G13 Darth Maul

Replies

• really **** sad how one reply can throw a wrench into an entire discussion. in all honesty i dont like g13. should have increased level cap to 95 instead. Time to give this pocket whaling and guild attrition a rest.
  • Maul is a beast, can’t believe more people aren’t talking about this...
  • Kokie wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    The best way to play the game is to play with the characters that you love. If Maul is one, by all means go for it.
    (I put Dooku and Sidious zetas on a year ago because I like the characters. ) I’m also intrigued by Sidious G13. Because of his zeta, he could be very healthy.

Actually, it is the worst way to play this game.
    You will get yourself into unending funnel of loosing arena - loosing crystals gain - loosing advantage to keep up on arena...

Actually there's no "right" way to play this game. You just have different goals.

Not true.....haven't you read the forums? There are 100 ways to play the game right and everyone else is wrong

I got my 7* Negotiator how about you?

Yes, I complained about the cost of mod swapping and was compensated with the Negotiator and a 7* Wat Tambor

Shame on you for that.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    The best way to play the game is to play with the characters that you love. If Maul is one, by all means go for it.
    (I put Dooku and Sidious zetas on a year ago because I like the characters. ) I’m also intrigued by Sidious G13. Because of his zeta, he could be very healthy.

Actually, it is the worst way to play this game.
    You will get yourself into unending funnel of loosing arena - loosing crystals gain - loosing advantage to keep up on arena...

Actually there's no "right" way to play this game. You just have different goals.

Not true.....haven't you read the forums? There are 100 ways to play the game right and everyone else is wrong

I got my 7* Negotiator how about you?

Yes, I complained about the cost of mod swapping and was compensated with the Negotiator and a 7* Wat Tambor

Shame on you for that.

Woosh.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Because he’s not horrible...
  • 3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

Now I just have to slap a Zeta on him...
  • 3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

What are his stats?
  • bk2vdpwti72i.jpeg
    2f6zwrw0l16x.png

My mods aren’t the best... with better mods his protection could be 90K...

3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

What are his stats?

• 3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

Whaaat you don't have his zeta yet? zMaul is the basis for a seriously tough defensive team, and you only need the one zeta for it to work. If you're able to spare a fast BSF for the zMaul team, they become nigh unbeatable.
  • He’s getting my next Zeta!
  • He’s getting my next Zeta!

Oh he better! To be fair I'm just really really jealous. Maul ftw!
  • He’s a beast!
  • 3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

Whaaat you don't have his zeta yet? zMaul is the basis for a seriously tough defensive team, and you only need the one zeta for it to work. If you're able to spare a fast BSF for the zMaul team, they become nigh unbeatable.

Burning shuts zmaul down quick, just throwing that out there
  • lpnweldeuo14.jpeg

And this is what we call, A Waste Of Money

Tbh if modded well he could be great at g13, would be a good fifth for traya or palps
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

If you have to use CLS (or maybe JTR) to beat a maul team, isn't that a win for Maul?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

If you have to use CLS (or maybe JTR) to beat a maul team, isn't that a win for Maul?

Or jango fett, doesn't have to be a bh squad just throw him on a solid b team
  • Eventually I’ll G13 all the Sith, just wanted to do him since he’s my favorite. You gotta have fun, we are playing a game right?
  • Eventually I’ll G13 all the Sith, just wanted to do him since he’s my favorite. You gotta have fun, we are playing a game right?

Yes. Thank you. If CG would realize this and take a step back they could really improve the game. Obviously simply making much more g12 finishers available wouldn't necessarily help their bottom line, but increasing drops and such will encourage more players to freely equip rare pieces to characters they like. It just takes some of the fun away from a game like this when you feel forced to gear up certain characters so you're not left in the dust. Props on the maul btw.
  • Thanks Jack!

Jack1210 wrote: »
    Eventually I’ll G13 all the Sith, just wanted to do him since he’s my favorite. You gotta have fun, we are playing a game right?

Yes. Thank you. If CG would realize this and take a step back they could really improve the game. Obviously simply making much more g12 finishers available wouldn't necessarily help their bottom line, but increasing drops and such will encourage more players to freely equip rare pieces to characters they like. It just takes some of the fun away from a game like this when you feel forced to gear up certain characters so you're not left in the dust. Props on the maul btw.

• 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    bk2vdpwti72i.jpeg
    2f6zwrw0l16x.png

3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

What are his stats?

Based on those stats, I assume you have a protection primary on the circle and the cross. Not sure what sets you are using on him since I can't see your CD%.

I would keep his unique in mind when modding him. He gains 20% max health to start and then ups his max health based on the amount of damage he does. His potency (for his daze) also increases with his max health. Once the 3rd enemy in an encounter dies he gains 25% of his max health per hit.

His starting stats are 32k Health and 39k Protection. If you ignore secondary stats and types of sets for a moment and you put two protection mods on his circle and cross he ends up with 38.4k health (20% bonus) and 57.5k Prot. That's effective 96.1k hps. After the 3rd kill he'll be healing for a mimimum 9.6k per hit.

If on the other hand, you go with health on circle/cross, he ends up with 50.6k health and 39k prot with an effective hps of 89.6k. After the 3rd kill hell be healing for 12.6 k per hit.

If your looking to use him vs Jedi in Geo TB, bumping his initial health is the way to go as opposed to having non replenish-able protection. The larger pool will provide for faster gains on both healing (especially if you run him under traya) and potency (which would be nice for the high tenacity enemies).

TLDR - If I took Maul to 13, I'd likely run him in CD/Heath sets with Health primary on the circle and cross.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    bk2vdpwti72i.jpeg
    2f6zwrw0l16x.png

3yii2f89c2ib.jpeg

What are his stats?

Based on those stats, I assume you have a protection primary on the circle and the cross. Not sure what sets you are using on him since I can't see your CD%.

I would keep his unique in mind when modding him. He gains 20% max health to start and then ups his max health based on the amount of damage he does. His potency (for his daze) also increases with his max health. Once the 3rd enemy in an encounter dies he gains 25% of his max health per hit.

His starting stats are 32k Health and 39k Protection. If you ignore secondary stats and types of sets for a moment and you put two protection mods on his circle and cross he ends up with 38.4k health (20% bonus) and 57.5k Prot. That's effective 96.1k hps. After the 3rd kill he'll be healing for a mimimum 9.6k per hit.

If on the other hand, you go with health on circle/cross, he ends up with 50.6k health and 39k prot with an effective hps of 89.6k. After the 3rd kill hell be healing for 12.6 k per hit.

If your looking to use him vs Jedi in Geo TB, bumping his initial health is the way to go as opposed to having non replenish-able protection. The larger pool will provide for faster gains on both healing (especially if you run him under traya) and potency (which would be nice for the high tenacity enemies).

TLDR - If I took Maul to 13, I'd likely run him in CD/Heath sets with Health primary on the circle and cross.

@7AnimalMother This is very helpful and thank you. I don't have plans to g13 him anytime soon, but he has done good work for me even at g9 for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.