps G12 finishers - I don't know, I haven't checked all characters) require the same lower-level bottleneck gear pieces - namely, Stun Cuffs, Carbantis, and Stun Guns - that are required from G8 upwards. And those G12 and G12+ pieces are quite a bottleneck themselves since the HSTR rewards nerf.

Not to mention the G13 pieces that (almost) each require Kyrotechs, G12+ gears and G13 finishers (the various Injector stuffs)...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

That's my math.

I buy omegas for 1500 when I'm low on omegas and have enough zetas. I respectfully disagree with your assertion that I don't understand how to play the game. My roster and my performance in every part of the game also respectfully disagree with your assertion.

I wish you well in your quest for more omegas.
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    With new toons like Geos, GR, Separatist Droids, and if not done, the farm for the Revans... not to mention that G11 doesn't really cut it anymore, so G12 is the new G11... omegas and gear are just a severe bottleneck. I've 97 zetas, and 12 omegas. Crazy!
    I still won't buy omegas though... I suspect new gear and/or omega locations will sprout somewhere... or at least I hope!
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Gavsta wrote: »
    I still won't buy omegas though... I suspect new gear and/or omega locations will sprout somewhere... or at least I hope!

I don't really believe that CG will make the new gear more available. I would be content if they made getting old gear easier.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Spang wrote: »
    Gavsta wrote: »

I don't really believe that CG will make the new gear more available. I would be content if they made getting old gear easier.

CG has frequently made new gear more available. G12 right side was originally only available in the Sith Raid. Then you could buy with crystals. Now you can buy it in the shops and farm it.